Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Victor is Innocent! 07:30 - Nov 7 with 8116 views18StoneOfHoop

Twas my favourite comic when an also innocent boy!

Alf Tupper aka The Legendary Tough of The Track often ran at the the old White City.Favourite post race meal - fish and chips - but only on yesterday's newspaper!

When I spoke to a dear old diminutive mutual friend (63) of a lot of us - another big comic book fan - he told me it (that private auction) was happening around now - maybe already happened on Monday 4th actually - on E-Bay in the merseyside area. Anybody got any news please notify me by pm.

Please be very careful what you write on here. The walls have ears~loose lips sink ships~careless talk costs lives~there's always someone watching,knowwarrimean?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2013 7:54]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Victor is Innocent! on 07:48 - Nov 7 with 8084 views18StoneOfHoop

100% innocent for the love of Victor! Should be released - I don't know on what label - on all charges.
Trust me - for once I know what I'm talking about.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2013 15:39]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Victor is Innocent! on 08:17 - Nov 7 with 8017 viewsPommyhoop

Big Vern and Cockney W@nker. London Legends amongst a horde of Northerners..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Victor is Innocent! on 09:02 - Nov 7 with 7971 viewspomanjou

Victor is Innocent! on 07:48 - Nov 7 by 18StoneOfHoop

100% innocent for the love of Victor! Should be released - I don't know on what label - on all charges.
Trust me - for once I know what I'm talking about.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2013 15:39]

Good old Alf. I knew him when he was a young boy playing for the ROVER before he transferred to the VICTOR. That was about the same time as BRADDOCK the famous flyer was dashing around in his bomber. Late 40's I guess.

ROVER and WIZARD were my fave's then the MEKON arrived.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Victor is Innocent! on 09:27 - Nov 7 with 7943 viewsMelakaRanger

Saturday down the newsagent

The Victor and The Hotspur

Alf Tupper - what a guy. Represented Tristan da Cunha I seem to recall

V is for Vengence - great war stories

But my dad always used to nick my Victor and take it to his 'Reading Room'.............................................................
Victor is Innocent! on 09:39 - Nov 7 with 7925 viewsMetallica_Hoop

VIctor Looks Awesome, never really into comics but I liked this.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Victor is Innocent! on 09:41 - Nov 7 with 7922 viewsisawqpratwcity

Victor is Innocent! on 09:27 - Nov 7 by MelakaRanger

Saturday down the newsagent

The Victor and The Hotspur

Alf Tupper - what a guy. Represented Tristan da Cunha I seem to recall

V is for Vengence - great war stories

But my dad always used to nick my Victor and take it to his 'Reading Room'.............................................................

I am not worthy to be on the same intellectual site as you lot. Beano and Dandy for me.

(Loved the war comics, though. I could draw almost any piece of British, American or German WWII ordnance.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Victor is Innocent! on 09:43 - Nov 7 with 7917 viewsTheBlob

Had the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers in it.

[Post edited 7 Nov 2013 9:47]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Victor is Innocent! on 09:47 - Nov 7 with 7907 views18StoneOfHoop

Ah foo kit with my attempted subtlety!

Seems to have flown above a few heads

I just wanna know.

The legendary great wee fella on the right pictured with Martin Rowlands - for me is Rangers Fan No.1,it's quite simply his life. He'd do anything to sort out or help any other Rangers fan in need - was on trial on Merseyside on I think Monday but deffo this week about the events outside Goodison on April 13th 2013.

I last saw him in The Egerton on the day of the Yeovil game when his son was desperately trying to sort a stream out on his laptop -no good- so we ended up listening to events from Huish Park on 94.9 hooked up via the pc to the pub speakers. He was optimistic and said he had a good QPR supporting brief. Up until April 13th 2013 he had missed something like one Rangers game in over 40 years.
The court case has finished so discussion about the case is not sub judice therefore I'm pretty sure this gets no-one at LFW Towers or any punters who sail on her in trouble.

Anyone got any news? Please spill ,by PM if need be.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2013 10:02]

Login to get fewer ads

Victor is Innocent! on 09:53 - Nov 7 with 7886 viewspomanjou

Matt Braddock, VC and bar, is a fictional World War II bomber pilot who first appeared in prose adventures the story paper The Rover in 1952, and later as a comic strip in The Victor (1961-83) and Warlord (1974).[1] Some of his stories were published in book form as I Flew With Braddock.

Braddock was known for his fearless nature, superb piloting skills and no-nonsense attitude. He had no time for petty rules and regulations, and remained at the rank of sergeant, refusing to be promoted to an officer rank. However this didn't stop him from standing up to incompetent superiors, or defending other enlisted men from overzealous courts-martial. He spent almost as much time clashing with superior officers as the Germans, and on two occasions in I Flew With Braddock he came fairly close to being court-martialled for assaulting a superior officer (although one incident was a misunderstanding and the other was under severe provocation). The narrator of these stories was his hero-worshipping navigator, George Bourne (a Dr. Watson-type narrator, a relatively sophisticated device for juvenile fiction).

NOTE. I remained a private (marksman, parachutist, b2 typist) and refused to be promoted!

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Victor is Innocent! on 09:55 - Nov 7 with 7882 viewssmegma

Will the Daily Fibber in Liverpool run the story now though ??? I doubt it. Bumped into him in Hammersmith about 3 weeks ago and it appears this was taken out just to spite him, especially the ban from games . What actually happened was horrendous but that's been dealt with by the courts. This was a 2 bob copper trying to show who's boss.
Victor is Innocent! on 09:57 - Nov 7 with 7874 viewsLblock

Victor is Innocent! on 09:47 - Nov 7 by 18StoneOfHoop

Ah foo kit with my attempted subtlety!

