Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just love Smyth attitude 23:25 - Mar 6 with 4560 viewsWrightUp5hit___

When everyone else was in a big pile celebrating the equaliser, he was fighting Carson for the ball and carrying it back for the kick off.

Took an awful lot of stick from them, yet dusted himself off and got on with it.

Nicked lots of balls he shouldn't have had a chance with and looked dangerous when on a run.
Just love Smyth attitude on 23:42 - Mar 6 with 3954 viewsTripleR

Agreed, he had a terrific game tonight. Man of the match.
Just love Smyth attitude on 00:51 - Mar 7 with 3832 viewssmegma

Just love Smyth attitude on 23:42 - Mar 6 by TripleR

Agreed, he had a terrific game tonight. Man of the match.

With Eze just behind him. Both have to start on Saturday.
Just love Smyth attitude on 01:01 - Mar 7 with 3814 viewsVancouverHoop

I loved the way he hurtled back into our own half to tackle a Derby player who started yards in front of him. I was afraid he'd go through him and get booked, but it was a text-book "all ball" take out. A joy to watch.
Just love Smyth attitude on 06:37 - Mar 7 with 3661 viewsWatford_Ranger

Still trying to get my ‘Big Smith Little Smyth Cardboard Box’ chant going.

Maybe at Reading...
Just love Smyth attitude on 06:48 - Mar 7 with 3639 viewsGloucs_R

Whst formation did we play and where did here play?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Just love Smyth attitude on 08:29 - Mar 7 with 3416 viewsaston_hoop

On his way to an international call up it seems, mentioned a bit later in this article...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43306958

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Just love Smyth attitude on 08:39 - Mar 7 with 3380 viewsconnell10

He played a fantastic game last night, only thing id say he will have to be careful of injuries with his wholehearted approach! Best player on the pitch i thought.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just love Smyth attitude on 09:32 - Mar 7 with 3266 viewssmegma

Just love Smyth attitude on 08:39 - Mar 7 by connell10

He played a fantastic game last night, only thing id say he will have to be careful of injuries with his wholehearted approach! Best player on the pitch i thought.

Of the 15 fouls by Derby, 5 were against Smyth. 3 of those were in the first 20 minutes proving defences cant cope with his direct style where all he thinks of is beating the player in front of him. The rest of the team could learn a lot from him. And then Eze came on and showed the same fearlessness and beat his marker on quite a few occasions. Meanwhile the midfield trio and defence continued to pass sideways and backwards. The two of them were like a breath of fresh air.
Login to get fewer ads

Just love Smyth attitude on 09:39 - Mar 7 with 3243 viewsTacticalR

Just love Smyth attitude on 09:32 - Mar 7 by smegma

Of the 15 fouls by Derby, 5 were against Smyth. 3 of those were in the first 20 minutes proving defences cant cope with his direct style where all he thinks of is beating the player in front of him. The rest of the team could learn a lot from him. And then Eze came on and showed the same fearlessness and beat his marker on quite a few occasions. Meanwhile the midfield trio and defence continued to pass sideways and backwards. The two of them were like a breath of fresh air.

It looked like Derby had decided to nail Smyth at the beginning of the game. The ref stopped it with a yellow card and a number of warnings.

Air hostess clique

Just love Smyth attitude on 09:45 - Mar 7 with 3222 viewsstevec

Just love Smyth attitude on 09:32 - Mar 7 by smegma

Totally agree with this. There's too many negative players amongst the regulars, many of them decent players but seem to have got into a bad mindset.

The issues with the forward line, or lack of one, probably filters into the way of playing but one of the differences between us and teams in or around the top six is their ability to spark into life when they get any unexpected space, off the ball you'll see 4 or 5 players bursting forward, making meaningful runs.

I lost count the number of times Luongo, when on the ball, did the right thing but as soon as he'd released it he seemed to just tag along to whatever was going on rather than sprinting and making space. He's not the only culprit but you worry how long before the youngsters seek the easy option if the coaching side is not doing something about the problem.
Just love Smyth attitude on 10:22 - Mar 7 with 3132 viewsW7Ranger

Apart from beating the man (or two, or three) in front of him, he always seems to be able to dink out decent crosses from incredibly tight positions/angles, and with both feet too!

