Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford 12:41 - Jun 30 with 1319 viewsMedwayR

Udinese have just signed a Paraguayan forward, Carlos Javier Acuna Caballero, from Girona & immediately loaned him to Watford. 25 years old with 21 goals in 56 games over the last 2 seasons, potentially decent player. Have the FA/Football League changed the rules on loans yet or are Watford going to be allowed to loan an entire team again?

Poll: Who’s better?

Watford on 12:54 - Jun 30 with 1284 viewsNorthernr

There's a limit on the numbers this year, not sure what it is though.
Watford on 13:25 - Jun 30 with 1207 viewsDesertBoot

I read somewhere they'll vote on it at the FL's imminent AGM
The proposal is four or five loan players on the pitch at any one time.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Watford on 13:30 - Jun 30 with 1197 viewsHollowayRanger

Watford on 13:25 - Jun 30 by DesertBoot

I read somewhere they'll vote on it at the FL's imminent AGM
The proposal is four or five loan players on the pitch at any one time.

5 AT A TIME!

right lets get from spurs

crazy it is , i heard watford will sing many of last years players on free transfers from italy just to get round any new rules

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Watford on 14:53 - Jun 30 with 1121 viewsNorthernr

Watford on 13:30 - Jun 30 by HollowayRanger

5 AT A TIME!

right lets get from spurs

crazy it is , i heard watford will sing many of last years players on free transfers from italy just to get round any new rules

It's five at one time now. Warnock nearly played six by accident when he first arrived. You forget being in the Prem just how readily the lower division teams use loan players.

Previously there was no limit on number of foreign loans in team so presumably they're just bringing that under the five rule.
Watford on 14:53 - Jun 30 with 1121 viewsrsonist

The Pozzos own three clubs and are well within their rights to move their players around between them as they wish. All these new rules do is give them more paperwork to fill out.

Providing these clubs are allowed to compete to the best of their ability as discrete entities I don't see the problem with it personally. It's in the Pozzo's interests for each to club to have a healthy youth system but at the same time if it's not cost or quality effective then they shouldn't have a responsibility to national football to have one.
Watford on 16:57 - Jun 30 with 1014 viewstimcocking

I think it seems sh!tty, but big deal, good luck to Watford i suppose. Doesn't really matter where they get their players from.
Watford on 17:02 - Jun 30 with 1008 viewsultramagnetic

Watford on 16:57 - Jun 30 by timcocking

I think it seems sh!tty, but big deal, good luck to Watford i suppose. Doesn't really matter where they get their players from.

I thought watford had a transfer embargo?
Watford on 15:48 - Jul 1 with 797 viewsMedwayR

Watford on 17:02 - Jun 30 by ultramagnetic

I thought watford had a transfer embargo?

They did/have but they can make signings with permission from the league, which makes the embargo a bit pointless really!!

They signed an 18 year old today so the embargo is obviously working well...

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Watford on 16:00 - Jul 1 with 764 viewsGloucs_R

Watford on 14:53 - Jun 30 by rsonist

The Pozzos own three clubs and are well within their rights to move their players around between them as they wish. All these new rules do is give them more paperwork to fill out.

Providing these clubs are allowed to compete to the best of their ability as discrete entities I don't see the problem with it personally. It's in the Pozzo's interests for each to club to have a healthy youth system but at the same time if it's not cost or quality effective then they shouldn't have a responsibility to national football to have one.

I think there may be tax implications if they do this. If you move a player on a free to another club and then back again, the tax man will surely what to know why. Any accountants? Jamie?

Talking of Jamie, were the hell is he? Arrived in the Prem and now disappeared!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Watford on 16:48 - Jul 1 with 696 viewsClive_Anderson

I remember Chelsea having a transfer embargo on them which never seemed to actually happen either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024