Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton: negative leader? 21:00 - Jan 9 with 1120 viewsQPR_ARG

I was always willing to give him a chance to prove his worth and give him as many opportunities he needed.

I was willing to put his Twitter persona and his previous aside. I was also (reluctantly) ready to ignore the potentially bad image he would associate our club with by signing for us if he gave us a better chance in fighting against the drop.

But just like he did on Twitter by saying this:

@Joey7Barton
I have worked out that I probably love about 12 people in the world, I like about 35, I don't mind about 100, the rest of u, well can jog on

--------------------

I have lost it. I don't have time for Joey Barton anymore.

I think that NW maybe brought him in to play a "bad cop" role in the dressing room and get Adel's head right but I think it has backfired.

Barton wasn't even all that great a player and he is already serving his second suspension as a QPR player (regardless of how fair or unfair his dismissal vs. Norwich was).

We will see what happens from now on and with the new manager but the current Joey Barton behaviour is not helping and if it doesn't change, then my question on the subject will be answered as he will prove he is a negative leader (exactly what a newly promoted team don't need).
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:06 - Jan 9 with 1090 viewswaveydave

Strongly dislike him as a man, but decent player. Shame but we cant have it all
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:08 - Jan 9 with 1082 viewscoolranger

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:06 - Jan 9 by waveydave

Strongly dislike him as a man, but decent player. Shame but we cant have it all

Has an awful lot to say for a troubled soul. Average Premiership player.
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:08 - Jan 9 with 1082 viewsWatford_Ranger

I don't really see how that comment can have a hugely negative effect on QPR FC.
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:20 - Jan 9 with 1057 viewsQPR_ARG

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:08 - Jan 9 by Watford_Ranger

I don't really see how that comment can have a hugely negative effect on QPR FC.

No, it's not that comment. The way he reacted on Twitter after his red vs. Norwich was out of order too ("I don't have to apologise because I did nothing wrong" or something along those lines).

That bit of text I copied above was just one tweet out of many he just wrote after he got upset for something Matt Holland said about him (which I didn't hear).

Along the way in his rants today, he "killed" every footballer that ever played for Ireland! He criticized Holland for being English but playing for Ireland and said: "If ur English, u play for England. If ur English and sh*t, u pretend ur Irish grand parentage matters to u and play for Ireland!"

He celebrated he reached 1 million followers a few days ago and now he says he only loves 12 people and the rest can jog on.

But please, my point is not that by tweeting stupid stuff he becomes a negative leader. It's a tiny part of it, yes. But there's much more to it than that.

How about publicly slagging off Adel Taarabt. A player that did a lot more than he did for QPR. A player he should shut up about and respect.

Unfortunately, it seems Joey thinks he is bigger than QPR.
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:20 - Jan 9 with 1051 viewsTGRRRSSS

IN a sense he's probably got a certain point about the people he loves, likes etc etc.
You gotta remember someone like him will have hangers on all over the joint cos of who he is, what he earns etc etc.
He simply understands the concept of true friends, and more unusually still says it.
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:21 - Jan 9 with 1047 viewsTGRRRSSS

Oh and don't forget, it is Twitter.
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:28 - Jan 9 with 1023 viewsbaz_qpr

Seriously get a life, and if you are going to quote him quote the whole thing because its immediately followed by

I care neither for ur comments, ur praise, ur critique, ur attitudes, ur life stories or any other nonsense u choose to bore me with.......

The guy gets baited all the time, he's just kicked off against Matt Holland blaming him for Warnocks sacking on the radio.

He's a footballer, twitter gives you access to them in a way like never before but its meaningless, you and I we don't know him and he does not know us, that is what he is saying. why people are kicking off at him over this is beyond me.
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:40 - Jan 9 with 999 viewsQPR_ARG

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:28 - Jan 9 by baz_qpr

Seriously get a life, and if you are going to quote him quote the whole thing because its immediately followed by

I care neither for ur comments, ur praise, ur critique, ur attitudes, ur life stories or any other nonsense u choose to bore me with.......

The guy gets baited all the time, he's just kicked off against Matt Holland blaming him for Warnocks sacking on the radio.

He's a footballer, twitter gives you access to them in a way like never before but its meaningless, you and I we don't know him and he does not know us, that is what he is saying. why people are kicking off at him over this is beyond me.

Get a life?

For what is worth, I'm not one of those people blaming him for NW's departure. I haven't even write to him.

It's Twitter? Nope. It's not Twitter. It's him interacting with people through a powerful communication tool.

His latest comments just triggered my words above. I have been thinking what I'm thinking for a long time and without needing to use Twitter for that.

I have a life. Thank you very much for your concern. Now jog on.
Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:51 - Jan 9 with 976 viewsbaz_qpr

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:40 - Jan 9 by QPR_ARG

Get a life?

For what is worth, I'm not one of those people blaming him for NW's departure. I haven't even write to him.

It's Twitter? Nope. It's not Twitter. It's him interacting with people through a powerful communication tool.

His latest comments just triggered my words above. I have been thinking what I'm thinking for a long time and without needing to use Twitter for that.

