Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? 16:10 - Jan 10 with 3694 viewsenfieldargh

Hibs striker

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:32 - Jan 10 with 3276 viewskarl

Cummings!
Definitely a good Scottish striker but Hibs turned down circa £1.75m from Peterborough, after their star striker left for some championship team(?!), so its likely that it will take over £2m and is he worth that?
For me he will go on and be worth it but at this moment i dont think he'd hit the ground running at Champ level and score the goals we would need/want. He plays well with two wingers so potentially looking like the team would be set up for him but expensive gamble i think.
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:34 - Jan 10 with 3256 viewsHunterhoop

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:32 - Jan 10 by karl

Cummings!
Definitely a good Scottish striker but Hibs turned down circa £1.75m from Peterborough, after their star striker left for some championship team(?!), so its likely that it will take over £2m and is he worth that?
For me he will go on and be worth it but at this moment i dont think he'd hit the ground running at Champ level and score the goals we would need/want. He plays well with two wingers so potentially looking like the team would be set up for him but expensive gamble i think.

Peterborough tried to but him?! They usually have great success with the forwards they sign.

We could do far worse than simply gazump them on any forward theyMre interested in. Also cuts out the middle man if we look to but a player they sign off them a year or two later.

Buy buy buy, I say.
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:36 - Jan 10 with 3239 viewskarl

I will add that as a Hibs supporter I would like him to stay, get promotion and play for a season in SPL and then go and try his hand at a higher level. He needs to mature and that would be the way to do it imo and ultimately Hibs would/should realise the highest fee that is probably going to be available for him.
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:38 - Jan 10 with 3221 viewsHunterhoop

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:36 - Jan 10 by karl

I will add that as a Hibs supporter I would like him to stay, get promotion and play for a season in SPL and then go and try his hand at a higher level. He needs to mature and that would be the way to do it imo and ultimately Hibs would/should realise the highest fee that is probably going to be available for him.

We'll be having none of that attitude on here, Karl!
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:41 - Jan 10 with 3210 viewsaston_hoop

Can he play on his own up top or in the loosely defined slightly random anywhere on the pitch in a vaguely attacking role like Ngbakoto?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:43 - Jan 10 with 3194 viewsonlyrinmoray

If we are talking Scottish strikers which is a sore point for me as I wanted our wonderful club to spend its hard earned cash on Kris Boyd Can I suggest Liam Boyce at Ross County also N Iron hes been banging them in for a couple of years He would be in our price bracket ie (Poundland )
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:50 - Jan 10 with 3156 viewskarl

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:43 - Jan 10 by onlyrinmoray

If we are talking Scottish strikers which is a sore point for me as I wanted our wonderful club to spend its hard earned cash on Kris Boyd Can I suggest Liam Boyce at Ross County also N Iron hes been banging them in for a couple of years He would be in our price bracket ie (Poundland )

Good shout Moray, he is top scorer in league i think and has had a few injuries he seems to have finally overcome.
Trouble quite often is it takes a couple of seasons for young Scottish players to adapt to the extra speed and physicality of the Championship imo and quite often there are players who have done well in Scotland get found out purely to being one paced and don't have that extra spark thats required.
I do think Cummings will develop but is he ready right now?
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:52 - Jan 10 with 3139 viewskarl

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:41 - Jan 10 by aston_hoop

Can he play on his own up top or in the loosely defined slightly random anywhere on the pitch in a vaguely attacking role like Ngbakoto?

He can play on his own and is ideally left to play in and around the box, definitely a natural goalscorer, its his strength i'd be worried about
Login to get fewer ads

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:54 - Jan 10 with 3129 viewskingsburyR

Can he play left mid? Thats where we would put him.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:56 - Jan 10 with 3117 viewsKonk

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:36 - Jan 10 by karl

I'd agree with that, Karl. I went to Hibs v United on Friday night; United were rank average, but I thought Hibs played very well. Bartley and Humphrey stood out for me and both were especially good in the first half. Cracking atmosphere and brilliant to see the home sections of the ground sold out. Great to see SJM back too. GGTTH.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:05 - Jan 10 with 3085 viewskarl

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 16:56 - Jan 10 by Konk

I'd agree with that, Karl. I went to Hibs v United on Friday night; United were rank average, but I thought Hibs played very well. Bartley and Humphrey stood out for me and both were especially good in the first half. Cracking atmosphere and brilliant to see the home sections of the ground sold out. Great to see SJM back too. GGTTH.

Good game to get to Konk, i was going to go but had to call off and i'm going to miss the Cup game at Tynecastle too. Gutted.
John McGinn will move for big money but I hope he too plays next year before leaving. I think he would be capable of Champ level now given his strength but just needs to get some more finesse to his game
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:10 - Jan 10 with 3056 viewsKetteringRangers

I'd like us to go for Jamie Walker at Hearts. Watched Hearts beat a poor Kilmarnock team recently. Walker stood out as did midfielders Prince Buaben & Arnaud Djoum.
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:12 - Jan 10 with 3040 viewsKonk

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:05 - Jan 10 by karl

Good game to get to Konk, i was going to go but had to call off and i'm going to miss the Cup game at Tynecastle too. Gutted.
John McGinn will move for big money but I hope he too plays next year before leaving. I think he would be capable of Champ level now given his strength but just needs to get some more finesse to his game

Yeah, it will probably be my only game this season as it means leaving my wife to look after my son for 2/3 days whilst I go out on the pi ss with mates in Edinburgh, so it was nice to get a good win and atmosphere. Maybe Hibs caught United on a bad night, but I really wasn't impressed with them. I know this is Hibs we're talking about, and it's only four points, but they really shouldn't fu ck this one up now. I have a terrible feeling about the cup game now it's being played at Tynecastle!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:15 - Jan 10 with 3014 viewskarl

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:10 - Jan 10 by KetteringRangers

I'd like us to go for Jamie Walker at Hearts. Watched Hearts beat a poor Kilmarnock team recently. Walker stood out as did midfielders Prince Buaben & Arnaud Djoum.

