Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrow's referee 12:49 - Mar 8 with 931 viewsNorthernr

Hooper gets rearranged Wycombe game - Referee 8th Mar 2021 12:49
A third QPR appointment of the season for Premier League referee Simon Hooper on Tuesday night as Wycombe come to town. 1

Tomorrow's referee on 13:15 - Mar 8 with 882 viewsdenhamhoop2

Would not be my first choice of ref for Wycombe as he seems to favour the more physical teams. Could be worse could be Stroud or Ward
Tomorrow's referee on 13:20 - Mar 8 with 872 viewsbosh67

Hooper really is one of the best refs in the game and generally (discounting any Wycombe nightmares) one of the most solid and fairest refs around. Most games under his control seem to flow well and he doesn't particularly insert himself into situation unless he needs to. He was on the radio a few months and one thing I noticed is that he's very laid back but knows his stuff. Hopefully leads to a decent game fairly reffed.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tomorrow's referee on 17:08 - Mar 9 with 612 viewsPinnerPaul

Tomorrow's referee on 13:20 - Mar 8 by bosh67

Hooper really is one of the best refs in the game and generally (discounting any Wycombe nightmares) one of the most solid and fairest refs around. Most games under his control seem to flow well and he doesn't particularly insert himself into situation unless he needs to. He was on the radio a few months and one thing I noticed is that he's very laid back but knows his stuff. Hopefully leads to a decent game fairly reffed.

It WILL be 'fairly' reffed.

Will you agree with every decision, will I? Nope , but that doesn't make it 'unfair'

End of sermon - sorry!
Tomorrow's referee on 18:54 - Mar 9 with 573 viewsLongsufferingR

Tomorrow's referee on 17:08 - Mar 9 by PinnerPaul

It WILL be 'fairly' reffed.

Will you agree with every decision, will I? Nope , but that doesn't make it 'unfair'

End of sermon - sorry!

Fair intentions are different to fair actions.
Tomorrow's referee on 16:23 - Mar 10 with 514 viewsPinnerPaul

Tomorrow's referee on 18:54 - Mar 9 by LongsufferingR

Fair intentions are different to fair actions.

Fair = treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination.

So think if you do 1) (Intention) then that means you have done 2) (Action)

Just because you or me think those actions are 'wrong' doesn't make them unfair.
Tomorrow's referee on 17:57 - Mar 10 with 471 viewsLongsufferingR

Tomorrow's referee on 16:23 - Mar 10 by PinnerPaul

Fair = treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination.

So think if you do 1) (Intention) then that means you have done 2) (Action)

Just because you or me think those actions are 'wrong' doesn't make them unfair.

Nope. I'm sure every professional referee goes into a game intending to apply the laws fairly and even handedly to both sides. We all know that there occasions when they don't, eg one player is penalised for an offence but another is not for an identical offence in the same game. So, 1 certainly does not mean you have done 2.

Not suggesting that any refs are biased but inconsistency certainly does exist and that can result in unfairness.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 17:57]
Tomorrow's referee on 18:03 - Mar 10 with 459 viewsPinnerPaul

Tomorrow's referee on 17:57 - Mar 10 by LongsufferingR

Nope. I'm sure every professional referee goes into a game intending to apply the laws fairly and even handedly to both sides. We all know that there occasions when they don't, eg one player is penalised for an offence but another is not for an identical offence in the same game. So, 1 certainly does not mean you have done 2.

Not suggesting that any refs are biased but inconsistency certainly does exist and that can result in unfairness.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 17:57]

Inconsistency isn't unfairness.

One implies incompetence, one implies cheating.

Take your point about the outcomes being 'unfair' but that doesn't mean the ref has been 'unfair' I don't think.

Anyway just semantics really and the ref had a good game last nigh,. albeit as Clive said, a a fairly easy game (for this level) to ref.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 18:07]
Tomorrow's referee on 18:08 - Mar 10 with 445 viewsLongsufferingR

Tomorrow's referee on 18:03 - Mar 10 by PinnerPaul

Inconsistency isn't unfairness.

One implies incompetence, one implies cheating.

Take your point about the outcomes being 'unfair' but that doesn't mean the ref has been 'unfair' I don't think.

Anyway just semantics really and the ref had a good game last nigh,. albeit as Clive said, a a fairly easy game (for this level) to ref.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 18:07]

That's not what I said. I didn't say inconsistency WAS unfairness, I said it can RESULT IN unfairness, which I'm really not sure how you can deny.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024