Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Walker 14:32 - Mar 12 with 5328 viewsWegerle10

Been asked by a journalist the best thing that Kyle Walker did whilst at QPR - other than his 'goal' against Coventry.

I said that it wasn't really one thing, more an impressive all round spell here that gave the team another outlet.

Any moments stick out for anyone in particular during Kyle's loan stint?

We're the famous Queens Park Rangers, and we've got Roy Wegerle!

Kyle Walker on 14:35 - Mar 12 with 4435 viewssmegma

As soon as he kicked a ball, you just knew he was too good for the Championship and was destined for greater things.
Kyle Walker on 14:35 - Mar 12 with 4424 viewsLewes_r

No real moment but agree with what he said. His vicious pace (at that level) and getting down the sides and supplying quality balls into the box. a total terror at championship level and not bad at prem level either!

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Kyle Walker on 14:36 - Mar 12 with 4412 viewsHAYESBOY

I remember a home game where he tracked back the whole length of the pitch to get a tackle in to stop a definate goal. Cant remember who the team or striker was though.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Kyle Walker on 14:37 - Mar 12 with 4407 viewsCharlie1

Kyle Walker on 14:35 - Mar 12 by smegma

As soon as he kicked a ball, you just knew he was too good for the Championship and was destined for greater things.

that's it in a nutshell

2:59 baby!

Kyle Walker on 14:38 - Mar 12 with 4388 viewsLewes_r

Kyle Walker on 14:36 - Mar 12 by HAYESBOY

I remember a home game where he tracked back the whole length of the pitch to get a tackle in to stop a definate goal. Cant remember who the team or striker was though.

maybe Swansea game?.. dunno have a vague recollection of him playing well against them at LR

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Kyle Walker on 14:40 - Mar 12 with 4373 viewsballbag

Him being faster and better than anybody else in the league stuck out for me.

Poor Bradley Orr looked like a pub player compared to him.
Kyle Walker on 14:41 - Mar 12 with 4367 viewsisawqpratwcity

Disappointed to find out he was worth 10 mill. Really thought we should have bought him.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Kyle Walker on 14:45 - Mar 12 with 4339 viewsthemodfather

Kyle Walker on 14:41 - Mar 12 by isawqpratwcity

Disappointed to find out he was worth 10 mill. Really thought we should have bought him.

well, we had the first proper full back in years..in 10 or so games he stood head and shoulders above all other defenders in the lge that season
we spunk £4m here, there and everywhere these days..shame we couldn't rustle up £1.5 or £2m then! and we had rich owners then too.
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Walker on 14:45 - Mar 12 with 4340 viewsBrianMcCarthy

More his skill and athleticism levels for me, too, but this game was quality.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kyle Walker on 14:51 - Mar 12 with 4319 viewsTacticalR

His runs from the back towards the goal always gave you something unexpected.

When QPR played Swansea in 2010, one of these runs caused Alan Tate to foul Walker on the edge of the box, there was a melee, and Tate and Clint Hill got sent off. QPR handled the situation much better, the Adel Taarabt show started, and QPR won 4-0.

He also has a powerful shot that can be unleashed after one of those unexpected runs from the back.

Air hostess clique

Kyle Walker on 14:53 - Mar 12 with 4308 viewsNorthernr

Bristol City away on Sky he was MOTM and out biggest attacking threat from right back. Amazed he didn't score that night.
Kyle Walker on 15:09 - Mar 12 with 4220 viewstoboboly

Destroyed Leicester at theirs when we won 2-0. Guy was on fast forward compared to everyone else.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Kyle Walker on 15:10 - Mar 12 with 4216 viewsPhilmyRs

Crystal Palace away for me. You knew watching him that we'd never have a chance of making it permanent. A Rolls Royce of a player the bloke next to me kept saying. He was right.
Kyle Walker on 15:18 - Mar 12 with 4190 viewsrunningman75

Kyle Walker on 14:45 - Mar 12 by themodfather

well, we had the first proper full back in years..in 10 or so games he stood head and shoulders above all other defenders in the lge that season
we spunk £4m here, there and everywhere these days..shame we couldn't rustle up £1.5 or £2m then! and we had rich owners then too.