Walker is going to be interesting and has had a good season, i'm not sure but there has been talk one of his knees is dodgy, just seen it mentioned on a couple of message boards and would be good to hear from anyone else who maybe knows more?
Djoum is good but i'm not so keen on Buaben tbh.
Walker out of contract in summer so would potentially be cheap, for those that don't know he is an attacking midfielder who has scored a few this season, wins a good amount of penalties with his drives into the box.
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:18 - Jan 10 with 2992 viewskarl

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:12 - Jan 10 by Konk

Yeah, it will probably be my only game this season as it means leaving my wife to look after my son for 2/3 days whilst I go out on the pi ss with mates in Edinburgh, so it was nice to get a good win and atmosphere. Maybe Hibs caught United on a bad night, but I really wasn't impressed with them. I know this is Hibs we're talking about, and it's only four points, but they really shouldn't fu ck this one up now. I have a terrible feeling about the cup game now it's being played at Tynecastle!

Tynecastle and losing would be hellish, Bonnyrig have sold out their allocation so bound to be a lot of Jambos there. Need to keep the form from Friday going and we'll be ok for the season
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:19 - Jan 10 with 2983 viewsKetteringRangers

Before he went off injured and is now out for a lengthy period Callum Paterson impressed too against Killie. I liked the LB Faycal Rherras too.
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:37 - Jan 10 with 2916 views00calben

I was going to suggest Cummings, especially as he's been a little in-and-out of the team this season, but agree with you Karl that he needs another year or two up there before moving. Weren't Leeds interested as well as P'Boro? (although they've since changed manager).

Re the other Hearts boys (Cummings is a Jambo let's be clear), Patterson would've been a good signing (although I think his goalscoring record this season has made him seem slightly better than he actually is). Walker's a cracking little player although I'm not sure he's physically designed for the Championship. He needs to be very wise about his next move. IMO he needs to play for a very specific manager & Club to develop his career - we certainly don't fall in to that category. Dare I say it, but a club like Brentford I see as similar to Brighton from a couple of years ago.
Djioum looks excellent in highlight reels but is nowhere near consistent enough. Wouldn't improve our first XI IMO. Prince Buaben and Rherras - no thanks !
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:39 - Jan 10 with 2904 viewskarl

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:19 - Jan 10 by KetteringRangers

Before he went off injured and is now out for a lengthy period Callum Paterson impressed too against Killie. I liked the LB Faycal Rherras too.

Rherras doesn't get good reports from pundits but I haven't seen enough of him tbf. Paterson will do a job so long as defending isn't main part of his full back duties, scores a tremendous amount for a fullback and hopefully regains his full fitness to see how far he can go.
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 18:03 - Jan 10 with 2829 viewskarl

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 17:37 - Jan 10 by 00calben

I was going to suggest Cummings, especially as he's been a little in-and-out of the team this season, but agree with you Karl that he needs another year or two up there before moving. Weren't Leeds interested as well as P'Boro? (although they've since changed manager).

Re the other Hearts boys (Cummings is a Jambo let's be clear), Patterson would've been a good signing (although I think his goalscoring record this season has made him seem slightly better than he actually is). Walker's a cracking little player although I'm not sure he's physically designed for the Championship. He needs to be very wise about his next move. IMO he needs to play for a very specific manager & Club to develop his career - we certainly don't fall in to that category. Dare I say it, but a club like Brentford I see as similar to Brighton from a couple of years ago.
Djioum looks excellent in highlight reels but is nowhere near consistent enough. Wouldn't improve our first XI IMO. Prince Buaben and Rherras - no thanks !

Cummings obviously was a Jambo (fan and player) but releasing him surely means you cant still claim him as one of yours!😀
There was something about Leeds but don't think there was an offer or serious intent. I think most players coming out of Scotland need a transition period to get up to speed and if you're looking at January transfers it just isn't possible
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 21:10 - Jan 10 with 2610 viewskarl

Interesting?
They're quoting the Daily Record and tbh they're very scattergun with their transfer speculation, the Scottish Sun has a good inside track at Hibs so if it appears in there then it will have more creedence.
http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/transfer-gossip-qpr-barnsley-hib
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 22:34 - Jan 10 with 2536 viewsbosh67

Now we have some money in we should be right in for this kid. He has a cracking left foot and he's only 21.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 23:05 - Jan 10 with 2499 viewsHunterhoop

Nope. Not big enough.

We need a proper target man. An old fashioned physical sod of a no. 9.

This lad looks and sounds good but he's small.

I want someone 4 inches taller than Heidar Helguson...but, in every other way, Heidar Helguson.
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 23:06 - Jan 10 with 2495 viewsHunterhoop

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 23:05 - Jan 10 by Hunterhoop

Nope. Not big enough.

I want someone 4 inches taller than Heidar Helguson...but, in every other way, Heidar Helguson.

Darius Henderson, at his peak, would be perfect for us now. Utter thug but good at Championship level and was always affordable.
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 23:48 - Jan 10 with 2440 viewsDannyPaddox

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 23:05 - Jan 10 by Hunterhoop

Nope. Not big enough.

These fantasies of Heidur Helguson in high-heels. When did they first begin?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 23:50]
Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 00:04 - Jan 11 with 2420 viewsHunterhoop

Calling Karl, is Jason Hemmings anygood? on 23:48 - Jan 10 by DannyPaddox

These fantasies of Heidur Helguson in high-heels. When did they first begin?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 23:50]

Who doesn't love Heidar?! They're mad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024