Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World cup 2026 14:31 - Jun 17 with 3407 viewsPaddyhoops

I see the venues for world cup in 2026 have been released which means Mexico will hav e hosted (albeit joint with USA) three times since England in 1966.
FIFA really do not like the idea of a world cup in this country.
World cup 2026 on 14:36 - Jun 17 with 2703 viewssparkey

The behavior at Euro2020 probably justifies their concern I'd say
World cup 2026 on 14:42 - Jun 17 with 2670 viewsRangersw12

World cup 2026 on 14:36 - Jun 17 by sparkey

Really?

Look how much trouble there is around Europe compared to games in the UK

Also there was a game in Mexico recently where there was multiple serious injuries and rumours of deaths all far worse than what happened at euro 2020

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mexico-footbal
World cup 2026 on 14:42 - Jun 17 with 2664 viewsAntti_Heinola

TBF Mexico stepped in pretty last minute in 86 i think?
But when Fifa choose Russia and Qatar, they're not only doing it to spite England are they? There are other reasons like [redacted] and [redacted] and of course, [redacted]

Bare bones.

World cup 2026 on 14:50 - Jun 17 with 2616 viewssparkey

World cup 2026 on 14:42 - Jun 17 by Rangersw12

Really?

Also there was a game in Mexico recently where there was multiple serious injuries and rumours of deaths all far worse than what happened at euro 2020

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mexico-footbal

Yeah I suppose so.

Also thinking about it, they couldnt give two sh*ts about fan safety its all about the money.
World cup 2026 on 14:56 - Jun 17 with 2558 viewsPaddyhoops

World cup 2026 on 14:50 - Jun 17 by sparkey

Yeah I suppose so.

Also thinking about it, they couldnt give two sh*ts about fan safety its all about the money.

Just very sad that a great footballing nation keeps missing out.
USA soccer ball will have hosted it more than England. Pathetic.
Back handers no doubt par for the course.
World cup 2026 on 15:01 - Jun 17 with 2525 viewsDubaiR

Plus winter in Qatar 25-30 not as brutal as some make out. Summer in Mexico will be hotter!
World cup 2026 on 15:09 - Jun 17 with 2471 viewsthemodfather

ok the trouble at wembley was bad but it was poor policing from the off, met police were not "booked" til 3pm by then the area was chaos....
as for mexico, as said a 3rd world cup and the country is run by drug cartels, usa get a 2nd in 30 years a nation built on guns and fast food .???
the only way we will get it is to do a "shared" one with home nations and Rep of ireland.oh and offer bribes
World cup 2026 on 15:18 - Jun 17 with 2440 viewsterryb

World cup 2026 on 14:42 - Jun 17 by Antti_Heinola

TBF Mexico stepped in pretty last minute in 86 i think?
But when Fifa choose Russia and Qatar, they're not only doing it to spite England are they? There are other reasons like [redacted] and [redacted] and of course, [redacted]

Yes, Mexico took over as hosts after Columbia withdrew.

Originally, the host country was one South American (then American) & two European. Since hosting was opened up to other parts of the world, I think it is now Europe, America & Rest of The World in every three competitions.

I would say that Australia, Morocco/Eygpt & Senegal/Cameroon have a better case for being hosts than England.
Login to get fewer ads

World cup 2026 on 15:28 - Jun 17 with 2367 viewsstevec

World cup 2026 on 14:36 - Jun 17 by sparkey

I think we’re being offered Euro28 aren’t we? It’s almost as if we are being rewarded for acting like total cnts at the Euro20 final.
World cup 2026 on 15:33 - Jun 17 with 2350 viewsjoe90

World cup 2026 on 14:42 - Jun 17 by Rangersw12

Really?

Your missing the point.

We let ourselves down when it counted and we only have the fans to blame. Even the Russian's managed to keep a lid on it during the World Cup.

It's not just the 'hooligans' it our insistence on drinking and taking over city centres because we think it our god given right. Almost always leads to trouble and yes, the Brits have much bigger problem with it than other countries.
World cup 2026 on 15:36 - Jun 17 with 2329 viewsDWQPR

World cup 2026 on 15:18 - Jun 17 by terryb

Originally, the host country was one South American (then American) & two European. Since hosting was opened up to other parts of the world, I think it is now Europe, America & Rest of The World in every three competitions.

I would say that Australia, Morocco/Eygpt & Senegal/Cameroon have a better case for being hosts than England.

It's because we were the first to question the goings on at FIFA, putting the likes of Blatter and Jack Warner in the spotlight. They will never forgive the exposure to the corruption at FIFA. We are the sixth richest nation in the world, have the best supported league and the fifth best supported league, some of the best stadia, about to host the Women's Euro's where I heard this morning that the ticket sale count over a month ago topped 400,000. Held the most successful Olympic games of all time, with sell outs for every event, even the 9am heats and the same went for the Paralympics. Compare that to Rio in 2016 where there was chaos in terms of making sure the stadiums were ready and safe and then ended up half full.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

World cup 2026 on 15:44 - Jun 17 with 2276 viewsMrSheen

World cup 2026 on 15:18 - Jun 17 by terryb

I wonder how a Colombia World Cup would have gone. There must have been a few drinks (or something) before that decision was taken.
World cup 2026 on 16:04 - Jun 17 with 2212 viewsJuzzie

FIFA will no doubt tell everyone that the World Cup gives countries the income to be able to build stadiums and improve the infrastructure of the game in those countries compared to other countries (such as us) where it's already in place.

