Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... 16:39 - Apr 1 with 1802 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No angry anti Northern rhetoric please, but debate in the spirit of football supporter brotherhood.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/01/bolton-wanderers-debt-increases
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 16:46 - Apr 1 with 1770 viewsessextaxiboy

Not much sympathy from me Im afraid . When Gartside was on the FA committee he wanted to end relegation from the Premier League or promotion to it .

Needless to say Bolton were safe in the Prem at the time.

I feel for the fans I suppose but the memory of Clints disallowed goal still puts a cloud over Bolton for me .
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 16:52 - Apr 1 with 1753 viewsRangersw12

At least they passed FFP
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 16:59 - Apr 1 with 1736 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 16:46 - Apr 1 by essextaxiboy

Not much sympathy from me Im afraid . When Gartside was on the FA committee he wanted to end relegation from the Premier League or promotion to it .

Needless to say Bolton were safe in the Prem at the time.

I feel for the fans I suppose but the memory of Clints disallowed goal still puts a cloud over Bolton for me .

This is what depresses me about modern football support.

What has Gartside got to do with Joe Bloggs and his kids possibly losing their football club or having it sold off piece by piece? He didn't keep Clint's goal out, it was a shitty linesman decision .

Meanwhile , we have our petty squabbles over a dissallowed goal at Bolton, or a Barton sending off v Norwich, or a stale Balti pie at Rag Arse Rovers or whatever, Chairman and other authorities pull our pants down every season by pricing us out and replacing us with shellfish eaters.

An eye for an eye and that until everyone is blind etc.
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 17:01 - Apr 1 with 1731 viewsTacticalR

It seems that there are a lot of similar sized clubs with similar sized debts:

Cardiff announce annual losses of £12m to increase overall debt to £174m
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/26/cardiff-city-annual-losses-12m-1

It's all very well fantasizing over Southampton and Swansea, but it's important to understand the situation as a whole.

Air hostess clique

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 17:04 - Apr 1 with 1721 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Down to their last whippet butty, but safely ensconced in the lower half of the Championship thanks to FFP.
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 17:06 - Apr 1 with 1710 viewshoof_hearted

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 17:04 - Apr 1 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Down to their last whippet butty, but safely ensconced in the lower half of the Championship thanks to FFP.

These clubs (and us) had spent big before FFP was introduced. FFP will probably stop it happening after a few years if it doesn't get defeated in the courts.

It's all part of the fun of being a fan, passing the buckets round and all that.
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 17:08 - Apr 1 with 1707 viewsJuzzie

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 16:59 - Apr 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is what depresses me about modern football support.

What has Gartside got to do with Joe Bloggs and his kids possibly losing their football club or having it sold off piece by piece? He didn't keep Clint's goal out, it was a shitty linesman decision .

Meanwhile , we have our petty squabbles over a dissallowed goal at Bolton, or a Barton sending off v Norwich, or a stale Balti pie at Rag Arse Rovers or whatever, Chairman and other authorities pull our pants down every season by pricing us out and replacing us with shellfish eaters.

An eye for an eye and that until everyone is blind etc.

This is the thing... the owners must be pi$$ing themselves laughing at all the squabbles amongst fans who are all trying to score cheap points off each other... just go on footballforums.net and look at how it's dominated by Man Utd and Liverpool fans using every thread/topic as an opportunity to do this, pages and pages of the stuff.... whilst right in front of our eyes they're destroying clubs and the game in general.

Who gives a fk if Fulham take 50 to Sunderland or who had the blue & white hoops first or Brentford fans still frothing at the mouth over QPR trying to buy them out 60 fking years ago, give it a rest.

Sure, rivalry is what gives football it's passion but most of it is so repetative & tedious and is distracting everyone from what is really happening. I swear people will be happy as long as they're 'right' and can say "I told you so" about some petty issue even if it means their club and the game crumbling from under them.

[Post edited 1 Apr 2015 17:12]
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 17:19 - Apr 1 with 1661 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 17:08 - Apr 1 by Juzzie

This is the thing... the owners must be pi$$ing themselves laughing at all the squabbles amongst fans who are all trying to score cheap points off each other... just go on footballforums.net and look at how it's dominated by Man Utd and Liverpool fans using every thread/topic as an opportunity to do this, pages and pages of the stuff.... whilst right in front of our eyes they're destroying clubs and the game in general.

