Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thailand cave rescue 17:41 - Jul 10 with 4939 viewsted_hendrix

What a great story with a happy ending, unbelievably those lads and their coach were trapped underground for three weeks.
Been following the story since it first broke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Thailand cave rescue on 17:46 - Jul 10 with 4130 viewsloftboy

Minor miracle they were even found, shame that one of the navy seals died in the rescue though.
I noticed a few of the boys were wearing England shirts, hope once they’ve been checked Over they won’t suffer too much psychologically.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 18:35]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Thailand cave rescue on 17:51 - Jul 10 with 4123 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The last time 15 footballers were inside a Thai cavity was on the Leicester City pre season tour.
Thailand cave rescue on 18:13 - Jul 10 with 4095 viewsbosh67

RIP the Tai Navy Seal who lost his life in the rescue but an extraordinary effort and all the lads and coach safe.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Thailand cave rescue on 18:49 - Jul 10 with 4053 viewsBoston

‘Happy ending’ Ted, lads looked a little young for that sort of thing!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Thailand cave rescue on 21:01 - Jul 10 with 3959 viewsNoDiddley

Gary Glitter was on standby thankfully not needed
Thailand cave rescue on 21:03 - Jul 10 with 3958 viewssmegma

The poor kids must've been starving and then they come out to be give Durians.
Thailand cave rescue on 22:56 - Jul 10 with 3872 viewsbob566

Fifa president has said hell fly the boys to russia for the final if theyre well enough. Fifa feck up enough but thats a nice touch
Thailand cave rescue on 23:15 - Jul 10 with 3851 viewssmegma

Thailand cave rescue on 22:56 - Jul 10 by bob566

Fifa president has said hell fly the boys to russia for the final if theyre well enough. Fifa feck up enough but thats a nice touch

They can afford it with the billions they're currently earning in Russia
Login to get fewer ads

Thailand cave rescue on 23:31 - Jul 10 with 3830 viewsA40Bosh

Nice to find some footballers who don't know how to dive!!!

Fantastic news that they are all out. / Rip to that brave soul who was lost trying to rescue them.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Thailand cave rescue on 00:47 - Jul 11 with 3800 viewstimcocking

It's been quite something. It'd be much better if they hadn't lost a diver, which has of course tinged it all with sadness.

In true Thai style, everybody has been making food for them. And of course they've brought out some big guns in the form of a Tiger Shaman...

https://www.thephuketnews.com/image-1.4.1/image.php?width=500&image=

Ps for anybody who wanted to read that article, it illustrates what a different culture it is:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/hermits-marigolds-and-prayer-67758.php#zZ7U3GRHYtr
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 1:03]
Thailand cave rescue on 00:52 - Jul 11 with 3798 viewstimcocking

Thailand cave rescue on 17:46 - Jul 10 by loftboy

Minor miracle they were even found, shame that one of the navy seals died in the rescue though.
I noticed a few of the boys were wearing England shirts, hope once they’ve been checked Over they won’t suffer too much psychologically.

Thai people typically always cheer for England. Most of them support Liverpool for reasons i've never quite understood.

Thai people understand that English people are generally the nicest people, despite what our own traitourous media would have you think and our negative reputation in Europe.
Thailand cave rescue on 00:58 - Jul 11 with 3795 viewstimcocking

Loftboy let me absolutely assure you will be no psychological problems. Thai people don't work that way. It's over now, that's it, finished, mai pen rai (nevermind). Not one of them will lose a single second of sleep over it, they just aren't made that way.

They don't worry about anything ever, period. Apart from what to eat. They aren't like we are.
Thailand cave rescue on 01:07 - Jul 11 with 3784 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thailand cave rescue on 00:52 - Jul 11 by timcocking

Thai people typically always cheer for England. Most of them support Liverpool for reasons i've never quite understood.

Thai people understand that English people are generally the nicest people, despite what our own traitourous media would have you think and our negative reputation in Europe.

SELF RIGHTEOUS KLAXON!

Do they think we are nice when we play our part in the continuation of the sex trade and exploitation of the desperate?
Thailand cave rescue on 07:19 - Jul 11 with 3704 viewsLythamR

Thailand cave rescue on 00:58 - Jul 11 by timcocking

Loftboy let me absolutely assure you will be no psychological problems. Thai people don't work that way. It's over now, that's it, finished, mai pen rai (nevermind). Not one of them will lose a single second of sleep over it, they just aren't made that way.

