Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. 08:36 - Apr 24 with 6993 viewsmerovingian

True or false?

What club missing since promotion is the tenacity & willingness to go 100% in each match. Ability to adapt & self belief.

Cycledelic

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 08:42 - Apr 24 with 4434 viewsstuabd

One training session with PDC and most of our lot would have come down with shoulder/arm/ankle soreness and would have declared themselves unfit to play. A couple would have just got the hump and gone home.

Nope, I don't think he would have saved us.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 08:43 - Apr 24 with 4425 viewsElHoop

Nobody could save that particular set of players from a position of four points from 13 games. Even Clough would have struggled.
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 08:44 - Apr 24 with 4424 viewsVish

False.

Even if we went all out attacking, our defence is frail and some of the players are not interested in putting in a shift. Nothing Di Canio could have done about that.
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 08:48 - Apr 24 with 4418 viewsNeil_SI

I'm not sure.

I think he suited Sunderland, because it was largely a settled team that just lacked a bit of inspiration and motivation.

De Canio has proved he can revitalise clubs, but, our dressing room and club is fraught and fractured. Bringing him in at this point may have caused him to further ruffle too many feathers during the season, which may or may not have been counter productive.

I'd have a different view had he been in the hot seat during the off season and pre-season, as his galvanising effect would carry more weight if he would be able to offload those who don't buy into his way of doing things.

But we're a tough club that finds out many and demands the absolute best from its managers, so we really can only do one of two; either employ somebody with the right character, personality and experience (such as a Neil Warnock or a Harry Redknapp) to steady the ship and start moving it forward... or give enough time to a younger manager who has a long term vision from top to bottom, but that requires patience and time from everybody.

The problem is, we have shown over the years a lack of patience, both from the owners to the fans. A change in philosophy and mentality is needed, but whether the time afforded to do that is granted, is another matter entirely.

The lack of experience becomes a problem if there is no patience in a long term vision, so a younger manage has less of a chance to improve the foundations that would really allow us to prosper as a club.

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 08:49 - Apr 24 with 4412 viewsJonDoeman

Might have been more fun!

It Is What It Is !!

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 08:51 - Apr 24 with 4406 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Some things are not worth it. He's a fascist, and him walking through the door would be our lowest moment yet.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 08:55 - Apr 24 with 4388 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 08:51 - Apr 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Some things are not worth it. He's a fascist, and him walking through the door would be our lowest moment yet.

This.
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 08:56 - Apr 24 with 4379 viewsRanger78

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 08:55 - Apr 24 by PlumsteadQPR

This.

I'm with you
Login to get fewer ads

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 09:08 - Apr 24 with 4366 viewsMonahoop

Despite the mess he inherited, Redknapp was seen by many QPR and non QPR fans alike to lead the club to safety. Failed.

Why anyone thinks Di Canio would have done better is a strange speculation indeed. He may have saved Sunderland for now, but his real baptism of fire will be next season. A bad start and he's sure to walk away and sharpish.

To be honest, I doubt anyone would have saved the club from the drop. It's a total shambles throughout.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 10:24 - Apr 24 with 4310 viewsMelakaRanger

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 09:08 - Apr 24 by Monahoop

Despite the mess he inherited, Redknapp was seen by many QPR and non QPR fans alike to lead the club to safety. Failed.

Why anyone thinks Di Canio would have done better is a strange speculation indeed. He may have saved Sunderland for now, but his real baptism of fire will be next season. A bad start and he's sure to walk away and sharpish.

To be honest, I doubt anyone would have saved the club from the drop. It's a total shambles throughout.

I agree with your last comment

The team that Hughes built and left us with was in such a state both mentally and ability wise, that I don't think anyone could have saved us.

No one could have saved QPR after Hughes' reign. No one. The difference at Sunderland was that they have a lot of players that WANT to play for the team and WANT the team to succeed. Its not full of under performing 'has-beens' or mercenaries.

But at QPR.........................
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 10:29 - Apr 24 with 4300 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'd have Di Canio here like a shot.

I couldn't care less about his political views.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 10:30 - Apr 24 with 4295 viewsTheBlob

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 08:51 - Apr 24 by BrianMcCarthy

If he'd saved us you would have licked his swastika.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 10:41 - Apr 24 with 4274 viewsimustbemad

Pretty sure no manager could have saved us with the starts we made coupled with the rabble we have for a team. The margins are small - wins against Villa/FulhamWigan, all possible at some point during those matches, might have made the difference.
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 10:43 - Apr 24 with 4271 viewsCiderwithRsie

He'd never have done it for reasons given by Stuabd and NeilSI. And it would have been a massive embarrassment for reasons given by Brian McCarthy.

Surprised we missed the chance to embarrass ourselves in this way really. In fact this is maybe the most feelgood thread on here right now.
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 10:51 - Apr 24 with 4258 viewsBrianMcCarthy

LOL at Blob and Cider!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 10:53 - Apr 24 with 4247 viewsJamie

Wanted Di Canio or Solskjaer, knowing we were getting HR.

He wouldn't have kept us up, but he we'd be in far better condition to come back IMO.
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 11:15 - Apr 24 with 4213 viewsbaz_qpr

Definitely false, the only way we could have been saved was if the plug had been pulled on Hughes much earlier. It was clear as day we were in deep deep trouble by the time of West Ham at home, If HR had come in 4 or 5 games earlier I think we would have turned it around and been out of the bottom three by christmas and then would have had higher confidence and less pressure. The main problem all season until Remy was strikers and lack of them / goals). All to late by January though.
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 11:22 - Apr 24 with 4197 viewsTacticalR

I wouldn't have wanted him here. I haven't been impressed by his antics at other clubs.

However, I am trying to keep an open mind about whether there is more to him as a manager than his antics.

On a different note, according to Dwight Yorke's autobiography Sunderland's last brush with 'strong leadership' didn't end well:

'Paranoia rampaged through the club, players were at each other's throats and fighting one another; it was disintegrating before our very eyes....by now I was convinced that club management was not for Keano.'

Air hostess clique

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 11:25 - Apr 24 with 4186 viewsozexile

Only if he was signing Spider-Man to play in goal .
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 11:40 - Apr 24 with 4153 viewsTheBlob

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 10:24 - Apr 24 by MelakaRanger

I agree with your last comment

The team that Hughes built and left us with was in such a state both mentally and ability wise, that I don't think anyone could have saved us.

No one could have saved QPR after Hughes' reign. No one. The difference at Sunderland was that they have a lot of players that WANT to play for the team and WANT the team to succeed. Its not full of under performing 'has-beens' or mercenaries.

But at QPR.........................

Spot on.The Sunderland squad is littered with players that can respond to a touch of the cattle prod.You try that on some of our effete,temperamental ballet dancers and they go into their shell and sulk.
Blackmail,compromising photographs and /or kidnap of the family dog probably the only incentive.

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 12:10 - Apr 24 with 4120 viewsNov77

Would rather Luigi back than Paolo.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 12:14 - Apr 24 with 4113 viewsswitchingcode

Don't think it would have any worse,but a def no from me rather have had kept NW in hindsight.
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 12:15 - Apr 24 with 4111 viewsNW5Hoop

I'd rather be relegated with Paul Hart than saved with Di Canio.
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 12:29 - Apr 24 with 4091 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Di Canio and Barton together now that would be a team
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 12:31 - Apr 24 with 4085 viewsTheBlob

Di Canio would have saved QPR from relegation. on 12:15 - Apr 24 by NW5Hoop

I'd rather be relegated with Paul Hart than saved with Di Canio.

Yeah right.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024