Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mutual Termination 16:19 - Sep 13 with 1664 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Adebayor and Spurs have agreed a mutual termination of his contract.

Can anyone tell me what the player get's out of it? I'm not privy to payslips like some, but i'm sure he doesn't hang his teabags out to dry.

With his reputation, he (or his agent) must be aware that great wages isn't a given elsewhere.
Mutual Termination on 16:21 - Sep 13 with 1660 viewsJamie

He was asking for the full £5mish left in cash to terminate before the deadline..

Now that the deadline is gone and he can't get another European club until January, I'd imagine he got most of that and will end up in the Middle East.
Mutual Termination on 16:21 - Sep 13 with 1660 viewsNorthernr

Lump sum up front and not having to go into training with the youth team every day?

Plus maybe Jesus told him to take it?
Mutual Termination on 16:22 - Sep 13 with 1652 viewsMatch82

I believe he's paid off at a lower rate.
I.e. if he's owed $1m for the rest of the year, they'll offer 750k (for example)

That saves spurs 250k and if adebayor can get a deal elsewhere then he'll end up making his money back, or more
Mutual Termination on 16:29 - Sep 13 with 1625 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So why not just realise him when there is only £750k or whatever sum he received left in wages on his contract? In Adebayor's case he was hardly guaranteed a big deal somewhere was he?

He can be Eriksen's fluffer or something until then.

Or am I missing something and being dense?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2015 16:32]
Mutual Termination on 16:32 - Sep 13 with 1600 viewsJamie

Mutual Termination on 16:29 - Sep 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

So why not just realise him when there is only £750k or whatever sum he received left in wages on his contract? In Adebayor's case he was hardly guaranteed a big deal somewhere was he?

Spurs didn't want him around stinking up the place, he was more than happy to come in everyday and train with the kids. By paying him the rest of his contract in full upfront they can tell him to fck off.
Mutual Termination on 16:33 - Sep 13 with 1599 viewsisawqpratwcity

Because if they waited then they don't save any money.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mutual Termination on 16:33 - Sep 13 with 1596 viewsNorthernr

From the club's point of view it get's rid of a potentially bad, negative, destabilising influence and saves them some cash.
From Abebayor's point of view he was going to have to go into training at Spurs every day and not train with the first team or ever be considered for selection. Now he gets a lump sum payment and is free to sign another lucrative contract elsewhere - probably in one of the Middle East/Turkey/US dumping grounds for overpaid crap from the Premier League.
Mutual Termination on 16:40 - Sep 13 with 1574 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mutual Termination on 16:33 - Sep 13 by Northernr

From the club's point of view it get's rid of a potentially bad, negative, destabilising influence and saves them some cash.
From Abebayor's point of view he was going to have to go into training at Spurs every day and not train with the first team or ever be considered for selection. Now he gets a lump sum payment and is free to sign another lucrative contract elsewhere - probably in one of the Middle East/Turkey/US dumping grounds for overpaid crap from the Premier League.

So what we are saying, in a weird way, is that Adebayor has more scruples than the dirty dozen we had here because he wanted to play football rather than languish?

Never struck me as someone who would be bothered training on his own for £XXX per week.
Login to get fewer ads

Mutual Termination on 16:46 - Sep 13 with 1553 viewsTacticalR

Best friends with Assou-Ekotto who was also paid off by Spurs earlier this year.

Even though there is more money than ever floating around the Premiership, and some big money is being spent on some average players, I wonder if the era of the truly bonkers signings (SWP, Adebayor etc) is over.

Air hostess clique

Mutual Termination on 16:53 - Sep 13 with 1528 viewsCamberleyR

Thank god Harold isn't still here. He'd be creaming his pants on hearing the news.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Mutual Termination on 17:16 - Sep 13 with 1473 viewsexiled_dictator

Mutual Termination on 16:46 - Sep 13 by TacticalR

Best friends with Assou-Ekotto who was also paid off by Spurs earlier this year.

Even though there is more money than ever floating around the Premiership, and some big money is being spent on some average players, I wonder if the era of the truly bonkers signings (SWP, Adebayor etc) is over.

you mean like david de yea, who desperately wanted to return to madrid, so rightfully didn't sign a new contract.
all summer long, the sports pages, sky news and broadcasters were full of not if he will leave, but when and for how much.
then we had the transfer deadline day drama of first 2 minutes, then 30 minutes, where someone didn't receive the faxed paperwork in time, despite there being confirmationary documents, and a potential @29 million transfer evaporated.
and looky look look; this week, manu confirm that de yea has signed a new four year contract worth %200k a week, having been on %75k a week and was offered %140k throughout the year.
and as a 19 year old, reports say that anthony martial is being paid 180k euro a week.
and it's not only manu that are paying silly money; man city, chelsea, liverpool and others pay big bucks to attract the best players.
Bastian schweinsteiger went from earning 55k euro a week at bayern, to earning %250k a week. aged 31. bayern executive karl hopfner confirmed. neuer, lahm, ribery, lewandowski and robben are top earners at 160k euro a week.
apparently, ronaldo and messi are the best paid players, each earning 350k a week.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Mutual Termination on 18:03 - Sep 13 with 1412 viewsTacticalR

I'll leave aside the question of whether de Gea, Messi or Ronaldo are worth 'silly money'.

The point about them is that they do actually do something, whereas SWP and Adebayor are purely ornamental.

Air hostess clique

Mutual Termination on 16:15 - Sep 25 with 999 viewsTacticalR

'The lack of obvious takers probably isn’t that surprising given the amount of time he has spent over the last few years engaged in a kind of bartering process to see how much money people will pay him not to play for them ever again.

At Manchester City he managed to secure a £4m deal not to play for the club ever again. At Spurs he started high, with an opening offer of £5m, although his final payment for not playing for Spurs ever again may have been as little as £1m.'

Career opportunities no longer knock for profligate Emmanuel Adebayor
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/25/emmanuel-adebayor-premier-l

Air hostess clique

Mutual Termination on 16:29 - Sep 25 with 968 viewsnix

Mutual Termination on 16:15 - Sep 25 by TacticalR

'The lack of obvious takers probably isn’t that surprising given the amount of time he has spent over the last few years engaged in a kind of bartering process to see how much money people will pay him not to play for them ever again.

At Manchester City he managed to secure a £4m deal not to play for the club ever again. At Spurs he started high, with an opening offer of £5m, although his final payment for not playing for Spurs ever again may have been as little as £1m.'

Career opportunities no longer knock for profligate Emmanuel Adebayor
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/25/emmanuel-adebayor-premier-l

Thx for posting, that's a brilliant article
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024