Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DEBT!! 18:38 - Apr 10 with 952 views08olesen

I am i the only one who thought our debt, was sort of normal. By that i mean that most clubs have huge debt and therefore it was not as shocking as the figure first suggest.

Turns out we are 7th in the highest number of debt list.

Other clubs in the list include Barca, Dortmund, Valencia and Arsenal.

The only other 'smaller' club on the list are Bolton!

Shows that Hughes and Harry really have been splashing the cash and not producing the goods.

I for one think the last thing we need right now is a new stadium. Yes we have a small stadium, but Arsenal are top of the list because of their stadium and we cant afford to join them.

We dont even fill LR on a weekly basis, so i would rather build a solid team first!!

http://www.givemesport.com/446556-top-10-clubs-with-the-most-debt-in-world-footb
Very Worrying....... Sorry for the down note!
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 18:38]

Poll: Who will the other play off

DEBT!! on 18:52 - Apr 10 with 926 viewsloftboy

Once the go ahead for what basically is a new suburb get the go ahead the money to be made in property sales will clear our debts 20 times over, trust me our debt is a small mackerel being used as bait to catch a whale.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

DEBT!! on 19:12 - Apr 10 with 865 viewszicoshoops

DEBT!! on 18:52 - Apr 10 by loftboy

Once the go ahead for what basically is a new suburb get the go ahead the money to be made in property sales will clear our debts 20 times over, trust me our debt is a small mackerel being used as bait to catch a whale.

I hear you Loftboy.
But sadly it's the Club's debt, but any future profit won't end up as the Club''s profit.
DEBT!! on 19:13 - Apr 10 with 864 views08olesen

Is it not a sign that we are running before we can walk. We dont even know what division we are going to be in. Surly it would be a far better project for the scum!

I know the idea of an investment is that short term it costs you, and long term you make a profit. However this seems like one that could potentially use our club as collateral damage if it all goes tits up!

This whole wealth of investment reminds me of Valencia. They have a half built stadium which they are still trying to pay off. It has resulted in a most of their decent youth players like Villa, David Silva, Jordi Alba all being sold off to pay for it.

Malaga are the same, as many will know, they were purchased by a Sheik and he farked off after putting in money and left them fuked!!!!

All i am saying is that we need to really think about whether it is worth it, because those debt figures are a joke!

Poll: Who will the other play off

DEBT!! on 19:35 - Apr 10 with 794 viewsthemodfather

well i would calm down if the club explain the debts and the "plan",on top of dire performances and the lottery of any play offs, the debt seems the final straw!
finance can confuse most!
DEBT!! on 20:24 - Apr 10 with 733 viewsBrightonhoop

So much depens upon the owners, and with TFat the helm and Amit and Mittal behind hm I feel better tan when Tango and cash were owners. TF eyeing the new Stadium is shrewd business I think. They have also confirmed to Supporters recently that any new Ground would be owned by the Club and not them. So whilst the debt is horrendous (no getting away from that) I feel half as threatened by it as I did in the terrible days of ABC despite the sums involved.
As for Arse, they always stated the new Stadium would be a financial noose for several seasons but imagine what it would cost to build today, so a savvy bit of business on their part I think. I detest their new ground, and we have to better than that over elaborate library to keep the soul of LR. Always.
DEBT!! on 10:49 - Apr 11 with 591 viewsJuzzie

IMO the debt is not normal, it's way higher than it 'should' be. However, that's the fault of the owners gambling huge salaries on $hit players to stay in the PL.

The only reason I'm quite calm is because it's all their own. We were in more danger 10 years ago oweing a 'mere' £10m to a faceless off-shore company that could have shut us down at any moment than we are now with a debt 17x higher.

We won't 'do a pompey' (as people love to say we will because they're too stupid to look at the facts) because unlike pompey we don't owe vast sums to the HMRC, Barclays bank (although we have taken out loans recently but I understand that's more to acquire a credit rating than actually needing the money) and hundreds of companies like they did.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 11:17]
DEBT!! on 11:04 - Apr 11 with 563 viewsgobbles

How much of the "new suburb" will QPR own? I can't believe the current property owners will just hand over all that land for the club to build a stadium and all the flats that are in the plans.
The flip side of that is if QPR already owns all that land, which I doubt, then we don't actually need a new stadium to make the money back, or, more to the point, the QPR owners don't need QPR to get their investment back, just the approval of HS2
DEBT!! on 11:05 - Apr 11 with 563 viewswombat

DEBT!! on 10:49 - Apr 11 by Juzzie

IMO the debt is not normal, it's way higher than it 'should' be. However, that's the fault of the owners gambling huge salaries on $hit players to stay in the PL.

The only reason I'm quite calm is because it's all their own. We were in more danger 10 years ago oweing a 'mere' £10m to a faceless off-shore company that could have shut us down at any moment than we are now with a debt 17x higher.

We won't 'do a pompey' (as people love to say we will because they're too stupid to look at the facts) because unlike pompey we don't owe vast sums to the HMRC, Barclays bank (although we have taken out loans recently but I understand that's more to acquire a credit rating than actually needing the money) and hundreds of companies like they did.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 11:17]

if only we could build a new stadium in the time it takes to play the average football season , they have no choice but to take a punt on the new stadium , it wont get built over night remember , they have planning to go through , design issues , site issues
yep we don't know what league we will be in next season or indeed 5 seasons time and we will be lucky to be in the new stadium by then as well

the are taking a punt on the future and they will make shed loads out of it once the whole things built with football being a tiny part of it

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

DEBT!! on 11:19 - Apr 11 with 535 viewsJuzzie

If true, it feels like we're being used in the same way Pete Winkelman used Wimbledon (and nearly us) to get a football team & ground built just to be able to make huge sums of money out of other companies to build retail stores around the ground.
DEBT!! on 11:29 - Apr 11 with 518 viewswombat

DEBT!! on 11:19 - Apr 11 by Juzzie

If true, it feels like we're being used in the same way Pete Winkelman used Wimbledon (and nearly us) to get a football team & ground built just to be able to make huge sums of money out of other companies to build retail stores around the ground.

that's football for you now juzzie , they can make more buying a piece of land building shops , houses etc on it than by running a football club , ]
think arsenal used the same plan build a ground then build flats surrounding it , they built the ground for free doing it that way

Poll: which is your favouite foot

DEBT!! on 11:39 - Apr 11 with 511 viewsBrianMcCarthy

DEBT!! on 11:19 - Apr 11 by Juzzie

There is a similarity.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

DEBT!! on 11:43 - Apr 11 with 501 viewspomanjou

Correctos. You have it in three lines.

Most of the 'debt' is from shareholder loans which if they decided to leave they mostly could not get back as its largely unsecured. They have to make the big picture work, period.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

DEBT!! on 12:05 - Apr 11 with 455 viewsJuzzie

DEBT!! on 11:29 - Apr 11 by wombat

that's football for you now juzzie , they can make more buying a piece of land building shops , houses etc on it than by running a football club , ]
think arsenal used the same plan build a ground then build flats surrounding it , they built the ground for free doing it that way

Not just football. I popped into Homebase on Warwick Road in Kensington W14 the other day and overheard one of the staff say it's closing in 12 weeks. I asked them why and they said it's going to be demolished for flats.

Everything is flats, that's where the money is particularly in London.

[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 12:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024