Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another new stadium thread 07:27 - May 16 with 4207 viewsHayesender

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4929126/Tony-Fernandes-Air-A

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Another new stadium thread on 07:28 - May 16 with 3310 viewsGloucs_R

£150m seems very cheap?!?!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Another new stadium thread on 08:15 - May 16 with 3178 viewsTheBlob

Another new stadium thread on 07:28 - May 16 by Gloucs_R

£150m seems very cheap?!?!

150 parts sand to 1 of cement.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Another new stadium thread on 08:25 - May 16 with 3146 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another new stadium thread on 08:15 - May 16 by TheBlob

150 parts sand to 1 of cement.

Good work, son!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Another new stadium thread on 08:31 - May 16 with 3119 viewsQPR_John

The new stadium to be called Air Asia is hardly earth shattering news
Another new stadium thread on 08:38 - May 16 with 3086 viewsJamie

#journalism.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Another new stadium thread on 08:39 - May 16 with 3080 viewshoof_hearted

Another new stadium thread on 08:31 - May 16 by QPR_John

It's action rather than words (although it hasn't actually happened yet!)

It shows a long term commitment and it's also likely to be one of the only ways of subsidising a club within the financial fair play rules.

It could be one of the most significant statements yet from Fernandes.
Another new stadium thread on 08:41 - May 16 with 3065 viewsdanehoop

With our current luck it will collapse due to unexpected side effect of shale gas fracking in Blackpool which unearthed a previously unknown fault line between Lancashire and North West London.

Never knowingly understood

Another new stadium thread on 08:47 - May 16 with 3046 viewsWokingR

Another new stadium thread on 08:31 - May 16 by QPR_John

And will presumably become known as the Erasure Stadium with us all having to sing "Have a Little Respect" before kick off
Login to get fewer ads

Another new stadium thread on 09:16 - May 16 with 2954 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'd prefer the Mittalica stadium

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Another new stadium thread on 09:20 - May 16 with 2945 viewsTheBlob

Another new stadium thread on 09:16 - May 16 by Metallica_Hoop

I'd prefer the Mittalica stadium

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Another new stadium thread on 09:26 - May 16 with 2919 viewsNorthernr

That smacks of having a NIB box to fill and a deadline approaching. Even your average Sun reader must read that and think 'no sht Sherlock'.
Another new stadium thread on 11:10 - May 16 with 2758 viewsJuzzie

I did the stadium tour the morning of the Newcastle game and it's clear we need a new ground. As much as we love Loftus Road it's clearly outdated and was not designed with 21st Century football in mind (that's not a criticism, just an observation).

Media centre too small
Corporate (whether we like it or not) eating areas too small
Opposition hospitality area too small
Radio room too small
TV interview rooms too small
All changing rooms (inc refs) too small

and so on.

Of course, that's all about off-the-field matters (and I exclude the fans stands in that).

I know architects have to abide by the Taylor Report and a whole plethora of other H&S etc requirements but I think it's vital the design isn't just another identi-kit single tiered bowl.

Though I despise everything MK Dons stand for, I actually quite liked the ground. Double tired and big concourse areas where the fans can easily mingle, chat, get food & drink etc without elbowing each other in narrow walkways.

Sight-lines seemed OK to me and plenty of legroom for the vertically unchallened amongst us.

Keeping the fans close to the pitch too is paramount. Juve's new ground does just this. They seemed to have moved away from the traditional European ground with running track and the fans miles from the pitch. Maybe they understand that as in England, having the fans close to the pitch improves the experience rather than hindering it.

Some imagination and individuality must surely be designed in.

Another new stadium thread on 11:17 - May 16 with 2737 viewsMetallica_Hoop

With hoops

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Another new stadium thread on 11:21 - May 16 with 2719 viewsGloucs_R

Another new stadium thread on 11:10 - May 16 by Juzzie

I did the stadium tour the morning of the Newcastle game and it's clear we need a new ground. As much as we love Loftus Road it's clearly outdated and was not designed with 21st Century football in mind (that's not a criticism, just an observation).

Media centre too small
Corporate (whether we like it or not) eating areas too small
Opposition hospitality area too small
Radio room too small
TV interview rooms too small
All changing rooms (inc refs) too small

and so on.

Of course, that's all about off-the-field matters (and I exclude the fans stands in that).

I know architects have to abide by the Taylor Report and a whole plethora of other H&S etc requirements but I think it's vital the design isn't just another identi-kit single tiered bowl.

Though I despise everything MK Dons stand for, I actually quite liked the ground. Double tired and big concourse areas where the fans can easily mingle, chat, get food & drink etc without elbowing each other in narrow walkways.

Sight-lines seemed OK to me and plenty of legroom for the vertically unchallened amongst us.

Keeping the fans close to the pitch too is paramount. Juve's new ground does just this. They seemed to have moved away from the traditional European ground with running track and the fans miles from the pitch. Maybe they understand that as in England, having the fans close to the pitch improves the experience rather than hindering it.

