Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Weds 07:51 - Oct 18 with 1954 viewsGloucs_R

Time to give Chair a rest and assuming Amos is injured.

Does anyone know why Thomas wasn't in the squad yesterday?

I would go....

Dieng
Kakay Dickie Barnet Wallace
Cameron Carroll
BOS Thomas Willock
Dykes

[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 7:51]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Team for Weds on 08:18 - Oct 18 with 1874 viewsbakerloo8

Adomah for Willock, Chair for Thomas.
Team for Weds on 09:49 - Oct 18 with 1712 viewsjohnhoop

Team for Weds on 08:18 - Oct 18 by bakerloo8

Adomah for Willock, Chair for Thomas.

Ball for Cameron and that would be my team too.
Team for Weds on 09:54 - Oct 18 with 1697 viewsQPR_Nippon

Yeah, rather than give Chair a rest (we’ve just had 2 weeks without a game) I would move him in to the centre and bring in either Adomah or Willock depending on which side BOS plays. Would play Ball over Cameron also.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 9:55]
Team for Weds on 10:22 - Oct 18 with 1614 viewsLythamR

Dieng
Kakay Dickie Barbet Wallace
Adomah Chair Ball Willock
Dykes Bonne
Team for Weds on 10:31 - Oct 18 with 1598 viewsfrancisbowles

Being that the game is on Wednesday and not Tuesday, we may not need to rest anyone. That may come for Saturday as there is a day less in between and there will be a cumulative effect.

We will have to see whether BOS and Amos recover from their 'knocks' or injuries and whether Dykes is ok.
Team for Weds on 11:13 - Oct 18 with 1521 viewsbosh67

It looks like Amos may be out for a bit. I thought her looked pretty good yesterday. Definitely improving and, barring another injury, what he does have is short burst pace. BOS may have a strain but if he can't play and with Chair/Cameron looking quite tired after an hour, and not sure if Thomas is ready, this would be my side...

Dieng
Adomah Carroll Ball Willock
Dykes Bonne

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Team for Weds on 12:58 - Oct 18 with 1341 viewssmudgehoop

Team for Weds on 10:22 - Oct 18 by LythamR

Dieng
Adomah Chair Ball Willock
Dykes Bonne

Would love to see this 4-4-2 line-up

Team for Weds on 13:08 - Oct 18 with 1316 viewsdaveB

Chair to me looks a bit like Eze did in his second season, a lot of pressure on him and trying a bit too hard to make things happen which had come naturally last year. We do have other options now so can rotate him a bit and keep him fresh, would personally like to see Thomas get a run in the number 10 role but not sure if he is injured at the moment
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Weds on 17:10 - Oct 18 with 1102 viewsGreenbay

Amazing how in such a short time we've all settled (so far) for the same back five.
Dieng
Kakay, Dickie, Barbet, Wallace.
As we didn't concede a goal at Bournemouth won't Warbs want to continue to play
Cameron and Ball just in front of the defence?
That leaves 4 to pick (with Amos now unlikely to play cos of injury)
BOS or Adomah, Chair with Dykes and Bonne up front.
Subs - The 3 obvious Kelly, Kane and Masterson
The others Thomas (if fit), Adomah who looks really good or BOS, Willock, and Bettache.
Team for Weds on 17:13 - Oct 18 with 1095 viewsGreenbay

Team for Weds on 17:10 - Oct 18 by Greenbay

Amazing how in such a short time we've all settled (so far) for the same back five.
Dieng
Kakay, Dickie, Barbet, Wallace.
As we didn't concede a goal at Bournemouth won't Warbs want to continue to play
Cameron and Ball just in front of the defence?
That leaves 4 to pick (with Amos now unlikely to play cos of injury)
BOS or Adomah, Chair with Dykes and Bonne up front.
Subs - The 3 obvious Kelly, Kane and Masterson
The others Thomas (if fit), Adomah who looks really good or BOS, Willock, and Bettache.

