Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? 12:52 - Sep 18 with 7336 viewsNathanNI

Don't all laugh at once...

Where is the best place to lock a bike up around the ground, outside the OB station perhaps? Anyone any decent knowledge? Got a Kryptonite Evolution Mini 7 with cable so it's a decent enough lock.

TIA.

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 13:00 - Sep 18 with 7300 viewsJuzzie

99.99% of bike locks are shite. Outside the OB station is probably your best bet.
Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 13:17 - Sep 18 with 7254 viewsMetallica_Hoop

If you have a decent lock Outside White City is fine.

Used it once or twice as I can't park in TVC anymore.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 13:30 - Sep 18 with 7227 viewskensalriser

Loads of Sheffield racks outside BBC White City.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 13:31 - Sep 18 with 7218 views18StoneOfHoop

I regularly lock my bike with a Kryptonite D-Lock - for over 10 years - opposite where Dave Thomas knocks out AKUTR'S on SAR with about 5 other bikes at least for company locked into the steel railings fence delineating the White City Estate boundary. No problem.With so many OB milling around outside the stadium even during the match this is not a good spot or easy pickings for an opportunist or practised bike thief.
Recently locked it in Ellerslie Road opposite the turnstiles..not so many good tethering possibilities as SAR but still possible and I feel in general,parking outside LR is a safer gambit than at many other spots in our capital.

Much prefer the autonomy and convenience of cycling to the R's.I will even stow my steed in the boot of away bound QPR coaches for ease of quick getaway.Better than the hassle and stress of travelling by motor,buses or trains. Walking is a mug's game.
Have tried to encourage by tweet the grumpy Mr.Clive to take up cycling in London instead of the high blood pressure he's getting from all those delayed expensive train journies he's so intent on taking, so far without success. He tweeted he'd rather slowly drink himself to death rather than be crushed under an HGV. Ah well..
Anyone remember Fat Man On A Bicycle on Channel 4 in the 80's? Bloody good genial travelogue,so it was. Great road model - minus the beard of course.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2013 15:12]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 13:34 - Sep 18 with 7207 viewsLimehouseR

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 13:00 - Sep 18 by Juzzie

99.99% of bike locks are shite. Outside the OB station is probably your best bet.

Shepherd's Bush nick is no longer functioning as a police station so it's not going to be any safer there than anywhere else.

I always lock mine next to a few bikes that look better and more expensive than mine!

Thing is, a decent like lock your one will deter most chancers but no lock in the world will deter a professional.

I've locked mine on the railings right opposite the ground on South Africa Road a few times. On a normal day I wouldn't dream of it but generally should be pretty safe even during the game with old bill plodding about.
Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 13:39 - Sep 18 with 7199 viewsqueensparker

I've locked mine to the fence at the entrance to the Crown and Sceptre pub a few times. There's always people coming in and out of there so felt pretty safe (well, it hasn't been nicked yet)
Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 14:13 - Sep 18 with 7139 viewsBlackCrowe

Blimey, if it's a good bike, having read all these replies I'd be more paranoid than ever.

Get a bus.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 14:18 - Sep 18 with 7121 viewsLimehouseR

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 14:13 - Sep 18 by BlackCrowe

Blimey, if it's a good bike, having read all these replies I'd be more paranoid than ever.

Get a bus.

I've had 3 bikes nicked in about 10 years and I consider that a good return!
Login to get fewer ads

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 14:20 - Sep 18 with 7117 viewslondonscottish

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 13:31 - Sep 18 by 18StoneOfHoop

I regularly lock my bike with a Kryptonite D-Lock - for over 10 years - opposite where Dave Thomas knocks out AKUTR'S on SAR with about 5 other bikes at least for company locked into the steel railings fence delineating the White City Estate boundary. No problem.With so many OB milling around outside the stadium even during the match this is not a good spot or easy pickings for an opportunist or practised bike thief.
Recently locked it in Ellerslie Road opposite the turnstiles..not so many good tethering possibilities as SAR but still possible and I feel in general,parking outside LR is a safer gambit than at many other spots in our capital.

Much prefer the autonomy and convenience of cycling to the R's.I will even stow my steed in the boot of away bound QPR coaches for ease of quick getaway.Better than the hassle and stress of travelling by motor,buses or trains. Walking is a mug's game.
Have tried to encourage by tweet the grumpy Mr.Clive to take up cycling in London instead of the high blood pressure he's getting from all those delayed expensive train journies he's so intent on taking, so far without success. He tweeted he'd rather slowly drink himself to death rather than be crushed under an HGV. Ah well..
Anyone remember Fat Man On A Bicycle on Channel 4 in the 80's? Bloody good genial travelogue,so it was. Great road model - minus the beard of course.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2013 15:12]

That's exactly where I lock mine. Excellent way to get to the ground.

Much quicker than the bus/tube combo I'd otherwise have to use.

Allows time for a minimum of one additional pint.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 14:45 - Sep 18 with 7068 viewsQPunkR

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 14:20 - Sep 18 by londonscottish

That's exactly where I lock mine. Excellent way to get to the ground.

Much quicker than the bus/tube combo I'd otherwise have to use.

Allows time for a minimum of one additional pint.

Yeah one of those 5 or 6 bikes is frequently mine!
Always park it up there, but then I do have a complicated-looking lock system in place..

QPR - "shit but local"

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 15:31 - Sep 18 with 6991 viewsNathanNI

"Shepherd's Bush nick is no longer functioning as a police station so it's not going to be any safer there than anywhere else. "

Was it ever... ROFL etc.

Cheers for the feedback – SA Road sounds the best bet, seeing as I sit in there anyway.
Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 15:36 - Sep 18 with 6981 viewssmegma

I use the fencing outside the Springbok, right next to the burger van bloke who keeps an eye on it. Sometimes I've locked against the railings of the Loftus Rd house on the right as you exit lower loft.
Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 15:48 - Sep 18 with 6969 viewsHollowayRanger

this is great so now i know where all your bikes will be

just as well i cant ride

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 15:54 - Sep 18 with 6962 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That's a very good point.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2013 15:54]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 17:59 - Sep 18 with 6880 viewsR_from_afar

I just love the fact that there are people on here who use a bike as transport (as I do). Respect!

My top tip is to remove any transfers advertising fancy frame tubing. My current road bike was supplied sans transfers, at my request, to make it less appealing to thieves and other ne'er-do-wells. I have the transfers in an envelope, if anyone wants to buy them off me

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 18:03 - Sep 18 with 6877 viewscheeseydane

Try locking it to Zamoras leg. believe me it wont be going anywhere fast.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 18:13 - Sep 18 with 6864 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 18:03 - Sep 18 by cheeseydane

Try locking it to Zamoras leg. believe me it wont be going anywhere fast.

I was going to say give it to Bobby, might help him get around a bit quicker!

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Safe place to lock a bike at HQ? on 20:05 - Sep 18 with 6769 viewsgueRRilla

Everything you ever wanted to know about bike locking in one article!

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-bike-lock/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024