Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lather, rinse, repeat - Report 16:23 - Dec 2 with 1848 viewsNorthernr

Lather, rinse, repeat - Report 2nd Dec 2020 16:09
The slick, technical, progressive, forward-thinking, excellent young boys of Queens Park Rangers were beaten in their customary manner by Bristol City at Loftus Road on Tuesday night. Stop me if you've heard this one before. 20

Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 17:12 - Dec 2 with 1714 viewsTheChef

Lovely stuff as ever, Clive.

Despite the continued frustrations, still a few pearls in there that raise a chuckle.

Bring on Huddersfield!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 17:27 - Dec 2 with 1677 viewsPinnerPaul

Excellent report and apologies to you, now you mention it in the report, yes I do remember the Rugby style tap tackle from Ball now and yes you're right, that should have been a yellow.
Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 19:51 - Dec 2 with 1428 viewsrsonist

We're all a bit miffed but fck me, even Lblock would baulk at claiming golden ponyboy Manning would have dealt with the goals that funny nickname #1 and funny nickname #2 didn't.
Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 20:36 - Dec 2 with 1369 viewsNorthernr

Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 19:51 - Dec 2 by rsonist

We're all a bit miffed but fck me, even Lblock would baulk at claiming golden ponyboy Manning would have dealt with the goals that funny nickname #1 and funny nickname #2 didn't.

I don’t think I have said that. I’ve said when you’re stuck choosing between these two selling somebody clearly better than both of them - and he is - for a poxy £150k isn’t great business.
Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 23:27 - Dec 2 with 1127 viewsrsonist

Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 20:36 - Dec 2 by Northernr

I don’t think I have said that. I’ve said when you’re stuck choosing between these two selling somebody clearly better than both of them - and he is - for a poxy £150k isn’t great business.

Poor marking into problem at left back into Manning crit. How are you not suggesting that? He repeatedly proved himself not to be better than them defensively. If lack of service from the flanks was the stated issue I wouldn't argue, though I'd still object to giving Hamalainen the special treatment already.

In any case you know the Manning situation well, it's a cheap shot. We took the sell-on early instead of nothing end of season. And how's that working out anyway? Oh look Bidwell is still ahead of Manning now, like he was under McClaren, like he would have been under Warbs if we could have afforded to keep him. So whatever - it's not something that needs throwing back in the mix.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 10:50]
Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 08:46 - Dec 3 with 897 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Manning certainly wasn't perfect defensively - he was after all a converted winger/midfielder - but he gave us assists and goals last season, which we've lost with no additional benefit defensively. Yes, Niko is young but it's pretty appalling management by the club to fail to recruit someone better than Wallace, who has already cost us several goals and points this season. It gives the impression that they don't really care, so long as we come fourth from bottom every season, which is perhaps the reality.

If we're going to promote youth players, which is admirable, that needs to be complemented by canny recruitment from elsewhere. While that seems to be improving, my impression is that we are still light years behind the likes of Brentford in finding raw talent from around the world. Is there really no one better than Lee Wallace on the entire planet?
Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 14:19 - Dec 3 with 727 viewsderbyhoop

Any analysis of the Bristol City game could copy and paste that review.

As you said
Superb for 40 minutes. Missed a whole host of chances. Their first attack and it's 1-1. Tactical and personnel changes at HT snuffed out BOS and then Carroll, Chair and Willock stopped the link ups that were opening them up on the LHS. Once they started to protect the lead we barely looked like breaking them down.
If we could sustain the first 40 minutes for 75+ we'd win games easily. But we're not as good as some people like to believe.
However, I'm sure it will come right sometime this season and somebody will be on the end of thrashing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 14:21 - Dec 3 with 724 viewsPinnerPaul

Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 14:19 - Dec 3 by derbyhoop

Any analysis of the Bristol City game could copy and paste that review.

As you said
Superb for 40 minutes. Missed a whole host of chances. Their first attack and it's 1-1. Tactical and personnel changes at HT snuffed out BOS and then Carroll, Chair and Willock stopped the link ups that were opening them up on the LHS. Once they started to protect the lead we barely looked like breaking them down.
If we could sustain the first 40 minutes for 75+ we'd win games easily. But we're not as good as some people like to believe.
However, I'm sure it will come right sometime this season and somebody will be on the end of thrashing.

Not quite the first attack, they nearly, and should have, scored after 4 minutes!
Login to get fewer ads

Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 14:43 - Dec 3 with 698 viewsParkRoyalR

Lather, rinse, repeat - Report on 23:27 - Dec 2 by rsonist

Poor marking into problem at left back into Manning crit. How are you not suggesting that? He repeatedly proved himself not to be better than them defensively. If lack of service from the flanks was the stated issue I wouldn't argue, though I'd still object to giving Hamalainen the special treatment already.

In any case you know the Manning situation well, it's a cheap shot. We took the sell-on early instead of nothing end of season. And how's that working out anyway? Oh look Bidwell is still ahead of Manning now, like he was under McClaren, like he would have been under Warbs if we could have afforded to keep him. So whatever - it's not something that needs throwing back in the mix.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 10:50]

Manning started for Swansea this week and Bidwell was on the bench, could be injury related mind,

My main criticism of Bidwell's defending was staying narrow (Kakay!) and allowing his man the freedom to pepper the area with crosses - not sure what his stats were, but Furlong & Co must have come off with sore heads after a 90 playing with our Jake, that's when he did manage to amble back after one of his trots forward,

Thought Eustace's inspired decision to move Manning to Left Back at Millwall away changed our season at a key time as we were on the slide to League 1, so not sure McClaren's a good reference,

If Bidwell really did cost us £ 3.5m+ over 3 seasons, I'd rather take my chances with Wallace, I think. Both are chronic ball-watchers and below par for Championship level football. Manning and Niko should not be played in a flat back 4 either, so Hobsons Choice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024