Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2027547 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:59 - Nov 6 with 5698 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:58 - Nov 6 by R17ALE

I can guarantee no awkward questions will be asked.

Nobody dares to ask the bury hierarchy awkward questions.

Think TV sitcom "Keeping Up Appearances" - bury's hierarchy are Hyacinth Bucket. Fans are Richard.

I think 'Richards' would be more apposite.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:00 - Nov 6 with 5689 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:58 - Nov 6 by milly

Older than 15 aint he?Definately signed for Everton though in principle.Cant confirm till jan though.

How come you know so much about it?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:01 - Nov 6 with 5685 viewsmilly

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:57 - Nov 6 by 442Dale

Why not answer TVOS's question? Don't worry too much about explaining anything down the road, it's what happens at Spotland that really matters, right?

Why the need to answer anyone? Dont care what people think.im a lover of NW football as a whole.If you think im not a Rochdale supporter fair enough.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:01 - Nov 6 with 5676 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:58 - Nov 6 by milly

Older than 15 aint he?Definately signed for Everton though in principle.Cant confirm till jan though.

If it's definite, there has to be something somewhere.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:03 - Nov 6 with 5670 viewsmilly

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:00 - Nov 6 by TVOS1907

How come you know so much about it?

No wonder this board is a lonely place.if anyone knows a lot about other clubs then they cant be a Dale fan,lol.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:05 - Nov 6 with 5660 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:01 - Nov 6 by milly

Why the need to answer anyone? Dont care what people think.im a lover of NW football as a whole.If you think im not a Rochdale supporter fair enough.

They were fairly simple questions. Anyone else would have just given their opinion on the goals or any major incidents. Nothing too tricky, to be honest.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:06 - Nov 6 with 5658 viewsmilly

Next you will be telling me Tazzy is not a Dale fan cos he shamed us.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:07 - Nov 6 with 5655 viewsR17ALE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:55 - Nov 6 by 442Dale

From Ryan's World:

"4500 x £15 = £67,500 + £18,000? = £85,500.

Not bad for one game if all goes to plan."

So Bury get to keep all gate receipts too and with zero costs.

Fooking Hell, there's some gormless bastards about! Not you 442! Ryan!

A typical 1st round FA Cup game attracts much less cash for the home club than a league game.

On a league game you keep 80% of your cash take after the VAT has been paid.

On a cup game you pay out 20%, then matchday costs, then the FA pool (5% I think) and then you give 50% of the rest to the visitors.

So if they generate £67,500 in gate receipts, then minus £13,500 in Vat = £54,000. Minus £2700 to FA = £51,300. Minus say £15,000 in matchday costs = £36,300. Minus 50% to Wigan leaves £18,150.

Why can't bury fans do numbers?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:08 - Nov 6 with 5637 viewsmilly

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:05 - Nov 6 by TVOS1907

They were fairly simple questions. Anyone else would have just given their opinion on the goals or any major incidents. Nothing too tricky, to be honest.

Goals v Oldham? how can i possibly comment on that?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:09 - Nov 6 with 5632 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:07 - Nov 6 by R17ALE

A typical 1st round FA Cup game attracts much less cash for the home club than a league game.

On a cup game you pay out 20%, then matchday costs, then the FA pool (5% I think) and then you give 50% of the rest to the visitors.

So if they generate £67,500 in gate receipts, then minus £13,500 in Vat = £54,000. Minus £2700 to FA = £51,300. Minus say £15,000 in matchday costs = £36,300. Minus 50% to Wigan leaves £18,150.

They can. Court No. 1, Court No. 2 etc.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:10 - Nov 6 with 5622 viewsmilly

I give up with you lot.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:10 - Nov 6 with 5622 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:01 - Nov 6 by milly

I don't care if you are or you're not. For the moment I'm wondering where the Foulds deal info is?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:13 - Nov 6 with 5600 viewsArthurDaley

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:07 - Nov 6 by R17ALE

Perhaps Ryan used one of those.

A large VAT Dave

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:13 - Nov 6 with 5592 viewsR17ALE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:10 - Nov 6 by milly

I give up with you lot.

Why are you still on-line then?

We don't like flouncers!

Andy Flouncers? (before TVOS strikes!)

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:18 - Nov 6 with 5570 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:03 - Nov 6 by milly

No wonder this board is a lonely place.if anyone knows a lot about other clubs then they cant be a Dale fan,lol.

How is it a lonely place? (Another question)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:20 - Nov 6 with 5563 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:08 - Nov 6 by milly

Goals v Oldham? how can i possibly comment on that?

Peterborough then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:21 - Nov 6 with 5560 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:10 - Nov 6 by milly

I give up with you lot.

Please don't. You're brilliant.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:55 - Nov 7 with 5337 viewsDaley_Lama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:28 - Nov 6 by 442Dale

You might not, but any supporters organisation should endeavour to not only represent fans, but get as many as possible to join - which FB have been doing to their credit. It gives the organisation more strength and also allows the members to push the people who represent them and demand answers.

If you were a Bury fan I'd be strongly advising that you join Forever Bury right away.

But you're not. So join the Dale Trust instead.

The last thing i would advise Bury fans to do is join Forever Bury.

Forever Bury had their chance and they blew it. They orchestrated a NO vote from shareholders against a re-stucturing of the club.

They did a 180 degree turn last minute and voted YES on behalf of shareholders without consultation who had previously granted them power to represent as a NO vote.

The rest is history. The board was re-structured, the number of shares in the club was increased to a) marginalise existing shareholders influence and b) strenghthen Day's position.

