Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nonsense 23:39 - May 2 with 1325 viewsqprxtc

Not a drunken diatribe on the futility of existence, however it probably is and I’m not drunk.

Why can’t writers of dramas ,that go in for years, get away with the bollocks that they do. Line of Duty started really well, like Walking Dead, Sopranos, Lost ( Christ what a load of shit that turned out to be).

Line of Duty is Dallas for the whatever decade this is. Much ado about bugger all. Good drama sacrificed for popularism and some phantom villan.

Breaking Bad did it all so much better, with clarity, good, dependable stories and a satisfying, well thought through ending.

Writers. Stop f ucking about and being “clever”, tell a story and end it properly. Otherwise f uck off.

I shall now get pi ssed.
Nonsense on 23:53 - May 2 with 1288 viewsqpr_1968

totally agree with all that, especially lost, oh, and i'll chuck prison break in as well.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Nonsense on 00:19 - May 3 with 1243 viewslightwaterhoop

Could'nt agree more ive watched more TV in the last year than in the previous thirty and TV seems to be made by people who think they are much much cleverer than their audience and want you to know it.They even ruin their own programmes by trying to drag the story out for hour upon hour so people just give up.Dont they realise that most people have only so much time to watch TV.
Nonsense on 00:20 - May 3 with 1242 viewsLythamR

The unfortunate result of commercial greed very few have the integrity to say enough is enough when wads of cash are waved
Nonsense on 00:21 - May 3 with 1241 viewslightwaterhoop

I will chuck in Better call Saul as well as Prison Break.
Nonsense on 00:34 - May 3 with 1219 viewsBoston

I don't share your pain...I don't watch much tv.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nonsense on 08:49 - May 3 with 1066 viewsLeedsR

Must be one of the few who hasn’t watched any Line of Duty.....shouldn’t I bother then?!?
[Post edited 3 May 2021 9:03]
Nonsense on 08:52 - May 3 with 1061 viewsJuzzie

During the time of tv being over saturated with so many long term series’s I decided to pick one and stick with it as i just didn’t have the time (or desire) to watch so many of them. So I picked Lost as it had just started.

Well, I quite enjoyed it to begin with but it just went on and on. Then there were writers strikes and when we eventually got to the series finale the pre-series episode with the writers, directors etc they were going on about how fantastic the ending was blah blah blah.

What a pile of turd. As others have said, insulting viewers intelligence (well, it is mainly an American audience I guess...apologies to our US fans on here).

What an utter cop-out. I bet they had no idea to begin with how it would end (big mistake, you must have a beginning, middle, end) and just made things up as they went along.

I haven’t watched any of Line of Duty, Breaking Bad, Tne Wire, Game of Thrones etc etc

[Post edited 3 May 2021 8:58]
Nonsense on 09:12 - May 3 with 1039 viewsLeedsR

Nonsense on 08:52 - May 3 by Juzzie

During the time of tv being over saturated with so many long term series’s I decided to pick one and stick with it as i just didn’t have the time (or desire) to watch so many of them. So I picked Lost as it had just started.

Well, I quite enjoyed it to begin with but it just went on and on. Then there were writers strikes and when we eventually got to the series finale the pre-series episode with the writers, directors etc they were going on about how fantastic the ending was blah blah blah.

What a pile of turd. As others have said, insulting viewers intelligence (well, it is mainly an American audience I guess...apologies to our US fans on here).

What an utter cop-out. I bet they had no idea to begin with how it would end (big mistake, you must have a beginning, middle, end) and just made things up as they went along.

I haven’t watched any of Line of Duty, Breaking Bad, Tne Wire, Game of Thrones etc etc

[Post edited 3 May 2021 8:58]

Out of your list there, I haven’t watched Breaking Bad either. I watched up to series 5 or 6 of Game of Thrones and I just got out of the swing of it and haven’t watched it through yet. Maybe I will someday.

The series that you’ve put that I did enjoy was The Wire. Took a bit of warming up (and the occasional subtitle!) but I found it to be well worth the effort. Very gritty and realistic. Based on the experiences of the writers, and the drama and tragedy feels real and not for it’s own sake or to score intellectual points with the viewer.
Login to get fewer ads

Nonsense on 09:16 - May 3 with 1029 viewsBerkoRanger

I like Midsomer Murders.....
Nonsense on 10:08 - May 3 with 959 viewsCiderwithRsie

The trouble is that few of them seem to know how they're going to end it, possibly because the aim of writers is to keep getting another season commissioned (completely understandable, it's tough making a living from writing) and the broadcasters want to keep a ratings success going as long as possible.

So often a great premise ends up with a "so what?" In fact I remember a 2-parter with Christopher Ecclestone playing the Second Coming of Christ purely because I didn't think the ending would live up to the start, but it did.

Conversely "How I Met Your Father" famously annoyed the hell out of its fans even though they knew right from the start how it'd end (and even recorded some of it because otherwise the teen actors would have grown up.) But it was sort of the same problem because they'd run on two or three seasons too long and had introduced plot lines which didn't really fit with the ending and had to do a screeching u-turn in the final episodes.
Nonsense on 10:50 - May 3 with 921 viewsEsox_Lucius

The Simpsons! How is Bart still 10 years old and Lisa only 8?

The grass is always greener.

Nonsense on 13:45 - May 3 with 851 viewsMick_S

Nonsense on 08:49 - May 3 by LeedsR

Must be one of the few who hasn’t watched any Line of Duty.....shouldn’t I bother then?!?
[Post edited 3 May 2021 9:03]

The series before this was very good and I’d say worth a look. There are lots of police ranks mentioned accompanied by the alphabet being put through the mangle; if you can work out what the feck they are on about you are a better man than me.

“Jesus, there’s only so much a man can take.”
[Post edited 3 May 2021 13:45]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Nonsense on 18:37 - May 3 with 756 viewsbollockchops

tap away lah
Nonsense on 19:17 - May 3 with 717 viewshoopsmark

Nonsense on 23:53 - May 2 by qpr_1968

totally agree with all that, especially lost, oh, and i'll chuck prison break in as well.

Too right,Prison Break load of shite......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024