Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two big gambles which did't succeed 17:03 - Mar 24 with 847 viewsPey

1) getting big names, never gelled a team and shove over the team spirit of last year, many of us here also guilty of that asking and pleading for so called PL experienced players and have a real laugh at Norwich and Swans for their so called underwhelming players bought.

2) hoping for the Sunderland effect and change the manager with another one and to find out that things have gone from worse to bad.

Next year its championship again and we have to start all over again with buying players we need instead of names.
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:16 - Mar 24 with 812 viewsbosh67

It's not looking good but perhaps Swansea are done for the season? perhaps WBA now safe won't hit the accelerator, perhaps we can surprise Tottenham and Stoke would have played 94 games by the time we play them. We have 8 games and we need 3 wins and a draw to stay up. After today that again looks almost impossible, but we do still have the games.

The reality is that playing so many games with ten men has taken its toll. Whatever happens we need to get back to having a squad of honest players who actually put in an honest shift, with a manager playing the right style and tactics.

That means trying as hard as possible to keep hold of the likes of Taraabt, Ephraim, Mackie, Derry, Hill, Smith, Faurlin, Helguson, Traore, Buzz, possibly Onuoha and Campbell and building a new team around that with some of the younger ones coming on. That's almost half a squad of players that can play properly and with the right coaching will perform.

I think Zamora, SWP, Barton, Young will all move on at the end of the season anyway, whether we stay up or go down. Shame that Cisse is a lunatic, he's been the one real game changer we've had, but sadly all too often now for the wrong reason.

Personally if it means going down again to get the right players with the right attitude and play the right type of football then I would be okay with that. If we do go down and hughes does move on then I would look at someone like Karl Robinson to come in. MK Dons play a breed of football we would enjoy watching and the players would enjoy playing. Young manager on the up playing the game the right way.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:19 - Mar 24 with 787 viewsW7Ranger

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:16 - Mar 24 by bosh67

It's not looking good but perhaps Swansea are done for the season? perhaps WBA now safe won't hit the accelerator, perhaps we can surprise Tottenham and Stoke would have played 94 games by the time we play them. We have 8 games and we need 3 wins and a draw to stay up. After today that again looks almost impossible, but we do still have the games.

The reality is that playing so many games with ten men has taken its toll. Whatever happens we need to get back to having a squad of honest players who actually put in an honest shift, with a manager playing the right style and tactics.

That means trying as hard as possible to keep hold of the likes of Taraabt, Ephraim, Mackie, Derry, Hill, Smith, Faurlin, Helguson, Traore, Buzz, possibly Onuoha and Campbell and building a new team around that with some of the younger ones coming on. That's almost half a squad of players that can play properly and with the right coaching will perform.

I think Zamora, SWP, Barton, Young will all move on at the end of the season anyway, whether we stay up or go down. Shame that Cisse is a lunatic, he's been the one real game changer we've had, but sadly all too often now for the wrong reason.

Personally if it means going down again to get the right players with the right attitude and play the right type of football then I would be okay with that. If we do go down and hughes does move on then I would look at someone like Karl Robinson to come in. MK Dons play a breed of football we would enjoy watching and the players would enjoy playing. Young manager on the up playing the game the right way.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Good post bosh.
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:21 - Mar 24 with 769 viewsTGRRRSSS

Shame we can't tweet it to Fernandes and his HUghes love in. I'd get Connolly back from Fakes as well be valuable next season.
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:24 - Mar 24 with 766 viewsPizanti

Unfortunately TF has shot himself in the foot with both gambles ...paying huge wages on both counts ...players and possibly Hughes are only here for the money they couldn't give a fark about QPR or what happens to us in the future! ...look at Pompey now and all the great players they had a couple of years ago ...do the likes of Defoe, Crouch, Redknapp give a fark about them? ..,shouldn't think so they've all moved on to their next pay days ...do you think the likes of SWP, Barton, Cisse give a fark about us when we're in the Championship ...no farking chance! ...Cisse probably never even heard of us until a couple of months ago!
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:29 - Mar 24 with 750 viewsbosh67

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:24 - Mar 24 by Pizanti

Unfortunately TF has shot himself in the foot with both gambles ...paying huge wages on both counts ...players and possibly Hughes are only here for the money they couldn't give a fark about QPR or what happens to us in the future! ...look at Pompey now and all the great players they had a couple of years ago ...do the likes of Defoe, Crouch, Redknapp give a fark about them? ..,shouldn't think so they've all moved on to their next pay days ...do you think the likes of SWP, Barton, Cisse give a fark about us when we're in the Championship ...no farking chance! ...Cisse probably never even heard of us until a couple of months ago!