Yeah, really worked well in South Korea 9and japan) didn't it where newly built stadiums were hardly used afterwards and now lie in ruins.
World cup 2026 on 16:05 - Jun 17 with 2206 viewsterryb

World cup 2026 on 15:44 - Jun 17 by MrSheen

I wonder how a Colombia World Cup would have gone. There must have been a few drinks (or something) before that decision was taken.

It certainly would have been interesting!

I assumed that the Columbian government ran out of money to build the stadiums etc due to the activities of Escobar etc.

Or maybe the drug cartels said NO.
World cup 2026 on 16:08 - Jun 17 with 2198 viewsVancouverHoop

The reality is that this year's WC will almost certainly be the last held in a single country. In 2026 it will expand to 48 teams playing a total of 80 matches. It's simply too unwieldy and expensive for one nation to host anymore. The best chance for England is probably to organise an all-UK bid, which would maybe include Ireland too.
World cup 2026 on 16:10 - Jun 17 with 2188 viewsRangersw12

World cup 2026 on 15:33 - Jun 17 by joe90

Your missing the point.

We let ourselves down when it counted and we only have the fans to blame. Even the Russian's managed to keep a lid on it during the World Cup.

It's not just the 'hooligans' it our insistence on drinking and taking over city centres because we think it our god given right. Almost always leads to trouble and yes, the Brits have much bigger problem with it than other countries.

Yeah how dare English football fans go to other country's and have a drink in the city centre

It's fine for the foreigners to all mob up in one place and walk to the ground in their thousands though 👍
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 16:15]
World cup 2026 on 16:12 - Jun 17 with 2177 viewsRangersw12

World cup 2026 on 16:08 - Jun 17 by VancouverHoop

The reality is that this year's WC will almost certainly be the last held in a single country. In 2026 it will expand to 48 teams playing a total of 80 matches. It's simply too unwieldy and expensive for one nation to host anymore. The best chance for England is probably to organise an all-UK bid, which would maybe include Ireland too.

With 48 teams it will become unwatchable
World cup 2026 on 16:19 - Jun 17 with 2161 viewsMrSheen

World cup 2026 on 16:05 - Jun 17 by terryb

It certainly would have been interesting!

I assumed that the Columbian government ran out of money to build the stadiums etc due to the activities of Escobar etc.

Or maybe the drug cartels said NO.

Havelange. Enough said.

https://twohundredpercent.net/world-cup-tales-colombia-1986-the-world-cup-that-n
World cup 2026 on 16:30 - Jun 17 with 2116 viewsjoe90

World cup 2026 on 16:10 - Jun 17 by Rangersw12

Yeah how dare English football fans go to other country's and have a drink in the city centre

It's fine for the foreigners to all mob up in one place and walk to the ground in their thousands though 👍
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 16:15]

Pretty much never causes the same problems England fans do and if it does it's usually a rare occurrence.

The second biggest problem we have after our drinking culture is our complete denial of it. Always the same problem but never our fault.
World cup 2026 on 16:33 - Jun 17 with 2095 viewssparkey

World cup 2026 on 16:30 - Jun 17 by joe90

Pretty much never causes the same problems England fans do and if it does it's usually a rare occurrence.

The second biggest problem we have after our drinking culture is our complete denial of it. Always the same problem but never our fault.

I dont think drinking culture in this country is necessarily a bad thing as pubs with your mates is always a great meet up place and tend to be great nights. Drink just unfortunately brings violence out of (usually already violent) people.
World cup 2026 on 16:38 - Jun 17 with 2054 viewscharmr

Baltimore and using the Ravens stadium didn’t get invited to the party, shame.

Apparently the fifa delegates called the city authentic.
World cup 2026 on 16:55 - Jun 17 with 1990 viewsLblock

World cup 2026 on 16:30 - Jun 17 by joe90

Sorry but this is bollox.

More self flagellation by people who simply accept what the media shovels your way.
England fans are now some of the best behaved on the planet, we are a local economy’s dream when travelling.
You’re homing in on the Euro Final at Wembley? Yep some fairly naughty scenes there but if you were there then you’d have to agree lots of that caused by quite a content of local yoofs without tickets and lots who’d never been to a game in their life. Many just went to the stadium to party and undeniably a bit of herd mentality built up.

If you think the English game still has a major violence issue then please don’t ever go to a game in Eatern Europe, Holland, Germany or countless other places where large scale violence and behaviour deemed unacceptable is commonplace

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

World cup 2026 on 17:03 - Jun 17 with 1957 viewsjoe90

World cup 2026 on 16:55 - Jun 17 by Lblock

Sorry but this is bollox.

More self flagellation by people who simply accept what the media shovels your way.
England fans are now some of the best behaved on the planet, we are a local economy’s dream when travelling.
You’re homing in on the Euro Final at Wembley? Yep some fairly naughty scenes there but if you were there then you’d have to agree lots of that caused by quite a content of local yoofs without tickets and lots who’d never been to a game in their life. Many just went to the stadium to party and undeniably a bit of herd mentality built up.

If you think the English game still has a major violence issue then please don’t ever go to a game in Eatern Europe, Holland, Germany or countless other places where large scale violence and behaviour deemed unacceptable is commonplace

We're not going to agree on this.
World cup 2026 on 17:25 - Jun 17 with 1917 viewsRangersw12

World cup 2026 on 17:03 - Jun 17 by joe90

We're not going to agree on this.

We probably won't agree but interested to know if you have followed England abroad recently or just going by what you've seen in the news/papers etc
World cup 2026 on 17:31 - Jun 17 with 1898 viewsessextaxiboy

This World Cup was awarded in 2018 . It was only the venues announced yesterday .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024