Seems to have flown above a few heads

I just wanna know.

The legendary great wee fella on the right pictured with Martin Rowlands - for me is Rangers Fan No.1,it's quite simply his life. He'd do anything to sort out or help any other Rangers fan in need - was on trial on Merseyside on I think Monday but deffo this week about the events outside Goodison on April 13th 2013.

I last saw him in The Egerton on the day of the Yeovil game when his son was desperately trying to sort a stream out on his laptop -no good- so we ended up listening to events from Huish Park on 94.9 hooked up via the pc to the pub speakers. He was optimistic and said he had a good QPR supporting brief. Up until April 13th 2013 he had missed something like one Rangers game in over 40 years.
The court case has finished so discussion about the case is not sub judice therefore I'm pretty sure this gets no-one at LFW Towers or any punters who sail on her in trouble.

Anyone got any news? Please spill ,by PM if need be.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2013 10:02]

Last time I asked some of the LSA boys all they could say was he was due up before the chocolate this month.

I wish the geezer all the very best and he is 100% the king of all fans.
Missing games must be killing him.

I fear for him as justice for footy fans is a rare commodity.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Victor is Innocent! on 09:58 - Nov 7 with 7872 views18StoneOfHoop

Victor is Innocent! on 09:55 - Nov 7 by smegma

Will the Daily Fibber in Liverpool run the story now though ??? I doubt it. Bumped into him in Hammersmith about 3 weeks ago and it appears this was taken out just to spite him, especially the ban from games . What actually happened was horrendous but that's been dealt with by the courts. This was a 2 bob copper trying to show who's boss.

Yes that's as maybe smeg but what's the court result?

Victor is Innocent! on 10:05 - Nov 7 with 7833 viewsTheBlob

My older bruv used to get The Eagle.....Spacefleet,based outside London,ruled the cosmos.You got articles by Arthur C.Clarke and Frank Hampson inspired Norman Foster to redesign the London landscape.

Victor is Innocent! on 10:24 - Nov 7 with 7795 viewsisawqpratwcity

Victor is Innocent! on 10:05 - Nov 7 by TheBlob

My older bruv used to get The Eagle.....Spacefleet,based outside London,ruled the cosmos.You got articles by Arthur C.Clarke and Frank Hampson inspired Norman Foster to redesign the London landscape.

Sorry, Blob. Dan Dare was the Baden-Powellesque anachronistic authoritarian archetype that was anathema to everything in my resentful working-class upbringing. Eagle was for grammar school boys.

Victor is Innocent! on 10:40 - Nov 7 with 7765 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Victor is Innocent! on 12:19 - Nov 7 with 7685 viewsMrSheen

Eat lead, Nips.

AIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Victor is Innocent! on 13:10 - Nov 7 with 7628 viewsTheBlob

Victor is Innocent! on 10:24 - Nov 7 by isawqpratwcity

Sorry, Blob. Dan Dare was the Baden-Powellesque anachronistic authoritarian archetype that was anathema to everything in my resentful working-class upbringing. Eagle was for grammar school boys.

Peasant.

Victor is Innocent! on 13:26 - Nov 7 with 7601 viewsisawqpratwcity

Victor is Innocent! on 13:10 - Nov 7 by TheBlob

Peasant.

Grammar school boy.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2013 13:36]

Victor is Innocent! (n/t) on 14:46 - Nov 7 with 7499 viewsHantsR

OP image has to be or closely based on the Konigsberg in a Tanzanian creek (subject of Shout at the devil - Lee Marvin & Roger Moore). the aforesaid ship sailed into Zanzibar harbour and created havoc including sinking the HMS Pegasus. I know that well as I've dived on that wreck.

Returning to subject, Alf Tupper, the Tough of the Track was appreciated by young and old alike. The war stories may not have been PC by today's standards but we loved them - I'm coming at you from out of the sun! Englander pig! Schweinhund! Gotte und Himmel! Banzaii!...what a great way to learn a foreign language?

Not really grammar school but I avidly read the Eagle - Dan Dare, Luck of the Legion, Riders of the Range (author of which, Charles Chilton (also Journey into space) died this year). My sister read Girl and I have to confess to taking the odd peek at Susan of St Brides etc.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2013 14:55]
Victor is Innocent! on 15:01 - Nov 7 with 7474 viewsA40Bosh

Victor is Innocent! on 09:39 - Nov 7 by Metallica_Hoop

VIctor Looks Awesome, never really into comics but I liked this.

Sh@t the bed 'Talli!!!!

I just had one of those really weird scary out of body experiences of spontaneous mental time travel when I saw the Warlord comic logo scroll onto the screen in front of me. I was suddenly knocked off my feet and arrived back in the late 70's early 80's.
Feel a bit weird as if that comic front is trying to unlock loads of memories from my childhood that are now buried deep somewhere. I miss being 12!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Victor is Innocent! on 15:50 - Nov 7 with 7417 viewsloftboy

A lot of posters seem to of missed the cryptic nature of the original post.

Hope Vic is back at LR soon

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Victor is Innocent! on 16:06 - Nov 7 with 7393 viewsA40Bosh

Victor is Innocent! on 15:50 - Nov 7 by loftboy

A lot of posters seem to of missed the cryptic nature of the original post.

Hope Vic is back at LR soon

Oh I get ya now

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Victor is Innocent! on 19:59 - Nov 7 with 7241 viewsHollowayRanger

mum use to spoil me and buy me warlord battle and if she couldnt get them victor

best story by a county mile and best drawn

CHARLEYS WAR! in battle

so good you can even buy them now

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024