Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin / Buzsaky 10:38 - Jan 23 with 3023 viewsDANRANGER

Having seen what Buz has done in the last few games does anyone wonder why he couldn't have played in the middle alongside Faurlin as it seems to me he is only getting in as a replacement yet on Sat Barton was doing the Faurlin role.

Warnock clearly didn't rate him and I'm pleased that Hughes has given him a chance and he has taken it. When he did play under NW I felt he was asked to play a role that didn't suit him so I just hope he stays fit and can remain consistent as he brings potential goals from central midfield which we haven't had for some time.

Long may it continue.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:44 - Jan 23 with 2372 viewsNeil_SI

I've never had a problem with Buzsaky playing in central midfield, even if his best spell for us came when he played in the hole at the top of the midfield. But it's early days for him and it's never really been a question about his ability as he's always had the technical skills.

It still remains about fitness for him and he needs a long and uninterrupted run of games to really see where he can progress from here. He has got to stay injury free for a sustained period of time and only then will we know whether he can consistently perform at this best. The goal will have done him the world of good though and what a strike it was. Sensational.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:47 - Jan 23 with 2355 viewssmegma

Hindsights a great thing.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:47 - Jan 23 with 2353 viewsgazza1

Buzz had a decent game on Saturday......that is it. He will be picked for the next game - lets see how he does.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:51 - Jan 23 with 2335 viewsgobbles

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:47 - Jan 23 by gazza1

Buzz had a decent game on Saturday......that is it. He will be picked for the next game - lets see how he does.

No that's no just it.

He had more influence on a single game than any player this season. The fact that it came in such a high pressure game was even more telling.

And it also a damning indictment of Warnock that he never gave him a proper run in the team or even gave him a proper chance when we went through such a poor run, not even picking him on the bench in December.

But instead, for similar home crunch games against Norwich and Sunderland, Warnock picked Derry to start
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:53 - Jan 23 with 2324 viewspomanjou

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:47 - Jan 23 by gazza1

Plus an excellent goal.

I agree, powder dry for the moment.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:54 - Jan 23 with 2315 viewssmegma

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:51 - Jan 23 by gobbles

No that's no just it.

He had more influence on a single game than any player this season. The fact that it came in such a high pressure game was even more telling.

And it also a damning indictment of Warnock that he never gave him a proper run in the team or even gave him a proper chance when we went through such a poor run, not even picking him on the bench in December.

But instead, for similar home crunch games against Norwich and Sunderland, Warnock picked Derry to start

Like the previous post , it was one game. against the worse team in the premier league by a country mile. He also had a good game agaionst a League 1 side 5 days before. I'll judge him after the wolves game when hopefully he's played all 3 games and we've turned most teams over !
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:56 - Jan 23 with 2301 viewsgazza1

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:51 - Jan 23 by gobbles

No that's no just it.

That statement you made Gobbles is way OTT......he had a decent game, no more, no less.

PS - he gave a needless free kick away from which they scored from if you recall or noticed.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:04 - Jan 23 with 2278 viewsDANRANGER

I agree it is just one game and it's not going to happen every week but he still is a more positive option and as mentioned Warnock had him at his disposal against Sunderland/Norwich but clearly didn't rate him. He didn't get a fair go under NW as NW had his type of players and with Tarbs in the side I guess he didn't want to risk another flair player.

For the run in it's all about have good options in the squad and Buz has taken his chance which can only enhance our chances.

Any chance Hogan can step up also?? has much more natural technique than Mackie but lacks the strength and belief to acheive.
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:06 - Jan 23 with 2269 viewsSomersetHoops

It was a very soft free kick and I think Buzsaky had an excellent game. Whenever Warnock used him he pushed him out wide which is not his best position. Barton often played out wide for Newcastle and if Buz had been in the middle with Ale Faulin and Barton out wide that could have been a more successful formation.

Too late for that this season, but does sound a good idea for the future, although by next season we could have some pretty drastic changes, depending on which league we are in.

Who's Next?

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:08 - Jan 23 with 2258 viewsAntti_Heinola

I probably fall somewhere between gobbles and gazza on this one. I've always loved Buz, but I think it's unfair to criticise NW for not giving him a chance. Buz was a major part of the team the season NW took over, and more than played his part in keeping us up (interestingly, in NW's first home league game, Buz scored a free kick in a 3-1 win). Then, he was due to play CM with Faurlin last season, but was injured, allowing Derry to step in. Derry then had a superb season and couldn't really be dropped. Buz did come in when Faurlin was injured and did quite well (although took a fair amount of stick on here). I don't recall many people calling for his inclusion last season after that.

This season he did well at Everton and was unlucky not to start more games, but to be fair, when he came on as sub v WBA he was blamed by many on here for the result, and was roundly written off as a QPR player. I don't really think NW has had many opportunities to give Buz a real chance because of Faurlin's fitness and the signing of Joey.

Disagree slightly with Neil - Buz's best spell was under De Canio and he mainly played almost like a right midfielder, where he was very effective even if it's not his most natural position.

