Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Context 15:10 - Mar 20 with 1694 viewsDieByYourSide

Thinking back to about 2005/6 when we had Nardiello, Czerkas, Egutu Oliseh and the like wearing the Hoops I remember being very jealous of Clubs who had come down from the Premier League with parachute payments and were able to splash out on £1m players like...ironically, Rob Hulse who would then comprehensively dismantle our ramshackle team.

We didn't have a pot to piss in and the Club was in a complete state. Whatever you make of Tony, the current board and the problems we face today, and in light of the statement he gave I can't help but feel a lot more positive about the general direction of the Club these days. We do seem intent on doing things the right way from now on and if these plans for a training ground, youth academy and stadium do in fact come to pass we could be looking at a completely revamped football club.

I'm not particularly sure what the point of this post is, but somehow felt compelled to write it. We're not even down yet! COYRs

Poll: And it's hi ho

Context on 15:14 - Mar 20 with 1675 viewstoboboly

Just to be picky but Nardiello wasn't around until 07/08.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Context on 15:18 - Mar 20 with 1665 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Nardiello scored on Saturday *Memories of CM01/02*

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Context on 15:24 - Mar 20 with 1649 viewsJuzzie

Stay up or go down, I too am positive as long as the owners/board keep to their promises of staying at the club and managing the £92m debt they have mainly created.

So many fans taking pleasure out of us possibly "doing a pompey", they need to show this will not happen.
Context on 15:24 - Mar 20 with 1648 viewsexiled_dictator

Aaah yes, 2005/6 was a great year for QPR in the transfer market.
Having secured the services of Georges Santos, Serge Branco, Adam Miller, Matthew Hislop, Dean Sturridge, Simon Royce, Stefan Moore, and Ian Evatt for the princely sum of £150,000 the previous season, we were able to add the likes of Marc Nygaard, Richard Langley (again), Steve Lomas, Sammy Youssouf, and Damion Stewart without affecting the non existent bank account by 1 cent. The following year, we managed to add yet more players again without spending a penny, but sold Big Dan for £1.6 million.
We really have much to be grateful for Mr Paladini, as he managed to run the club on half a torn shoestring till Tango & Cash turned up.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Context on 15:27 - Mar 20 with 1639 viewsdaveB

i assume you are joking when you say we didn't spend a penny, there was a reason we were basically out of business before Flavio arrived
Context on 15:32 - Mar 20 with 1627 viewsexiled_dictator

Context on 15:27 - Mar 20 by daveB

i assume you are joking when you say we didn't spend a penny, there was a reason we were basically out of business before Flavio arrived

Not joking, merely stating a fact.
I think we all know the reasons why we didn't spend a penny, but that doesn't detract from the fact that we didn't spend a penny.

Context on 15:48 - Mar 20 with 1595 viewsdaveB

we spent a lot back then, not on the same planet as we are now but we signed plenty of players for 200k plus when we didn't have a pot to piss in. We signed Camp for almost half a million weeks before we almost went out of business. To say we spent nothing is utter nonsence and the accounts from back then will prove that
Context on 16:25 - Mar 20 with 1545 viewsexiled_dictator

Context on 15:48 - Mar 20 by daveB

we spent a lot back then, not on the same planet as we are now but we signed plenty of players for 200k plus when we didn't have a pot to piss in. We signed Camp for almost half a million weeks before we almost went out of business. To say we spent nothing is utter nonsence and the accounts from back then will prove that

We signed Lee Camp the following year in 2007/8 for £300k.
In fact, in that season we spent some £6 million, including £1 million on Vine & Connolly each, plus Leigertwood for £900k.
Tango & Cash had landed.

Login to get fewer ads

Context on 17:20 - Mar 20 with 1498 viewsdanehoop

Context on 16:25 - Mar 20 by exiled_dictator

In fact, in that season we spent some £6 million, including £1 million on Vine & Connolly each, plus Leigertwood for £900k.
Tango & Cash had landed.

If it helps I despised Paladini then as well.

Never knowingly understood

Context on 17:27 - Mar 20 with 1484 viewsHunterhoop

Context on 15:24 - Mar 20 by exiled_dictator

Having secured the services of Georges Santos, Serge Branco, Adam Miller, Matthew Hislop, Dean Sturridge, Simon Royce, Stefan Moore, and Ian Evatt for the princely sum of £150,000 the previous season, we were able to add the likes of Marc Nygaard, Richard Langley (again), Steve Lomas, Sammy Youssouf, and Damion Stewart without affecting the non existent bank account by 1 cent. The following year, we managed to add yet more players again without spending a penny, but sold Big Dan for £1.6 million.
We really have much to be grateful for Mr Paladini, as he managed to run the club on half a torn shoestring till Tango & Cash turned up.

Wow. That last sentence. Wow. Deluded revionism.

