Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austerity is over! 18:41 - Jun 13 with 6054 viewsWatfordR

According to some of the chatter coming out of May's meeting with her MPs yesterday.

Did I imagine just a few weeks ago her telling an NHS worker complaining that they hadn't had a rise since 2010 that there was no magic money tree?

Where is the money going to come from then? Or is this just the latest soundbite we are being fed? Perhaps Austerity is dead and Gordon's old girlfriend Prudence is going to make a comeback.

The National Debt has near enough doubled since the introduction of austerity in 2010. We are a million miles away from getting rid of the Deficit. Successive governments have simply maxed out credit card after credit card, and sooner or later, the lenders will stop increasing the credit limits.

The only way that I can see we are going to get any control over public finances will surely take a seismic (and probably unpalatable) shift in the British mindset, i.e. a massive increase in personal taxation. The message would need to be that if you want a quality NHS and quality education, you're going to have to pay for it, because currently there isn't the money for it, and there isn't any sign of it galloping over the horizon.

Austerity is over! on 19:05 - Jun 13 with 4130 viewsjohncharles

What has happened to all the money the country saved during austerity ? It hasn't gone to service the national debt so where is it ? Come on, it's not a difficult question. If I cut back on my expenditure, only go to the pub 4 times a week instead of 6 and cut out the takeaways I have more money at the end of the week. So if we cut back on the police and benefits and nurses pay .......
Where's the FCKIN money ?????

P.S. obviously some money has been held back to bribe the DUP

Strong and stable my arse.

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 19:12 - Jun 13 with 4109 viewsessextaxiboy

Austerity is over! on 19:05 - Jun 13 by johncharles

What has happened to all the money the country saved during austerity ? It hasn't gone to service the national debt so where is it ? Come on, it's not a difficult question. If I cut back on my expenditure, only go to the pub 4 times a week instead of 6 and cut out the takeaways I have more money at the end of the week. So if we cut back on the police and benefits and nurses pay .......

In 2005 the UK “current budget deficit” was less that £20 billion. But then came the worldwide financial crisis of 2008 and subsequent recession. The budget deficit skyrocketed to £50 billion in 2009 and £103 billion in 2010. In the subsequent recovery the deficit has slowly declined, reaching £15 billion in 2017.

In terms of Gross Domestic Product the UK “current budget deficit” in 2005 was less than 2 percent of GDP, and declined to about 0.6 percent GDP in 2007 and 2008. In the Great Recession the deficit ballooned, to 6.9 percent of GDP in 2010. Since then the deficit has steadily declined, to less than one percent GDP in 2017.

Copied and Pasted

Unless we tackle this the debt will just climb and climb and the interest on it will add to this deficit , its like trying to turn an oil tanker , it takes ages to change direction .
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 19:22]
Austerity is over! on 19:16 - Jun 13 with 4097 viewsWatfordR

Austerity is over! on 19:05 - Jun 13 by johncharles

Well I can't say I've looked in detail at public income vs public expenditure for the last seven years. But I'm guessing that the answer may be that if you're spending £1000 a month more than you earn, cutting back your spending by £200 a month still leaves you well short of breaking even and your debt is going to increase.

Using your example, I think the UK could stop going to the pub and stop eating forever and it would still not get anywhere close to sorting out its deficit.
Austerity is over! (n/t) on 19:22 - Jun 13 with 4073 viewsjohncharles

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 19:12 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

In 2005 the UK “current budget deficit” was less that £20 billion. But then came the worldwide financial crisis of 2008 and subsequent recession. The budget deficit skyrocketed to £50 billion in 2009 and £103 billion in 2010. In the subsequent recovery the deficit has slowly declined, reaching £15 billion in 2017.

In terms of Gross Domestic Product the UK “current budget deficit” in 2005 was less than 2 percent of GDP, and declined to about 0.6 percent GDP in 2007 and 2008. In the Great Recession the deficit ballooned, to 6.9 percent of GDP in 2010. Since then the deficit has steadily declined, to less than one percent GDP in 2017.

