Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF Aspiarations 10:51 - Aug 22 with 4545 viewsellersliehoop

I'm just wondering what Tony Fernandes aspirations for the club are.........

He clearly wants more than being a mid-table premier league club, he's got to be thinking of us in the Europa League or something to justify all the players we're signing?
TF Aspiarations on 15:15 - Aug 22 with 941 viewskensalriser

I'm sure Tony's aspirations at least match Hughes' ambitions. Although I'm not sure what those ambitions are, I do hope they involve some decent tactics and perhaps a good performance or two at some point.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

TF Aspiarations on 15:25 - Aug 22 with 924 viewsKonk

TF Aspiarations on 15:10 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Mittal is seriously rich, has more than Ambramovich, so hardly likely to need the (to him) small saving he would accrue by leaving us.

Also Bhatia has publically said that owners have not saddled the FC or PLC with debt that has to be repaid.

I find it amazing that after one (bad) defeat we have player acquisitions, the manager and now the owners all attacked - its quite incredible really when you think about where we have come from in such a short space of time and really rather sad at the same time.

Gillette and Hicks also publically stated that their takeover of LFC wouldn't be/wasn't a leveraged buyout...but that went out the window. You can't predict the future and there's no sense worrying excessively about what you can't control, but it's not unheard of for the new dream owners of a club to end up being utt er shi tbags or out of their depth.

Also, Mittal doesn't have to sell because he needs the cash - his involvement is possibly just a few bob he's lobbed his son-in-law to keep his daughter off his case, but it also doesn't mean he's guaranteed to want to stump up loads of wedge every year to susidise the whole operation.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

TF Aspiarations on 15:25 - Aug 22 with 924 viewsN12Hoop

Unlike the invisible owners of some clubs, the Mittals are settled here, wanted to buy the club and would probably buy it if TF wanted to sell. TF's fortunes are bound up within his company, so if Air Asia goes down the pan then so does he. But the MIttals will be rich forever and having 2 fairly visible owners must surely put us in a different position from the Pompey's of this world and those with 1 shady barely visible owner. Amit clearly loves the club and his role within it, although it does seem a bit like a kid let lose in the sweetshop at the moment. Still, assuming results come good it's a lot more fun than watching some of the dross we've put up with in the past 20 years and I'm not going to stay awake at night worrying about our finances.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

TF Aspiarations on 18:18 - Aug 22 with 895 viewsCanadaRanger

TF Aspiarations on 11:20 - Aug 22 by Konk

What is TF's great business model?

Getting the largest possible number of people to use and enjoy something that he provides with quality and at as affordable a price as possible. It's why Air Asia has been so successful.

It is also the complete opposite of the boutique club ideas of the previous owners.

TF's business model doesn't work with a full 18,000 seat stadium in the premiership, because revenues from seat sales are not sufficient. TV money certainly helps and will carry a big share of payroll.

The new stadium is the key. I expect season ticket prices to come down a bit (in real terms, e.g., no increases for several years) if/when we can fill 25,000 - 40,000 seats, rather than 13,000 - 18,000. And all that requires is each person bring one more.
TF Aspiarations on 19:49 - Aug 22 with 860 viewshighleverhoopL

TF Aspiarations on 11:20 - Aug 22 by Konk

What is TF's great business model?

Qpr=pan Asian advertising hoarding for Air Asia
Ownership of prem club=opened doors in business, politics across Asia
TF Aspiarations on 09:10 - Aug 23 with 801 viewsKonk

TF Aspiarations on 18:18 - Aug 22 by CanadaRanger

Getting the largest possible number of people to use and enjoy something that he provides with quality and at as affordable a price as possible. It's why Air Asia has been so successful.

It is also the complete opposite of the boutique club ideas of the previous owners.

TF's business model doesn't work with a full 18,000 seat stadium in the premiership, because revenues from seat sales are not sufficient. TV money certainly helps and will carry a big share of payroll.

The new stadium is the key. I expect season ticket prices to come down a bit (in real terms, e.g., no increases for several years) if/when we can fill 25,000 - 40,000 seats, rather than 13,000 - 18,000. And all that requires is each person bring one more.

Filling planes through offering cheap tickets and new routes is very different to filling a football ground. People hate the Ryanair experience, but they use them because they can get to the other side of Europe for £40. George Reynolds made £300m out of MDF, thought he understood football/business and ended-up with 2,000 fans rattling round in a 25,000 stadium which has killed Darlo. His logic was that people who were priced out of Newcastle would go along and watch their football at Darlo — didn’t happen because people weren’t interested in watching an unsuccessful side, however cheap it was; they’d sooner watch ‘their team’ on the telly down the pub. Football’s had more than its fair share of very successful businessmen who’ve managed to either completely fu ck their clubs up or go bust trying.

“And all that requires is each person bring one more” — which sounds really simple, but in reality is much more difficult for 75% of premier league games, especially at £30+ a pop. Did you have loads of people bothering you for a spare ticket for Norwich? Are there another 15,000 QPR fans out there looking to pay £40+ to watch QPR v Arsenal?

This isn’t me having a dig at Rangers — we’re in the same boat, albeit without our own catchment area and with probably smaller latent support — and it’s taken twelve years to stick about 6,000 on our average — most of our games still go on general sale, we have plenty of tourists and PL fans, and yet this is the most successful period in our history and we are fu cking glorious to watch. Most football ‘fans’ aren’t interested in going to games — they’re glory-hunting idiots who would rather lob SKY £50 a month than actually, like, go and watch ‘their’ team. The four blokes who talk about football all day long in my office have been to about three games between them, and it wouldn’t even cross their minds to go and watch a match, even if tickets were £20. We occasionally get corporates for Fulham, West Ham and even Tottenham, and unless it’s v Man Utd or Liverpool, no-one takes them. One of the fu cking idiots even asked me who I’d support if Fulham went down.

TF Aspiarations on 09:17 - Aug 23 with 792 viewsMichael_Hunt

"One of the fu cking idiots even asked me who I’d support if Fulham went down."

That's easy QPR of course.

TF Aspiarations on 09:23 - Aug 23 with 782 viewsKonk

TF Aspiarations on 09:17 - Aug 23 by Michael_Hunt

"One of the fu cking idiots even asked me who I’d support if Fulham went down."

That's easy QPR of course.

Obviously, but that's between me and you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024