Everyone is getting hung up on big wage players killing us financially in the Championship. If we go down Barton, SWP, Cisse, Zamora etc will all move on. They won't hang around and their agents are probably already drawing up their list to ship them to Blackburn, WBA etc etc.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:33 - Mar 24 with 733 viewsPizanti

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:29 - Mar 24 by bosh67

Everyone is getting hung up on big wage players killing us financially in the Championship. If we go down Barton, SWP, Cisse, Zamora etc will all move on. They won't hang around and their agents are probably already drawing up their list to ship them to Blackburn, WBA etc etc.

Not getting hung up on the wages ...like you say they will move on that's why they don't give a fark now! ...Bolton, Blackburn & Wigans players won't be moving on if they get relegated so they probably give more of a fark about what happens to their club than our lot do!
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:34 - Mar 24 with 726 viewsNov77

Whose going to pay Barton £80k a week?
We can't sell him if he refuses to go.
Another rowan vine situation, and he could be very unsettling behind the scenes.

I think one thing most of us agree on is the need for a completely fresh start, get rid of all the high earners and go back to what we had last season, players who all care about the club, the fans and each other.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:34 - Mar 24 with 726 viewsPizanti

Not getting hung up on the wages ...like you say they will move on that's why they don't give a fark now! ...Bolton, Blackburn & Wigans players won't be moving on if they get relegated so they probably give more of a fark about what happens to their club than our lot do!
Login to get fewer ads

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:41 - Mar 24 with 700 viewsbosh67

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:34 - Mar 24 by Pizanti

That's why whatever happens we need to keep the honest players that do care and reward them by putting other players around them with the same enthusiasm. Derry, Hill, Mackie and even Adel must be getting sick of watching so called big time players let them down on a relatively regular basis. Ship them out and our mojo will return, even if that is in the next league down again.

Never knowingly right.

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:48 - Mar 24 with 678 viewsBromleyHoop

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:33 - Mar 24 by Pizanti

Stop behaving like a big girls blouse. Of course they don't care! Why should they? It's a feckin' job and that is all. They want to do well at their job, they don't want to lose and they don't want to get relegated, but they don't care about the club. They are mercenaries. The sooner you realise this the better. If someone chooses to pay then ridiculous amounts of money every week then lucky them.

I think there's every chance that Joey Barton will stay with us next year. Who else is going to pay him that amount of money when he's had such a terrible season?

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 19:01 - Mar 24 with 614 viewsTGRRRSSS

Blackburn won't be interested apparently Kean has a list of players he can and can't pick on a game by game basis sent by a financial officer of some sort.
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 20:25 - Mar 24 with 555 viewsRangersAreBack

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 19:01 - Mar 24 by TGRRRSSS

Blackburn won't be interested apparently Kean has a list of players he can and can't pick on a game by game basis sent by a financial officer of some sort.

Let's start with selling Kaspars Gorkks. The blame for that lies squarely with Neil Warnock.
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 20:29 - Mar 24 with 550 viewsbaz_qpr

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 17:34 - Mar 24 by Nov77

Whose going to pay Barton £80k a week?
We can't sell him if he refuses to go.
Another rowan vine situation, and he could be very unsettling behind the scenes.

I think one thing most of us agree on is the need for a completely fresh start, get rid of all the high earners and go back to what we had last season, players who all care about the club, the fans and each other.

We get a huge amount of money next year and the year after
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 22:23 - Mar 24 with 495 viewsSpiritofGregory

Barton was happy to stay at Newcastle on 60k a week when they were relegated. Can't see anyone paying him anywhere near 80K when he has been so disruptive and average.

