Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thanks a bunch...... 23:22 - Aug 18 with 3070 viewshighleverhoopL

To all those posters who since 5pm today have revealed that they knew all along about the deep seated structural deficiencies in our defence/attack/midfield plus Mark Hughes' failings as a manager plus the inadequacy of our signings. Why didn't you tell us before? Then we wouldn't have been so excited!
Thanks a bunch...... on 23:33 - Aug 18 with 3018 viewsHollowayRanger

didnt know about any of them sorry ,the keeper however

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Thanks a bunch...... on 23:40 - Aug 18 with 2975 viewshighleverhoopL

Thanks a bunch...... on 23:33 - Aug 18 by HollowayRanger

didnt know about any of them sorry ,the keeper however

Yes, deliberately didn't mention him, some did warn us
Thanks a bunch...... on 23:43 - Aug 18 with 2955 viewsbosh67

One thing we always forget. This is QPR.

Not to worry. We'll pull it out the fire with five home games left.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Thanks a bunch...... on 23:44 - Aug 18 with 2939 viewsQPR1882

The keeper and the defence has had posts most days re how dodgy they are / can be

The midfield has also had posts most days regarding WHO would/could/should/should not etc start

The forwards have got away with it this week to my knowledge

I did put a post up during the week about Paddy Power making MH one of the favs to be out the door 1st.

Hope that helped......................
Thanks a bunch...... on 06:49 - Aug 19 with 2792 viewssmegma

The same 'fans' who , if we'd won 5-0 or even 1-0 , would be claiming Hughes was a genius and we were bound for Europe.
Thanks a bunch...... on 07:03 - Aug 19 with 2771 viewsMelakaRanger

To anyone who is moaning. STOP

Mark Hughes and Tony F will do whats necessary to make QPR succesful. There will be 'cock ups' like this along the way but its a marathon not a sprint.

Lets give them all our 100% support and not be too quick to critisise.

MHs interview on Sky Sports was totally frank, unlike Warnocks excuses this time last year.

Keep the faith and keep being positive (yes I know this is QPR !!:) )

Thanks a bunch...... on 07:35 - Aug 19 with 2734 viewskropotkin41

Thanks a bunch...... on 07:03 - Aug 19 by MelakaRanger

To anyone who is moaning. STOP

Mark Hughes and Tony F will do whats necessary to make QPR succesful. There will be 'cock ups' like this along the way but its a marathon not a sprint.

Lets give them all our 100% support and not be too quick to critisise.

MHs interview on Sky Sports was totally frank, unlike Warnocks excuses this time last year.

Keep the faith and keep being positive (yes I know this is QPR !!:) )

What did MH say?

Just yesterday morning a Liverpool fan and I were talking about the changes of personnel at QPR and he said that it sounded like we'd got a good defence now........ tbh, I was under the same impression.

Getting thrashed at home on the first day of the season is so typically Rs and we all know that we could be in for a rocky few weeks, but I still feel that we'll be all right.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Thanks a bunch...... on 09:00 - Aug 19 with 2595 viewsSpiritofGregory

What the board need to do is get the cheque book out and pay a fee for a decent central defender instead of looking for free transfers or loans. All these new scouts, what are they doing?
Login to get fewer ads

Thanks a bunch...... on 12:49 - Aug 19 with 2456 viewsTacticalR

In reply to the OP, being a football generally entails passing from hope to despair with very little ground in between.

The other factor is that Swansea were underestimated, many confidently opining that they would suffer from 'second season syndrome'. This was at least questioned in the comments section on Friday prior to the game here:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1787

and here (and the report included detailed information from Miguel Ortiz about Michu):
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1787

Air hostess clique

Thanks a bunch...... on 16:53 - Aug 19 with 2302 viewshighleverhoopL

Thanks a bunch...... on 12:49 - Aug 19 by TacticalR

In reply to the OP, being a football generally entails passing from hope to despair with very little ground in between.

The other factor is that Swansea were underestimated, many confidently opining that they would suffer from 'second season syndrome'. This was at least questioned in the comments section on Friday prior to the game here:

and here (and the report included detailed information from Miguel Ortiz about Michu):

Fair comment. Personally I think that anyone who reads too much into the result of the first competitive game of the season with four debutants, however disastrous, should calm down.
Thanks a bunch...... on 20:38 - Aug 19 with 2137 viewsqprmick

Thanks a bunch...... on 16:53 - Aug 19 by highleverhoopL

Fair comment. Personally I think that anyone who reads too much into the result of the first competitive game of the season with four debutants, however disastrous, should calm down.

