Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zamora 17:09 - Mar 31 with 1221 viewsWeaverQPR

What a player his hold up play was something special today.

@WeavQPR

Zamora on 17:09 - Mar 31 with 1220 viewsTheBlob

Yup.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Zamora on 17:20 - Mar 31 with 1174 viewsade_qpr

yep great game still trying to decide between him and Adel for MOM.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Zamora on 17:30 - Mar 31 with 1142 viewscheeseydane

Probaly the best lone man performance ive seen for a while.

I love HH, but today was quality.

Having both of them next season fills me with confidence whatever divsion we are in.

MOM for me.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Zamora on 17:52 - Mar 31 with 1096 viewsBlackCrowe

So many outstanding performances - pick any from Anton, Adel, Hill, Tiakate, Zamora. Barton, Derry, Taiwo....in fact there simply wasn't a below par player. Keep that up and we stay up...ATAF.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Zamora on 17:57 - Mar 31 with 1079 viewsEalingRanger

Textbook performance of that role, particularly in the first 35 mins or so when he ran Arsenal's centre-halves into the ground.
Zamora on 17:59 - Mar 31 with 1070 viewsCharlie1

Zamora on 17:52 - Mar 31 by BlackCrowe

So many outstanding performances - pick any from Anton, Adel, Hill, Tiakate, Zamora. Barton, Derry, Taiwo....in fact there simply wasn't a below par player. Keep that up and we stay up...ATAF.

Agreed
Best ever lone man role I've ever seen. Clever re interaction with ref and lino.

My mom but others ran him close

2:59 baby!

Zamora on 18:01 - Mar 31 with 1054 viewsNW5Hoop

Fella behind me was moaning and moaning about him. He was an idiot though. Exemplary performance - requiring 90 minutes of very hard work with little likelihood of personal reward.
Zamora on 18:07 - Mar 31 with 1041 viewsQPR_Nippon

Tag-line for BZ's performance today: You don't need to score to be a match-winning centre-forward
Login to get fewer ads

Zamora on 18:12 - Mar 31 with 1014 viewsCharlie1

He set the tone with his work rate. Incredible performance.

Don't under estimate his premiership experience. By that I mean, clever play, wins free kicks and gets the ref / lino on his side. Always in there ear.

2:59 baby!

Zamora on 18:15 - Mar 31 with 1001 viewsWeaverQPR

I know its a big statement but i think he is probably the best number 52 ive ever seen down Rangers.

@WeavQPR

Zamora on 18:25 - Mar 31 with 966 viewsJoolzz

Thought he was fantastic 1st 60,then started looking knackered after...made up for it with slowing game down,and loved how he ran over to far side when he knew he was being subbed,,,,and god arent Arse fans fickle,they were slating their team!
Zamora on 20:22 - Mar 31 with 817 viewsRed_Ranger

Incredible hold up play. Looked class.
Zamora on 20:27 - Mar 31 with 786 viewsBklynRanger

He bullied the fcuk out of Arsenal's central defenders in that first half - a real pleasure to watch.

I was worried when SWP was brought on for him because he also gives us a lot defending set pieces and corners, but all's well that ends well.
Zamora on 20:49 - Mar 31 with 750 viewsthemodfather

Zamora on 20:27 - Mar 31 by BklynRanger

He bullied the fcuk out of Arsenal's central defenders in that first half - a real pleasure to watch.

I was worried when SWP was brought on for him because he also gives us a lot defending set pieces and corners, but all's well that ends well.

he does well but needs to learn when the nudge in the back is worth a free kick and go down, like he's been hurt by an exocet!
Zamora on 20:57 - Mar 31 with 728 viewsShotKneesHoop

Zamora on 18:15 - Mar 31 by WeaverQPR

I know its a big statement but i think he is probably the best number 52 ive ever seen down Rangers.

Real class comment. Still giggling.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Zamora on 21:16 - Mar 31 with 684 viewsN12Hoop

Thought he was awesome today and could really see why he was good signing. His strength and hold up play was first class and Arsenal couldn't cope with him. He also adds som much extra presence when defending set pieces. Could have been a costly error taking him off because of his effectiveness at running down the clock. There were many impressive performances today, but he was outstanding.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Zamora on 00:04 - Apr 1 with 611 viewsBushman

MOM immense.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Zamora on 00:10 - Apr 1 with 595 viewsFearless

Zamora on 18:07 - Mar 31 by QPR_Nippon

Tag-line for BZ's performance today: You don't need to score to be a match-winning centre-forward

But it would be nice if you shot now and again

Twice today he laid it off instead of shooting - churlish I know, but that's how I saw it
Zamora on 00:12 - Apr 1 with 589 viewsKiwi76

Selfless performance created chances for likes of Mackie & Tarbs by unsettling their CB's. Shame didn't get that header first half as performance warranted a goal.
Lot to be happy about today
Zamora on 00:12 - Apr 1 with 589 viewsel_weirdo

Zamora on 20:57 - Mar 31 by ShotKneesHoop

Real class comment. Still giggling.

^This.

Also still chuckling.
Zamora on 00:28 - Apr 1 with 568 viewsNeil_SI

He played very well today. It's not easy up there on your own, and I thought his off the ball work and positioning was a lot better than previously.

I still think he can be a bit dozy sometimes though. In the opening two minutes, Adel Taarabt tried playing him in twice with clever through balls, but he was so flat footed that he didn't even bother making the run and had to apologise on both occasions.

Similarly when Jamie Mackie broke away (I think it was for Samba Diakité's goal or maybe Joey Barton's shot that was well saved) he had a chance to square it to Zamora, but Zamora never looked interested and didn't make any real effort or show desire to get on the end of it.

It's that what I find a bit strange (and have seen him do that in other games), but maybe he's reluctant to put himself in those situations that are key chances. Other than that, he was excellent in everything else he did, particularly when he was on the ball and won the aerial dual for the majority. He was obviously tiring towards the end having had to put a shift in up top on his own, so maybe that impacted his energy levels a bit in terms of getting on the end of that latter chance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024