Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Da On the way back Fred 17:14 - Feb 11 with 5209 viewsBakes

Same story every week isn't it, promising start, then concede a couple of goals from sh1t defending, look hopeless and then come out second half much better. I thought all the subs were spot on and timed perfectly today, Mackie barely touched the ball in his 50 mins, Freeman looked decent, skilful and took his goal well. Lua Lua's quick feet and cut backs led to the goal, Ngbakoto wasn't great. Still can't work out what he brings but he's not had a good run yet.

Smith is basically a posh battering ram, he won everything but the ball never found its way to Washington, I'm sure that will come with time, he's gonna have a sore head in the morning.

Manning continues to do well, he battled and battled. Wszolek was clearly identified by them as a danger, whenever he got the ball he got smothered.

A frustrating game, Huddersfield's constant falling over every time they felt the slightest contact and their physio performing keyhole surgery on the players every time meant we got 7 mins of extra time. Sadly not enough.

Huddersfield behaved like they won the league at the end, remember what that felt like?

Looking over our shoulder now.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 18:11]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Da On the way back Fred on 17:24 - Feb 11 with 4401 viewsRs_Holy

The proverbial game of 2 halves... we deserved a draw and on another day with better officials we might even have won it.
It's so frustrating watching QPR dominate and only manage 1 goal in the 90.
We will be fine if we can play like that every game.
Da On the way back Fred on 17:25 - Feb 11 with 4380 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought it was a bit mental to play Pavel at wingback in order to shoehorn in Mackie, Washington Smith and Pavel in the same team - Can't take that kind of gamble against a team like that and it cost us the first goal Hall did not step into midfield at all first half. So we were outnumbered and their 10 who man marked Manning when we had the ball ran the show when they had it. I felt that Bidwell, Onhua and Luongo were really poor in that half. Bidwell and Nedem are particularly giving us problems with no one available to replace. I thought Smith and Freeman were impressive and the Yeni sub hurt us more than helped. We probably deserved a point but if you give a team a two goal head start you are asking a hell of a lot to come back
Da On the way back Fred on 18:05 - Feb 11 with 4172 viewsStanisgod

I actually thought Smith was superb.Denied a goal by Smithies mk 2 and regarding the headers won, a lot of them were purposely headed into space , its hardly his fault no one has the brains to anticipate and get into the space for the ball. One great example in the first half headed down into the floor , nobody there and promptly threw 2 arms up. Battering ram isn't doing him justice , but everything else , spot on

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Da On the way back Fred on 18:10 - Feb 11 with 4130 views1MoreBrightonR

Interesting game...pretty entertaining given i thought it was going to be another newcastle at 2-0 down. we were good for the first 20 mins, crumbled after the goals and had a very good second half. If we played like that against crap teams, think we'd win a few games...problem is we tend to play like we did at Burton when we player teams lower down the table. We looked genuinely threatening going forward which gives me cause for optimism.
Da On the way back Fred on 18:41 - Feb 11 with 3975 viewsTacticalR

The most positive thing that can be said is that at one point it looked liked we might be in for another hiding after we went two goals down, and at least we restored a bit of pride and could have got a point.

Also, it was freezing cold, and some of the tackles were quite tasty so it's good nobody got a serious injury.

We were playing reasonably well until Huddersfield just seemed to walk through our defence (twice). Our defenders looked unsure of their positions, and got caught on their heels.

Luongo looked swamped in midfield, and was fighting for the ball against larger, stronger players.

Luke Freeman coming on helped out the midfield, plus he looked composed on the ball and keen to drive forward.

Ryan Manning looks an excellent player. His headers are like passes.

Huddersfield won because they were the better team, not necessarily at the level of individual players, but because they had a consistent style throughout the side.

Air hostess clique

Da On the way back Fred on 19:00 - Feb 11 with 3877 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Da On the way back Fred on 18:41 - Feb 11 by TacticalR

The most positive thing that can be said is that at one point it looked liked we might be in for another hiding after we went two goals down, and at least we restored a bit of pride and could have got a point.

Also, it was freezing cold, and some of the tackles were quite tasty so it's good nobody got a serious injury.

We were playing reasonably well until Huddersfield just seemed to walk through our defence (twice). Our defenders looked unsure of their positions, and got caught on their heels.

Luongo looked swamped in midfield, and was fighting for the ball against larger, stronger players.

Luke Freeman coming on helped out the midfield, plus he looked composed on the ball and keen to drive forward.

Ryan Manning looks an excellent player. His headers are like passes.

