Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gavin whyte. 20:14 - Mar 26 with 3742 viewsconnell10

Just watching the Northern Ireland U21 side play and this kid looks class!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Gavin whyte. on 21:51 - Mar 26 with 3617 viewskomradkirk

Didn't see the game but know a few Crusaders fans and they rave about him.I see his goals on the news and highly though of.Told today Celtic and Hibs both watching him.
Gavin whyte. on 09:09 - Mar 27 with 3387 viewsconnell10

Gavin whyte. on 21:51 - Mar 26 by komradkirk

Didn't see the game but know a few Crusaders fans and they rave about him.I see his goals on the news and highly though of.Told today Celtic and Hibs both watching him.

I think there was a report some where that we were looking at him as well, might be worth a punt.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Gavin whyte. on 12:02 - Mar 27 with 3276 viewsAndyLinfieldFC

Exciting times for Northern Irish football, with the emergence of players like Paul Smyth, Whyte from Crusaders, Sykes from Glenavon and McGonigle from Coleraine. All young and I believe all have what it takes to take the next step up to full time football "across the water". Whether that be in Scotland or English Championship, League 1 etc.

I believe the 4 players I've mentioned above are the future of NI international football and will all make it to the Senior squad within a season of moving to FT football.

Putting my biased hat on, I believe Paul is the best out of them all, despite only having 1 year in the senior team, whereas the others have established themselves in their respective teams for a number of seasons.
Gavin whyte. on 13:08 - Mar 27 with 3166 viewsWestbourneR

Forget all the rest Mark Sykes at Glenavon looks the real deal, absolute class. Tall, athletic, quick particularly with the ball at feet, also has a fantastic eye for pass, drives through the lines. He reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo.

I suggest anyone interested go and have a look. What a player!!

Anyone get Gary Penrice's email?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Gavin whyte. on 13:24 - Mar 27 with 3122 viewsBasingstokeR

His manager in N.Ireland U21s is Ian Baraclough isn't it?
Gavin whyte. on 15:01 - Mar 27 with 3025 viewsAndyLinfieldFC

Gavin whyte. on 13:24 - Mar 27 by BasingstokeR

His manager in N.Ireland U21s is Ian Baraclough isn't it?

Yes
Gavin whyte. on 15:06 - Mar 27 with 3018 viewssimmo

Gavin whyte. on 12:02 - Mar 27 by AndyLinfieldFC

Exciting times for Northern Irish football, with the emergence of players like Paul Smyth, Whyte from Crusaders, Sykes from Glenavon and McGonigle from Coleraine. All young and I believe all have what it takes to take the next step up to full time football "across the water". Whether that be in Scotland or English Championship, League 1 etc.

I believe the 4 players I've mentioned above are the future of NI international football and will all make it to the Senior squad within a season of moving to FT football.

Putting my biased hat on, I believe Paul is the best out of them all, despite only having 1 year in the senior team, whereas the others have established themselves in their respective teams for a number of seasons.

Thanks for your continued input here Andy, the write up you gave on Smyth after we signed him has also proven to be spot on! I bet you're chuffed with the last month he's had

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Gavin whyte. on 16:18 - Mar 27 with 2941 viewsAndyLinfieldFC

Gavin whyte. on 15:06 - Mar 27 by simmo

Thanks for your continued input here Andy, the write up you gave on Smyth after we signed him has also proven to be spot on! I bet you're chuffed with the last month he's had

100%. Im always interested in seeing how other Irish League players have done when they've moved across to FT football, whether they played for Linfield or one of our rivals.

Seeing Paul week in and out, you just knew he was special compared to the others who have went over previously in recent years, and how he has hit the ground running is no surprise to myself or other Linfield fans. I will continue to follow his development.

In terms of Linfield and being "chuffed" lol, I'm not saying that 1 player doesn't make a team, but when he wasn't in our team last year, we were a completely different team altogether. And it's no coincidence how Linfield have went from treble winners last season to 22 points off the league leaders.
Login to get fewer ads

Gavin whyte. on 16:20 - Mar 27 with 2928 viewsWestbourneR

Yeah sorry Andy mate I appreciate you know far more about this than me and it's always really good to get your inside info from NI.

What do you make of Mark Sykes? Is there a big buzz about him. He looks absolutely class above to me - even got a free-kick on him.

I wonder is Baraclough tips off people at QPR about these kids?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 17:53]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Gavin whyte. on 16:39 - Mar 27 with 2888 viewsDavieQPR

Smythe is a good advert for us. People like Whyte know they will get a chance here.
Just as a matter of interest what is it about Y instead of I in NI.
Gavin whyte. on 16:42 - Mar 27 with 2874 viewsAndyLinfieldFC

Gavin whyte. on 16:20 - Mar 27 by WestbourneR

Yeah sorry Andy mate I appreciate you know far more about this than me and it's always really good to get your inside info from NI.

What do you make of Mark Sykes? Is there a big buzz about him. He looks absolutely class above to me - even got a free-kick on him.

I wonder is Baraclough tips off people at QPR about these kids?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 17:53]

Sykes is another player who has a big future ahead of him. For a lad of 19/20 he has it all. not afraid to tackle but can drive with the ball and chips in with a few goals from CM.

May find it harder to get regular FT football playing in a CM role, however I have no doubt that if does get the move he deserves, then given time to adapt, he will do a great job. Already had Celtic and Leicester talk to him in the January transfer window. Although after the window closed, he signed a new contract with Glenavon. Not too sure if that was to fend off potential buyers or basically just increase any transfer fee that will inevitably come in for him.
Gavin whyte. on 16:43 - Mar 29 with 2556 viewsAndyLinfieldFC

Was searching for something online and came across this article from January re Gavin Whyte in our local newspaper - https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/crusaders/qpr-lea
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024