Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who think Derby were unlucky... 19:07 - May 25 with 1222 viewsPinnerPaul

stats from their first leg semi final with Brighton

Brighton stats first please note!

Possession 60/40
Shots 14/5
Shots on target 5/0

Goals 1/2

Short memories Derby fans and the press!
For those who think Derby were unlucky... on 19:13 - May 25 with 1190 viewsNorthernr

We're sitting here watching the game again. First 20 minutes Derby didn't get out of their own half. Surprised by how good we look at this point (26 mins) TBH.
For those who think Derby were unlucky... on 19:25 - May 25 with 1111 viewschris1969

Watched the game twice now plus BBC highlights and Derby were pretty toothless. Rob Green a couple of saves but you would expect him to save them. Dire game which sumned up our season, undeserved, boring, smash and grab, we have been very lucky throughout and our luck continued. I disagreed with much of Harry's decisions, tactics and subs but what do I know!

I have finally seen us win at Wembley after 4 visits and it was so sweet.

**Had QPR/Athletico double at 12/1 which would have been even sweeter
For those who think Derby were unlucky... on 19:33 - May 25 with 1069 viewsstansleftfoot

It seemed to me if Derby played to the level that they had previously, I didn't see that they could or would improve and if QPR could get back to our first 20 form, we should win.
The theory went tits up when we lost a player, but we finally eked out the chance....we'd been doing it all season, why not at Wembley.
Mclaren by sitting up top is not close to the game, I think it makes him inflexible, the QPR centre halves don't like the ball close to feet around them.
Derby go get it wide and cross...wouldn't work and didn't, we made our luck, Derby gave up their winning option! They played to our strengths. Not unlucky, good enough but not clever enough!
For those who think Derby were unlucky... on 19:39 - May 25 with 1035 viewsN12Hoop

For those who think Derby were unlucky... on 19:33 - May 25 by stansleftfoot

It seemed to me if Derby played to the level that they had previously, I didn't see that they could or would improve and if QPR could get back to our first 20 form, we should win.
The theory went tits up when we lost a player, but we finally eked out the chance....we'd been doing it all season, why not at Wembley.
Mclaren by sitting up top is not close to the game, I think it makes him inflexible, the QPR centre halves don't like the ball close to feet around them.
Derby go get it wide and cross...wouldn't work and didn't, we made our luck, Derby gave up their winning option! They played to our strengths. Not unlucky, good enough but not clever enough!

The one man who was clever enough to unlock our defence was Hughes who they took off. And with the one man advantage they didnt bring Bamford on who had scored a fair few goals.
With all their corners they never exploited the frailties at the back that others have.
All in all, I don't think they were unlucky and if you can't beat an ageing team with a one man advantage for 30 mins then you don't deserve to win.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

For those who think Derby were unlucky... on 19:39 - May 25 with 1033 viewsderbyhoop

Derby fans saying we were lucky. I agree.

I thought we were lucky to have defenders who knew how to defend.
I thought we were lucky to find a team that worked their guts off to keep a clean sheet against the division's highest scorers
I thought we were lucky to sub Krancjar by Traore after 30 minutes
I thought we were lucky to play with 10 men for the last half hour
I thought we were lucky to have a decent keeper
I thought we were lucky to stop them creating too many opportunities
I thought we were lucky that Hoilett managed to tackle Buxton and take the ball off him
I thought we were lucky that the pathetic attempt to clear the ball by their captain left the ball trundling towards Zamora
I thought we were lucky that BZ was skilful enough to guide the ball into the corner

Other than that, no case to answer.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

For those who think Derby were unlucky... on 21:48 - May 25 with 866 viewsMonahoop

For those who think Derby were unlucky... on 19:39 - May 25 by N12Hoop

The one man who was clever enough to unlock our defence was Hughes who they took off. And with the one man advantage they didnt bring Bamford on who had scored a fair few goals.
With all their corners they never exploited the frailties at the back that others have.
All in all, I don't think they were unlucky and if you can't beat an ageing team with a one man advantage for 30 mins then you don't deserve to win.

Some Derby fans watching the game in the pub with us sensed something calamitous would happen to them, the longer the game went on without a goal They mentioned most of their defeats under McClaren have come from smash and grab affairs after dominating proceedings and the general consensus among them was they have been poor from set pieces this term especially with corners, such were their murmers when another corner came to nothing.None among them felt they were unlucky or felt cheated and said it was a defensive job by QPR well done. Or may be they were being polite. Whatever we all had good craic.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

For those who think Derby were unlucky... on 21:55 - May 25 with 834 viewsstansleftfoot

For those who think Derby were unlucky... on 19:39 - May 25 by N12Hoop

Yup, exactly, it's dull mantra heard in many any changing room, I don't think Derby deserved anything from that performance, "You make your own Luck"
QPR know how to nick wins this year, just make a chance and take it! Simple! Might be Stevie Winwood!
For those who think Derby were unlucky... on 22:58 - May 25 with 694 viewsstowmarketrange

A couple of Derby fans got on our train at Manningtree yesterday.A father and son aged about 70 and mid 40's I'd guess.Father born around Derby,son born in Essex.
Father nice as pie and knowledgeable,son thick arrogant tw*t.
He kept going on about how we were lucky to be there because all season he'd heard on sky about late QPR winning goals from Charlie Austin,and how Derby were going to beat us so easily because they were so good.
Maybe I should have told him to watch out for Zamora in the 89th minute.
Never saw them on the train home though.
Login to get fewer ads

For those who think Derby were unlucky... on 23:06 - May 25 with 667 viewsAntti_Heinola

With things like penalty decisions I always find it interesting to turn it around and imagine it happening to us - for example, Will Hughes' fall in the first half. Would I have been demanding that to be a pen? Probably at the time, but I would also have accepted that, no, it wasn't a pen.

Same with this game. I thought we bossed it for the first 20 and Derby looked nervous, but after that they had the better of the play and I couldn't see us scoring and overall I would say Derby were 'the better side' on the day.

BUT - now I turn it round and imagine if the game had been the same but the situation reversed - we dominated the 2nd half, they had a man sent off etc, but they score a last minute winner. And there's no way I woiuld be coming out of that game after a small amount of reflection saying we were unlucky. I would say we didn't do enough to hurt Derby, that we didn't have enough imagination, that, professional foul apart, we never created a real, genuine chance. Pressure, but little end product. And in the end I'd say we only had ourselves to blame - we had every opportunity to win, but didn't take it. And I'd have probably blamed the manager ;)

I don't think we were 'lucky' - there was no luck about our defending and there was no luck with our goal - just two pieces of poor defending. But having said that, I think had we started with a faster team - with Yun and Traore and possibly Ravel on from the start, I think it would have been a better game and we may have won by more.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024