Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
38 years ago today 13:09 - May 22 with 1064 viewsloftboy

Would have just been walking down Wembley way!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

38 years ago today on 14:20 - May 22 with 1006 viewsBoston

Too many Spurs coming in that way.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

38 years ago today on 14:23 - May 22 with 1002 viewsstowmarketrange

The final is being shown tomorrow morning on BT sport 3 at 9am.
38 years ago today on 14:36 - May 22 with 983 viewsBrianMcCarthy

38 years ago today on 14:23 - May 22 by stowmarketrange

I just watched the highlights of those, and 12-yr old me nearly cried all over again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

38 years ago today on 14:38 - May 22 with 973 views2Thomas2Bowles

Queuing outside the Loft or tickets (6) and again for the replay.
My Mrs in her bowler hat...

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

38 years ago today on 14:45 - May 22 with 968 viewsqpr_1968

38 years ago today on 14:23 - May 22 by stowmarketrange

What should have been a great and historic day for me and the mrs(her first time at Wembley) she don't like football, but came for the day out.

I was living in the peabodys, lillie road/north end road back then.
Had a lovely breakfast, went to the big plough, harrow road, got an 18 bus to the triangle.

got to the turnstiles bang on 2 oclock, pulled out my tickets and to my horror, they were the ENGLAND V HOLLAND tickets that we were playing on the Tuesday, I think.
the ticket stubs were exactly the same, except for the teams, obviously.
I had them on the sideboard and just took the two at the top without looking.

went back to the triangle asking all black cab drivers to take us to Fulham and back, but
none of them did, they wanted to watch the cup final.
but one black cab with a very old driver sitteing there looking bored agreed on a price
return to Fulham and back.....£13.
got us back to Wembley at 10 past 3......crap view, but was worth the hassle for fenwicks equaliser.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

38 years ago today on 15:57 - May 22 with 911 viewsBrianMcCarthy

38 years ago today on 14:45 - May 22 by qpr_1968

What should have been a great and historic day for me and the mrs(her first time at Wembley) she don't like football, but came for the day out.

I was living in the peabodys, lillie road/north end road back then.
Had a lovely breakfast, went to the big plough, harrow road, got an 18 bus to the triangle.

got to the turnstiles bang on 2 oclock, pulled out my tickets and to my horror, they were the ENGLAND V HOLLAND tickets that we were playing on the Tuesday, I think.
the ticket stubs were exactly the same, except for the teams, obviously.
I had them on the sideboard and just took the two at the top without looking.

went back to the triangle asking all black cab drivers to take us to Fulham and back, but
none of them did, they wanted to watch the cup final.
but one black cab with a very old driver sitteing there looking bored agreed on a price
return to Fulham and back.....£13.
got us back to Wembley at 10 past 3......crap view, but was worth the hassle for fenwicks equaliser.

Ah, brilliant story. Glad you got to see the goal!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

38 years ago today on 16:23 - May 22 with 874 viewsqpr_1968

38 years ago today on 15:57 - May 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah, brilliant story. Glad you got to see the goal!

cheers brian.
ended up walking back to the pavilion after the game, the result and the walk meant the first pint never touched the sides...en route back to the pav, about 30 people were watching the highlights on the news in one of them radio rental tv shops in Harlesden.
ended up in the north pole until closing, both of us cant remember getting back to Fulham after.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

38 years ago today on 18:12 - May 22 with 791 viewskingo

38 years ago today on 14:20 - May 22 by Boston

Too many Spurs coming in that way.

A couple of us agreed to have a pint with a couple of mates who were Spurs. We agreed to meet in The Globe opposite Baker Street. What a mistake that turned out to be, absolutely rammed with Tottenham and not friendly.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Login to get fewer ads

38 years ago today on 18:15 - May 22 with 787 viewsBoston

38 years ago today on 14:38 - May 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Queuing outside the Loft or tickets (6) and again for the replay.
My Mrs in her bowler hat...

Had she marched from Glasgow?

38 years ago today on 18:18 - May 22 with 774 viewsMickS_

38 years ago today on 18:15 - May 22 by Boston

500 miles.
38 years ago today on 18:30 - May 22 with 740 viewsBoston

I went up to North Harrow and met a number of lads for a drink. More Rangers up there than Spurs so atmosphere was pretty good. One of the Tottenham fans had a terrace ticket for our end, so I swapped my halfway line seat for his as I preferred the thought of a knees up. Coming back down on the train was fine but getting out at Wembley Park produced a totally different scenario, very few R’s and the Lily Whites weren’t overly friendly. Still, made it to the stadium with no casualties.
My original ticket had been given to me by Dino Ortenzi(west paddock s/t to this day), his dad had an Italian restaurant in Eastcote where the team had eaten the night before.

38 years ago today on 19:47 - May 22 with 680 views2Thomas2Bowles

38 years ago today on 18:15 - May 22 by Boston

No but we walked from Perivale where she lived at the time. I remember it was a hot day , or was that her

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

38 years ago today on 22:41 - May 22 with 585 viewswombat

38 years ago today on 19:47 - May 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

No but we walked from Perivale where she lived at the time. I remember it was a hot day , or was that her

Went with the old man sat round about the half way line about 2 3rds back , fenwick scored and think I ended up 7 rows closer to the pitch than I started , went back to the old western arms on the A40 after then down the ground to cue up for replay tickets .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

38 years ago today on 00:05 - May 23 with 544 viewsdistortR

38 years ago today on 18:30 - May 22 by Boston

I went up to North Harrow and met a number of lads for a drink. More Rangers up there than Spurs so atmosphere was pretty good. One of the Tottenham fans had a terrace ticket for our end, so I swapped my halfway line seat for his as I preferred the thought of a knees up. Coming back down on the train was fine but getting out at Wembley Park produced a totally different scenario, very few R’s and the Lily Whites weren’t overly friendly. Still, made it to the stadium with no casualties.
My original ticket had been given to me by Dino Ortenzi(west paddock s/t to this day), his dad had an Italian restaurant in Eastcote where the team had eaten the night before.

14yr old me came up from beckenham with my dad, didn't see a Ranger, getting quite a lot of abuse, turned a corner and thousands of Rangers queuing to get in. The relief..........We were stood next to a short skinhead and a really tall bloke with red hair and a home made top hat with QPR subbuteo players stuck on it - they chased off some spuds who looked intersted. Anyone on here?
As a youth coming over from the IOM, I used to bump into a bloke called Ian Stewart down north, really nice bloke, anyone know him? (Not the player)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024