They don't worry about anything ever, period. Apart from what to eat. They aren't like we are.

What a horrible and inaccurate generalisation
Thailand cave rescue on 08:15 - Jul 11 with 3662 viewsWatford_Ranger

Thailand cave rescue on 22:56 - Jul 10 by bob566

Only if the kids can register a Fan ID, so not happening.
Thailand cave rescue on 09:05 - Jul 11 with 3612 viewsMonahoop

An amazing story and they were all rescued just in the nick of time before the monsoons set in. Congratulations to the rescuers. Fantastic teamwork to get them out. Sad that one had to die, but they knew the risks and persisted.

Someone commented that there seem to be a lot of Liverpool fans in Thailand. That may be, but a reporter on TV found that most of these lads were Man Utd fans. Man Utd have offered to fly the team over England sometime next year and visit Old Trafford. A noble enough gesture on behalf of them.

That aside, the rescuers were the real heroes of course and that should never be forgotten. Footballs gesture is just a kind side show.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Thailand cave rescue on 09:58 - Jul 11 with 3576 viewsrobith

Thailand cave rescue on 00:58 - Jul 11 by timcocking

"Hi, yeah I don't want to be a bother, but I was wondering if there was a different therapist I could see other than Dr Cocking?"
Thailand cave rescue on 10:08 - Jul 11 with 3567 viewsMytch_QPR

Thailand cave rescue on 09:58 - Jul 11 by robith

"Hi, yeah I don't want to be a bother, but I was wondering if there was a different therapist I could see other than Dr Cocking?"

Reading loftboy's original post it reads: 'I noticed a few of the boys were wearing England shirts, hope once they’ve been checked Over they won’t suffer too much psychologically.'

That suggests that wearing the England shirts may have been more challenging than being trapped in the cave.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Thailand cave rescue on 10:55 - Jul 11 with 3533 viewsTacticalR

Thailand cave rescue on 10:08 - Jul 11 by Mytch_QPR

Reading loftboy's original post it reads: 'I noticed a few of the boys were wearing England shirts, hope once they’ve been checked Over they won’t suffer too much psychologically.'

That suggests that wearing the England shirts may have been more challenging than being trapped in the cave.

Fifty years of hurt.

Air hostess clique

Thailand cave rescue on 12:46 - Jul 11 with 3495 viewsessextaxiboy

Thailand cave rescue on 10:55 - Jul 11 by TacticalR

Fifty years of hurt.

I dont think they were in there that long ?
Thailand cave rescue on 16:27 - Jul 11 with 3420 viewsCiderwithRsie

I think it's a bit much to suggest that supporting England involves psychological suffering right now.

If they'd been wearing the hoops I'd understand.

Seriously, this is the best news story for ages, terribly sad though it was that one rescuer died - real heroism and puts things into perspective.
Thailand cave rescue on 16:56 - Jul 11 with 3385 viewsbob566

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/asia-pacific/first-pictures-of-rescued-tha
Thailand cave rescue on 17:10 - Jul 11 with 3380 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thailand cave rescue on 09:58 - Jul 11 by robith

Don't Google 'Dr Cocking' at work.
Thailand cave rescue on 18:08 - Jul 11 with 3340 viewstimcocking

Thailand cave rescue on 01:07 - Jul 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

SELF RIGHTEOUS KLAXON!

Do they think we are nice when we play our part in the continuation of the sex trade and exploitation of the desperate?

Less bad i'd probably say.
Thailand cave rescue on 01:34 - Jul 12 with 3257 viewstimcocking

Thailand cave rescue on 07:19 - Jul 11 by LythamR

What a horrible and inaccurate generalisation

Lol i've been told now

Blimey don't take things so literally, it's a stupid forum. I'm guessing you're a daily mail reader?

How well do you know Thai people, though? Their heartbeat remains ice cool at all times. Thai taking a penalty to win the world cup wouldn't skip a beat. I shouldn't think there has ever been a stressed Thai. Ask anybody who lives in Thailand whether there'll be any post traumatic stress going around and i imagine they'd chuckle at that. Didn't mean to say anything bad, it was meant as a compliment. Too much Buddhism doesn't leave room for worrying. They'll be completely unflustered.

I bet all the divers said as much, it's a certainty my friend. You don't know the Thais like i do, literally nothing worries them. Ask the other expats here, they'll say the same no doubt.

No offence meant, though, i love Thai people very much. Sweeping generalisations easier to type than essays, although evidently don't always come across as intended.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2018 1:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024