Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." 15:53 - Oct 3 with 3424 viewsgueRRilla

http://www.independent.ie/sport/mark-hughes-i-was-wrong-to-leave-fulham-29632153

Former Fulham manager Mark Hughes accepts he probably made a mistake leaving the club.

Hughes, who is now in charge at Stoke, resigned as Cottagers boss in the summer of 2011 saying he wanted to "further my experiences". At the time he had been heavily linked with a vacancy at Aston Villa but it was QPR where he was to work next, in what proved a dire spell.

The Welshman spent just 10 months at Loftus Road, narrowly avoiding relegation in 2012 and, despite heavy investment, being sacked just 12 games into the next Premier League campaign.

Hughes, who is preparing to return to Craven Cottage with Stoke this weekend, said: "I left under something of a cloud.

"At the time I made the decision to leave because, given what I knew and what I thought was going to happen in the future, I couldn't commit to a new contract.

"I made the decision to leave but, with hindsight, it was probably the wrong decision.

"When I was there I had a few doubts over what kind of investment would be made available to strengthen the team. I interpreted that as maybe the club didn't want to keep on progressing.

"Obviously, almost immediately after I left they started investing in good players and spending some money, so I probably got that wrong."

Hughes has made an encouraging start as he bids to revive his managerial career with Stoke.

Appointed in the summer, the 49-year-old has earned plaudits for the passing style he has introduced at the Britannia Stadium, football which contrasts with the club's reputation for physical and direct play.

The past fortnight has brought setbacks, however, with defeats to Arsenal and Norwich and Hughes wants to get back to winning ways at his old club.

He said: "I don't think I have got anything to prove there. I am looking to go back there with my team now, which is Stoke, and do well.

"We need to get back on track."
Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 15:56 - Oct 3 with 3408 viewswombat

is he sniffing around the fulham job again ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 16:00 - Oct 3 with 3397 viewsQPRDave

F**kin a*sehole
Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 16:13 - Oct 3 with 3363 viewsJonDoeman

I too, wish you'd stayed at Fulham, Mark.

It Is What It Is !!

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 16:29 - Oct 3 with 3329 viewsrobith

"just 12 games"

Just? It felt like an absolute lifetime
Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 16:32 - Oct 3 with 3314 viewsgueRRilla

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 16:29 - Oct 3 by robith

"just 12 games"

Just? It felt like an absolute lifetime

That's what I thought as well! Longest 12 games of my life. In comparison, we've played 9 in the league already this season.
Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 16:36 - Oct 3 with 3292 viewsJuzzie

What a tw@t. Was obviously angling for the Villa job and now is all 'remorseful'. My ar$e.
Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 17:03 - Oct 3 with 3237 viewsBklynRanger

The stuff he comes out with is always about him and the latest chapter in his glittering career.

WE'RE NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR PAST AND PRESENT MOVES MARK YOU MUMBLY, NARCISSISTIC HALFWIT!
Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 17:09 - Oct 3 with 3217 viewsTacticalR

All this after they had modified Ye Old Cottage for him:

'The first thing Mark Hughes did when he became manager of Fulham was to ask for a bigger desk. Hughes wasn't happy with his new surroundings. The office, he said, was too small. A new computer was ordered and a big leather chair. Then builders were brought in to knock down the adjoining wall and extend an office that had done just fine for Roy Hodgson, Lawrie Sanchez, Chris Coleman and everyone before.'
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/jan/14/mark-hughes-qpr-premier-lea

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Hughes: on 17:41 - Oct 3 with 3143 viewsJuzzie

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 17:09 - Oct 3 by TacticalR

All this after they had modified Ye Old Cottage for him:

'The first thing Mark Hughes did when he became manager of Fulham was to ask for a bigger desk. Hughes wasn't happy with his new surroundings. The office, he said, was too small. A new computer was ordered and a big leather chair. Then builders were brought in to knock down the adjoining wall and extend an office that had done just fine for Roy Hodgson, Lawrie Sanchez, Chris Coleman and everyone before.'
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/jan/14/mark-hughes-qpr-premier-lea

He needed a bigger office to fit in all his "how to self-motivate" books.

[Post edited 3 Oct 2013 17:46]
Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 17:51 - Oct 3 with 3129 viewsderbyhoop

Alongside the ones on "meticulous planning".

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 17:55 - Oct 3 with 3126 viewssimmo

I really hope he gets gout.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 17:57 - Oct 3 with 3122 viewsN12Hoop

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 16:13 - Oct 3 by JonDoeman

I too, wish you'd stayed at Fulham, Mark.

That's what I was thinking. If he'd stayed at Fulham we'd almost certainly be in a better position now then we are. It's hard to imagine any manager fcking it all up as much as he did. You can say how Tony wanted marquee signings and all, but ultimately our failures have to be put down to Hughes and so in many respects him leaving was the worse thing that ever happened to qPR.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 18:31 - Oct 3 with 3071 viewsconnell10

I JUST HATE, HATE, HATE THIS FOCKING KUNT OF A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 19:44 - Oct 3 with 3013 viewsWatford_Ranger

They could make a lot of money for charity by charging football fans a pound to dance on his grave some day.
Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 19:53 - Oct 3 with 3001 viewsTacticalR

So is he saying 'I was wrong to leave Fulham'...'because now I'm stuck at Stoke'?

Air hostess clique

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 20:32 - Oct 3 with 2947 viewsHollowayRanger

if we get promoted

will hughes still have a premiership job come next season??????

the home game here will be fun!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 20:33 - Oct 3 with 2945 viewsPommyhoop

C@nting sh!tehawk!!!.Never have I wished so much for a home massacre for Fulham
Come on you Lilliewhites !!!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 21:10 - Oct 3 with 2902 viewsjo_qpr63

Hang on, he came to QPR who did spend on players he wanted, and he messed it right up. What he didn't get at Fulham he got here so why did he make a mistake. He had his chance and blew it.
I remember at the time he seemed to want Aston Villa job but they didnt spend either so that wouldnt have worked out for him.Can you imagine him doing what Paul Lambart has done.
What he should be saying is he is very lucky to have a job at all.
Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 21:19 - Oct 3 with 2896 viewsbobby

he was wrong to leave Wales..

http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 21:24 - Oct 3 with 2888 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 15:56 - Oct 3 by wombat

is he sniffing around the fulham job again ?

That sounds like exactly what he's after, seeing Jol under pressure. That really is pretty low.
Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 21:33 - Oct 3 with 2874 viewsDesertBoot

Jeez he's the king of spin isn't he

Wish I could be like David Watts

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 21:49 - Oct 3 with 2846 viewstimcocking

It's not the only thing he was wrong about...
Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 21:54 - Oct 3 with 2836 viewsqprmick

Qprmick

Hughes: "I was wrong to leave Fulham." on 22:40 - Oct 3 with 2793 viewsBrightonhoop

He was wrong to leave the womb. Fcking hate the Chelshite clunge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024