Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? 18:39 - Nov 13 with 5373 viewsTauntonR

I have supported QPR since 1974 - a few highs and a few more lows and for the first time in all those years i am actually contemplating that in the best interests of our beloved club that it would be best for us not to win . is that sacrilege ? is it wrong to have such thoughts ., Say we scraped a 2-1 win MH stays - we lose against mu -ok we always lose there anyway - MH stays - we get a draw with sunderland , villa and wigan - with improved perfomances - ok results for a team bottom of the league - but we would be mid december with 10 points on the board and MH at the helm - that is a realsitic scenario if we win on saturday . am i wrong not to want us to win on saturday ?
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 18:44 - Nov 13 with 3045 viewsHayesender

I would never want us to lose a game, but I can see where your coming from.

Also while your on here, I'm in Somerset the weekend after next. Do you know of any pubs quite near minehead that will be showing the utd game?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 18:48 - Nov 13 with 3029 viewsloftboy

As stated on a previous thread we need those 3 points, might just might be the difference in the end.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 18:56 - Nov 13 with 3011 viewsTauntonR

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 18:44 - Nov 13 by Hayesender

I would never want us to lose a game, but I can see where your coming from.

Also while your on here, I'm in Somerset the weekend after next. Do you know of any pubs quite near minehead that will be showing the utd game?

i am actually in guernsey until jan but think thehairy dog in minhead is a good bet .any guernsey r's around at the moment?
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:08 - Nov 13 with 2991 viewsHayesender

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 18:56 - Nov 13 by TauntonR

i am actually in guernsey until jan but think thehairy dog in minhead is a good bet .any guernsey r's around at the moment?

Cheers fella, I'll look it up

Poll: Shamima Beghum

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:15 - Nov 13 with 2969 viewsCHUBBS

If we lose this one i am going to set fire to the life size doll i've created of MH to cheer myself back up!
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:17 - Nov 13 with 2967 viewsqueensparker

Going to be a funny old atmosphere on Saturday, been a few people saying this now.

Personally I want us to win every match 6-0, and I'll be the same for Southampton. We're due a bit of luck, surely
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:31 - Nov 13 with 2935 viewsMonahoop

If the reason for not wanting QPR to win on Saturday is because this may bring about the end of Mark Hughes' tenure as manager, then I think that's wishful thinking. In all probability he may still be in charge no matter how it hurts many of us, myself included. TF and his team will be in no hurry to get rid of him, but they may be considering a replacement, if they have not already done so. A win may give Hughes a slender life line, a small bit of time to fight his corner, but not a guarantee of a long term future.

Not wanting us to win is sacrilage? Well probably yes. No matter who is in charge, no matter how awful they are, no matter where the club stand in the division, I want them to win. I have quite a few negative thoughts about the club at the moment because I can't find any positives, but wanting the R's to lose on Saturday to Southampton is certainly not on my agenda.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:32 - Nov 13 with 2932 viewsjamois

I'm thoroughly unimpressed by Hughes. I'm shocked by how unimpressed i am. I believe in stability but I won't be sad if he is sacked. With that said, I'll be 100% behind the team on saturday. It will be a full house and I would expect every single Rs fan to be vocal and behind the team too. Anything less is sacrilege. New manager or not, this group of players need to know we are behind them or who knows how deep the rabbit hole could go.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Login to get fewer ads

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:32 - Nov 13 with 2932 viewsMonkey_Roots

We are standing on the cusp of relegation - another 3 points lost before we start to pick up points will mean more uncertainty, more loss of confidence from the players, more mistakes - and we are almost certainly sunk.

I understand your thinking, but surely as much as we are disillusioned with the team under MH - don't we ultimately want it to work with him rather than weeks of uncertainty and bedding in a new manager?

If we start to get some momentum under MH and gain some confidence from a win at S'oton - won't that vindicate TF, give us the stability we need, give the players a boost, relieve some pressure - bring some faith back to the faithful in the stands?

This is is for me. Three points at the weekend and its a stay of execution - a last-gasp chance for MH and his management team to prove it was waiting in the wings all along. I love QPR, I love having TF at the helm - I want him to be right and to show us that our faith and trust in him to guide our club onwards is justified. Lose or draw and all bets are off - MH goes down the road.

Come on!
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:34 - Nov 13 with 2927 viewsTheBlob

Taunton.You realise you've let yourself in for some personal abuse when the pubs turn out.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:41 - Nov 13 with 2904 viewsQPR1882

Would rather stick toothpicks in my eyes then want QPR to lose a game.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:43 - Nov 13 with 2902 viewsCHUBBS

Look we are as good as down if we lose this game so even if it meant getting rid we cannot afford defeat against them.Mh will be sacked soon enough and my guess is after we lose our 2nd away game on the bounce at Sunderland.Still with a decent appointment we could start a decent run and get back into contention but i feel that it will all be over for us with defeat come Saturday.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:45 - Nov 13 with 2897 viewsericgen34

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:43 - Nov 13 by CHUBBS

Look we are as good as down if we lose this game so even if it meant getting rid we cannot afford defeat against them.Mh will be sacked soon enough and my guess is after we lose our 2nd away game on the bounce at Sunderland.Still with a decent appointment we could start a decent run and get back into contention but i feel that it will all be over for us with defeat come Saturday.