I do not think Spurs would have sold him. He had too much potential and we would have been deprived the joy of welcoming Bosingwa to Loftus Road.
Kyle Walker on 15:23 - Mar 12 with 4174 viewsbeeeater

Kyle Walker on 14:36 - Mar 12 by HAYESBOY

Pretty sure it was Millwall, against the guy they eventually sold to Norwich. Only ticket I could get that night was right up in the corner of Ellerslie at their end . They all thought it was going to be a goal as I did . Lovely to see their look of astonishment .
Kyle Walker on 15:23 - Mar 12 with 4169 viewsShotKneesHoop

Just say Kyle Walker was "as good as Dave Clement, just a bit better than David Bardsley."

In other words - just about everything Kyle Walker did was better than anything done by anyone else at right back we have had on our books.

We weren't the same side once 'Arry pulled him back off us.

I still reckon we go the best out of him, Warnock gave him the freedom to roam that he doesn't get anymore at Spuds.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Kyle Walker on 15:26 - Mar 12 with 4159 viewsTacticalR

It was a bit strange to see him mess up his back-pass and let Liverpool back into the game on Sunday.

Air hostess clique

Kyle Walker on 15:52 - Mar 12 with 4084 viewsessextaxiboy

Kyle Walker on 15:26 - Mar 12 by TacticalR

It was a bit strange to see him mess up his back-pass and let Liverpool back into the game on Sunday.

On his debut at Ipswich his first touch was a cool chest back to the keeper .

Few minutes later he belted down the wing taking the defenders away allowing Mackie to run through and score
Kyle Walker on 15:58 - Mar 12 with 4062 viewsDesertBoot

Overall he was brilliant for us. You could see he'd make it to the top.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Kyle Walker on 16:17 - Mar 12 with 4008 viewsNorthernr

Kyle Walker on 15:58 - Mar 12 by DesertBoot

Overall he was brilliant for us. You could see he'd make it to the top.

Except for those who covered this message board in the claim that Spurs would sell him to us for a million quid
Kyle Walker on 16:18 - Mar 12 with 4004 viewsHAYESBOY

Kyle Walker on 15:23 - Mar 12 by beeeater

Pretty sure it was Millwall, against the guy they eventually sold to Norwich. Only ticket I could get that night was right up in the corner of Ellerslie at their end . They all thought it was going to be a goal as I did . Lovely to see their look of astonishment .

Yes it was Milwall and we lost 2-0 i think. Also now think the player was Morrison.

Kyle Walker on 16:21 - Mar 12 with 3996 viewsNorthernr

Kyle Walker on 16:18 - Mar 12 by HAYESBOY

Yes it was Milwall and we lost 2-0 i think. Also now think the player was Morrison.

Pretty sure he'd gone back to Spurs and on to Villa by the time we lost 2-0 at Millwall. Could well have been the home game that finished 0-0.
Kyle Walker on 16:44 - Mar 12 with 3927 viewssmegma

Kyle Walker on 16:21 - Mar 12 by Northernr

Pretty sure he'd gone back to Spurs and on to Villa by the time we lost 2-0 at Millwall. Could well have been the home game that finished 0-0.

He joined Villa in the January window having played 14 games for us. Millwall was near the end of the season I think so you'd be right.
Kyle Walker on 19:21 - Mar 12 with 3656 viewsJonDoeman

Loved watching him, & always said we were watching England's next RB (surprised he hasn't nailed that down yet). I never thought Spurs would sell him to us, in fact I couldn't believe he was in our team & Hutton was in theirs!

It Is What It Is !!

Kyle Walker on 19:25 - Mar 12 with 3639 viewsHAYESBOY

Kyle Walker on 16:21 - Mar 12 by Northernr

Yep, the 2-0 was away as well.

Its bugging me now, but i remember him running 70 yards to stop the striker getting a shot away.

Got it in my head now it was Morrison.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024