Copied and Pasted

Unless we tackle this the debt will just climb and climb and the interest on it will add to this deficit , its like trying to turn an oil tanker , it takes ages to change direction .
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 19:22]

Nice crayons Taxi

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 19:26 - Jun 13 with 4063 viewsessextaxiboy

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 19:22 - Jun 13 by johncharles

Nice crayons Taxi

How to make this as sexy as lots of free stuff is a challenge that for sure .
Austerity is over! (n/t) on 19:29 - Jun 13 with 4047 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Austerity is over! on 19:16 - Jun 13 by WatfordR

Well I can't say I've looked in detail at public income vs public expenditure for the last seven years. But I'm guessing that the answer may be that if you're spending £1000 a month more than you earn, cutting back your spending by £200 a month still leaves you well short of breaking even and your debt is going to increase.

Using your example, I think the UK could stop going to the pub and stop eating forever and it would still not get anywhere close to sorting out its deficit.

[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 19:30]
Austerity is over! (n/t) on 19:41 - Jun 13 with 4022 viewsessextaxiboy

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 19:29 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 19:30]

Dont sell your tools , look after them sweat the asset , work harder and longer and save for new tools .

Use your new tools to make the excellent furniture and employ someone to make standard furniture all tools supplied , take a percentage of his furniture sales and in time use it to buy 3 more sets of tools , employ 2 more people, now you employ 3 people all with new tools.

You now are supporting 3 families , helping to pay their bills and support their ambition .

Now employ one more with your tools , put a suit on and go and find customers to buy the furniture your 4 employees are making .
Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:10 - Jun 13 with 3980 viewsjohncharles

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 19:41 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

Dont sell your tools , look after them sweat the asset , work harder and longer and save for new tools .

Use your new tools to make the excellent furniture and employ someone to make standard furniture all tools supplied , take a percentage of his furniture sales and in time use it to buy 3 more sets of tools , employ 2 more people, now you employ 3 people all with new tools.

You now are supporting 3 families , helping to pay their bills and support their ambition .

Now employ one more with your tools , put a suit on and go and find customers to buy the furniture your 4 employees are making .

My god, and people accuse me of being simplistic. What a wonderful world of hard work rewarded and fair play you live in. In the real world the harder you work, the money you make th

Login to get fewer ads

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:19 - Jun 13 with 3939 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:10 - Jun 13 by johncharles

My god, and people accuse me of being simplistic. What a wonderful world of hard work rewarded and fair play you live in. In the real world the harder you work, the money you make th

To be fair mate he was replying to I comment I made then deleted because of life being too short.

But yeah usual 'pull yourself up by the bootstraps' stuff that's quite insulting to the working poor.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 20:22]
Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:20 - Jun 13 with 3945 views2Thomas2Bowles

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 19:41 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

Yay you clever boy you

Only people are working longer and harder but for less, that's the reality.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:22 - Jun 13 with 3943 viewsessextaxiboy

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:10 - Jun 13 by johncharles

Its not simplistic , its hard and many fail along the way . Whats the incentive to keep trying ?
Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:23 - Jun 13 with 3925 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:22 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

Its not simplistic , its hard and many fail along the way . Whats the incentive to keep trying ?

Nowadays?

Keeping a roof over your head and a slice of bread from the shame shop.
Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:30 - Jun 13 with 3908 viewsessextaxiboy

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:23 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Nowadays?

Keeping a roof over your head and a slice of bread from the shame shop.

In one post you accused me of insulting the working poor and in the next you call a food bank a shame shop ??
Austerity is over! on 20:30 - Jun 13 with 3905 viewsMedwayR

Making cuts and trying to squeeze more out of the poor isn't going to work, there's only so much money to be found doing that. Whilst the 99% have seen wages stagnate and property, transport costs, food, petrol increase the 1% keep on growing their considerable wealth by considerable amounts regardless of the political or economic climate, that is where there's money to be found - if an Abramovich type has a spare £1bn to plough into a w@nky little footy club then the world is seriously fecked up.