What he does give us, if fit and confident, is a massive goal threat. He's comfortably the best striker of the ball at the club - the most accurate and probably the most powerful, too. His set piece delivery is very good, his passing is strong, and his vision probably second only to Faurlin. However, he doesn't have much competition, currently, in those areas!

I really hope he continues to get a run in the side because he's an exciting player who really does have all the skills needed, but, like gazza (oh god, I feel a bit ill), I don't think it's time to fete him just yet. Let's hope he steers clear of injury, for a start.

Bare bones.

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:11 - Jan 23 with 2241 viewstimcocking

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:44 - Jan 23 by Neil_SI

I've never had a problem with Buzsaky playing in central midfield, even if his best spell for us came when he played in the hole at the top of the midfield. But it's early days for him and it's never really been a question about his ability as he's always had the technical skills.

It still remains about fitness for him and he needs a long and uninterrupted run of games to really see where he can progress from here. He has got to stay injury free for a sustained period of time and only then will we know whether he can consistently perform at this best. The goal will have done him the world of good though and what a strike it was. Sensational.

Absolutely right. Still big question marks with the injuries he's had. To come back from basically 2 years or more without playing at this level is asking a lot, regardless of how well he played for one game.

'Twas certainly an absolute pleasure to see though and fingers crossed for him (and us) he can reproduce that sort of form.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:17 - Jan 23 with 2224 viewsFDC

I'm in the Gobbles camp on Buzsaky, and I've alway worried that we would live to regret not having found a way to get him back to his best and playing regularly, he's clearly very gifted and it would be crap watching turn out for a rival team.

Incidentally, Warnock explicitly said right at the start of his reign when Buzz got injured something along the lines of "with Buzsaky out, I think Shaun did a good job of covering for him". The fact that Derry went on to become a mainstay of the team alongside Faurlin was down to a chance injury to Buzsaky and Derry having an unforeseen Indian summer - he would have started Buzsaky alongside Faurlin otherwise and who knows how things would have turned out? Obviously the Derry - Faurlin partnership was a feature of our successful championship campaign.

It is strange that Warnock then froze Buzsaky out completely, not even finding a place on the bench, even when Derry was starting to struggle towards the end of last year and start of this year.

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:20 - Jan 23 with 2199 viewsadhoc_qpr

Agree we need to be cautious with our optimism around Buzsaky, but he also put in an excellent performance against Everton away at the very beginning of the season - so it's not a one off.

And please let Buz take the corners against Villa Hughes!
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:29 - Jan 23 with 2168 viewsbaz_qpr

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:08 - Jan 23 by Antti_Heinola

I probably fall somewhere between gobbles and gazza on this one. I've always loved Buz, but I think it's unfair to criticise NW for not giving him a chance. Buz was a major part of the team the season NW took over, and more than played his part in keeping us up (interestingly, in NW's first home league game, Buz scored a free kick in a 3-1 win). Then, he was due to play CM with Faurlin last season, but was injured, allowing Derry to step in. Derry then had a superb season and couldn't really be dropped. Buz did come in when Faurlin was injured and did quite well (although took a fair amount of stick on here). I don't recall many people calling for his inclusion last season after that.

This season he did well at Everton and was unlucky not to start more games, but to be fair, when he came on as sub v WBA he was blamed by many on here for the result, and was roundly written off as a QPR player. I don't really think NW has had many opportunities to give Buz a real chance because of Faurlin's fitness and the signing of Joey.

Disagree slightly with Neil - Buz's best spell was under De Canio and he mainly played almost like a right midfielder, where he was very effective even if it's not his most natural position.

What he does give us, if fit and confident, is a massive goal threat. He's comfortably the best striker of the ball at the club - the most accurate and probably the most powerful, too. His set piece delivery is very good, his passing is strong, and his vision probably second only to Faurlin. However, he doesn't have much competition, currently, in those areas!

I really hope he continues to get a run in the side because he's an exciting player who really does have all the skills needed, but, like gazza (oh god, I feel a bit ill), I don't think it's time to fete him just yet. Let's hope he steers clear of injury, for a start.

Agree with most of that especially with comments about playing on the right - I would have had him as one of the three in the 4-2-3-1 and IMHO was always worth his place for set pieces alone, and even when he did get a game he did not take the set pieces which IMHO was madness, or showed we did not practice them very much.

Whatever happens with Buzz I will always remember him for scoring the best goal I've ever seen live (and yes I was there for Trickey Trevs overhead kick) the chip/lob goal over the keep from the near post to the far post. Outrageous!!!
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:31 - Jan 23 with 2158 viewsjonno

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:08 - Jan 23 by Antti_Heinola

Agree with that. Class is permanent, form (and injuries hopefully) temporary. Buzz has always had the ability to play at the top level IMHO, he just got injuries at bad times and then needed an opportunity once fit again. Great striker of the ball, he doesn't half hit it as well - watch him in the warm up next time! Also has vision and now works harder at the defensive aspects of the game, would really like to see him get a decent run in the side. Will score goals from midfield, we don't have many who can do that.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:34 - Jan 23 with 2140 viewsqprmick

To be fair to Warnock, how can you pick a bloke who is always injured, or was most of the time.