Who gives a fk if Fulham take 50 to Sunderland or who had the blue & white hoops first or Brentford fans still frothing at the mouth over QPR trying to buy them out 60 fking years ago, give it a rest.

Sure, rivalry is what gives football it's passion but most of it is so repetative & tedious and is distracting everyone from what is really happening. I swear people will be happy as long as they're 'right' and can say "I told you so" about some petty issue even if it means their club and the game crumbling from under them.

Zackley
Login to get fewer ads

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 17:31 - Apr 1 with 1630 viewsRangersw12

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 17:08 - Apr 1 by Juzzie

Football is tribal and always will be

Nobody gave a stuff about us when we were in admin and nearly went bust and I doubt nobody will care about us when we get a FFP fine
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 18:04 - Apr 1 with 1546 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 17:31 - Apr 1 by Rangersw12

Football is tribal and always will be

Nobody gave a stuff about us when we were in admin and nearly went bust and I doubt nobody will care about us when we get a FFP fine

Fvcking hell talk about point missed.

Let me say this, and get pelters for it:

If Chelsea went out of business I would be sad for the die hards who have gone since the pre prem days.
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 18:53 - Apr 1 with 1457 viewspaulparker

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 18:04 - Apr 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

If Chelsea went out of business I would be sad for the die hards who have gone since the pre prem days.

i would cry tears of joy if they went out of business
Would be the greatest day of my life seeing them kunts in the southern conference

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 18:57 - Apr 1 with 1449 viewsessextaxiboy

You are missing the point , the figurehead of that club while in a position of authority was quite happy to take playing in the Premier League away from thousands of Joe Bloggs and their sons and daughters and lock the riches on offer into his business for life .

That includes me and my sons and you.

What goes around comes around ..You reap what you sow ... Karma if you like

Maybe the Clint thing is a bit petty and was added as an afterthought TBH .

Chelsea ? That would be the pre prem really racist days ? Sorry for that reason alone I wouldnt miss them one bit ...back to Karma
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 19:06 - Apr 1 with 1436 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 18:57 - Apr 1 by essextaxiboy

You are missing the point , the figurehead of that club while in a position of authority was quite happy to take playing in the Premier League away from thousands of Joe Bloggs and their sons and daughters and lock the riches on offer into his business for life .

That includes me and my sons and you.

What goes around comes around ..You reap what you sow ... Karma if you like

Maybe the Clint thing is a bit petty and was added as an afterthought TBH .

Chelsea ? That would be the pre prem really racist days ? Sorry for that reason alone I wouldnt miss them one bit ...back to Karma

Any clubs you'd save should you have the power ?

We can have a two man league with Accrington Stanley. Unless you hate milk or something.
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 19:07 - Apr 1 with 1437 viewsRangersw12

I wouldn't give a fck fella
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 19:14 - Apr 1 with 1418 viewsTacticalR

That was probably a bad example to choose. Just saying.

Air hostess clique

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 19:16 - Apr 1 with 1415 viewsR_from_afar

I agree with you on the Chelsea fans front. They're not all t0ssers - and I say this as someone who lives in a crappy south east town which CFC appears to have annexed, such is the vast number of Chelski supporters cluttering up my high street.

I know some die hard fans who loyally followed them during the lean times. Interestingly, they are very sympathetic when it comes to QPR's many woes, they genuinely are.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 19:19 - Apr 1 with 1411 viewsBklynRanger

I just beat a Man U fan to death with a ham sandwich. Loved every minute of it. So maybe not in terms of brotherhood, but that report could probably just substitute the club and the date (2017ish?) and be a scary harbinger of impending doom.
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 20:12 - Apr 1 with 1323 viewsessextaxiboy

(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 19:06 - Apr 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Any clubs you'd save should you have the power ?

We can have a two man league with Accrington Stanley. Unless you hate milk or something.

Leyton Orient
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 13:01 - Apr 2 with 1069 viewswhittocksRs

I'd genuinely like to see Man United die — giant top level implosion triggered by the Glazer debt or something. I don't much like their pre-Premier League fans — way too mouthy and they spout that whole 'Theatre of Dreams' bollox — and then the ones that came after? F*cking jesus, what a bunch of monstertw*ts.

I can get on with every other club for the most part, always found fans within even the worst of them that are good-natured, Chelsea included in that.
(Possibly) Coming To A Club Near You... on 13:41 - Apr 2 with 1000 viewsSpiritofGregory

Sadly it's never going to happen even if the Russian decides to leave, they'll easily find another billionaire.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024