Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Budget 08:57 - Mar 20 with 1785 viewspomanjou

Have I missed it? Wots up with LFW? Why no attack on the incumbent government for a budget that does not hammer the bankers with 99% tax rates and does not a lot for scroungers?

Meself I reckon it was a sensible budget apart from the flexibility to get at your long term pension funds cos you fancy a new house or whatever. Labour have a point there. The wife tells me its just cutting the cord from the nanny state but we are not at one on this.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

The Budget on 09:06 - Mar 20 with 1367 viewsWokingR

Lefty free zone on here these days
The Budget on 09:56 - Mar 20 with 1318 viewsstevec

The Budget on 09:06 - Mar 20 by WokingR

Lefty free zone on here these days

It is and yet, in a strange way, I miss those beardies.
The Budget on 11:38 - Mar 20 with 1289 viewsTonto

The Budget on 09:56 - Mar 20 by stevec

It is and yet, in a strange way, I miss those beardies.

dullest budget ever.

I'm pleased for all the bingo players, and they finally get something.

Not quite so sure about the mixed message of taking a penny off a pint, when only binge drinkers will see any really savings. i though the government didnt like binge drinkers...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

The Budget on 11:42 - Mar 20 with 1284 viewsToast_R

The Budget on 11:38 - Mar 20 by Tonto

dullest budget ever.

I'm pleased for all the bingo players, and they finally get something.

Not quite so sure about the mixed message of taking a penny off a pint, when only binge drinkers will see any really savings. i though the government didnt like binge drinkers...

And you really think the average brewery will pass that on to the punters?
The Budget on 11:50 - Mar 20 with 1276 viewsTacticalR

Let's pretend there's no recession and everything is normal. Come to think of it recession is the new normal.

Air hostess clique

The Budget on 12:13 - Mar 20 with 1253 viewsElHoop

Pension reforms are a bollock if you ask me.

Osborne sprang this one on the House. No consultation. It can only end in tears.

Even the ICAEW seems dubious:

http://economia.icaew.com/opinion/march-2014/budget-2014-pensions?utm_source=eco
The Budget on 12:22 - Mar 20 with 1238 viewsAntti_Heinola

pathetic, condescending nonsense about bingo and beer. osborne has sop much contempt for the average human, it's actually quite impressive, in a way.

as for this scrounger nonsense Pom will bang on about. How about this?

Bare bones.

The Budget on 12:23 - Mar 20 with 1236 viewsQPR442

Not really sure about the politics and budgets but I will say that the company/industry that I work in has been a lot better recently and I seem to have more money than I did this time 2 years ago. Something must be happening for the better and our company's forecast for the future is bright.
Good luck to them and keep it going.
Login to get fewer ads

The Budget on 12:42 - Mar 20 with 1212 viewsTonto

The Budget on 12:23 - Mar 20 by QPR442

Not really sure about the politics and budgets but I will say that the company/industry that I work in has been a lot better recently and I seem to have more money than I did this time 2 years ago. Something must be happening for the better and our company's forecast for the future is bright.
Good luck to them and keep it going.

some will have you beleive thats all down to the austerity of the government. others would point out that its down to the banking industry (which went into a tailspin) now recovering and doing quite nicely, without any government intrusion. the rich have got richer, and the poor very much less so (unless they play bingo a lot and drink too much)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

The Budget on 14:02 - Mar 20 with 1162 viewspomanjou

The Budget on 12:22 - Mar 20 by Antti_Heinola

pathetic, condescending nonsense about bingo and beer. osborne has sop much contempt for the average human, it's actually quite impressive, in a way.

Tax avoidance is completely legit. I use it myself to ensure I pay the absolute minimum amount of tax. Everyone should.

Tax evasion is illegal. Much of it relates to the black economy of white van man as well as corporate evasion which is much more difficult.

They need to seperate out avoidance and evasion to make better sense of the problem.

Scroungers should introduce a bit of competition into the marketplace by getting off their backsides and competing with white van man in the gardening, window cleaning, car washing etc etc part of the market.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2014 14:04]

Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

The Budget on 14:10 - Mar 20 with 1148 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Budget on 14:02 - Mar 20 by pomanjou

Tax avoidance is completely legit. I use it myself to ensure I pay the absolute minimum amount of tax. Everyone should.

Tax evasion is illegal. Much of it relates to the black economy of white van man as well as corporate evasion which is much more difficult.

They need to seperate out avoidance and evasion to make better sense of the problem.

Scroungers should introduce a bit of competition into the marketplace by getting off their backsides and competing with white van man in the gardening, window cleaning, car washing etc etc part of the market.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2014 14:04]

the point is, pom that 'scroungers' are a minute part of the problem, talked by a government desperate to ensure the lower classes point fingers and fight among themselves. to an intelligent bloke like you, I'd have thought this was quite obvious.

Bare bones.

The Budget on 14:17 - Mar 20 with 1134 viewspomanjou

The Budget on 14:10 - Mar 20 by Antti_Heinola

the point is, pom that 'scroungers' are a minute part of the problem, talked by a government desperate to ensure the lower classes point fingers and fight among themselves. to an intelligent bloke like you, I'd have thought this was quite obvious.

You flatterer!

Yes, it is obvious and it is minute but as someone (maybe you) had said earlier I was going on about scroungers, although I'd only used the word once, I thought I better oblige and keep it in the LFW public eye.

The Budget on 14:28 - Mar 20 with 1121 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Budget on 14:17 - Mar 20 by pomanjou

You flatterer!

