Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody dreaded disease. 16:08 - Nov 1 with 1268 viewsqpr_1968

dementia.......bobby charlton now.

everyone on here must know of someone thats got, or had it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Bloody dreaded disease. on 16:20 - Nov 1 with 1222 viewsBoston

Well known for a while '68, it was mentioned recently as the reason he couldn't attend Jack's funeral.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bloody dreaded disease. on 16:22 - Nov 1 with 1222 viewsqpr_1968

Bloody dreaded disease. on 16:20 - Nov 1 by Boston

Well known for a while '68, it was mentioned recently as the reason he couldn't attend Jack's funeral.

didnt know boston, just seen it on the news.

Bloody dreaded disease. on 17:35 - Nov 1 with 1125 viewsstowmarketrange

I thought he hadn’t been seen about much lately.And it explains why he wasn’t interviewed about his brother’s demise.
To achieve as much as he did after the Munich disaster shows the character of the man.A real shame to hear about him suffering from this horrible disease.
Bloody dreaded disease. on 20:10 - Nov 1 with 1000 viewshantssi

Don’t think there can be any denying now the effect of those old leather footballs had.
My dad and 2 of his best mates have died of it in the last 10 years, all playing in the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s and in one case the 80’s, his last game as a 65 year old!
Bloody dreaded disease. on 20:50 - Nov 1 with 956 viewskensalriser

My dad died of it last year and I doubt he ever as much as kicked a football in his life, never mind headed one!

Now my mum's going the same way if something else doesn't get her first. I'm hoping for the latter, it's a rotten business watching it steal a person bit by bit.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bloody dreaded disease. on 21:03 - Nov 1 with 937 viewsBoston

Bloody dreaded disease. on 20:10 - Nov 1 by hantssi

Don’t think there can be any denying now the effect of those old leather footballs had.
My dad and 2 of his best mates have died of it in the last 10 years, all playing in the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s and in one case the 80’s, his last game as a 65 year old!

There's more dementia because we're living longer.

Bloody dreaded disease. on 21:13 - Nov 1 with 923 viewshantssi

Bloody dreaded disease. on 21:03 - Nov 1 by Boston

There's more dementia because we're living longer.

Don’t disagree with you there Boston but my dad was diagnosed in his late 60’s and died at 79, which having watched it eat him up was actually a big relief.
Bloody dreaded disease. on 21:17 - Nov 1 with 916 viewsNoDiddley

Got my Dad a couple of years back then went downhill before Covid got him in hospital,was an old school amateur footballer though, paperbacks for shin pads on Paddington Rec, on a Saturday . Used to head medicine balls for fun.
Login to get fewer ads

Bloody dreaded disease. on 21:45 - Nov 1 with 872 viewsSharpy36

My mum was diagnosed with dual Dementia nearly 3 years ago. Although we have gone through the forgot who we are stage, she has managed to live in her house with help from my brother, sister and myself. Two weeks ago she went walkabout in her pj`s and bare footed at 6am, fell up some stairs and fractured her jaw in two places. We have her in a care home now, which is a great weight lifted.
Anyone reading this thread who may think that things aren`t quite right with their memory, please don`t just brush it under the carpet and get yourself checked out please.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Bloody dreaded disease. on 21:51 - Nov 1 with 863 viewsqpr_1968

Bloody dreaded disease. on 21:45 - Nov 1 by Sharpy36

My mum was diagnosed with dual Dementia nearly 3 years ago. Although we have gone through the forgot who we are stage, she has managed to live in her house with help from my brother, sister and myself. Two weeks ago she went walkabout in her pj`s and bare footed at 6am, fell up some stairs and fractured her jaw in two places. We have her in a care home now, which is a great weight lifted.
Anyone reading this thread who may think that things aren`t quite right with their memory, please don`t just brush it under the carpet and get yourself checked out please.

seconded.

Bloody dreaded disease. on 22:42 - Nov 1 with 813 viewsBoston

Bloody dreaded disease. on 21:45 - Nov 1 by Sharpy36

It'll be hard to know with me, I was born stupid.

Bloody dreaded disease. on 23:03 - Nov 1 with 787 viewskensalriser

Bloody dreaded disease. on 22:42 - Nov 1 by Boston

It'll be hard to know with me, I was born stupid.

We'll know you have a problem when you forget you're stupid...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bloody dreaded disease. on 23:20 - Nov 1 with 776 viewsloftboy

My mum is in the early stages, she’s 86.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bloody dreaded disease. on 00:00 - Nov 2 with 731 viewsBoston

Bloody dreaded disease. on 21:13 - Nov 1 by hantssi

Don’t disagree with you there Boston but my dad was diagnosed in his late 60’s and died at 79, which having watched it eat him up was actually a big relief.

The year that I was born the average life expectancy in the UK was 65, I think it's 81 now.

Bloody dreaded disease. on 09:23 - Nov 2 with 640 views2Thomas2Bowles

World wide Dementia in some form affects 1 in 3.

It's the No1 killer in UK over the last 5 years.

I wonder if it's somewhat genetic.

On my Mum side, all her sisters (5) lived or are in their late 80's no Dementia/Alzheimer's

My mum pasted 2 years ago (other reasons) at 79 and was sharp in mind.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 9:24]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Bloody dreaded disease. on 18:17 - Nov 2 with 551 viewsR_from_afar

Bloody dreaded disease. on 20:50 - Nov 1 by kensalriser

My dad died of it last year and I doubt he ever as much as kicked a football in his life, never mind headed one!

Now my mum's going the same way if something else doesn't get her first. I'm hoping for the latter, it's a rotten business watching it steal a person bit by bit.

So sorry to hear that. It's an evil thing. My mother in law has dementia and physically, she is fine, but she can hardly remember anything - including who her husband is most of the time - and she struggles to express herself.

The memory thing is so bad that she can't even get any pleasure out of reading any more because she can't remember the plot. That is a particularly bitter blow for her because reading was her main hobby.

A crumb of comfort is that music does still "get through" to her. She perks up when she hears tunes she knows and she can still remember the words.

Rooting for all of you affected by this disease.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bloody dreaded disease. on 22:46 - Nov 4 with 401 viewsqpr_1968

Bloody dreaded disease. on 18:17 - Nov 2 by R_from_afar

So sorry to hear that. It's an evil thing. My mother in law has dementia and physically, she is fine, but she can hardly remember anything - including who her husband is most of the time - and she struggles to express herself.

The memory thing is so bad that she can't even get any pleasure out of reading any more because she can't remember the plot. That is a particularly bitter blow for her because reading was her main hobby.

A crumb of comfort is that music does still "get through" to her. She perks up when she hears tunes she knows and she can still remember the words.

Rooting for all of you affected by this disease.

nice words R.

mother in law had it also, early stages with her were, every day was a monday.
alarm bells ring, time to act . even when caught early its a long slow process.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024