Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Angel Rangel 17:30 - Mar 7 with 3265 viewsSnipper

Can we get another year out of him?

His experience and knowledge is invaluable.
Angel Rangel on 17:35 - Mar 7 with 2787 viewsbosh67

He loves playing. Players love playing with him. Certainly seems to have one more season in him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Angel Rangel on 17:38 - Mar 7 with 2766 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Angel Rangel on 17:35 - Mar 7 by bosh67

He loves playing. Players love playing with him. Certainly seems to have one more season in him.

Might also sign for a deal on low basic wages and high incentives?

Given how young our team will be again next season it would be good if we could manage to keep his influence around the place.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Angel Rangel on 17:40 - Mar 7 with 2755 viewsVancouverHoop

He was excellent today. Especially in the first half when everyone else wasn't at the races. He was covering everybody along the back-line, and seemed to anticipate who needed shoring up before the ball got there.
Angel Rangel on 21:15 - Mar 7 with 2502 viewsrsonist

Absolute top drawer class act, love the fella. Player, coach, whatever - keep him around, he is good for the club.
Angel Rangel on 21:22 - Mar 7 with 2452 viewsmcqpr10

Saw him agaisnt brentford at home this year and I thought his time was up.

But been superb lately. What a class act.
Angel Rangel on 10:20 - Mar 8 with 2048 viewsgazza1

He has been a very good addition to the squad. MW has used him very wisely indeed. He will be here next season for sure-fantastic attitude and proper professional. IN MW interview after the game at Preston he talks about the half time discussions between the players and I would suggest that he was the central point of those heated discussions.
Angel Rangel on 10:26 - Mar 8 with 2018 viewsstevec

Top man.

Sensed a bit of an ageist attitude to some of the stalwarts at some points in the last two seasons, thankfully it seems to have passed. We need these players.
Angel Rangel on 10:27 - Mar 8 with 2019 viewsfrancisbowles

If Angel wants it and believes he can make a similar contribution then we should try and agree another one year deal with him. Very good experienced player on and off the pitch by all accounts.
Login to get fewer ads

Angel Rangel on 10:44 - Mar 8 with 1975 viewsWadR

He may lack of pace but he's still a brilliant 1 on 1 defender - can only really think of Benrahma that has run him ragged this year.

And as much as Barbet's return has, rightly, been credited for improving our ability to play out from the back - Rangel's also excellent on the ball. Really helps us in transition and he's good at feeding Bright with balls to feet regularly .
Angel Rangel on 11:43 - Mar 8 with 1891 viewsrsonist

Angel Rangel on 10:26 - Mar 8 by stevec

Top man.

Sensed a bit of an ageist attitude to some of the stalwarts at some points in the last two seasons, thankfully it seems to have passed. We need these players.

Yeah I do think in all the frustration arguing against loaning out Chair and Manning last season people got too carried away with the whole "team of men" sarcasm. Cameron, Wallace, Pugh, and Rangel are model pros the club did well to do their homework on and bring in.

I remember reading an article on Bournemouth's struggles this season where one source in the squad said Pugh's experience was being particularly missed. Older pros have a responsibility to justify their contracts on the pitch obviously but their impact on the club isn't necessarily quantified by just that either .

I might be wrong but Rangel it's seemed to me has (subconsciously or otherwise) never quite been forgiven by some for taking minutes off Darnell. I also thought Kane was wildly overrated start of the season as part of that.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 13:09]
Angel Rangel on 12:35 - Mar 8 with 1823 viewsNorthernr

If he can go round again you’d probably do it right? Been on his last legs at points but playing really well atm and obviously a great influence.
Whatever you think of Kane, good or bad, I think we have him a 4 year contract so you have to factor that in.
Angel Rangel on 12:40 - Mar 8 with 1802 viewsstevec

Angel Rangel on 12:35 - Mar 8 by Northernr

If he can go round again you’d probably do it right? Been on his last legs at points but playing really well atm and obviously a great influence.
Whatever you think of Kane, good or bad, I think we have him a 4 year contract so you have to factor that in.

How on earth did Kane get a ‘Massimo’ ?
Angel Rangel on 12:41 - Mar 8 with 1803 viewsMedwayR

Kane signed on a 3 year contract. We will also need to consider Kakay.

I like Rangel, Cameron, Pugh and Wallace and the experience that they bring but their lack of pace concerns me. Cameron's red card yesterday was down to him arriving late into tackles and it's not going to improve.

Poll: Who’s better?

Angel Rangel on 12:47 - Mar 8 with 1775 viewssmegma

Angel Rangel on 21:22 - Mar 7 by mcqpr10

Saw him agaisnt brentford at home this year and I thought his time was up.