Yes, it is obvious and it is minute but as someone (maybe you) had said earlier I was going on about scroungers, although I'd only used the word once, I thought I better oblige and keep it in the LFW public eye.

;)

Bare bones.

The Budget on 15:55 - Mar 20 with 1089 viewsClive_Anderson

Doesn't tax avoidance mean not paying tax which you don't legally have to pay?

In which case they could make that £120bn figure as large as they wanted as technically all untaxed money has "avoided" tax at some point.

Bit of a dumb thing to lump it in with tax evasion and uncollected tax.
The Budget on 16:54 - Mar 20 with 1063 viewsRangersAreBack

These figures are meaningless.

(1) Minimising the amount of tax you pay is perfectly above board. I doubt many on here would volunteer to pay more tax just for the hell of it.

(2) Making the economic decision to stay on benefits because working is the less appealing option is again legal. The billions spent on these people won't be captured under benefits fraud.

(3) You could argue that those perfectly capable yet unwilling to work are avoiding paying their fair share of tax. Is this included in the Tax Avoidance bracket?

In the interests of balance and clarity these figures should:

(a) seperate tax avoidance from evasion or omit it altogether
(b) if you insist on quantifying tax avoidance then show another category called "Work avoided"
The Budget on 17:01 - Mar 20 with 1058 viewsJigsore

it's all f*cking sunshine and rainbows for me. I'm looking forward to paying off my university loans while struggling to eat anything because of the cost of living. Then if i'm really lucky they'll let me retire before i'm 80 so I can collect my self-provided pension for the couple of years I have before I die.

but it's all ok because for every 250 pints I buy i'll get one on good ol' osbo. St Paul's, eh? Very rough place, completely unlike Eton I hear.

if we get a referendum on EU membership and choose to leave then i'm really done with this country. Assuming of course we haven't built 30 foot high walls around the coast to stop immigrants eating our swans.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

The Budget on 18:42 - Mar 20 with 1031 viewspomanjou

The Budget on 17:01 - Mar 20 by Jigsore

it's all f*cking sunshine and rainbows for me. I'm looking forward to paying off my university loans while struggling to eat anything because of the cost of living. Then if i'm really lucky they'll let me retire before i'm 80 so I can collect my self-provided pension for the couple of years I have before I die.

but it's all ok because for every 250 pints I buy i'll get one on good ol' osbo. St Paul's, eh? Very rough place, completely unlike Eton I hear.

if we get a referendum on EU membership and choose to leave then i'm really done with this country. Assuming of course we haven't built 30 foot high walls around the coast to stop immigrants eating our swans.

You are never going to make it Jigsore. The stress of following QPR will do for you way before you get to pensionable age.

Paying off your Uni loan? Only when you can afford it. As I understand you only start paying it off at 6d old money a week or thereabouts when you earn £21k a year or more. This government are a load of pussies.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2014 18:43]

The Budget on 19:09 - Mar 20 with 996 viewsJigsore

The Budget on 18:42 - Mar 20 by pomanjou

You are never going to make it Jigsore. The stress of following QPR will do for you way before you get to pensionable age.

Paying off your Uni loan? Only when you can afford it. As I understand you only start paying it off at 6d old money a week or thereabouts when you earn £21k a year or more. This government are a load of pussies.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2014 18:43]

Well after a few decades, I can't remember how long exactly, they'll write it off completely. Of course something has gone terribly wrong if you've gone to Uni and haven't managed to earn enough to do pay that back.

I could accept the exorbant £9000 p/a fees if there was a minimum wage that rose with inflation or, dare I say it, a living wage but there isn't. There's a bingo tax reduction instead. Is it right to be completely disillusioned with politics before i've even voted?

best to start brushing up on my German or something right now, frankly... at least watching QPR from a distance might do my heart some good assuming I stay away from this place! lol

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

The Budget on 19:17 - Mar 20 with 984 viewsTacticalR

'Well, I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay'

Air hostess clique

The Budget on 20:16 - Mar 20 with 944 viewssmegma

I got an extra £30 (gross)in my pay packet this month. But was taxed to the tune of £12. Even more gross !!
I must be paying the super rich tax now.
The Budget on 20:49 - Mar 20 with 929 viewsted_hendrix

Keep your hands off my stash.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Budget on 21:04 - Mar 20 with 921 viewssmegma

The Budget on 20:49 - Mar 20 by ted_hendrix

Keep your hands off my stash.

Don't give me that do goody good bullshit.
The Budget on 21:08 - Mar 20 with 917 viewsBrightonhoop

I like the fact HMRC can now go directly to your Account and remove what they like without having to take you to Court first. George Osborns bloody brilliant, that could save thousands in Barristers fees.
The Budget on 23:38 - Mar 20 with 864 viewszicoshoops

Superb touch regarding Personal Pensions.
Self employed for over 30 years, stuck shed loads into a Personal Pension, but was dreading buying an Annuity.

I would have got a good few Grand a year until I croaked, and then the Annuity Company would have snatched my Capital.

Now I can access all of 'MY' Dough, and rightly so.
Will I vote Tory in the next Election?
If my cock falls off one night when I'm asleep I will.

It's MY money.
When I'm 70 I'm going to buy a Porche Turbo and do a James Dean.

Live fast and die young Home Boys.

For real.

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.
The Budget on 01:47 - Mar 21 with 828 viewsFredManRave

Cutting the Bingo Tax and Beer Duty to help hardworking people do more of the things they enjoy.

You couldn't make it up.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024