I like the fact you fail to list some of Italian Waiter's more "suspicious" deals. Armal Tchkunte, Ugo Ukah, Egutu Oliseh, Czerkas (our 18 goal a season man, I believe). Didn't we spend big of Ward too?

And you also speak blatant nonsense about the cost of the acquisitions you do mention.

Still, as you were. Presumably the "HIT" has fallen off that numberplate in your avatar?
Context on 17:29 - Mar 20 with 1478 viewsdaveB

Context on 16:25 - Mar 20 by exiled_dictator

Tango & Cash had landed.

Camp was signed before the takeover at a time when we were begging Lee Cook to hand over his signing on fee
Context on 19:39 - Mar 20 with 1410 viewsexiled_dictator

Context on 17:27 - Mar 20 by Hunterhoop

Wow. That last sentence. Wow. Deluded revionism.

I like the fact you fail to list some of Italian Waiter's more "suspicious" deals. Armal Tchkunte, Ugo Ukah, Egutu Oliseh, Czerkas (our 18 goal a season man, I believe). Didn't we spend big of Ward too?

And you also speak blatant nonsense about the cost of the acquisitions you do mention.

Still, as you were. Presumably the "HIT" has fallen off that numberplate in your avatar?

Hey Hunter,

You bit.
The thread related to a specific season only. I am aware of who else we bought both prior and in subsequent seasons. And I am also aware of the quality of some if not all of those players bought.
Regarding the cost of the players bought in the 2005/6 & 2006/7 seasons, prey tell, which players actually 'cost' us anything in a transfer fee? Nygaard was signed for free, but we paid £60k in agents fees, as we paid agents fees for other free players too.

Context on 20:47 - Mar 20 with 1370 viewsealinghoop

Context on 15:24 - Mar 20 by exiled_dictator

Having seen the name Marc Nygaard mentioned I instantly thought of the belter he scored away to Leicester when we won 3-1, tried to find a clip to no avail would love to see it again if anyone has it?

did find this however......
http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/44660-top-5-best-goals-at-the-walkers/

old thread but alot of their fans giving that goal special mention as well!
Context on 21:22 - Mar 20 with 1326 viewsWatford_Ranger

Context on 20:47 - Mar 20 by ealinghoop

Having seen the name Marc Nygaard mentioned I instantly thought of the belter he scored away to Leicester when we won 3-1, tried to find a clip to no avail would love to see it again if anyone has it?

did find this however......
http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/44660-top-5-best-goals-at-the-walkers/

old thread but alot of their fans giving that goal special mention as well!

On an iPad but that should work.
Context on 02:33 - Mar 21 with 1249 viewsmerovingian

The last transfer signing was very brave by TF, so forth portends he who really is. Anyone with second thought of him should recheck their Haiku original copy.

Cycledelic

Context on 04:29 - Mar 21 with 1238 viewsealinghoop

Context on 21:22 - Mar 20 by Watford_Ranger

On an iPad but that should work.

Thanks very much, I vividly remember that goal, there was a song being sang (cant remember exact song), but the ball dropped and nygaard hit it there was then a literal silence for about 5 seconds i think everyone was thinking did nygaard really just do that! and then the crowd erupted!!!

that is one of my favourite ever away days! oh the joy if we could maybe have one like it from the remaining fixtures this year!
Context on 09:46 - Mar 21 with 1180 viewsdaveB

Context on 19:39 - Mar 20 by exiled_dictator

Hey Hunter,

You bit.
The thread related to a specific season only. I am aware of who else we bought both prior and in subsequent seasons. And I am also aware of the quality of some if not all of those players bought.
Regarding the cost of the players bought in the 2005/6 & 2006/7 seasons, prey tell, which players actually 'cost' us anything in a transfer fee? Nygaard was signed for free, but we paid £60k in agents fees, as we paid agents fees for other free players too.

You do realise you have to pay wages for players so free transfers just mean the transfer fee goes to the player, they all cost money.

off the top of my head though we paid fees for Tommy Doherty, Ian Evatt, lee Cook and Richard Langley in 2005/06. And in 06/07 we paid for Nick Ward, Bolder, Stewart and Timoska
Context on 10:26 - Mar 21 with 1154 viewsHunterhoop

Context on 09:46 - Mar 21 by daveB

You do realise you have to pay wages for players so free transfers just mean the transfer fee goes to the player, they all cost money.

off the top of my head though we paid fees for Tommy Doherty, Ian Evatt, lee Cook and Richard Langley in 2005/06. And in 06/07 we paid for Nick Ward, Bolder, Stewart and Timoska

This / /
Context on 10:32 - Mar 21 with 1139 viewsJamie

I pine for Sampsa Timoska.
Context on 11:23 - Mar 21 with 1117 viewstoboboly

Context on 10:32 - Mar 21 by Jamie

I pine for Sampsa Timoska.

Me too.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024