Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Dennis interview 14:54 - Apr 23 with 1439 viewsenfieldargh

QPR mentioned around 14.50.

One of my favourite full backs

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Mark Dennis interview on 15:05 - Apr 23 with 1423 viewsloftboy

I remember when he got a huge ovation when he lumped Ardiles at WHL, only bad thing about it was he had already set up our goal by skinning him and crossing for coney to actually score and he was in exactly the same position when Ardiles Yanked his shirt, he just stopped turned around and thumped him,absolute quality.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 15:06]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mark Dennis interview on 15:46 - Apr 23 with 1379 viewsenfieldargh

Mark Dennis interview on 15:05 - Apr 23 by loftboy

I remember when he got a huge ovation when he lumped Ardiles at WHL, only bad thing about it was he had already set up our goal by skinning him and crossing for coney to actually score and he was in exactly the same position when Ardiles Yanked his shirt, he just stopped turned around and thumped him,absolute quality.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 15:06]

he got banned for 56 days for an altercation with Ardiles.

Later they must have been teammates?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Mark Dennis interview on 15:59 - Apr 23 with 1366 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Funniest ever Mark Dennis moment was when we played West Ham at home one season and a whole load of ICF came in next to us in the Paddocks. Dennis had let's say a few well publicised domestic problems and the ICF lad started singing 'Wifebeater, wifebeater...' at him. He just turned towards them and snarled 'Yes, that's right'. They were so surprised they just all laughed and cheered every time he touched the ball after that. It was all a bit surreal.
Mark Dennis interview on 16:19 - Apr 23 with 1338 viewsEsox_Lucius

My story about him concerns Franz Carr skinning him a couple of times and you could see Mark having a word with him but Carr did it again. I was half expecting the red card tackle to make an appearance but it didn't. What did happen was a free kick to QPR close to the paddocks around the 18 yard line. Carr was bouncing up and down in front of Mark in an attempt to put him off and Mark was taking his time. It must have been to get an idea of the cadence of the jumping because when he did take the kick Carr was off the ground and the ball was driven as hard as he could hit it into his bollocks. He folded in half with a vocal noise you could hear from behind the goal and took no further part in the match.

The grass is always greener.

Mark Dennis interview on 19:13 - Apr 23 with 1246 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I know he wasn’t with us long, but he was unplayable when at his best. As good as Clive Wilson was, I’d still pick Dennis at left back in my all time XI.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mark Dennis interview on 19:23 - Apr 23 with 1235 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mark Dennis interview on 19:13 - Apr 23 by PlanetHonneywood

I know he wasn’t with us long, but he was unplayable when at his best. As good as Clive Wilson was, I’d still pick Dennis at left back in my all time XI.

Strange, I wouldn't have him within an asses roar of Wilson, John, who was the best I've seen at ours.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mark Dennis interview on 20:02 - Apr 23 with 1194 viewspaulparker

Well overated imo, not fit to lace Ian Dawes jock strap , don’t get the love for him tbh

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mark Dennis interview on 20:41 - Apr 23 with 1162 viewsLblock

He was a character and a great player.
Didn’t come up to Willo’s ankles in my opinion

Because of where I sat I always seemed to have an affinity with touchline hugging players.
Willo
Sinton
Dennis
Dawes
Fereday

They were the ones back in the day

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Dennis interview on 22:00 - Apr 23 with 1089 viewsBucksRanger

Ian Gillard was the best.
Mark Dennis interview on 23:06 - Apr 23 with 1028 viewshoopsmark

Mark Dennis interview on 22:00 - Apr 23 by BucksRanger

Ian Gillard was the best.

All day long
Mark Dennis interview on 23:16 - Apr 23 with 1018 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Mark Dennis interview on 20:02 - Apr 23 by paulparker

Well overated imo, not fit to lace Ian Dawes jock strap , don’t get the love for him tbh

Loved Dawsie
Mark Dennis interview on 03:04 - Apr 24 with 976 viewsLazyFan

Dennis was very talented. Samson only got the England LB position because Dennis kept getting reds.

Dawes was said never to have got an England cap because Samsons form was so good. When Samson came to QPR you could see why. However, I think Wilson was better than both of them and they were awesome LB's.

So, Wilson just gets the nod over Dennis the menace for me.

You can read about the problems here:
https://footballfriendsonline.com/blog/2015/07/08/mark-dennis-the-original-psych

Dennis, Macca, Mad Dog, Falco. Who would want to play against us back then? Even the Crazy Gang feared us having never beaten us until I think a few years later for the very first time.

zzzzzzzzzz

Mark Dennis interview on 07:00 - Apr 24 with 944 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mark Dennis interview on 03:04 - Apr 24 by LazyFan

Dennis was very talented. Samson only got the England LB position because Dennis kept getting reds.

Dawes was said never to have got an England cap because Samsons form was so good. When Samson came to QPR you could see why. However, I think Wilson was better than both of them and they were awesome LB's.

So, Wilson just gets the nod over Dennis the menace for me.

You can read about the problems here:
https://footballfriendsonline.com/blog/2015/07/08/mark-dennis-the-original-psych

Dennis, Macca, Mad Dog, Falco. Who would want to play against us back then? Even the Crazy Gang feared us having never beaten us until I think a few years later for the very first time.

Perfect assessment. As a country we’ve had our fair share of outstanding full backs over the years. I always thought the performances of Cole, A and Neville, G in tournaments were often overlooked because of the fixation on Golden Balls and his ilk.

Currently at RB, Kyle Walker can’t get a look-in. Although I do wonder if there’s something we don’t know about, as it seems odd that he was discarded so soon after the 2018 WC.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024