Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Them old cassettes 18:57 - Oct 4 with 3708 viewslongbottom

Unearthed a box of old cassettes whilst rummaging around the attic. Some good stuff there, Alex Harvey, Rory Gallagher plus the full Exile on main Street Album.
My question to you lot is how do I go about digitizing cassettes?
I've had a look at a few of the devices available but to be honest most of 'em look pony to me. Any suggestions?
I do have Audacity software on my PC.
Them old cassettes on 19:42 - Oct 4 with 3653 viewsLblock

I'd bin that lot if I were you..... More hassle than its worth and you'd be doing music a service

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Them old cassettes on 19:46 - Oct 4 with 3648 viewslongbottom

Them old cassettes on 19:42 - Oct 4 by Lblock

I'd bin that lot if I were you..... More hassle than its worth and you'd be doing music a service

Everyone's a critic aint they. Whats wrong with Alex Harvey I'd like to know.
Them old cassettes on 19:58 - Oct 4 with 3623 viewsSonofNorfolt

Them old cassettes on 19:46 - Oct 4 by longbottom

Everyone's a critic aint they. Whats wrong with Alex Harvey I'd like to know.

And I put my hands on you
AND I PUT MY HANDS ON YOU

THE FAITH HEALER

THE FAITH HEALER

Fukkin brilliant song.
Them old cassettes on 20:15 - Oct 4 with 3601 viewskomradkirk

are you going to the boston tea party ?
liked a hooped tee shirt as well.
Them old cassettes on 22:12 - Oct 4 with 3513 viewsJuzzie

http://www.maplin.co.uk/portable-usb-tape-to-mp3-player-ion-tape-2-go-527071

Them old cassettes on 22:25 - Oct 4 with 3495 viewslongbottom

Them old cassettes on 22:12 - Oct 4 by Juzzie

http://www.maplin.co.uk/portable-usb-tape-to-mp3-player-ion-tape-2-go-527071

Many thanks for that Juzzie..........have you got one of these?
Them old cassettes on 23:07 - Oct 4 with 3470 viewsstowmarketrange

Saw him and his band support Slade at Earls Court in 72.Didn't have a clue who he was ,but he did play a good set if I remember rightly.
And he did a proper version of Delilah.
Them old cassettes on 23:30 - Oct 4 with 3452 viewsJuzzie

Them old cassettes on 22:25 - Oct 4 by longbottom

Many thanks for that Juzzie..........have you got one of these?

Nah, my cassettes went long ago!
Login to get fewer ads

Them old cassettes on 09:21 - Oct 5 with 3370 viewsMonahoop

Cassettes. My daughters just can't get their heads around the things like most of their generation, but they were crap really. I recently found a cassette I recorded off the radio in 1985 about the Stones at the BBC 1963 - 65. It still plays well. Also found a double cassette of Old Grey Whistle Test sessions. Sound is a bit warped on some tracks.

As for Alex Harvey. Brilliant. Saw him at Glastonbury in 1979. Eccentric, madcap and I'm certain was an influence on the likes of the late great Ian Dury.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Them old cassettes on 09:38 - Oct 5 with 3349 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I still have a tape player and a few Cassettes in my office

L7 'Bricks are Heavy'
Carcass 'Swansong'
Carcass 'Wake up small the Carcass'
Iron Maiden 'A Real Dead One' being the notables and a valentines mix '95 from and ex-girlfriend.
They are all that remain of my collection.

'Bricks are heavy', what an underated album.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Them old cassettes on 10:11 - Oct 5 with 3326 viewsTheBlob

Had a load of tapes that got nicked out of me motor,stuff I'd recorded off OGWT which the beeb deleted - Like the Gary Boyle band and a stunning live versioin of "Almond Burfi".
Nuffing wrong wiv SAHB.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Them old cassettes on 10:18 - Oct 5 with 3314 viewsA40Bosh

We're building an extension at the moment and had to completely clear the loft before the roof was ripped open. I came across a huge black bin liner of cassette tapes and showed them to my girls who thought it was hysterical.

I found a couple of the TDK special addition recordable ones that used to come in a different type of box to make it "cool". I cant believe you could spend hours in Dixons or Currys or even WHSmith deciding which blank tapes to buy to get the best sound quality. It made no difference really, they all still ran the same risk of getting mangled in the machine.

I would like to thank the manufacturers of Bik biros as they were the pefect size to put through the spool wheel on the cassette to wind back in tall he tape after you had pulled out 2 miles of the tape looking to see where it had got mangled or foldered over and reversed.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Them old cassettes on 10:20 - Oct 5 with 3307 viewsTheBlob

Them old cassettes on 10:18 - Oct 5 by A40Bosh

We're building an extension at the moment and had to completely clear the loft before the roof was ripped open. I came across a huge black bin liner of cassette tapes and showed them to my girls who thought it was hysterical.

