Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Granero the new Joey Barton 14:01 - Dec 11 with 9349 viewsspiritofshittu

If you have the misfortune of following 'el pirata' on twitter, he really bills himself as the artisan and creative tortured soul. He has picked up the mantle that Joey left behind of doing all of his talking on Twitter and absolutely nicht on the football field.

He is going to cost the club a huge amount of money and my abiding memory so far is of a couple of nice Instagrams.

Just not good enough son. At least with joey he left the memory of assaulting aguerro!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Granero the new Joey Barton on 14:06 - Dec 11 with 5343 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

Can someone fill me in on this one, I havent seen anything to confirm whats happening with him. I thought Harry was just playing about at who was best which is why he was on the bench?>

thanks
Granero the new Joey Barton on 14:21 - Dec 11 with 5259 viewsklr

I think the main differences between Joey Barton & Granero are, that are Granero is clearly an intelligent, cultured young man & an excellent football player.

Apart from that there's not much difference between them.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 14:26 - Dec 11 with 5238 viewsTacticalR

I am reluctant to write Granero off as he started off so well, but has suddenly faded in the last few games. The same thing seems to have happened with Santi Cazorla at Arsenal.

Air hostess clique

Granero the new Joey Barton on 14:31 - Dec 11 with 5212 viewswillis1980

Granero the new Joey Barton on 14:26 - Dec 11 by TacticalR

I am reluctant to write Granero off as he started off so well, but has suddenly faded in the last few games. The same thing seems to have happened with Santi Cazorla at Arsenal.

even though the pirate goes down a little easily at times, atleast he requires a nudge to so. cazorla on the other hand....
Granero the new Joey Barton on 14:41 - Dec 11 with 5165 viewsNorthernr

We concluded on the train on Saturday that Granero is a good player who lost heart too quickly this season. And is being played out of position quite often - but then that never bothers Mackie.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 14:51 - Dec 11 with 5129 viewsAntti_Heinola

As for the OP - the almost daily condescending comment to any footballer who shows any remote sign of intelligence is getting really boring. It's funny - intelligence in Spain is enjoyed by fans. Here if someone shows an interest in culture they are laughed at and patronised, as if you can't have a brain and play football. Steve Palmer, for example, was probably more intelligent than any person who has ever posted on a flippin football forum.

Bare bones.

Granero the new Joey Barton on 14:59 - Dec 11 with 5099 viewsklr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 14:51 - Dec 11 by Antti_Heinola

As for the OP - the almost daily condescending comment to any footballer who shows any remote sign of intelligence is getting really boring. It's funny - intelligence in Spain is enjoyed by fans. Here if someone shows an interest in culture they are laughed at and patronised, as if you can't have a brain and play football. Steve Palmer, for example, was probably more intelligent than any person who has ever posted on a flippin football forum.

Best post I've read in a while on these boards.

I'd say yes, it does appear obvious that Granero has lost heart / faith in "the project" in the last 6 weeks or so.

Do I blame him or think less of him ? No, not really, what is he supposed to feel like / think ?

He must feel like he's been led up the garden path.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:05 - Dec 11 with 5075 viewsToast_R

Funny really considering all the guff about the team needing time to gel, where in El Piriteto's case, he played his best football when first arrived.

In QPR's case they bought some good tiles and gelled them with Pritt stick.
Login to get fewer ads

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:07 - Dec 11 with 5064 viewsmichael67

Granero the new Joey Barton on 14:51 - Dec 11 by Antti_Heinola

Clarke Carlisle is one of the most intelligent footballers ever to wear the hoops and I don't recall anyone ridiculing him.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:13 - Dec 11 with 5042 viewsklr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:07 - Dec 11 by michael67

Clarke Carlisle is one of the most intelligent footballers ever to wear the hoops and I don't recall anyone ridiculing him.

I think "intelligence" & using words with lots of syllable's in them are two different things.

I'd heard all this stuff about Clarke Carlisle being intelligent & "Britains Brainiest Footballer" & all the rest of it, then I saw him on Question Time, Dear oh Dear.

Intelligent by footballer standards ? Yes, Intelligent in the wider scheme of things ? Not in my book.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:34 - Dec 11 with 4995 viewshoof_hearted

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:07 - Dec 11 by michael67

Uh? Never heard anyone ridiculing the reformed alcy who moved to Watford to be nearer his children in the Shetlands? You must have missed a good few threads!
Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:44 - Dec 11 with 4963 viewsWestbourneR

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:34 - Dec 11 by hoof_hearted

Uh? Never heard anyone ridiculing the reformed alcy who moved to Watford to be nearer his children in the Shetlands? You must have missed a good few threads!

I think he meant ridiculing Clarke for his intelligence - not just generally for moving.

That was the point of the whole post after all hoofhearted.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:52 - Dec 11 with 4942 viewsBklynRanger

It seems that Granero is one of the players getting the finger pointed at him in our current situation.

