Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar 21:28 - Jul 8 with 1919 viewsmacclesfieldman

A weak shot parried straight back to the striker to score with his 2nd attempt. IMHO he cost QPR a lot of goals doing the same thing. Not in the same class as Green.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 22:41 - Jul 8 with 1876 viewsgobbles

What about the other six?
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 22:44 - Jul 8 with 1864 viewsnewgolddream

Does it really matter???
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 22:47 - Jul 8 with 1855 viewsTHEBUSH

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 22:44 - Jul 8 by newgolddream

Does it really matter???

Not really, all it means is we're stuck with him
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 22:58 - Jul 8 with 1837 viewsJuzzie

Cesar can't be blamed. It was a total inept performance by the defence not helped much by midfield either. Strikers were non existent.
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 23:00 - Jul 8 with 1832 viewsnewgolddream

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 22:47 - Jul 8 by THEBUSH

Not really, all it means is we're stuck with him

Cesar is our third choice goalkeeper. Hulk, Fred and Jo wouldn't have made our bench for the play-off final. Sez it all bout the great Brazil.
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 23:00 - Jul 8 with 1828 viewsTheBlob

I'm a fan but I think three were down to him.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 23:04 - Jul 8 with 1797 viewsgobbles

I think Neuer should take the blame for Brazil's goal Rubbish!
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 23:14 - Jul 8 with 1769 viewsTHEBUSH

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 23:00 - Jul 8 by newgolddream

Cesar is our third choice goalkeeper. Hulk, Fred and Jo wouldn't have made our bench for the play-off final. Sez it all bout the great Brazil.

If he's gonna be our 3rd choice keeper, imo we should just pay his contract up and let him leave !!
Login to get fewer ads

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 23:28 - Jul 8 with 1742 viewsderbyhoop

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 22:58 - Jul 8 by Juzzie

Cesar can't be blamed. It was a total inept performance by the defence not helped much by midfield either. Strikers were non existent.

Amen to that. Did any Brazilian midfielder put in a tackle? Did any defender?

Cesar wasn't great but he wouldn't have been in the bottom 6 Brazilian player on the night.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 23:32 - Jul 8 with 1734 viewsgobbles

Cesar made some good saves, certainly second half, when he was one of the few who showed some pride. Every goal the defence parted and five of them were shots from point-blank range. Maybe he should have stopped Kroos's first, but that was curling away from him and he was rushing across goal after Klose miskicked. The second was a point-blank shot that the BBC commentator said "brilliant save" to. He was unlucky it went right back to Klose, but when you block a shot from six yards, you don't get much control of where it goes.
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 23:34 - Jul 8 with 1721 viewscoolranger

Monumental humiliation. No doubt they will be throwing themselves off tall buildings, blaming the Argentine Pope, the ref, the weather, star alignment, pitch, grass colour, coin toss, German aggression, crowd noise, Neymar's absence, Thiago Silva's unfair yellow card and whatever else.

Wake up Brazil, your side is not actually very good!!

And.....the POPE IS ARGENTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 23:44 - Jul 8 with 1687 viewsBklynRanger

I thought the second he could've smothered, in which case it would've been great work. Pushing it straight back into feet is, I agree, something we've seen before. The 3rd he did really well to get a hand to but just lacked the wrist, would've been save of the tournament. The 7th was like a fcuk you - straight off the angle. The 2 others before that he was standing having rushed out to close angles when he maybe shouldn't have. Overall it was sort of pretty standard Julio stuff in the face of massive pressure, i.e. understandable but not what we need and especially not at that price.
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 23:48 - Jul 8 with 1677 viewsBrightonhoop

Barely raised a hand for the sixth. Was that putting himself in the shop window? I hate the way he used QPR and didn't have the grace to understand the Scum thing by pulling on their shirt. Will never forgive him. Tonight he showed just what a waste his career has been. Nice deniro in the bank, but he got his humiliation. Off load asap. Tonight, like against Everton in the FA Cup, you were truly shyte.
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 00:30 - Jul 9 with 1626 viewsAntti_Heinola

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 23:48 - Jul 8 by Brightonhoop

Barely raised a hand for the sixth. Was that putting himself in the shop window? I hate the way he used QPR and didn't have the grace to understand the Scum thing by pulling on their shirt. Will never forgive him. Tonight he showed just what a waste his career has been. Nice deniro in the bank, but he got his humiliation. Off load asap. Tonight, like against Everton in the FA Cup, you were truly shyte.

Used QPR?
What a joke.
Thought he was ok tonight, a couple he could have saved but he was woefully exposed.
Please explain how he 'used' QPR? It was pathetic management to sign him and Green. And as for the Chelsea thing, if you found offence in that you need to grow up, Brighton. A gag between mates. He may not have fully understood how fans feel about Chelsea, but if it upsets you that much you may need help. He dressed up as his best mate for a private party. Big fcking deal.

Bare bones.

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 00:46 - Jul 9 with 1593 viewsqprnw10

Not in the same class as Green???....He spent seven years at Italian club Internazionale, where he won five Scudetti, the 2009—10 UEFA Champions League and the 2010 FIFA Club World Cup. He was awarded the Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year title in both 2009 and 2010, and was nominated for the 2009 Ballon d'Or, where he was voted into 21st place.