Also cleverly won lots of free kicks by running across defenders, giving them no choice but to bundle him over.

Great little player.
Just love Smyth attitude on 10:52 - Mar 7 with 3070 viewsdaveB

reminded me of Gareth Ainsworth in the first half
Just love Smyth attitude on 20:33 - Mar 7 with 2805 viewsHarbour

Just love Smyth attitude on 10:22 - Mar 7 by W7Ranger

Apart from beating the man (or two, or three) in front of him, he always seems to be able to dink out decent crosses from incredibly tight positions/angles, and with both feet too!

Also cleverly won lots of free kicks by running across defenders, giving them no choice but to bundle him over.

Great little player.

Spot on he put in quality crosses all night fought for every ball fantastic quick feet football brain...he is a real find...
Just love Smyth attitude on 21:35 - Mar 7 with 2705 viewsbaz_qpr

Just love Smyth attitude on 10:52 - Mar 7 by daveB

reminded me of Gareth Ainsworth in the first half

Better player than Ainsworth IMHO got his attitude but more skilful and with a better football brain his off the ball movement is top class
Just love Smyth attitude on 22:27 - Mar 7 with 2625 viewsjoolsyp

Can you imagine what damage we could potentially do in this league next season if we were to find a few more Smyths/Ezes for other positions over the summer?
Just love Smyth attitude on 11:45 - Mar 8 with 2451 viewsPinnerPaul

Good point raised there.

IH said he could fill a team - well a midfield at least! - with the 'youngsters'

Question is - how good are they?

Will they improve us - if so how much? Into a mid table side?, Top 10, Play offs?
Just love Smyth attitude on 12:52 - Mar 8 with 2371 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Love this pass...

Just love Smyth attitude on 13:23 - Mar 8 with 2339 viewsEsox_Lucius

He reminds me a lot of Bradley Allen.

The grass is always greener.

Just love Smyth attitude on 13:27 - Mar 8 with 2323 viewsbob566

Just love Smyth attitude on 22:27 - Mar 7 by joolsyp

Can you imagine what damage we could potentially do in this league next season if we were to find a few more Smyths/Ezes for other positions over the summer?

well we had one in manning and as soon as he put a couple of bad games together he was hooked.

Eventually got a comeback chance and got sent off. Hope he gets another chance in the team.
Just love Smyth attitude on 13:31 - Mar 8 with 2317 viewsW7Ranger

Just love Smyth attitude on 13:23 - Mar 8 by Esox_Lucius

I thought the same when I first see him against Cardiff. Very similar attributes.
Just love Smyth attitude on 13:41 - Mar 8 with 2301 viewsconnell10

Just love Smyth attitude on 13:23 - Mar 8 by Esox_Lucius

He is a lot quicker than Mr Allen.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just love Smyth attitude on 16:23 - Mar 8 with 2211 viewsqprphil

I've not seen him play live but, if the lad is that good, then the manager needs to dangle a nice improved contract in front of him pretty damn sharpish. I think it only lasts until the end of next season.
Just love Smyth attitude on 16:45 - Mar 8 with 2183 viewsEsox_Lucius

Just love Smyth attitude on 13:41 - Mar 8 by connell10

He is a lot quicker than Mr Allen.

Different hair colour too.

The grass is always greener.

Just love Smyth attitude on 17:43 - Mar 8 with 2133 viewsVancouverHoop

Just love Smyth attitude on 22:27 - Mar 7 by joolsyp

Indeed. I think too, that Chris Ramsey should get credit for bringing on the young players we see now (and hopefully those to come.) Would Eze, Smyth, and BoS have been fit for purpose under Redknapp or Hughes? Makes you wonder how much young talent we've wasted over past decade or two.
Just love Smyth attitude on 19:29 - Mar 8 with 2058 viewsonlyrinmoray

Hes been the highlight of the season for me . I know its been a crap season but most of us knew it would be Just hope we can put the right players around him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024