Some imagination and individuality must surely be designed in.

The trophy room is too small!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Another new stadium thread on 11:22 - May 16 with 2716 viewstoboboly

Those running ttrack bits should go though. Have the first row right on the pitch as it is now, moves everyone 10ft nearer.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Another new stadium thread on 11:23 - May 16 with 2709 viewsNorthernr

Another new stadium thread on 11:21 - May 16 by Gloucs_R

They opened the cabinet last night to stick the youth trophy in and all they found in there was Gianni''s mysterious lost comfort letter from Argentina over the Faurlin deal.
Another new stadium thread on 11:56 - May 16 with 2637 viewsJuzzie

Another new stadium thread on 11:21 - May 16 by Gloucs_R

Yeah, I purposely left that bit out

Did get to hold the League Cup. It's very small.

Another new stadium thread on 18:28 - May 16 with 2343 viewsderbyhoop

Another new stadium thread on 11:23 - May 16 by Northernr

They opened the cabinet last night to stick the youth trophy in and all they found in there was Gianni''s mysterious lost comfort letter from Argentina over the Faurlin deal.

Cynic.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Another new stadium thread on 22:40 - May 16 with 2187 viewsWanderR

The Air Asia Arena (for sponsorship purposes) sounds a lot better than the Air Asia Stadium; "QPR at the Triple A!" etc..

Current location: OX10

Another new stadium thread on 10:11 - May 17 with 1987 viewsellersliehoop

Another new stadium thread on 22:40 - May 16 by WanderR

The Air Asia Arena (for sponsorship purposes) sounds a lot better than the Air Asia Stadium; "QPR at the Triple A!" etc..

Where the hell is going to be though?

I'm thinking somewhere off the M40?
Another new stadium thread on 10:26 - May 17 with 1957 viewsdoogi55

Another new stadium thread on 10:11 - May 17 by ellersliehoop

should have the same as ajax stadium round at the away end to put a stage in for concerts also away supports further away from the pitch home end riight on top of the goal
Another new stadium thread on 10:27 - May 17 with 1954 viewsTW_R

Another new stadium thread on 22:40 - May 16 by WanderR

As long as it's not called the Air Asia Rangers Stadium. I don't fancy sitting in the AARS every match!
Another new stadium thread on 10:39 - May 17 with 1927 viewsJuzzie

Another new stadium thread on 10:11 - May 17 by ellersliehoop

On the site of the Linford Christie stadium I reckon. I reckon the LCS will be redevolped side-by-side of the new ground stadium.

Another new stadium thread on 14:53 - May 17 with 1782 viewsIngham

Calling it Air Asia will benefit Air Asia, not QPR.

Fernandes has already said that QPR will be a tenant. The OWNER gets the sponsorship money. Not the tenant. That is what a Tenant is. The one who pays.

The Tenant merely pays for it all. If it costs £150 million, QPR will pay £150 million. The 'Olympic Stadium' is such a winner they had to get a medium-sized, chronically unsuccessful, East End football club to cover the costs of keeping it open.

While the cowboys ride off with £70 million from the sale of Upton Park.

Shows great pride in QPR, doesn't it? A so-called 'business' that names its headquarters after some OTHER business.

Football clubs are not businesses, they are resources. Once these chancers, like the losers on the pitch and in the dug-out, have drained off the Club's money, they'll be off, like all their predecessors before them.

Leaving behind, if this lunacy goes ahead, no assets, just debts.

And the debts are still rising.

Even if the stadium is shrinking. 35,000 now. I suppose we should tell ourselves that it makes more sense than 45,000. If Man Utd aren't proposing to move to a Ground which holds THREE TIMES the Club's average attendance over the last however many decades, it hardly made sense for QPR to do so.

35,000? Well, we usually averaged 35,000 every week at Loftus Road in the old days. When the Ground did barely hold 35,000.

So that's all right. With our record-breaking Premiership team, and one of the most expensive managers in the world - he must be the least successful ever on his kind of money - as Bhatia said 'the sky's the limit'.

Forget the stadium. Thompson put extra seats in, and made the place more cramped than it was. It shouldn't be beyond even Fernandes's range of thought to create a little more legroom.

And when we've achieved mastery of THE GAME, in other words, when we can PLAY brilliantly, year in, year out, and recruit players who can perform, rather than simply paying them AS IF they can perform, our successes will tell us exactly how good we are.

As things stand, Loftus Road is perfect for QPR. It isn't a big Club stadium, but we're not a big Club. It may be dated, but at least it exists, unlike any discernible ability to PLAY the game.

When we have the sort of waiting list that Arsenal had when they moved (after 70 years in which they won the League title in every decade while we've failed to manage one win a month) then we'll know what sort of attendances we can expect.

Letting a bunch of complete losers do as they please with the Club's money - not one of them has put a single penny into the Club, it is all losses, and it is the Club's money which is being lost - is not a sane alternative to starting from the beginning and LEARNING TO PLAY.