No. I want us to win at least 5-0 with a great performance
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 20:06 - Nov 13 with 2849 viewseghamranger

You have got to Qpr to win every match. The thing is TF is obviously a truly great business man and has made some great decisions. I,like most of us think he is great for the club and has invested well and brought in some outstanding players that are world class and years ago nobody would have thought that the would play at LR. However,he knows that it's a results game and we are bottom of the league and that if we don't win on sat its time for a change. Hughes is not thick, he knows the score and they both know that Saturday is one of the biggest matches of their careers and TF may have made a bad decision in appointing him.If we win Superb,if we don't its a poor decision,but it's still recoverable!

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssss!
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 20:09 - Nov 13 with 2840 viewsTauntonR

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:45 - Nov 13 by ericgen34

No. I want us to win at least 5-0 with a great performance

ok i'll take 5-0 great atmosphere an unexpecetd point at OT - i guess it was just nearly 40 years of following the r's getting the better of me for a moment - KEEP THE FAITH - as they say.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 21:09 - Nov 13 with 2759 viewsMr_Seabass

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 20:09 - Nov 13 by TauntonR

ok i'll take 5-0 great atmosphere an unexpecetd point at OT - i guess it was just nearly 40 years of following the r's getting the better of me for a moment - KEEP THE FAITH - as they say.

I'll take a 1-1 if it means MH goes?!

However, even if we loose, I still don't think TF will do anything and before you know it, Christmas is here and we're up a creek without a paddle!

Still, have to be careful what you wish for - if MH goes, we'll end up bringing in someone like Brian Kidd or Phil Brown!!
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 21:12 - Nov 13 with 2753 viewsessextaxiboy

No sorry , He should go if we lose ( I would have sacked him after Reading personally)
but want us to lose ? Never .

I will be right behind him on Saturday . I dont like him as a bloke but if he wins he live to fight on ..
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 21:15 - Nov 13 with 2748 viewsTGRRRSSS

This is a classic 6 pointer, I think we need to win this regardless, if only to keep us in the hunt as we're starting to lose daylight on other teams out of bottom 3 now. Anything other than a convincing win should tell TF he needs to change things.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 21:46 - Nov 13 with 2711 viewsTW_R

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 19:31 - Nov 13 by Monahoop

If the reason for not wanting QPR to win on Saturday is because this may bring about the end of Mark Hughes' tenure as manager, then I think that's wishful thinking. In all probability he may still be in charge no matter how it hurts many of us, myself included. TF and his team will be in no hurry to get rid of him, but they may be considering a replacement, if they have not already done so. A win may give Hughes a slender life line, a small bit of time to fight his corner, but not a guarantee of a long term future.

Not wanting us to win is sacrilage? Well probably yes. No matter who is in charge, no matter how awful they are, no matter where the club stand in the division, I want them to win. I have quite a few negative thoughts about the club at the moment because I can't find any positives, but wanting the R's to lose on Saturday to Southampton is certainly not on my agenda.

This.

For some reason people are making the correlation that if we lose on Saturday then Hughes will be gone. There's no guarantee that a loss will mean this. TF may want to leave it until Christmas. Or even January. If that's the case, we need every win we can.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 21:56 - Nov 13 with 2706 viewsBedford_R

I always want us to win no matter what. There can never be a good side to us losing..

RMH_R Reborn

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 21:59 - Nov 13 with 2700 viewsTGRRRSSS

That trip to OT worries me though I can see an almighty thrasing up there, if I was SAF I'd play Rooney, Hernandez and RVP in a v attaking line up, it could be a humiliation.
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 22:10 - Nov 13 with 2671 viewsDaiHo0p

I feel a GANTRY or some other kind of expression might be in order on Saturday
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 22:12 - Nov 13 with 2669 viewseghamranger

does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 21:59 - Nov 13 by TGRRRSSS

That trip to OT worries me though I can see an almighty thrasing up there, if I was SAF I'd play Rooney, Hernandez and RVP in a v attaking line up, it could be a humiliation.

maybe Dennis Bailey could come out of retirement!
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 23:08 - Nov 13 with 2605 viewsNorthernr

A moral dilemma indeed. Depends whether you answer yes or no more often with the following questions:

Do you want Mark Hughes to be sacked?
Do you think he will be sacked if we lose to Southampton?
Do you think Mark Hughes is actually the problem here?
Do you think we stand a better chance of survival by changing the manager?
Can we afford to drop three points on offer on Saturday?
Do you think there are potential replacements out there who will do a better job than Hughes?
Do you think there are potential replacement out there who will not harm the club in the long term if appointed?
Can the team's morale and confidence recover from a home defeat by Southampton all things considered?

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
does anyone else not want us to win on saturday? on 23:14 - Nov 13 with 2592 viewsCiderwithRsie

When in doubt, support the team.

However much it sticks in your throat
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024