He does seem to have lost his form somewhat, also he's probably not enjoying our situation at this moment, but who is? We don't know enough about the lad to understand if he's given up or not, but when he actually gets on the pitch it doesn't look like it, to me at least.

He's not starting, which could be based on at least three things: Not performing in training, doesn't fit into the tactics that HR wants to play at this time, or HR wants to see how his squad looks without one of our more sellable midfield assets.

People are even starting to grab onto this 9 million quid thing when it seemed clear in the weeks afterwards that he certainly didn't cost that much.

I don't know, getting on Granero's back just doesn't seem worth it or even sensible to me.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:07 - Dec 11 with 4907 viewsBazWoT

Granero is studying for a degree, he's an excellent footballer, intelligent and articulate.

Comparing him with Barton is beyond comprehension.

Perhaps Granero should speak Spanish to us with a west London accent, then he'd fit right in!

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:23 - Dec 11 with 4874 viewsWestbourneR

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:07 - Dec 11 by BazWoT

Granero is studying for a degree, he's an excellent footballer, intelligent and articulate.

Perhaps Granero should speak Spanish to us with a west London accent, then he'd fit right in!

Does nobody else feel that footballing-wise the main issue with Granero is the tempo he plays the game at?

I think he is extremely talented but he takes too long on the ball and too many touches. He needs to be told to just speed everything he does up 50%.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:27 - Dec 11 with 4854 viewsTacticalR

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:23 - Dec 11 by WestbourneR

Does nobody else feel that footballing-wise the main issue with Granero is the tempo he plays the game at?

I think he is extremely talented but he takes too long on the ball and too many touches. He needs to be told to just speed everything he does up 50%.

At one point in the first half in Wigan match, the commentator said of QPR, 'they're trying to play at walking pace'.

Air hostess clique

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:34 - Dec 11 with 4833 viewsBklynRanger

At times this season it looks like he's been waiting for movement that didn't occur
Granero the new Joey Barton on 17:33 - Dec 11 with 4737 viewsTGRRRSSS

Granero the new Joey Barton on 14:21 - Dec 11 by klr

I think the main differences between Joey Barton & Granero are, that are Granero is clearly an intelligent, cultured young man & an excellent football player.

Apart from that there's not much difference between them.

How do you know that to make such a statement???
What has Granero done in a QPR shirt that Joey didn't. At least Joey actuyally played in a QPR team that actually won a game.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 17:36 - Dec 11 with 4732 viewsklr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 17:33 - Dec 11 by TGRRRSSS

How do you know that to make such a statement???
What has Granero done in a QPR shirt that Joey didn't. At least Joey actuyally played in a QPR team that actually won a game.

I'll have no part of this argument, but "Joey" as you call him is a C*nt.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 17:43 - Dec 11 with 4710 viewsWesty75

Granero the new Joey Barton on 15:05 - Dec 11 by Toast_R

Funny really considering all the guff about the team needing time to gel, where in El Piriteto's case, he played his best football when first arrived.

In QPR's case they bought some good tiles and gelled them with Pritt stick.

We do have a pretty impressive track record of dragging decent players down to our level. It takes 3-4 games on average.

Granero the new Joey Barton on 17:45 - Dec 11 with 4706 viewsClive_Anderson

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:34 - Dec 11 by BklynRanger

At times this season it looks like he's been waiting for movement that didn't occur

Exactly he's waiting for someone to offer themselves for a pass or make a run. He's probably not used to most of his team-mates hiding behind markers to avoid the ball.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 17:54 - Dec 11 with 4688 viewsklr

Granero the new Joey Barton on 17:43 - Dec 11 by Westy75

We do have a pretty impressive track record of dragging decent players down to our level. It takes 3-4 games on average.

Yes, its like some kind of Psychological torture / warfare going on, someone like Granero or Faurlin will see the likes of Anton Ferdinand or SWP alongside them or even ahead of them on the pitch and have no real option but to fall out of love with football & try and bring their game down to the level of some of their teammates, some of whom are not unintelligent, they are actually brainless!

What an absolute disaster this season has been, & no amount of smiling & positivity is going to change that either Mr Fernandes.
Granero the new Joey Barton on 18:15 - Dec 11 with 4650 viewsR_from_afar

Unless I have overlooked something, though, Granero is yet to try to assault an opposition player and has so far utterly failed in his attempt to get sent off. Unlike Joey "A big boy made me do it" Barton.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Granero the new Joey Barton on 18:19 - Dec 11 with 4642 viewsted_hendrix

Granero the new Joey Barton on 16:07 - Dec 11 by BazWoT

Baz, that's a good post.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Granero the new Joey Barton on 19:20 - Dec 11 with 4561 viewsTGRRRSSS

Granero the new Joey Barton on 17:36 - Dec 11 by klr

I'll have no part of this argument, but "Joey" as you call him is a C*nt.

Cnt if you like but asking you what is it Granero has contributed to QPR over and above Joey Barton???...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024