Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... 06:00 - May 3 with 1119 viewstimcocking

...if Robert Green hadn't let the first enemy shot straight past him vs Swansea on the opening day. In my memory at least, we were moving the ball around well and had been the better side in the first twenty minutes, unfortunate not to be ahead.

(I'm talking about QPR of course, but the identical thought still applies to England in the South Africa world cup)

I felt that he instantly lost all form and confidence, thus so did the whole team from the coaching set up down, put us in panic mode and we had no realistic chance of a point after that until we signed Caesar, which was a calamity in itself adding to the whole problem and by then we were already on the path to destruction.

Sh!t.

Ps I'll add the fact that i was sat in the bloody stadium near Johannesburg watching live when he let that staggeringly weak American shot past him. Don't know if that makes it worse or not. I truly think he never recovered from that 100%, never can, never will. I was gutted when we signed Green instead of Ben Foster or somebody. Just couldn't be confident in him. I actually think he's a good goalie; i think we'd have done better sticking with him all year not signing Caesar, but i do think that world cup fiasco has mentally scarred him.

I hope he stays though; i think he'll have a great year next year wherever he is.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 06:34 - May 3 with 1097 viewsLblock

West Ham raved about him in their promo season last year, I agree that I wouldn't of signed him. However having done so you surely have to back him? If he comes back from what Hughes has done to him I will be very very impressed

If we sign Scott Carson I'm handing my ticket back.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 07:51 - May 3 with 1051 viewstimcocking

Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 06:34 - May 3 by Lblock

West Ham raved about him in their promo season last year, I agree that I wouldn't of signed him. However having done so you surely have to back him? If he comes back from what Hughes has done to him I will be very very impressed

Yes i would have backed him if i had signed him, which i wouldn't have done.
Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 08:00 - May 3 with 1036 viewsozexile

You only had to watch us the following week against Norwich to realise we were awful.
Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 08:01 - May 3 with 1034 viewsessextaxiboy

I know this is painful , but I have always thought that Michu only had that shot because Park and Mbia( Diakite ? ) just switched off and lost him .

Just as culpable as green IMO ..
Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 08:27 - May 3 with 1009 viewsJamie

Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 08:01 - May 3 by essextaxiboy

I know this is painful , but I have always thought that Michu only had that shot because Park and Mbia( Diakite ? ) just switched off and lost him .

Just as culpable as green IMO ..

Catalogue of errors.

Taarabt soft as shit upfield, Diakite & Onouha half hearted challenges and then Park ballwatching as Michu gets a shot away that Green blunders.

We started as we meant to continue.
Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 08:32 - May 3 with 999 viewsPommyhoop

Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 08:27 - May 3 by Jamie

Catalogue of errors.

Taarabt soft as shit upfield, Diakite & Onouha half hearted challenges and then Park ballwatching as Michu gets a shot away that Green blunders.

We started as we meant to continue.

How t f can you blame Taarabt for any of that.Oh yeah he had the audacity to deliver a peach of a ball to Fabio.Lairy c**nt that Taarabt

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 12:21 - May 3 with 950 viewsJuzzie

"...if Robert Green hadn't let the first enemy shot straight past him vs Swansea on the opening day"

We'd have lost 4-0.

Looking back, the writing was on the wall when we struggled against Trabzonspor and then Ausburg, who themselves could go down this season.
Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 12:51 - May 3 with 917 viewsbaz_qpr

we lined up 4-1-4-1 a formation we had never played in pre-season with Taraabt in central midfield and told to be Zidane.

It was the prime example of the complacency Hughes bred at the club
Login to get fewer ads

Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 14:06 - May 3 with 872 viewsClive_Anderson

Wigan lost 5-0 at home to Blackpool on the opening day a few years back and still stayed up. The problem was that we were rubbish.

I think Green could be pretty good in the Championship. The odd error isn't punished as much and he can pull off some decent saves when he gets going.
Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 14:10 - May 3 with 866 viewsJonDoeman

Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 06:34 - May 3 by Lblock

Yeah, he was fantastic that season apparently. Just can't see it happening for him with us. Hope I'm wrong. .............. Dodgepot.

It Is What It Is !!

Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 14:33 - May 3 with 844 viewsJamie

Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 08:32 - May 3 by Pommyhoop

How t f can you blame Taarabt for any of that.Oh yeah he had the audacity to deliver a peach of a ball to Fabio.Lairy c**nt that Taarabt

You should probably watch again and look who pulls out of the challenge that starts the Swansea move.
Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 16:01 - May 3 with 789 viewsVish

Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 12:51 - May 3 by baz_qpr

we lined up 4-1-4-1 a formation we had never played in pre-season with Taraabt in central midfield and told to be Zidane.

It was the prime example of the complacency Hughes bred at the club

This.

Our formation was just schoolboy. It was crying out for a change during HT, but alas never happened.

Could have been different if Mackie didn't fluff his simple chance.

We still would have ended up going down. Getting something from that game would have just covered the cracks temporarily
Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 18:20 - May 3 with 733 viewsMattnme

A lot of sport is played in the mind and I've often thought the club expected to win that opening game and pick up a point against norwich. 4 points from 2 games leading into 3 difficult fixtures wouldn't have been too bad. The result and the manner of it left the club on the back foot straight away and sadly most footballers these days (not just those wearing blue and white hoops) are not up for anything that resembles a battle.
Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 20:33 - May 3 with 664 viewsPommyhoop

Occasionally in quiet moments i wonder what might have been... on 14:33 - May 3 by Jamie

You should probably watch again and look who pulls out of the challenge that starts the Swansea move.

You watch again .Fabio fukcs things up as soon as he gets the ball.He delivers a poor second ball which puts the Qpr player under pressure the ball bounces clear and both Fabio and Adel go for it and BOTH pull out .Fashionable to blame Adel for evertything tho eh?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024