I have sympathy for Joy, i 100% believe she has/had only good intentions but as far as i can see, FB misrepresented shareholders at the one time they could stand up and that chance will never come again.

Poll: DF in or out

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:01 - Nov 7 with 5316 viewsColDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:55 - Nov 7 by Daley_Lama

Forever Bury had their chance and they blew it. They orchestrated a NO vote from shareholders against a re-stucturing of the club.

They did a 180 degree turn last minute and voted YES on behalf of shareholders without consultation who had previously granted them power to represent as a NO vote.

The rest is history. The board was re-structured, the number of shares in the club was increased to a) marginalise existing shareholders influence and b) strenghthen Day's position.

I have sympathy for Joy, i 100% believe she has/had only good intentions but as far as i can see, FB misrepresented shareholders at the one time they could stand up and that chance will never come again.

the bit Ive always struggled to get my head round with Bury is these SOS shares that are controlled by the board. I don't know the exact percentage, but I'm sure you've got over half the shares owned by this Trust that doesn't actually exist but is controlled by the board giving them a majority without needing to put sufficient funds in to acquire a majority.

It was originally done to protect the club from what I can recall but if anything, it seems to have an opposite effect, allowing someone with a minority shareholding to run the club as he sees fit. Surely there must be something in the creation of this SOS trust which prevents the club being run into the ground all under cloak and dagger.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:04 - Nov 7 with 5310 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:55 - Nov 7 by Daley_Lama

Think many are aware of what went on in the past, but now is the time for them to step up to the plate and be strong and demand answers. When those answers aren't forthcoming they have to say so.

This is the role of any group representing fans, and I've been as critical as anyone of FB in the past but the organisation is only as strong as it's members. They can push those on the FB board to ask questions making them aware of their responsibilities.

This selective release of info to members and then publicly has got to stop though.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:11 - Nov 7 with 5372 viewsDaley_Lama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:01 - Nov 7 by ColDale

the bit Ive always struggled to get my head round with Bury is these SOS shares that are controlled by the board. I don't know the exact percentage, but I'm sure you've got over half the shares owned by this Trust that doesn't actually exist but is controlled by the board giving them a majority without needing to put sufficient funds in to acquire a majority.

It was originally done to protect the club from what I can recall but if anything, it seems to have an opposite effect, allowing someone with a minority shareholding to run the club as he sees fit. Surely there must be something in the creation of this SOS trust which prevents the club being run into the ground all under cloak and dagger.

it's all very confusing isn't it.

Pay day today though, FA Cup at home, all attendees paying cash with no ST getting in for nowt. Kerching!!!!

The FA and Wigan wont mind holding off a bit for their share as real, actual, tangible money comes in that can be given to the real, actual, big bad tax man.

6,000 paying £17 = 100K. They will find the rest down the back of the beautiful sofas Stewy's First Act of Benevolance brought.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2015 10:14]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:14 - Nov 7 with 5367 viewsmilly

That is spot on,COL.Thats why i would never join any form of a supporters trust.Most of the everyday supporters do not have the nous of a top Buisness person and,as stated in your post,can easily get manipulated (without even knowing) into giving a minority shareholder the lead role.
Unless you could get a supporters group set up with at least half with a business brain (no offence to the everyday supporter),then things like this will happen before your very eyes and without you even knowing it until it is too late.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:23 - Nov 7 with 5345 viewsDaley_Lama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:04 - Nov 7 by 442Dale

Think many are aware of what went on in the past, but now is the time for them to step up to the plate and be strong and demand answers. When those answers aren't forthcoming they have to say so.

This is the role of any group representing fans, and I've been as critical as anyone of FB in the past but the organisation is only as strong as it's members. They can push those on the FB board to ask questions making them aware of their responsibilities.

This selective release of info to members and then publicly has got to stop though.

As a non exec director they can ask questions. They cannot however demand answers or influence direction.

Given the way Joy was ousted for asking questions as an exec director i think the FB representation is akin to a chocolate fireguard.

If/when the masses revolt it will have to be from outside as it would appear Day has all the Aces, shares, board, loan secured against the ground.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:30 - Nov 7 with 5319 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:23 - Nov 7 by Daley_Lama

As a non exec director they can ask questions. They cannot however demand answers or influence direction.

Given the way Joy was ousted for asking questions as an exec director i think the FB representation is akin to a chocolate fireguard.

If/when the masses revolt it will have to be from outside as it would appear Day has all the Aces, shares, board, loan secured against the ground.

But the point is they have to say all this. Yes, it might not change anything but by asking the questions and providing information on EVERY non-response those masses will gain number as this is in then in the public domain.

A few people knowing the board at a football club wouldn't answer a question means nothing. The whole fanbase and the rest of the football world being able to read that on a supporters' organisation's website puts it firmly in the public domain and attracts much more attention. Their influence on the situation comes from the openness - they tell the football club they will be sharing every response (or not) with their members via their website.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:34 - Nov 7 with 5311 viewsTalkingSutty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:04 - Nov 7 by 442Dale

This is why there is always a danger of supporters trusts/organisations getting too close to the Club itself. Whoever is sitting on the supporters board/committee is there to represent the best interests of its members and report back accordingly. Sometimes that will be at odds with the Clubs thinking/actions.

There has to be a line drawn and the independence of the supporters organisation needs to be preserved in order to be able to address and rectify some unpalatable truths that crop up from time to time. Jumping into bed with the powers that be just dilutes the independence of the supporters organisation and you end up toothless. If the members of FB have no confidence then maybe that stops them asking the question?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024