I found a couple of the TDK special addition recordable ones that used to come in a different type of box to make it "cool". I cant believe you could spend hours in Dixons or Currys or even WHSmith deciding which blank tapes to buy to get the best sound quality. It made no difference really, they all still ran the same risk of getting mangled in the machine.

I would like to thank the manufacturers of Bik biros as they were the pefect size to put through the spool wheel on the cassette to wind back in tall he tape after you had pulled out 2 miles of the tape looking to see where it had got mangled or foldered over and reversed.

And that 'orrible distorted crunching noise as the tape was getting chewed,the frantic dash to turn it off

Them old cassettes on 10:26 - Oct 5 with 3301 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He reminded me of Bon Scott.

Hey Blobby have you heard the news? Nightwish have sacked the Swedish 'pop-princess' who took over from the (divine as in Julius) Tarja and to fill the live dates have recruited my Godess! THE FLOOR JANSEN.

Immediately bought tickets for Islington next Month. Going to be Feeeeeeeeeeeeckkking splendid!

Them old cassettes on 10:28 - Oct 5 with 3298 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Them old cassettes on 10:18 - Oct 5 by A40Bosh

Remember when it was cool to have the BASF (sp) ones with the red swirl?

That Crunching noise arrrrght then when it was sorted always played back wonky slurred like a fat drunk bird at Kareoke

Them old cassettes on 10:31 - Oct 5 with 3288 viewsTheBlob

Them old cassettes on 10:26 - Oct 5 by Metallica_Hoop

He reminded me of Bon Scott.

Hey Blobby have you heard the news? Nightwish have sacked the Swedish 'pop-princess' who took over from the (divine as in Julius) Tarja and to fill the live dates have recruited my Godess! THE FLOOR JANSEN.

Immediately bought tickets for Islington next Month. Going to be Feeeeeeeeeeeeckkking splendid!

Well that's you rubbing the skin off for the next couple of weeks.

Got a lot of catchin up to do now the BT geezers fixed me internet - lodestone and iron in me walls draining the signal.Bit of shielded cable - much better.

Keep 'em coming Met

Them old cassettes on 10:41 - Oct 5 with 3277 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Them old cassettes on 10:31 - Oct 5 by TheBlob

Well that's you rubbing the skin off for the next couple of weeks.

Got a lot of catchin up to do now the BT geezers fixed me internet - lodestone and iron in me walls draining the signal.Bit of shielded cable - much better.

Keep 'em coming Met

Lodestone & Iron bloody hell makes you sound like a prophet

"and the Blob gazed over hith ancient walls of Iron and Lodestone and hath a deep thought. Altman Bros or Edgar Winter"

Seeing these with Orthodox_Hoop on the 25th

Them old cassettes on 10:56 - Oct 5 with 3264 viewssmegma

My mate still swears by TDK C90 cassettes. About 5 years ago he got a second hand motor and part exchanged his older model. He asked the car dealer to take his tape player out of his old car and put it in the newer one (replacing a perfectly working CD player !!)
Them old cassettes on 10:58 - Oct 5 with 3263 viewsTheBlob

Them old cassettes on 10:41 - Oct 5 by Metallica_Hoop

Lodestone & Iron bloody hell makes you sound like a prophet

"and the Blob gazed over hith ancient walls of Iron and Lodestone and hath a deep thought. Altman Bros or Edgar Winter"

Seeing these with Orthodox_Hoop on the 25th

"And it was said what doth it prophet a man to gain the whole world and lose both his bollocks"

Them old cassettes on 11:15 - Oct 5 with 3254 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That was great Blob, makes me want a beer!

Them old cassettes on 11:19 - Oct 5 with 3253 viewsTheBlob

Them old cassettes on 11:15 - Oct 5 by Metallica_Hoop

That was great Blob, makes me want a beer!

Beer.Remember it well

Gotta get me head down and do some concreting....something to keep you going

Them old cassettes on 11:22 - Oct 5 with 3248 viewsheadhoops

I miss tearing down the motorway and spotting miles of old brown cassette tape blowing around on the central reservation.....

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Them old cassettes on 11:41 - Oct 5 with 3241 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Something to rust that Iron Blobby

Them old cassettes on 11:47 - Oct 5 with 3235 viewsade_qpr

Them old cassettes on 10:56 - Oct 5 by smegma

My mate still swears by TDK C90 cassettes. About 5 years ago he got a second hand motor and part exchanged his older model. He asked the car dealer to take his tape player out of his old car and put it in the newer one (replacing a perfectly working CD player !!)

Still got the cassettes playing in my young 26 year old car with the original tape deck.

Car is still in A1 condition only done 70,000 miles.

Currently Al Stewart - Nostradamus

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024