Hmmm, I was totally shocked last season and look where that led us. We were at home, Swansealona had newbies too. I expected better.

Qprmick

Thanks a bunch...... on 20:47 - Aug 19 with 2105 viewsHollowayRanger

I EXPECT to see a team not a rabble

have never minded loses as long as we have done our best and for the money spent on those players wages alone that was NOT good enough

same goes for the manager

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Thanks a bunch...... on 20:48 - Aug 19 with 2107 viewsantoknee64

To be fair to MH he did say during pre-season games that we always gave away silly goals.
Just a shame the coaches didnt work on that
Thanks a bunch...... on 20:48 - Aug 19 with 2106 viewsdaveB

Thanks a bunch...... on 06:49 - Aug 19 by smegma

The same 'fans' who , if we'd won 5-0 or even 1-0 , would be claiming Hughes was a genius and we were bound for Europe.

we didn't win 5-0 though and the team had tons of problems with no shape, no real game plan and players just giving up at 2-0. No one saw that coming but it is ok to mention it when it happens.

for me that was the worst half of football i have ever seen from QPR, beats the previous all time low of Ipswich under Mick Harford.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Thanks a bunch...... on 20:54 - Aug 19 with 2077 viewsJamie

Thanks a bunch...... on 20:48 - Aug 19 by daveB

we didn't win 5-0 though and the team had tons of problems with no shape, no real game plan and players just giving up at 2-0. No one saw that coming but it is ok to mention it when it happens.

for me that was the worst half of football i have ever seen from QPR, beats the previous all time low of Ipswich under Mick Harford.

Plenty of people saw our defence troubled in Asia and in Germany but hoped Hughes would get it sorted. He hasn't. Plenty of time to sort it out and glad it was exposed this early.
Thanks a bunch...... on 00:57 - Aug 20 with 1968 viewsnadera78

Thanks a bunch...... on 20:54 - Aug 19 by Jamie

Plenty of people saw our defence troubled in Asia and in Germany but hoped Hughes would get it sorted. He hasn't. Plenty of time to sort it out and glad it was exposed this early.

It's not just the defenders though, the formation we played yesterday gave Swansea more time and space than they could have dreamt of.
Thanks a bunch...... on 02:37 - Aug 20 with 1936 viewsmylot50years

Thanks a bunch...... on 20:47 - Aug 19 by HollowayRanger

I EXPECT to see a team not a rabble

have never minded loses as long as we have done our best and for the money spent on those players wages alone that was NOT good enough

same goes for the manager

Agree entirely
No good MH telling us how poor we were and how disappointed he was
Needs to sort it but not sure he has the ability or capacity for what is required I fear him giving more of the same next w/end
Thanks a bunch...... on 02:42 - Aug 20 with 1929 viewsqprmick

Thanks a bunch...... on 02:37 - Aug 20 by mylot50years

Agree entirely
No good MH telling us how poor we were and how disappointed he was
Needs to sort it but not sure he has the ability or capacity for what is required I fear him giving more of the same next w/end

This IS Rangers, we will probably win in a canter. Our last away game we almost beat the Champions.

Qprmick

Thanks a bunch...... on 05:36 - Aug 20 with 1911 viewsMelakaRanger

dont panic!

keep positive and lets see what the next 4 or 5 games bring.

if we havent sorted it out by then, then I'm sure the people at the top will ensure the apprpriate action is taken

Tony F is no mug. Hes a man who is driven by success. So keep the faith
Thanks a bunch...... on 06:38 - Aug 20 with 1892 viewscorse

norwich, city, chelsea, tottenham there is our next four.
carrow road has been a nightmare place to visit lately and defo nothin more than 1-2 points from the next three after that.
Thanks a bunch...... on 08:40 - Aug 20 with 1791 viewsSomersetHoops

I knew as soon as I saw my normal turnstile into the paddock shut off. Whenever I go through the right hand one we lose and on Saturday I had no choice.

As soon as I saw the first goal go through green's hands I knew, but to be fair after seeing the errors from Green pre-season It was not unexpected. I'm not sure we can wait until January to get an alternative keeper and I suggested we will be looking for a replacement in January well before this game.

Apart from the goalkeeping issue and even with it, I expected us to win this game, but I think we showed such uncorrected tactical incompetence in the first half defeat appeared inevitable. It became obvious to me when we were pinned into our own half for the last quarter of an hour of the first half that we had completely lost control of the game and would probably get hammered.

Who's Next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024