Huddersfield won because they were the better team, not necessarily at the level of individual players, but because they had a consistent style throughout the side.

I feel a lot more positive than I did after the Burton game Funnily enough
Da On the way back Fred on 19:08 - Feb 11 with 3813 viewsscottjs

Da On the way back Fred on 19:00 - Feb 11 by CroydonCaptJack

I feel a lot more positive than I did after the Burton game Funnily enough

Seriously, we were awful for 45 minutes, most annoying thing is that IH waited until the 52nd minute before changing things. I have a lot of feeling for Hollaway but it is running out. Substitutions should have been made at half time; but that would result in him admitting he got it wrong in the first place.
Da On the way back Fred on 19:08 - Feb 11 with 3813 viewsQPR_John

Da On the way back Fred on 17:24 - Feb 11 by Rs_Holy

The proverbial game of 2 halves... we deserved a draw and on another day with better officials we might even have won it.
It's so frustrating watching QPR dominate and only manage 1 goal in the 90.
We will be fine if we can play like that every game.

We do play like that in every game unfortunately only after we have given the opposition a goal or twos start
Login to get fewer ads

Da On the way back Fred on 19:09 - Feb 11 with 3800 viewsQPR_John

Da On the way back Fred on 18:05 - Feb 11 by Stanisgod

I actually thought Smith was superb.Denied a goal by Smithies mk 2 and regarding the headers won, a lot of them were purposely headed into space , its hardly his fault no one has the brains to anticipate and get into the space for the ball. One great example in the first half headed down into the floor , nobody there and promptly threw 2 arms up. Battering ram isn't doing him justice , but everything else , spot on

Agree
Da On the way back Fred on 19:13 - Feb 11 with 3758 viewsbosh67

The formation of an odd 5-2-3 really swamped the midfield.

Luongo was outpaced, outmuscled and out tackled first half.

I thought Huddersdield first half looked like a Premiership team. Too good for us.

Second half I felt they got complacent and we played a lot better.

Smith won almost everything up front and Washington, if he is to play that role, really needs to read the nod downs better. Smith was unlucky not to equalise and put in an excellent shift. He's big but he;s got decent feet too.

We were miles better with Lua Lua and Freeman on the park. Freeman moves very well off the ball and struck up an immediate partnership with Manning, who really does look the part and plays some really good Faurlin type balls about.

I think Wszolek had run himself into the ground but may have been a better idea to bring on Goss. Who knows.

I thought it was a hand ball near the end. Ball definitely came off the defender's hand and on other days, that may have gone our way.

Overall, beaten by a better team and we need to start digging out results. However, with Manning, Freeman, Lua Lua, Smith and a few others, I think we have enough to dig our way out.

Freeman and Manning linking up did show a real way forward and we were far better with them both running things. Freeman could be our new Cook.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Da On the way back Fred on 19:22 - Feb 11 with 3699 viewsBlackCrowe

Bizarre set-up in the first half, what was IH thinking. He got it right in the second half but had we started with that, it could well have been a different outcome.

Thought Smith played the perfect target role. Alas Conor is either unlucky or not instinctive enough to be in the right place at the right time - there must have been 10 knock-downs/flick ons by Smith and i don't accept that it was his fault none of them found Conor.

I thought we were excellent in the second half, being entertained sweetens the pill of losing.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Da On the way back Fred on 20:29 - Feb 11 with 3472 viewsDejR_vu

Da On the way back Fred on 18:05 - Feb 11 by Stanisgod

I thought he was good as well. It's a little ironic, I think, that we've brought in a player to create space etc. for Washington, when I don't think Washington's good enough. Never gets in front of his man to get goal-side, never anticipates where the ball will fall, never takes a risk with his runs. Unless the ball falls straight at his feet the defender beats him to it and clears.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 20:34]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Da On the way back Fred on 20:40 - Feb 11 with 3423 viewsessextaxiboy

Another awful home performance from Lloungo IMO. The bloke cant get the ball down and pass anywhere near consistently . He reminds me of Ji Sung Park , just arriving at a player as the ball leaves.
He is a League 1 player , if thats what we can afford then fair enough but he is not consistently near championship level . A performance one in three is not good enough
Da On the way back Fred on 20:56 - Feb 11 with 3363 viewsbaz_qpr

Da On the way back Fred on 20:40 - Feb 11 by essextaxiboy

Another awful home performance from Lloungo IMO. The bloke cant get the ball down and pass anywhere near consistently . He reminds me of Ji Sung Park , just arriving at a player as the ball leaves.
He is a League 1 player , if thats what we can afford then fair enough but he is not consistently near championship level . A performance one in three is not good enough

I thought he had a decent last 30 minutes but a very poor first half, not helped by the formation one thing I have noticed with Luongo is that he does seem to play well when the team as a whole is playing well but when we are not he seems to be particularly poor.
Da On the way back Fred on 21:51 - Feb 11 with 3149 viewsBrightonhoop

Excellent thread for those of miles, miles away

Do you think that is why LuaLua was brought in?

