Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This week's podcast 10:19 - Mar 31 with 1006 viewsNorthernr

Reading, Coventry and the fans forum under discussion this week.
I'm hosting, and it's long, you have been warned.

The never ending podcast - Podcast 31st Mar 2021 10:18
This week's Open All R's Podcast has a dramatic comeback from two down to three two up against Millwall to reflect on. 0

This week's podcast on 10:57 - Mar 31 with 961 viewsmikeygunn

Really enjoyed this Clive, great insight from Jim on some of the realities of the situation we are in but it was also still uplifting. A great listen as always. Not sure Finny mentioned Northern Ireland though which was a bit disappointing!!
This week's podcast on 12:22 - Mar 31 with 893 viewstoboboly

I know you don't like to Clive, and completely understand why, but you are the best host.

Thought the arguments from Jim were valid and would like the club to put the effort it does into the community side of things into the engagement side of things.

Regarding the Stan Bowles tribute I don't understand why we don't have a "wall of fame" on the outer walls with a plaque listing their achievements. Similar to Yankee Stadiums Memorial Park

https://www.google.com/search?q=yankee+stadium+monument+park&rlz=1C1GCEA_enG

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

This week's podcast on 12:39 - Mar 31 with 872 viewsdaveB

Jim was a great guest, always really interesting.

I emailed the club with the following idea for the Stan Bowles thing

I’d like to see the 4 main stands named after QPR legends, this could be done by a vote from QPR fans but would imagine the likes of Stan Bowles, Rodney Marsh, Alan Mcdonald, Gerry Francis and Alec Stock would be contenders.

On top of this I think it would be great if each individual block was named after a QPR legend so for instance instead of having block A, B, C etc. you would have fans sitting in the Paul Parker block or the Martin Rowlands block. This would allow more legends to be recognised and help make the stadium a celebration of the clubs history. Again it could be done by a vote of some form to get fans involved.

Fans coming to the ground could learn a bit more about the clubs history and it would be something that is transferable should the club get a new stadium in the future. You could have a picture at the entrance to the stand with some information about them maybe invite the player/manager and family along to open the block so to speak as you do with forever r’s.
This week's podcast on 12:42 - Mar 31 with 866 viewstoboboly

This week's podcast on 12:39 - Mar 31 by daveB

Jim was a great guest, always really interesting.

I emailed the club with the following idea for the Stan Bowles thing

I’d like to see the 4 main stands named after QPR legends, this could be done by a vote from QPR fans but would imagine the likes of Stan Bowles, Rodney Marsh, Alan Mcdonald, Gerry Francis and Alec Stock would be contenders.

On top of this I think it would be great if each individual block was named after a QPR legend so for instance instead of having block A, B, C etc. you would have fans sitting in the Paul Parker block or the Martin Rowlands block. This would allow more legends to be recognised and help make the stadium a celebration of the clubs history. Again it could be done by a vote of some form to get fans involved.

Fans coming to the ground could learn a bit more about the clubs history and it would be something that is transferable should the club get a new stadium in the future. You could have a picture at the entrance to the stand with some information about them maybe invite the player/manager and family along to open the block so to speak as you do with forever r’s.

Good idea re the stadium blocks. Although maybe keep Q, P and R as letters as otherwise we lose another song!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

This week's podcast on 13:48 - Mar 31 with 802 viewsPaddyhoops

This week's podcast on 10:57 - Mar 31 by mikeygunn

Really enjoyed this Clive, great insight from Jim on some of the realities of the situation we are in but it was also still uplifting. A great listen as always. Not sure Finny mentioned Northern Ireland though which was a bit disappointing!!

Finney did mention that "he was showing his age" though at least five times. Small gripe mind. He's always good value.
Jim talked a lot of sense and nicely hosted by Clive. Hour and half flew by!!
This week's podcast on 14:11 - Mar 31 with 780 viewsslmrstid

I like the idea of Legends Walls. When we were in Toronto in 2019 we took a walk to the football ground one day as I wanted to go see it. They had a big Legends wall on the outside of the main stand and one of the big plaques up there is for the man who scored the club's very first goal - Daniele Dichio...!
This week's podcast on 15:11 - Mar 31 with 743 viewsNov77

Always thought if they were doing a statue thing it should be of the three number tens that entertained us for 18 years and helped get us our first (and only major trophy) our first trip into Europe and to our first FA cup final. Marsh, Bowles and Currie. Three of the games greatest ever entertainers.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

This week's podcast on 00:20 - Apr 1 with 624 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks Clive

You were an excellent host

Time flew by

Jim was interesting too.

I think DaveB's idea has a lot of merit - in Australia a lot of the sporting grounds have stands, sections, bars and restaurants named after people important to that venue or club.
Login to get fewer ads

This week's podcast on 00:46 - Apr 1 with 604 viewscharmr

Roy Wegelre already has the staircases.

Met him in KC many moons ago and god him the story. Absolutely loved the story and a smashing fella. Always asked about me to my mate who worked in the early days with MLS.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024