We are stuck with the lunatic. If I was the club I would do the same as Ashley and announce that he is available on a free transfer.
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 22:49 - Mar 24 with 475 viewscollegeranger

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 22:23 - Mar 24 by SpiritofGregory

Barton was happy to stay at Newcastle on 60k a week when they were relegated. Can't see anyone paying him anywhere near 80K when he has been so disruptive and average.

We are stuck with the lunatic. If I was the club I would do the same as Ashley and announce that he is available on a free transfer.

It's speculation he is on £80K - I think its more like $60K that he was on at Newcastle and judging by his form thats why Newcastle declined spending that again on him. Its still a fark of a lot of money but if he is told to stick to being a defensive midfielder and keep the passes on the money he will like he did at Newcastle ride it out in the Championship. First thing I would do is is take the captaincy away and give it to Hill or Derry - I think they are the only ones capable of captaining him and he needs to be told what to do, but only by those he respects.
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 23:48 - Mar 24 with 443 viewsderbyhoop

Let's assume we do go down, which is not a certainty.

There's going to be a massive clear out, anyway. There's about 13 players out of contract. I struggle to see any being retained.
Taiwo and Diakite are on loan. We won't make those deal permanent in the Championship.
Zamora, Cisse and probably another 2 (from Ferdinand, SWP, Barton, Adel, Onouha, Young) will be out the door before the start of next season.
You'll have a core left behind which ought to be good enough to finish top half of the Championship. 1 or 2 bits of quality, e.g Taraabt staying and a striker coming in, and we could well mount a challenge.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 07:58 - Mar 25 with 378 viewsVish

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 23:48 - Mar 24 by derbyhoop

Let's assume we do go down, which is not a certainty.

There's going to be a massive clear out, anyway. There's about 13 players out of contract. I struggle to see any being retained.
Taiwo and Diakite are on loan. We won't make those deal permanent in the Championship.
Zamora, Cisse and probably another 2 (from Ferdinand, SWP, Barton, Adel, Onouha, Young) will be out the door before the start of next season.
You'll have a core left behind which ought to be good enough to finish top half of the Championship. 1 or 2 bits of quality, e.g Taraabt staying and a striker coming in, and we could well mount a challenge.

There is no way Tarrabt will be with us next season
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 08:30 - Mar 25 with 355 viewsTGRRRSSS

Taarabt has hardly ripped up trees at this level, he's had the odd decent game but how many goals and assists this season?
Will someone make an offer - maybe but who?
Anyone that would interest him? Man UNited, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona?
No he'd be lucky if someone like PSG came in for him really.
Who he'd go to I'm sure, but otherwise can't see a top Premiership side being interested? I guess at a push Fergie might take a gamble, but has Taarabt got the attitude to be a small fish ina huge pond?
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 08:41 - Mar 25 with 344 viewsJamie

Taarabt didn't want to be with us in the Championship, he spent last summer house hunting in Paris and will be off this summer for a lot less than Flav held out for from PSG.

As to where, PSG are above his level but the same family own Malaga so they'd be a good shout. If not a move back to France.
Two big gambles which did't succeed on 08:50 - Mar 25 with 338 viewsCamberleyR

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 20:29 - Mar 24 by baz_qpr

We get a huge amount of money next year and the year after

The parachute payments are not over two seasons anymore. It's £12m a season over four seasons. So Barton's alleged wages would swallow up at least a quarter of that.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 09:10 - Mar 25 with 320 viewsPey

Two big gambles which did't succeed on 08:30 - Mar 25 by TGRRRSSS

Taarabt has hardly ripped up trees at this level, he's had the odd decent game but how many goals and assists this season?
Will someone make an offer - maybe but who?
Anyone that would interest him? Man UNited, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona?
No he'd be lucky if someone like PSG came in for him really.
Who he'd go to I'm sure, but otherwise can't see a top Premiership side being interested? I guess at a push Fergie might take a gamble, but has Taarabt got the attitude to be a small fish ina huge pond?

Sadly i have to agree your view about Taarabt.
Expected him to shine in the PL.
Some games we did see his brilliance but overall too little to say he made an impact.

For me only Hill, Helgusson and Faurlin raised to the occasion called PL.
Letting Gorkss leave wasn't the brightest decision.
Gorkss and Hill as CB would have done not much worse of a job then any other combination of Ferdinand and others.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024