Felt we were much improved 2nd half. Also felt we should have been scoring from all over the pitch, perhas 2 seasons early. ..

Stick the kettle on, we're going to be very special.
Da On the way back Fred on 21:53 - Feb 11 with 3141 viewsozranger

Trouble is, as much as we love or hate Luongo, we are not the one who plays him game after game. I'm not saying he is like Henry, but there are similarities in that there must be something that Ollie sees in him that allows him to be picked for every game. I did not see the game so I cannot register an opinion, but hopefully he does improve.
Da On the way back Fred on 22:01 - Feb 11 with 3101 viewsFDC

Looked like a couple of good shouts for a penalty on the hightlights, what was the feeling at the ground?
Da On the way back Fred on 22:20 - Feb 11 with 3036 viewsbosh67

I have to say I agree re Luongo. He did have a better last 30 mins but you are right. He is regularly outpaced, doesn't get the ball down quick enough, gets to a player and then gets the wrong side and rarely gets really stuck into a tackle... in time. People champion that he is in the wrong formation etc but he rarely grasps a game by the scruff of the neck. I am not sure he will ever score a goal either. Don't get me wrong, he works hard, he runs about more than any other player, but usually to little real effect. Today, for much of the game, allowing for the weird formation, he got out muscled, out jumped, out paced and out thought. Compare that to Manning, who was asked to play left wing back in the change around and out tackled, out jumped and out muscled anyone who came near him, and got up and down the pitch. And he's 2 inches smaller than Massimo.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Da On the way back Fred on 22:39 - Feb 11 with 2981 viewsTacticalR

Da On the way back Fred on 22:01 - Feb 11 by FDC

Looked like a couple of good shouts for a penalty on the hightlights, what was the feeling at the ground?

The first one was some sort of judo move where Smith got thrown to the ground, but offside was already given.

The second one I couldn't see but all our players and the Loft appealed for handball.

Air hostess clique

Da On the way back Fred on 23:05 - Feb 11 with 2907 viewsLblock

I've read this thread and whilst I agree with most on Luongo there seems to be two words missing from the whole thread:-
1. Onuoha
And
2. Shit

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Da On the way back Fred on 23:17 - Feb 11 with 2874 viewsessextaxiboy

Da On the way back Fred on 21:53 - Feb 11 by ozranger

Trouble is, as much as we love or hate Luongo, we are not the one who plays him game after game. I'm not saying he is like Henry, but there are similarities in that there must be something that Ollie sees in him that allows him to be picked for every game. I did not see the game so I cannot register an opinion, but hopefully he does improve.

I don't "hate" him .I support him ..at the game. I can't fault his effort he simply isn't consistently good enough for this level.
Da On the way back Fred on 23:33 - Feb 11 with 2816 viewsPommyhoop

Is Furlong injured ?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Da On the way back Fred on 00:30 - Feb 12 with 2695 viewsIrishR

Da On the way back Fred on 23:05 - Feb 11 by Lblock

I've read this thread and whilst I agree with most on Luongo there seems to be two words missing from the whole thread:-
1. Onuoha
And
2. Shit

Have to agree regarding Onouha, he really is a weak link and has been for a long long time. I took a friend to the game today, a neutral and not even a big football fan and he said "that lad at the back is terrible, he either just hoofs it long or plays it backwards" and he wasn't wrong. Onouha has been at this for far to long now. Hes a liability and not at all composed. When he was linked with West Brom(I think) i was really hoping it would come off. Lynch and Hall for me all day long. Furlong and Bidwell/Robinson.

Manning I thought had a nervy first half with a few misplaced passes again but grew into the game when he moved actually.

Try as we might we need more creativity, Goss infront of the back 4 needs to be tested and Morrison when fit however not sure how we fit him in the team, possibly at the expense of Luongo but then me need manning to change his role or maybe Cousins to step up.

We need a tough B**tard in midfield(altho a dying breed these days) someone in the Sam Hutchinson mould. While Smith did ok we are really showing our cards by playing him and it doesn't inspire me. Ollie is really pissed off with Sylla it seems which is not good.