I have a life. Thank you very much for your concern. Now jog on.

then what do you care when some footballer has a little blow out against all the abusers he gets, I'm sorry I have QPR on a twitter feed and I find it really sad people who take any offence by what he just said, so what
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 22:16 - Jan 9 with 944 viewshoops_legend

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:51 - Jan 9 by baz_qpr

then what do you care when some footballer has a little blow out against all the abusers he gets, I'm sorry I have QPR on a twitter feed and I find it really sad people who take any offence by what he just said, so what

Have you ever looked at comments to Joey Barton?? Thats why he hates people and I don't blame him. He gets so much abuse and it shows how stupid people are
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 22:24 - Jan 9 with 922 viewsthame_hoops

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 22:16 - Jan 9 by hoops_legend

Have you ever looked at comments to Joey Barton?? Thats why he hates people and I don't blame him. He gets so much abuse and it shows how stupid people are

I'm with seb on this one. Not bartons biggest fan, he's the architect of his own demise IMO
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 22:41 - Jan 9 with 896 viewsSomersetHoops

When Barton publicly criticised a fellow player without censure it was not right that it went by without comment and then we had Warnock openly criticising individual players and this was the sign for me that NW had lost it. I don't disagree that coaches should be able to criticise their players when they make mistakes, but unless it reaches extreme incompetence it should be done in private.

Then the Norwich incident where, while the game was still in play, JB was more interested in his confrontation with Johnson to the point of getting sent off than being available to receive the ball. I know the sending off was probably unjustified (although the FA didn't agree), but his lack of availability during play suggests he is more concerned about his ego than the club and this should have drawn comment from Warnock. NW was quick enough to show displeasure against players making honest mistakes, whereas nothing is said about Barton's deliberate stupidity. Whoever comes in will need to reign in Mr Barton so that his impact is more proportional to his performance on the pitch rather than having too much power in the dressing room.

Who's Next?

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 22:53 - Jan 9 with 863 viewsTearsOfaClown

"It's Twitter? Nope. It's not Twitter. It's him interacting with people through a powerful communication tool. "

HOLD ON -

We have Barton who communicates with Twitter and Bothroyd who communicates with God.

Surely with that level of communication they should get the ball in the net
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 22:56 - Jan 9 with 855 viewsLimper

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 22:41 - Jan 9 by SomersetHoops

When Barton publicly criticised a fellow player without censure it was not right that it went by without comment and then we had Warnock openly criticising individual players and this was the sign for me that NW had lost it. I don't disagree that coaches should be able to criticise their players when they make mistakes, but unless it reaches extreme incompetence it should be done in private.

Then the Norwich incident where, while the game was still in play, JB was more interested in his confrontation with Johnson to the point of getting sent off than being available to receive the ball. I know the sending off was probably unjustified (although the FA didn't agree), but his lack of availability during play suggests he is more concerned about his ego than the club and this should have drawn comment from Warnock. NW was quick enough to show displeasure against players making honest mistakes, whereas nothing is said about Barton's deliberate stupidity. Whoever comes in will need to reign in Mr Barton so that his impact is more proportional to his performance on the pitch rather than having too much power in the dressing room.

Spot on.
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 23:17 - Jan 9 with 819 viewsQPR_ARG

Although I knew it, I'm glad to read I'm not alone in the way I'm thinking.

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 23:26 - Jan 9 with 798 viewsqprmick

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 23:17 - Jan 9 by QPR_ARG

Although I knew it, I'm glad to read I'm not alone in the way I'm thinking.

Football is all that matters, all this peripheral bollocks says to me, most have too much time on their hands. Barton is a good player, see the difference when he is out for 3 games.

Qprmick

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 23:43 - Jan 9 with 779 viewsthame_hoops

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 23:26 - Jan 9 by qprmick

Football is all that matters, all this peripheral bollocks says to me, most have too much time on their hands. Barton is a good player, see the difference when he is out for 3 games.

The thing is, if Barton was doing the business on the pitch, I think people would turn a blind eye to his twitter nonsense.....however he's been a real dissapointment except in two maybe three games IMO
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 23:48 - Jan 9 with 762 viewsQPR1882

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 21:20 - Jan 9 by QPR_ARG

No, it's not that comment. The way he reacted on Twitter after his red vs. Norwich was out of order too ("I don't have to apologise because I did nothing wrong" or something along those lines).

That bit of text I copied above was just one tweet out of many he just wrote after he got upset for something Matt Holland said about him (which I didn't hear).

Along the way in his rants today, he "killed" every footballer that ever played for Ireland! He criticized Holland for being English but playing for Ireland and said: "If ur English, u play for England. If ur English and sh*t, u pretend ur Irish grand parentage matters to u and play for Ireland!"

He celebrated he reached 1 million followers a few days ago and now he says he only loves 12 people and the rest can jog on.

But please, my point is not that by tweeting stupid stuff he becomes a negative leader. It's a tiny part of it, yes. But there's much more to it than that.

How about publicly slagging off Adel Taarabt. A player that did a lot more than he did for QPR. A player he should shut up about and respect.

Unfortunately, it seems Joey thinks he is bigger than QPR.

So he got unfairly sent off and twittered so................ffs
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 00:26 - Jan 10 with 724 viewsBluce_Ree

hahah Joey's doing a flounce.

what a little pussy.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Joey Barton: negative leader? on 05:52 - Jan 10 with 702 viewsQPR_ARG

Oh baby let me be...youuuuuuuuuur teddy bear!

http://qprbears.blogspot.com/2012/01/dear-captain.html?spref=tw
Joey Barton: negative leader? on 10:09 - Jan 10 with 628 viewswillis1980

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024