Internazionale
Serie A (5): 2005—06, 2006—07, 2007—08, 2008—09, 2009—10
Coppa Italia (3): 2005—06, 2009—10, 2010—11
Supercoppa Italiana (4): 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010
UEFA Champions League (1): 2009—10
2010 FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2010

International
Brazil
Copa América (1): 2004
FIFA Confederations Cup (2): 2009, 2013
Lunar New Year Cup (1): 2005

Individual
Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year (2): 2008—09, 2009—10
UEFA Club Goalkeeper of the Year (1): 2009—10
Confederation Cup 2013: Golden Glove
FIFA Confederations Cup Dream Team (1): 2013
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 09:43 - Jul 9 with 1457 viewsgobbles

And considering that Chelsea shirt stuff, just remember his performance in the win at Stamford Bridge.
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 09:52 - Jul 9 with 1444 viewsbaz_qpr

Also worth pointing out that in the Premiership Green cost us games and was a big factor in that awful start. In the championship Green helped win us games, but his ricketts (and there were plenty ) were not punished in the same way they would have been in the premiership
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 10:19 - Jul 9 with 1402 viewsSpiritofGregory

Can't belive some think that Green is better than Cesar. Have a look at what trophies they've won. Green's tally is pathetic next to Cesar's.

In relation to him being on a high salary, good on him, Rangers offered and he accepted. We shouldn't have signed either keeper it's about time that we find a young decent keeper on lower wages, other teams seem to be able to do it.
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 10:40 - Jul 9 with 1391 viewsLoft1979

+1
Germany's 2nd Down to Cesar on 11:09 - Jul 9 with 1377 viewsgobbles

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 10:40 - Jul 9 by Loft1979

+1

Looking at The Times, Telegraph, Mail and Guardian today, they all gave Cesar either top or joint top mark in their player ratings for Brazil. Guess they don't carry some of the baggage that some do on here about him.
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 12:27 - Jul 9 with 1297 viewsDANRANGER

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 00:30 - Jul 9 by Antti_Heinola

Used QPR?
What a joke.
Thought he was ok tonight, a couple he could have saved but he was woefully exposed.
Please explain how he 'used' QPR? It was pathetic management to sign him and Green. And as for the Chelsea thing, if you found offence in that you need to grow up, Brighton. A gag between mates. He may not have fully understood how fans feel about Chelsea, but if it upsets you that much you may need help. He dressed up as his best mate for a private party. Big fcking deal.

agree with this and don't blame him for any of the goals, Brazil were well out of their depth and finally got a good pasting, never expected that though. As for Cesar and QPR, not sure he's done too much wrong, he's on a contract and he doesn't have to leave. I don't ever remember him refusing to play but Harry decided it was best he wasn't around. Barton wanted him to do well so guessing he's popular amongst the squad.

The money QPR agreed to pay him has made some fans dislike him but if the season started tomorrow he would be 1st choice. I don't expect him to be but lets wait and see. Can't wait for all these issues to be resolved ie Taarabt, Remy, Granero and we can get on with the football. As long as they act like professionals and honour the ludicrous contracts they have I believe there is no issue.
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 12:47 - Jul 9 with 1281 viewssimmo

This thread comes across as bitter, any player can perform badly in isolation, as it happens he played OK overall, considering. The 1st save for the 2nd goal was excellent and the one he tipped over the bar from Muller 2nd half was even better. But that's what he is, a good shot stopper, other parts of his game however are just not good enough vs the cost to keep and play him.

We should never have signed him, and he should have gone for 1st team football wherever he could earlier than he did, but at least he made himself available to us. Green was first choice and rightly so, but I am sure if Redknapp wanted Cesar he would have played. People like SWP, Young etc who just can't be arsed with it, are far worse.

I hope he leaves, but he will go down as a terrible signing by QPR first and foremost, the blame is with Fernandes and those that sanctioned it, not him personally.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 13:20 - Jul 9 with 1247 viewsR_from_afar

Brazil played playground football for much of that game. No organisation, too many people trying to attack, appalling marking, no tackling. They just fell apart. I only watched half the game but could not believe how often the Germans were allowed to stride through the midfield. I was shouting: "Put a tackle in" at one point. Think about how many of the German goals were scored when there were Brazilians right there in the thick of it, only doing nothing. Was it some new zonal marking strategy? Stand still and hope they don't run round you? It was the footballing equivalent of the Maginot line.

Truly the day that Brazil forgot how to play football. I am still struggling to believe they were that poor.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 17:45 - Jul 9 with 1167 viewsterryb

I do agree that he should have done better with his save for the second goal, but the "defence" had already parted like the Red Sea.

It sums up the Brazil performance that a goalkeeper is beaten seven times but was their best player!

As things stand he will be our 'keeper next season. Green has yet to agree a contract. Personally I'm happy with either, but neither of them will we the reason we avoid relegation (if we do).

I still blame Green for allowing the first Swansea goal two seasons ago. That cost us the match & set the seal on the season.
Germany's 2nd Down to Ceasar on 01:01 - Jul 10 with 1087 viewsBrightonhoop

He was poor, as he was for us. 4-0 against Everton in the Cup is not Phil Parkes. He took the money over his career and now it has come home to roost. The Scum shirt was naivety, but understand who pays your wage. And don't pull on a scum shirt in any circumstances. The area was his to command and he let in 7. 7.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024