Qprmick

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:46 - Jan 23 with 2103 viewsDANRANGER

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:04 - Jan 23 by DANRANGER

I agree it is just one game and it's not going to happen every week but he still is a more positive option and as mentioned Warnock had him at his disposal against Sunderland/Norwich but clearly didn't rate him. He didn't get a fair go under NW as NW had his type of players and with Tarbs in the side I guess he didn't want to risk another flair player.

For the run in it's all about have good options in the squad and Buz has taken his chance which can only enhance our chances.

Any chance Hogan can step up also?? has much more natural technique than Mackie but lacks the strength and belief to acheive.

no one fancy commenting on Hogan then! Have I gone too far?

I've always liked him but equally understand the frustation of many when watching him. Can Hughes perform miracles and turn him into a PL player? NW went for Puncheon and he was a waste of a place in the 25 (again hindsight is a wonderful thing) but if we fail to sign any attacking players does anyone hold out any hope for Hogan under Hughes.

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:49 - Jan 23 with 2096 viewsjonno

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:34 - Jan 23 by qprmick

To be fair to Warnock, how can you pick a bloke who is always injured, or was most of the time.

He picked Hall, Gabbidon etc. etc.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:05 - Jan 23 with 2041 viewsswisscottage

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:49 - Jan 23 by jonno

He picked Hall, Gabbidon etc. etc.

Buzz is now playing in his best position, and the one we're most likely to see the best out of him.

Because most managers that have played him have thought of him as a luzury player, they don't even give him a proper try in his proper position .... the one in which he has 19 caps for Hungary.

Quite frankly its a succession of short sighted Bassett type english managers that appear to have type cast Buzz as a luxury player as opposed to a pivotal player, which also appears to have steared the thinking of equally short sighted fans.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:10 - Jan 23 with 2019 viewsadhoc_qpr

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:46 - Jan 23 by DANRANGER

I've always liked him but equally understand the frustation of many when watching him. Can Hughes perform miracles and turn him into a PL player? NW went for Puncheon and he was a waste of a place in the 25 (again hindsight is a wonderful thing) but if we fail to sign any attacking players does anyone hold out any hope for Hogan under Hughes.

Hogan should be in the 25 (barring an unlikely 4-5 signings in the next week) but mainly as a utility player for the bench.

Put in a perfectly decent 20 minute shift against Everton before the takeover.

Not sure where he fits in a 4-4-2 though? A bit lightweight for centre mid, can goes missing on the wing and never really played for us as a striker despite starting off there and being a tidy finisher.
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:15 - Jan 23 with 2001 viewsStanisgod

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 11:46 - Jan 23 by DANRANGER

Yes, you have gone too far

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:28 - Jan 23 with 1975 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:10 - Jan 23 by adhoc_qpr

Hogan should be in the 25 (barring an unlikely 4-5 signings in the next week) but mainly as a utility player for the bench.

Put in a perfectly decent 20 minute shift against Everton before the takeover.

Not sure where he fits in a 4-4-2 though? A bit lightweight for centre mid, can goes missing on the wing and never really played for us as a striker despite starting off there and being a tidy finisher.

Personally think we'll sign 4-5 players and think Hogan will do well to make the 25, sadly. Hope he does, though.

Bare bones.

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:43 - Jan 23 with 1924 viewsHollowayRanger

what ever you want to say about buzz

one thing is certain

HE CAN TAKE A FREEKICK!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:46 - Jan 23 with 1916 viewsgobbles

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 10:56 - Jan 23 by gazza1

That statement you made Gobbles is way OTT......he had a decent game, no more, no less.

PS - he gave a needless free kick away from which they scored from if you recall or noticed.

Therein lies the problem with too many fans on here and Warnock. Too much criticism and not enough invention.
We could create zero chances in a game and Warnock and you point at one mistake or one mistimed tackle. That way we play a thousand passes sideways and no one has the guts to pass the ball forward.
We failed under Warnock though a lack of invention, not because of occasional individual mistakes. He used to point at individual mistakes and create a atmosphere of fear. Yet the only reason they mattered was because we hardly ever had a shot on goal and because of this we brought pressure on our defence.
Buzsaky had as many shots on Saturday as the team has had in several games. Yet you point to a "soft free kick". Bring back Derry
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:56 - Jan 23 with 1879 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin / Buzsaky on 12:46 - Jan 23 by gobbles

Therein lies the problem with too many fans on here and Warnock. Too much criticism and not enough invention.
We could create zero chances in a game and Warnock and you point at one mistake or one mistimed tackle. That way we play a thousand passes sideways and no one has the guts to pass the ball forward.
We failed under Warnock though a lack of invention, not because of occasional individual mistakes. He used to point at individual mistakes and create a atmosphere of fear. Yet the only reason they mattered was because we hardly ever had a shot on goal and because of this we brought pressure on our defence.
Buzsaky had as many shots on Saturday as the team has had in several games. Yet you point to a "soft free kick". Bring back Derry
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Have to agree with all that Gobbles. Well put.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024