Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
20 goal striker 07:30 - Dec 4 with 1261 viewsGloucs_R

Hope I'm not jinxing the lad but Charlie is well on the way to becoming our 20 goal striker. Glad he is Coming good after the grief he got for the first few games. Who were the last 5 players to get 20 goals in a season for us?

Poll: Are we staying up?

20 goal striker on 08:54 - Dec 4 with 1169 viewshoops_legend

How many has he got now?

Its only a matter of time before the official site run a competition giving away his boots like they did with agyemand and countless others and he won't be able to score for toffee!!
20 goal striker on 09:02 - Dec 4 with 1155 viewsCharlie1

It's his all round play as well. Last nights goal differed from others so he's got a lot in his locker.

Don't under estimate the defensive work. Some cracking headed clearances last night.

2:59 baby!

20 goal striker on 09:38 - Dec 4 with 1090 viewsGloucs_R

20 goal striker on 08:54 - Dec 4 by hoops_legend

How many has he got now?

Its only a matter of time before the official site run a competition giving away his boots like they did with agyemand and countless others and he won't be able to score for toffee!!

I think he has 10 now.

Poll: Are we staying up?

20 goal striker on 09:42 - Dec 4 with 1075 viewssimmo

20 goal striker on 09:02 - Dec 4 by Charlie1

It's his all round play as well. Last nights goal differed from others so he's got a lot in his locker.

Don't under estimate the defensive work. Some cracking headed clearances last night.

This, he was also the last man chasing back on a few occasions blocking crosses, his work rate is as good as anybody I have seen up front for us and he is physical without his strength negating his mobility which is pretty good overall.

As I said on the other post I was one of the people unsure about him after he was missing opportunities but the range of goals and his overall work rate recently have really impressed me.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

20 goal striker on 09:49 - Dec 4 with 1048 viewsAntti_Heinola

Very good signing. Easily our best of the close season.
He will do his ACL next game after this thread though, so to guard against that, I think he's been extremely lucky and is not that good at all and his knees are shot and he mishit that goal last night.

Bare bones.

20 goal striker on 09:52 - Dec 4 with 1038 viewsTheBlob

20 goal striker on 09:49 - Dec 4 by Antti_Heinola

He will do his ACL next game after this thread though, so to guard against that, I think he's been extremely lucky and is not that good at all and his knees are shot and he mishit that goal last night.

Ahhhhhhh.....I see what you did there.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

20 goal striker on 09:52 - Dec 4 with 1039 viewsMaggsinho

20 goal striker on 09:02 - Dec 4 by Charlie1

Agree about the defensive work, somewhere around the 80th minute he popped up in the right back position to block a cross, incredible workrate.
20 goal striker on 10:23 - Dec 4 with 986 views1MoreBrightonR

His work rate is unbelievable....there is a reason that Redknapp never takes him off.
Login to get fewer ads

20 goal striker on 11:12 - Dec 4 with 913 viewsTGRRRSSS

Taarabt in Promotgion season I assume, think he got 27???
20 goal striker on 11:20 - Dec 4 with 898 viewstoboboly

20 goal striker on 11:12 - Dec 4 by TGRRRSSS

Taarabt in Promotgion season I assume, think he got 27???

Austin would have got more had he had more than 1 or 2 shots a game to work with.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

20 goal striker on 12:38 - Dec 4 with 791 viewssmegma

Andy Thomson was the last 20 goals a season forward we had in 2001-2002 when he got 21 league goals in Div 2 (now known as League 1)

Les Ferdinand 20 league /4 cup goals) in 92-93
Les Ferdinand 24 league /2 cups in 94-95.

Clive Allen got 28 league/2 cup goals in 79-80

Don Givens 23 league 3 cup goals in 72-73.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2013 12:48]
20 goal striker on 12:44 - Dec 4 with 780 viewsTheBlob

20 goal striker on 11:20 - Dec 4 by toboboly

Austin would have got more had he had more than 1 or 2 shots a game to work with.

Or got a consistent supply of crosses like the one AJ hoisted over.

20 goal striker on 12:49 - Dec 4 with 754 viewsPommyhoop

20 goal striker on 10:23 - Dec 4 by 1MoreBrightonR

His work rate is unbelievable....there is a reason that Redknapp never takes him off.

His work rate is indeed mad. Might be something to do with him getting to this level fairly late on. He knows whats its like to have to really work for a living instead of getting paid for doing something he loves. Remember that other late comer Ian Wright? He didnt mind putting a shift in either..
Well done Charlie. Top lad.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

20 goal striker on 12:56 - Dec 4 with 741 viewssmegma

Not only is Austin our top scorer this season hes also our top scorer in the whole squad !!
Quite lamentable when you think about it but well done to Charlie all the same.

Austin 19 starts + 1 sub = 10 goals.
Ephraim 76 starts +41 sub= 8 goals.
Zamora 36 starts +8 sub = 7 goals.

We may have a prize asset on our hands.
20 goal striker on 13:00 - Dec 4 with 718 viewsTheBlob

20 goal striker on 12:56 - Dec 4 by smegma

Not only is Austin our top scorer this season hes also our top scorer in the whole squad !!

How did Ephraim get in there?He's a winger.

20 goal striker on 13:02 - Dec 4 with 711 viewsWeaverQPR

Definetly feel we need to add another forward in Jan, to help take the pressure off Austin or indeed if he gets injured. I can see Chevanton being released and maybe AJ moved on, although if Palace don't want AJ i doubt anyone else will with his wages and injury record.

@WeavQPR

20 goal striker on 13:05 - Dec 4 with 700 viewssimmo

20 goal striker on 12:56 - Dec 4 by smegma

That is lamentable....

I think even if all our loan players were back the only one that would be ahead of him is Taarabt.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

20 goal striker on 13:10 - Dec 4 with 686 viewsShotKneesHoop

20 goal striker on 09:49 - Dec 4 by Antti_Heinola

What's wrong with having shot knees?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

20 goal striker on 19:02 - Dec 4 with 521 viewsted_hendrix

20 goal striker on 09:42 - Dec 4 by simmo

This, he was also the last man chasing back on a few occasions blocking crosses, his work rate is as good as anybody I have seen up front for us and he is physical without his strength negating his mobility which is pretty good overall.

As I said on the other post I was one of the people unsure about him after he was missing opportunities but the range of goals and his overall work rate recently have really impressed me.

Firstly he'll piss 20 goals plus this season.
Secondly I posted this last night on Charlie's thread when I got home *Watch Charlie Austin and the work he puts into a game, and I'm talking about at the back too. *
I'm no football expert but I know for a fact that even when CA isn't up front trying to score he's working his nuts off for the team, I've noticed him countless times defending in our penalty area since he joined us.
He's a diamond and after the last two seasons of me watching lazy cnts wearing Rangers shirts pulling good money God bless him or any other Rangers player who puts the effort in.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

20 goal striker on 19:07 - Dec 4 with 512 viewsBlackCrowe

He's everything I want to see in a player, guts, honesty, work rate and ability. Long may he stay with us....the best signing we've made for years and the first genuinely lethal striker we've had since Furlong.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024