At what point does the tide turn? At what point do those in power decide that the seriously wealthy should make their contribution to society or level the playing field? How bad does it have to get before they decide enough is enough? When will executive pay be linked to workers pay, shareholders dividends considered against reinvestment in companies and reward for staff? W@nkers like Philip Green properly punished for raiding pension pots. Whatever happened about the Panama papers?

There's things that government could be doing to reign in money, making cuts and targeting joe public just seems like the easy option for them, probably because we don't make million pound bribes, sorry donations, to their political parties.

Poll: Who’s better?

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:34 - Jun 13 with 3880 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:30 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

In one post you accused me of insulting the working poor and in the next you call a food bank a shame shop ??

Yeah shame shop.

That's what Manc people who use it call it. Like a sort of gallows humour.

Never accused you of insult. Was directed at the cliche itself rather than you.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 20:37]
Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:46 - Jun 13 with 3825 viewsessextaxiboy

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:34 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah shame shop.

That's what Manc people who use it call it. Like a sort of gallows humour.

Never accused you of insult. Was directed at the cliche itself rather than you.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 20:37]

Sorry I misunderstood you ..
Austerity is over! on 21:04 - Jun 13 with 3773 views1BobbyHazell

Let's just find out who we owe it to and then invade them. Now that's a war I could get behind.
Austerity is over! on 21:07 - Jun 13 with 3763 views2Thomas2Bowles

Record levels of in-work poverty revealed

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/news/view/758111-record-levels-of-in-work-poverty-revea

Austerity is over! on 21:20 - Jun 13 with 3719 viewsessextaxiboy

Austerity is over! on 21:04 - Jun 13 by 1BobbyHazell

Let's just find out who we owe it to and then invade them. Now that's a war I could get behind.

Its mostly us , in the form of gilts .Lent by pension funds , banks and building societies . Debt to overseas China and the like is less than 30% I think.
Austerity is over! (n/t) on 21:21 - Jun 13 with 3713 viewsjohncharles

Austerity is over! (n/t) on 20:22 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

Respect Taxi for replying to a post that broke off and looked a bit rude. Phone rang, another beer and ...... We will resume later.

Austerity is over! on 21:37 - Jun 13 with 3674 views1BobbyHazell

Austerity is over! on 21:20 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

Its mostly us , in the form of gilts .Lent by pension funds , banks and building societies . Debt to overseas China and the like is less than 30% I think.

I know I was only teasing. Although the idea that we can't provide socially for ourselves because of 'debt' we owe to ourselves is a wonderful example of the ridiculous nature of the illusion of debt and the inevitability of the current system's demise.

Let's invade those who create, control, manipulate and benefit from this 'debt'.
Austerity is over! on 21:48 - Jun 13 with 3637 viewsessextaxiboy

Austerity is over! on 21:07 - Jun 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Record levels of in-work poverty revealed

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/news/view/758111-record-levels-of-in-work-poverty-revea

Did you read the bit in italics in the middle .?
Austerity is over! on 22:07 - Jun 13 with 3608 views2Thomas2Bowles

Austerity is over! on 21:48 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

Did you read the bit in italics in the middle .?

Yeah did you read the stats or did you not bother to ready the whole article
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 22:15]

Austerity is over! on 22:12 - Jun 13 with 3589 viewsBrightonhoop

Have any UK bankers been jailed 7 years on?
Austerity is over! on 22:22 - Jun 13 with 3545 viewsLblock

Great

Rename the place LFP is my suggestion

Lots oF Politics

Somewhere, out there, I'm sure is this Utopian land that the left wing crave. A land where everyone earns the same, eats the same, thinks the same, there no bad people and every average joe is man marked by their own copper, nurse, doctor, dentist. All possessions are shared and ambition is reserved to how much you can do for the common good.
Where is this place? I think we should all move there - unless they've had a hard Utopiaixt and we're all banned.
If they wont take us all then maybe the red squad can go there?

But seriously -- which country's government and economic model should we be following? I am seriously interested to see where they have it nailed on and all things in balance.
Answers on a postage stamp please

(Damn!!! I promised myself NOT to comment on any political threads ever since I became a paid up member of the Young, Hip & Trendy Party hosted by Jezza --- damn you Bazza!!)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024