But been superb lately. What a class act.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Angel Rangel on 13:20 - Mar 8 with 1716 viewsrsonist

Factor in how? Support the player we're tied to longest you mean?

In fairness to Kane, as with Manning his strengths and weaknesses (and inherently those of the roles they play) are pretty obvious and if we play to the former and don't make adequate arrangements to cover the latter it's not entirely his fault.
Angel Rangel on 08:05 - Mar 9 with 1475 viewsdenhamhoop2

Angel Rangel on 13:20 - Mar 8 by rsonist

Factor in how? Support the player we're tied to longest you mean?

In fairness to Kane, as with Manning his strengths and weaknesses (and inherently those of the roles they play) are pretty obvious and if we play to the former and don't make adequate arrangements to cover the latter it's not entirely his fault.

Wish we had him at 27 must've been a helluva player
Angel Rangel on 08:39 - Mar 9 with 1423 viewsderbyhoop

Fantastic professional and, supposedly, a superb influence off the pitch.
If he is fit enough and wants to carry on, we'd be foolish to turn him down. But, it will be decreasing returns (i.e. less games than this season) and that has to be reflected in any contract offer.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Angel Rangel on 09:23 - Mar 9 with 1368 viewsGloucs_R

Angel Rangel on 12:41 - Mar 8 by MedwayR

Kane signed on a 3 year contract. We will also need to consider Kakay.

I like Rangel, Cameron, Pugh and Wallace and the experience that they bring but their lack of pace concerns me. Cameron's red card yesterday was down to him arriving late into tackles and it's not going to improve.

I think we'll release him and bring in another RB/CB . Kakay doenst look like he has done enough (Out of contract in the summer) and I suspect they are not 100% convinced of Kane.

Manning will be sold, Wallace will start as LB and Nico will cover.

Toni will be sold, Hall released, Cameron released. So thats two new defenders coming in - CB and a RB/CB.

Thats my prediction anyhow.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Angel Rangel on 09:39 - Mar 9 with 1336 viewsfrancisbowles

Angel Rangel on 09:23 - Mar 9 by Gloucs_R

I think we'll release him and bring in another RB/CB . Kakay doenst look like he has done enough (Out of contract in the summer) and I suspect they are not 100% convinced of Kane.

Toni will be sold, Hall released, Cameron released. So thats two new defenders coming in - CB and a RB/CB.

If you add the likely/possible sales of Eze and BOS that's a lot of changes (six) again to the first team.

I would hope they try for a bit more continuity and build on the achievements of this season.

Interesting that you think Nico, who was left on loan in Scotland, will be part of the squad but not Kakay, who was recalled.
Angel Rangel on 09:49 - Mar 9 with 1313 viewsGloucs_R

Angel Rangel on 09:39 - Mar 9 by francisbowles

If you add the likely/possible sales of Eze and BOS that's a lot of changes (six) again to the first team.

I would hope they try for a bit more continuity and build on the achievements of this season.

Interesting that you think Nico, who was left on loan in Scotland, will be part of the squad but not Kakay, who was recalled.

I only base that on some of the comments I have seen about Nico.

I do foresee another big summer, £37m transfer fees coming our way....

Eze - £20m
BOS - £10m
Manning - £5m
BFG - £2m
Plus one keeper

End of contract for Rangel, Cameron, Nico, Kakay, Hall.

Loan endings for Hugill, Amos and Clarke.

Angel Rangel on 09:51 - Mar 9 with 1311 viewsozexile

Angel Rangel on 09:23 - Mar 9 by Gloucs_R

I can't see Wallace starting as left back.
Angel Rangel on 09:53 - Mar 9 with 1307 viewsGloucs_R

Angel Rangel on 09:51 - Mar 9 by ozexile

I can't see Wallace starting as left back.

Maybe, I think he would have started this season as main LB but Manning took his chance.

Angel Rangel on 11:33 - Mar 9 with 1204 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Angel Rangel on 09:53 - Mar 9 by Gloucs_R

Maybe, I think he would have started this season as main LB but Manning took his chance.

Agreed.

I think he should be starting now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Angel Rangel on 12:14 - Mar 9 with 1139 viewsBAWHoops

My worry would be that when his legs do go they will completely go and he will become a liability very very quickly.
We are somewhat playing with fire at the moment, but there's no doubt that the last 2 seasons our good form has usually coincided with him playing

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Angel Rangel on 12:42 - Mar 9 with 1107 viewsDavieQPR

Wonder how many people realise his full name is Angel Rangel Zaragoza.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024