Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool goal 22:43 - Mar 29 with 3655 viewshoopstar67

As the corner was being taken I was looking at our defensive set up and thinking to myself why were there no defenders on the goal posts and low and behold they score, why have not have at least one goalpost defended?
Blackpool goal on 22:47 - Mar 29 with 3629 viewsAntti_Heinola

some teams do set up like thatm but if you don't, you expect to have everyone marked, certainly! Incredible that we lost 3 headers there and Blackpool had TWO unmarked at the back post. Surreal it was so poor. And with 4 CBs on the pitch too!

Bare bones.

Blackpool goal on 23:01 - Mar 29 with 3573 viewshoopstar67

Blackpool goal on 22:47 - Mar 29 by Antti_Heinola

some teams do set up like thatm but if you don't, you expect to have everyone marked, certainly! Incredible that we lost 3 headers there and Blackpool had TWO unmarked at the back post. Surreal it was so poor. And with 4 CBs on the pitch too!

Yeah I know some teams do set up like that and have never agreed with that but I may be mistaken but I'm sure we have always had at least one post defended in previous games.
Blackpool goal on 23:07 - Mar 29 with 3550 viewsHollowayRanger

i know i only saw it as it happened so might be totally wrong

but seemed to me that when that ball was flicked on they had 3 men on back post v tom carrol!

even if above is wrong

what the heck were hill dunn onouhn hughes benny henry zamorra keane doing !!!!!

and as for green? picture looks bad

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Blackpool goal on 02:14 - Mar 30 with 3433 viewsRangersAreBack

Since February we have conceded from corners against Derby, Reading, Charlton, Brighton and Blackpool. Our defending from corner needs to be addressed on the training ground.
Blackpool goal on 08:03 - Mar 30 with 3324 viewsDubaiR

Blackpool goal on 02:14 - Mar 30 by RangersAreBack

Since February we have conceded from corners against Derby, Reading, Charlton, Brighton and Blackpool. Our defending from corner needs to be addressed on the training ground.

My friend what is this training ground you speak of? I have done a search in Google and it would appear to be something where you work on tactics and improve the skill sets of employees.. I don't think we have one of these.
Blackpool goal (n/t) on 08:07 - Mar 30 with 3318 viewsPey

Blackpool goal on 08:03 - Mar 30 by DubaiR

My friend what is this training ground you speak of? I have done a search in Google and it would appear to be something where you work on tactics and improve the skill sets of employees.. I don't think we have one of these.

[Post edited 30 Mar 2014 8:07]
Blackpool goal on 08:10 - Mar 30 with 3308 viewsSpiritofGregory

Blackpool goal on 02:14 - Mar 30 by RangersAreBack

Charlie used to do a lot of defensive work from corners. We really do miss him not only for his goals but also his work ethic, the over reliance on him is unfair. We need him back for the play offs, without him we will struggle.
Blackpool goal on 09:45 - Mar 30 with 3138 viewsbaz_qpr

This is one of those prozone statistical analysis things, secret footballer writes about this in his book any way apparently the "guy" on the post is statistically less likely to prevent a goal by some margin than if he is placed 3 or 4 yards further forward to clear / challenge the initial header
Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool goal on 10:08 - Mar 30 with 3083 viewsted_hendrix

I've seen their goal twice now, once when I was sat behind the goalmouth and once last night on the box.
Yesterday seconds before they took the corner I couldn't help but notice how our players were walking around looking unsure who was 'picking up' who two of our players were looking at the floor almost confused, seconds later they take the corner and hey presto.
For a club that's sitting third in the table I sometimes wonder how the hell we are where we are.
We seem so unorganised at times which is hard to fathom out.
Anyway you can analyse to death why you've conceded a goal, but when you're up against possibly what I would call the worst team to visit Loftus Road this season it makes it all the more annoying.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Blackpool goal on 10:30 - Mar 30 with 3048 viewsNeil_SI

Blackpool goal on 10:08 - Mar 30 by ted_hendrix

I've seen their goal twice now, once when I was sat behind the goalmouth and once last night on the box.
Yesterday seconds before they took the corner I couldn't help but notice how our players were walking around looking unsure who was 'picking up' who two of our players were looking at the floor almost confused, seconds later they take the corner and hey presto.
For a club that's sitting third in the table I sometimes wonder how the hell we are where we are.
We seem so unorganised at times which is hard to fathom out.
Anyway you can analyse to death why you've conceded a goal, but when you're up against possibly what I would call the worst team to visit Loftus Road this season it makes it all the more annoying.

There was definitely a lack of communication or leadership. I commented on this just before the corner was taken to those next to me. There was almost not a word said between any of the players, when really you needed some to step up and take responsibility and show that desire to win and clear the ball. It's been a recurring theme for our squad for a long time though.

It was a really poor and soft goal to concede.
Blackpool goal on 13:42 - Mar 30 with 2885 viewsbatmanhoop

Blackpool goal on 10:30 - Mar 30 by Neil_SI

There was definitely a lack of communication or leadership. I commented on this just before the corner was taken to those next to me. There was almost not a word said between any of the players, when really you needed some to step up and take responsibility and show that desire to win and clear the ball. It's been a recurring theme for our squad for a long time though.

It was a really poor and soft goal to concede.

Green had a right go at the officials at half-time, was it to do with their goal?
Blackpool goal on 01:47 - Mar 31 with 2687 viewsRangersAreBack

Blackpool goal on 08:03 - Mar 30 by DubaiR

Worry not Dubai, it will be ready by 2034. Uncle T has decreed it so.
Blackpool goal on 08:59 - Mar 31 with 2611 viewsheadhoops

We have one of the best training grounds in the division - with defensive drills no doubt run by Kevin Bond - remind me just what does he do for the club. That said he's not on the pitch so between them the players need to sort it out.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024