I don't say 'play well', even. Few teams can play well more than occasionally. One only has to to look at the history of the Premiership, where one man won more than all the other Clubs in the four divisions put together, to see that virtually nobody knows how to achieve success and to sustain it.

Fernandes said that there are Clubs in League One with bigger grounds than QPR.

Exactly.

And the Clubs with bigger grounds than QPR are invariably playing in stadiums with LOWER capacities than they used to have. City's is half the size, Chelsea's too. Liverpool the same, and United, if their record attendance is any guide. Even poor old Reading are playing in a much-vaunted ground which is smaller than the old Elm Park (before they let it fall apart).

They've all shrunk their capacity so the stadium size more nearly matches the Clubs' actual support. Except for QPR. Fernandes is proposing to expand ours to beyond what we managed in 1975-76, when our final home game with Leeds saw QPR top of the table.

An interesting comparison when we consider that the 31,000 who turned up then was still nowhere near the 35,000 Leeds United attracted two years before, in the final game, at Loftus Road, when THEY were top.

Start with the football basics. Learn to pass the ball. Even better, work out how to get it.

Then we'll find how easy it is to send attendances soaring.
Another new stadium thread on 15:01 - May 17 with 1759 viewsPommyhoop

Another new stadium thread on 14:53 - May 17 by Ingham

Calling it Air Asia will benefit Air Asia, not QPR.

Fernandes has already said that QPR will be a tenant. The OWNER gets the sponsorship money. Not the tenant. That is what a Tenant is. The one who pays.

The Tenant merely pays for it all. If it costs £150 million, QPR will pay £150 million. The 'Olympic Stadium' is such a winner they had to get a medium-sized, chronically unsuccessful, East End football club to cover the costs of keeping it open.

While the cowboys ride off with £70 million from the sale of Upton Park.

Shows great pride in QPR, doesn't it? A so-called 'business' that names its headquarters after some OTHER business.

Football clubs are not businesses, they are resources. Once these chancers, like the losers on the pitch and in the dug-out, have drained off the Club's money, they'll be off, like all their predecessors before them.

Leaving behind, if this lunacy goes ahead, no assets, just debts.

And the debts are still rising.

Even if the stadium is shrinking. 35,000 now. I suppose we should tell ourselves that it makes more sense than 45,000. If Man Utd aren't proposing to move to a Ground which holds THREE TIMES the Club's average attendance over the last however many decades, it hardly made sense for QPR to do so.

35,000? Well, we usually averaged 35,000 every week at Loftus Road in the old days. When the Ground did barely hold 35,000.

So that's all right. With our record-breaking Premiership team, and one of the most expensive managers in the world - he must be the least successful ever on his kind of money - as Bhatia said 'the sky's the limit'.

Forget the stadium. Thompson put extra seats in, and made the place more cramped than it was. It shouldn't be beyond even Fernandes's range of thought to create a little more legroom.

And when we've achieved mastery of THE GAME, in other words, when we can PLAY brilliantly, year in, year out, and recruit players who can perform, rather than simply paying them AS IF they can perform, our successes will tell us exactly how good we are.

As things stand, Loftus Road is perfect for QPR. It isn't a big Club stadium, but we're not a big Club. It may be dated, but at least it exists, unlike any discernible ability to PLAY the game.

When we have the sort of waiting list that Arsenal had when they moved (after 70 years in which they won the League title in every decade while we've failed to manage one win a month) then we'll know what sort of attendances we can expect.

Letting a bunch of complete losers do as they please with the Club's money - not one of them has put a single penny into the Club, it is all losses, and it is the Club's money which is being lost - is not a sane alternative to starting from the beginning and LEARNING TO PLAY.

I don't say 'play well', even. Few teams can play well more than occasionally. One only has to to look at the history of the Premiership, where one man won more than all the other Clubs in the four divisions put together, to see that virtually nobody knows how to achieve success and to sustain it.

Fernandes said that there are Clubs in League One with bigger grounds than QPR.

Exactly.

And the Clubs with bigger grounds than QPR are invariably playing in stadiums with LOWER capacities than they used to have. City's is half the size, Chelsea's too. Liverpool the same, and United, if their record attendance is any guide. Even poor old Reading are playing in a much-vaunted ground which is smaller than the old Elm Park (before they let it fall apart).

They've all shrunk their capacity so the stadium size more nearly matches the Clubs' actual support. Except for QPR. Fernandes is proposing to expand ours to beyond what we managed in 1975-76, when our final home game with Leeds saw QPR top of the table.

An interesting comparison when we consider that the 31,000 who turned up then was still nowhere near the 35,000 Leeds United attracted two years before, in the final game, at Loftus Road, when THEY were top.

Start with the football basics. Learn to pass the ball. Even better, work out how to get it.

Then we'll find how easy it is to send attendances soaring.

Great post Ingham.
Loved the last bit ,after 'Exactly'.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024