I think we have the players to make a very nice team and we need to find it fast, we cant keep putting these results down to bad luck.
Da On the way back Fred on 07:32 - Feb 12 with 2542 viewsBlue_Castello

Interesting how we all see different things watching the same game, I didn't go home thinking any specific player had a bad game it was more about how Ollie set us up in the first half.
What the hell was he playing at with that formation which looked a bit like 5-2-3 with Wszolek at right wing back, Manning and Luongo in midfield and then Mackie, Washington and Smith up front. The fact that both Mackie and Wszolek were falling over each other competing for the same ball half the time whilst we had acres of space on the left hand side with no left winger, Washington may have been meant to be left sided but obviously drifted all over the place.

Considering the line up we competed well for the first 25 minutes until they scored, but after that we lost our way completely, the fact people singled out Luongo for criticism seems bizarre when Manning was equally at fault in the first half, but we can't say that he's the new golden boy.
Agree with some that at times we looked poor defensively but consider Huddersfield are a very good team and will pull you out of shape by their own movement, willingness to find space and create the extra man. Onuhoua has had some good games before yesterday, looked very strong alongside Lynch and it wasn't all his fault yesterday.

The changes Ollie made at half time made a world of difference and we were able to play on the front foot again with confidence, Freeman looks an absolutely steal if we only paid 300k, Lua Lua gave us some real balance with a natural left sided player who actually wanted to get to the by-line. With a bit of luck we would of got a deserved point from that game but I was pleased with the genuine commitment from the players till the final whistle. Also was very sceptical about Smith when we bought him but he did a great job yesterday, was definitely an upgrade on Polter and I agree with Baz on the other thread the squad actually looks better.
People need to remember we just played one of the best footballing sides in the division and by the end were feeling hard done by to have lost, compare that to the shit performance against Burton.

There's no question we are in a relegation dogfight but that's been on the cards for months, what has improved is the teams overall performance and actual entertainment, if we keep playing like that we have a good chance of staying up, still baffled by some of the posters who have continually said we are a mid table team, Wigan at home now there's a six pointer.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2017 8:01]
Da On the way back Fred on 08:30 - Feb 12 with 2446 viewsactonman

Da On the way back Fred on 07:32 - Feb 12 by Blue_Castello

Interesting how we all see different things watching the same game, I didn't go home thinking any specific player had a bad game it was more about how Ollie set us up in the first half.
What the hell was he playing at with that formation which looked a bit like 5-2-3 with Wszolek at right wing back, Manning and Luongo in midfield and then Mackie, Washington and Smith up front. The fact that both Mackie and Wszolek were falling over each other competing for the same ball half the time whilst we had acres of space on the left hand side with no left winger, Washington may have been meant to be left sided but obviously drifted all over the place.

Considering the line up we competed well for the first 25 minutes until they scored, but after that we lost our way completely, the fact people singled out Luongo for criticism seems bizarre when Manning was equally at fault in the first half, but we can't say that he's the new golden boy.
Agree with some that at times we looked poor defensively but consider Huddersfield are a very good team and will pull you out of shape by their own movement, willingness to find space and create the extra man. Onuhoua has had some good games before yesterday, looked very strong alongside Lynch and it wasn't all his fault yesterday.

The changes Ollie made at half time made a world of difference and we were able to play on the front foot again with confidence, Freeman looks an absolutely steal if we only paid 300k, Lua Lua gave us some real balance with a natural left sided player who actually wanted to get to the by-line. With a bit of luck we would of got a deserved point from that game but I was pleased with the genuine commitment from the players till the final whistle. Also was very sceptical about Smith when we bought him but he did a great job yesterday, was definitely an upgrade on Polter and I agree with Baz on the other thread the squad actually looks better.
People need to remember we just played one of the best footballing sides in the division and by the end were feeling hard done by to have lost, compare that to the shit performance against Burton.

There's no question we are in a relegation dogfight but that's been on the cards for months, what has improved is the teams overall performance and actual entertainment, if we keep playing like that we have a good chance of staying up, still baffled by some of the posters who have continually said we are a mid table team, Wigan at home now there's a six pointer.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2017 8:01]

Spot on post and put much better than I could have wrote .

1st half we had nobody on the left where arjen robben, I mean mooy had the run of the park

Smith won every header that was put up to him yet we still done nothing with it

Pace, we had none until lualua came on, it's quite frightening seeing other teams attack so quick and fluently yet we look so slow and un organised.

Cheating tactics, every fking team comes here, cons the ref, fall over at every gust of wind then generally bully us on the pitch and get away with it. We need to counter act these tactics better as the refs are so fking predictable and sh!t
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024