Oops left out Carroll on the subs bench instead of Bettache. Then 2 or 3 changes for starting 11 next Saturday. Looks a good squad.
Team for Weds on 17:24 - Oct 18 with 1055 viewsRangersw12

GK Dieng

RB Kakay
LB Wallace
CB Barbet
CB Dickie

CM Ball
CM Carroll

RW Adoma
AM Chair
LW BOS

CF Dykes
Team for Weds on 19:09 - Oct 18 with 893 viewsNorthernr

Interesting though that nobody would have picked that team yesterday. Look under the announcement from the club on Twitter and Instagram of the starting 11 and it's all burning fury that Chair is still on the left, Amos is at ten, Cameron and Ball are together, no Willock, no Adomah. And actually, as it turns out, we'd clearly watched Bournemouth and planned for them, we pushed their wing backs back, we took Cook out of the game, and we should have won 2-0 but for better finishing. We effectively countered and dominated a team that was in the Prem last year and finished the game with a £30m forward line. So maybe Warburton isn't an idiot, with favourites, who doesn't know what he's doing etc etc. I've seen nowhere near the same amount of praise for Warburton's approach yesterday - which also included wrestling back control of the second half with his subs - as I did the outpouring of screeching when he dared to pick Amos again etc etc.
Team for Weds on 19:38 - Oct 18 with 822 viewsHunterhoop

Team for Weds on 19:09 - Oct 18 by Northernr

Interesting though that nobody would have picked that team yesterday. Look under the announcement from the club on Twitter and Instagram of the starting 11 and it's all burning fury that Chair is still on the left, Amos is at ten, Cameron and Ball are together, no Willock, no Adomah. And actually, as it turns out, we'd clearly watched Bournemouth and planned for them, we pushed their wing backs back, we took Cook out of the game, and we should have won 2-0 but for better finishing. We effectively countered and dominated a team that was in the Prem last year and finished the game with a £30m forward line. So maybe Warburton isn't an idiot, with favourites, who doesn't know what he's doing etc etc. I've seen nowhere near the same amount of praise for Warburton's approach yesterday - which also included wrestling back control of the second half with his subs - as I did the outpouring of screeching when he dared to pick Amos again etc etc.

A very fair point.

I still think Chair has a week game, but Amos clearly did not. He played a big role. Also, yesterday was the first time that I though, against teams with good forwards and attacking ability, playing Ball AND Cameron isn’t a bad option. It gives us extra height and physicality and basically frees the front 4 to really push on more, given the added protection.

Apart from a 20 min spell in the second half where both Cameron and Ball lost their heads and couldn’t pass water let alone pass a ball to a teammate they actually played very well. Ball in particular look quicker to me and broke up play well.

The broader point you make is right though. We have to pick horses for courses. If we try to go toe to toe trying to play attacking football with the best sides, we’ll almost certainly lose. BUT, play two big holding midfielders and a 3rd centre midfielder with legs and passing, and we can still hurt teams with our front 3 and the full backs overlapping.

Chair remains a problem. If we played Bournemouth again in a week or another top side, you’d have to play Adomah over him based on that cameo, unless you went with him as the no. 10 and made sure he worked hard and dropped back in when needed.

All that said, Preston at home on Tues, and it’ll be interesting to see what we do.

Back 4 picks itself, but we don’t want to get into a lump it and hope game where it’s about physicality and set pieces. We can outplay Preston,

I’d rest Cameron, play Ball and Carroll and move Chair to no. 11, play him off Dickie and play BOS and Adomah on the wings (injury permitting for BOS). If BOS is out, I’d play Thomas.

Dieng
Wallace
Barbet
Dickie
Kakay
Ball
Carroll
Chair
Adomah
BOS
Dykes

Kelly, Kane, Masterson, Cameron, Thomas, Willock, Bonne
Team for Weds on 19:56 - Oct 18 with 792 viewsgazza1

It was clear to me that MW had a few big calls as to the team he selected against Bournemouth.....not easy to select for him let alone for the supporters. it will be easier for him against Preston.

Chair needs a rest, not been playing well for a few games and did not play as well as most on Saturday so he could be out, Amos is out and BOS was injured during the match. The subs done well when they were introduced. Another question for MW is if Cameron is able to give another 100%.

Dykes should return and I expect one of the wingers we introduced to be selected and maybe Caroll.

MW got some great opportunities to give other players some much needed game time. Play like we did on Saturday and we will get 3 points.....29/20 odds on bet365👍👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024