Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v France 13:29 - Nov 14 with 1108 viewsconnell10

Will go ahead on tuesday. Good call i think!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

England v France on 13:59 - Nov 14 with 1086 viewsbosh67

A defiant call. Easier to make as it is in London.

I am surprised the announcement was made by the French FA. I would have thought the two government's security councils would have made the call.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England v France on 14:26 - Nov 14 with 1048 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think the bigger and more pertinent worry has to be the security for next year's Euro Championships.

As some may/might not know, Paris is hosting a huge climate change conference next month. What people might not be aware of, is that France recently opted out of the Schengen Agreement and restored border controls ahead of this conference. Of course, this has heightened somewhat as a result of events last night.

Historically, the French border has been rather porous over the centuries and therein lies the danger. I would contend that its not necessarily those who would do harm from overseas trying to get in that is the worry, but those already here and who are actually French that needs to be looked at.

I am miles away from Paris, but there is an eerie feel to the place. Its not necessarily one of revenge, but one where people seem to think this is not going to go away and wondering/worrying about how some intend to tackle the problem.

And there is a problem here, one that is simmering with the North African/Islamic community. For every Zidane, there are hundreds if not thousands going in the opposite direction. I was talking to a retired teacher here, whose new role is to go into schools where the teachers can't cope with second generation NA/I students. She described her concerns, her horror at the attitudes of some and detachment of others. In view of the young age of the Paris murderers, there is a breeding ground here for those who wish to do evil, by using uneducated, inactive and disaffected kids.

Of course, we have this in the UK as well and we all seem hellbent on fighting our 'enemy' using conventional 'war' mentality (if I can use these words) when in reality, the problem is within and walking in our boulevards and high streets.

Time some stupid old men took a different view on how to handle this, and carpet bombing the middle east ain't it!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

England v France on 21:54 - Nov 14 with 895 viewsToast_R

Too right otherwise the bastards win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024