Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Hughes 07:38 - Nov 25 with 1762 viewsHayesender

Australian test cricket player Phil Hughes in critical condition after being struck on head by a bouncer. Best of luck cobber

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2848353/Australia-Test-crickete

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Phil Hughes on 08:09 - Nov 25 with 1713 viewskingsburyR

Was he wearing a helmet?

Update: Just saw it on youtube and yes he was wearing a helmet but looks in bad shape.

Good luck to you mate.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 8:16]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Phil Hughes on 08:26 - Nov 25 with 1690 viewsPommyhoop

Phil Hughes on 08:09 - Nov 25 by kingsburyR

Was he wearing a helmet?

Update: Just saw it on youtube and yes he was wearing a helmet but looks in bad shape.

Good luck to you mate.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 8:16]

Yep he was wearing a helmet.I read somewhere that it went under the grill and hit him on the jawline..
Praying for the lad.He's a tough cookie but it doesn't look good.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Phil Hughes on 08:50 - Nov 25 with 1641 viewsozexile

Terrible news.
Phil Hughes on 08:58 - Nov 25 with 1616 viewsbosh67

Yes, saw this. Really unfortunate and horrifying considering the helmet appears to have failed or the ball got through some how. Hope and prayers with him.

Has brought back some bad memories for me, that. When I was 16 I was playing for the school team and I took a swing at a quick short pitched ball and managed to hook it off a thick edge into my left temple (I am left handed). No helmet. Next thing I vaguely knew was coming round in hospital 48 hours later. My brain had swollen but fortunately they decided not to operate. I didn't know who I was for about a week after.

This one for Phil I am hearing that they have had to operate on the back of his brain which could mean a lot of blood loss, which is very very bad and really hope he pulls through.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 9:38]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Phil Hughes on 10:29 - Nov 25 with 1492 viewsisawqpratwcity

post-op induced coma, critical condition.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-25/test-aspirant-phil-hughes-knocked-out-in-s

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Phil Hughes on 13:45 - Nov 25 with 1356 viewskingsburyR

Cardiac Arrest on the pitch.....

... news is getting worse by the hour!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Phil Hughes on 20:41 - Nov 25 with 1241 viewsTGRRRSSS

When we played cricket at school which would have been early to mid 90's incredibly are school at that time, didn't allow us to wear a helmet, now of course it's compulsory.

I think basically Bodyline was a focus on smashing into bodies and things and one player got a fractured skull from Larwood back in the day.

Good luck to Phil Hughes looks terribly freak thing, BUT the bouncer is allowed so...
Phil Hughes on 21:30 - Nov 25 with 1197 viewsHollowayRanger

horrible bad luck

amazing how our batsmen surrived v the west indie legends

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Hughes on 22:09 - Nov 25 with 1161 viewsKiwi76

Just about old enough to remember days where lot of batsmen never wore helmets. Our dear old #10/11 batsman Euan "Charlie" Chatsfield got clobbered & life threatening for a time. Thankfully full recovery & now can be found driving cab around Wgtn.
Hoping Hughes makes similar recovery & at just 25 he gets back to top level.
Phil Hughes on 22:15 - Nov 25 with 1146 viewsMrSheen

Phil Hughes on 21:30 - Nov 25 by HollowayRanger

horrible bad luck

amazing how our batsmen surrived v the west indie legends

Mike Gatting v Marshall! When they handed the ball back to Marshall, it had a splinter from Gatting's nose sticking out of it. Gatting had a helmet on too.

Phil Hughes on 22:44 - Nov 25 with 1098 viewsBushman

Phil Hughes on 22:15 - Nov 25 by MrSheen

Mike Gatting v Marshall! When they handed the ball back to Marshall, it had a splinter from Gatting's nose sticking out of it. Gatting had a helmet on too.

Never forget the Gatting press conference the following day when a reporter asked him where the ball hit him and everyone cracked up including Gatting.

Hope the fella makes a proper recovery,amazing times in the 70's when you had Jeff Thompson,Dennis Lillie,Michael"whispering death"Holding,Andy Roberts Et al all pounding in to batsman with a cap or often nothing on their head.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Phil Hughes on 22:45 - Nov 25 with 1093 viewsSydneyRs

If you are going to allow people to deliberately aim a dangerous, high speed object at people's heads there is always a risk of this type of thing happening.

The likes of Brett Lee etc doing the bleeding heart routine when he spent his career, and got a fair chunk of his wickets, bowling bouncers at tailenders barely able to defend themselves sickens me. Bowlers do it deliberately, snarl and swear at the batsmen and then want sympathy when somebody gets hurt. Don't bowl at people's heads and it won't happen.

Best of luck to Hughes, a very unfortnate situation for him.
Phil Hughes on 22:50 - Nov 25 with 1084 viewsCiderwithRsie

Freakishly unlucky injury - hit in the back of the head - very sad and I wish him all the best.

On the subject of fast bowling in the 70s and 80s, Simon Hughes'"A Lot Of Hard Yakka" is a bit of a revelation. Batsmen back then were in genuine fear of serious injury or even death when facing some of those bowlers - and Hughes was writing about county cricket, not Test, but at a time when all the great quicks, including the WIndies but also some very fast South Africans, played the county game. Some who were hit were never the same again. In hindsight it's a miracle no-one was killed.
Phil Hughes on 23:21 - Nov 25 with 1051 viewsFredManRave

Phil Hughes on 22:44 - Nov 25 by Bushman

Never forget the Gatting press conference the following day when a reporter asked him where the ball hit him and everyone cracked up including Gatting.

Hope the fella makes a proper recovery,amazing times in the 70's when you had Jeff Thompson,Dennis Lillie,Michael"whispering death"Holding,Andy Roberts Et al all pounding in to batsman with a cap or often nothing on their head.

Strange that I can't find a video clip of that press conferenceinterview on the t'internet superhighway.

And not to mention "Bustling" Bob Willis (from the 80's).

And obviously wishing Phil Hughes a full and speedy recovery.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Phil Hughes on 23:34 - Nov 25 with 1023 viewsQPRMUSO

Good luck Phil, please pull through!
Phil Hughes on 06:08 - Nov 26 with 945 viewsBushman

Cracking read,if you like cricket grab a copy though I guess it touches a rawer nerve if you were around during that era.

Different world then, recounts spending nights in his car when on tour with middlesex as they couldn't afford hotel rooms.

"Fire in Babylon" also brilliant viewing remembering Clive Lloyd's unstoppable Windies side as well as some interesting history of that team.

Its mentioned here http://www.hecklerspray.com/top-19-post-match-interviews/200933634.php

But no footage,Olly on the list too
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 6:27]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024