Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International strips 11:13 - Jun 12 with 5669 viewsDanVanDyke

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but what is the situation regarding international strips? Last night France, who always used to wear blue shirts, white shorts and red socks were wearing all blue, whilst England who always had blue shorts were wearing all white.

Spain have ditched their traditional black socks in favour of red as well. Is there a FIFA/UEFA rule governing the number of colours in a team strip?
International strips on 11:16 - Jun 12 with 4287 viewsQPunkR

Nope.

It's all run and decided by Nike/Adidas/whoever else makes the shirts now

QPR - "shit but local"

International strips on 11:18 - Jun 12 with 4282 viewsW7Ranger

Hart's kit is awful!!
International strips on 11:19 - Jun 12 with 4276 viewsQPunkR

International strips on 11:18 - Jun 12 by W7Ranger

Hart's kit is awful!!

QPR - "shit but local"

International strips on 11:22 - Jun 12 with 4267 viewsClive_Anderson

I think I prefer the all white strip for England. The blue shorts remind me of Bolton or Fulham or some other boring team.
International strips on 11:32 - Jun 12 with 4257 viewsTonto

I must say -I dont get why England played with blue shorts. the English colours are red and white. Surely we should play in red shorts - or all white with red socks?

then again why to Italy play in blue when their natioanl flag is red white and green...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

International strips on 11:35 - Jun 12 with 4254 viewssmegma

We were classed as the home team, so we wore our home kit. Because Frances away kit contains blue shorts , we changed ours to white shorts.
International strips on 11:38 - Jun 12 with 4247 viewspadstow

International strips on 11:32 - Jun 12 by Tonto

I must say -I dont get why England played with blue shorts. the English colours are red and white. Surely we should play in red shorts - or all white with red socks?

then again why to Italy play in blue when their natioanl flag is red white and green...

THIS!! ^^^^^

It has always driven me mad that we have blue in our kit. Can you imagine the Scots adopting, say, red shorts?!

I'm loving the new kit. Even the badge is red. Well done the FA!
International strips on 11:48 - Jun 12 with 4228 viewsW7Ranger

International strips on 11:38 - Jun 12 by padstow

THIS!! ^^^^^

It has always driven me mad that we have blue in our kit. Can you imagine the Scots adopting, say, red shorts?!

"Well done the FA!"

Well that's something I never thought I'd ever see on this message board!!!!

Login to get fewer ads

International strips on 11:50 - Jun 12 with 4218 viewsGloucs_R

Hart's kit is awful!!

He should have been wearing the new red kit. Unless he wasnt allowed to because the French keeper was wearing red....but that cant be right because of the old days when both keepers wore green.

Poll: Are we staying up?

International strips on 11:53 - Jun 12 with 4212 viewsTheChef

International strips on 11:32 - Jun 12 by Tonto

Italy play in blue because it's the colour of the House of Savoy who used to rule the country.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

International strips on 12:08 - Jun 12 with 4190 viewsBrianMcCarthy

International strips on 11:53 - Jun 12 by TheChef

Italy play in blue because it's the colour of the House of Savoy who used to rule the country.

Possibly the most impressive bit of off-season trivia I've ever read.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

International strips on 12:36 - Jun 12 with 4166 viewsboobishabang

Hart's kit is awful!!

Prefer this one?

International strips on 12:37 - Jun 12 with 4161 viewsW7Ranger

International strips on 12:36 - Jun 12 by boobishabang

Prefer this one?

International strips on 12:40 - Jun 12 with 4152 viewsGloucs_R

Poll: Are we staying up?

International strips on 12:54 - Jun 12 with 4127 viewsDanVanDyke

International strips on 11:35 - Jun 12 by smegma

We were classed as the home team, so we wore our home kit. Because Frances away kit contains blue shorts , we changed ours to white shorts.

Ok, so England traditionally wear white shirts and blue shorts and France wear blue shirts and white shorts, both teams can wear their full 'home' kits and nothing needs to change!!! They obviously don't have those traditional shorts anymore! My point is that both France and England have adopted one colour strips, Spain no longer have their black socks and my own boys, Switzerland have moved from red shirts and white shorts to an all red ensemble.

Why have so many countries adopted a recent policy of a one colour strip?

I've noticed this in national football too, Southampton and Sunderland always used to have black socks but have changed to red, Man City used to wear white shorts but played in all sky blue against us on the last day. Why? Help me!?
International strips on 13:20 - Jun 12 with 4101 viewsthame_hoops

International strips on 12:54 - Jun 12 by DanVanDyke

Ok, so England traditionally wear white shirts and blue shorts and France wear blue shirts and white shorts, both teams can wear their full 'home' kits and nothing needs to change!!! They obviously don't have those traditional shorts anymore! My point is that both France and England have adopted one colour strips, Spain no longer have their black socks and my own boys, Switzerland have moved from red shirts and white shorts to an all red ensemble.

I've noticed this in national football too, Southampton and Sunderland always used to have black socks but have changed to red, Man City used to wear white shorts but played in all sky blue against us on the last day. Why? Help me!?

i think your past help mate!
International strips on 13:22 - Jun 12 with 4092 viewsTheChef

Maybe it's a visibility thing?

Anyway England shirts with red trim and white shorts is just wrong. It's quite simple - plain white shirt, plain navy blue shorts, plain white socks.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

International strips on 13:25 - Jun 12 with 4084 viewsthame_hoops

International strips on 13:22 - Jun 12 by TheChef

Maybe it's a visibility thing?

Anyway England shirts with red trim and white shorts is just wrong. It's quite simple - plain white shirt, plain navy blue shorts, plain white socks.

the england all white kit reminds me of my old PE kit. i prefer blue shorts, they bought it back on the last kit then changed it again?
International strips on 13:26 - Jun 12 with 4080 viewsDanVanDyke

International strips on 13:20 - Jun 12 by thame_hoops

i think your past help mate!

I'm beginning to realise that. It's puzzled me for a while, maybe the earlier post about the manufacturers is right, is it more saleable to have shorts and socks all the same colour as the shirt? Only kids buy a full kit anyway.

I wondered if it was a FIFA thing about the number of colours on the pitch at any given time?
International strips on 13:32 - Jun 12 with 4071 viewsJamie

International strips on 13:45 - Jun 12 with 4048 viewsboobishabang

International strips on 13:32 - Jun 12 by Jamie

Is that a Potato in Big Dave's Shorts
International strips on 15:09 - Jun 12 with 3981 viewsWalnut

International strips on 12:54 - Jun 12 by DanVanDyke

Correct, our official home / first kit is all white (since the last kit launch) so the blue shorts mentioned are irrelevant
International strips on 15:10 - Jun 12 with 3976 viewsTonto

International strips on 15:09 - Jun 12 by Walnut

Correct, our official home / first kit is all white (since the last kit launch) so the blue shorts mentioned are irrelevant

the previous version with the pale blue shorts was really horrible

especially as the new "longer style/anti 80's shorts' had so much of it.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

International strips on 15:15 - Jun 12 with 3973 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Hart's kit is awful!!

Terrible kit but when compared to..............

I belive he designed them all himself with the help of Stevie Wonder

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

International strips on 16:56 - Jun 12 with 3923 viewskarl

International strips on 11:38 - Jun 12 by padstow

THIS!! ^^^^^

Scotland have traditionally had red socks

Our new change kit is white shirts dark blue shorts and white socks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024