Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998444 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:58 - Oct 28 with 10549 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:50 - Oct 28 by dingdangblue

I cant believe they are justifying the loss of their proper influence and voice in the boardroom with the argument "At least if things go tits up she wont be liable for any of the debts".

I still can't believe they're being asked to come up with £50,000 for a place as Director on the Board. Who'd pay to put themselves in that dubious position. ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:03 - Oct 28 with 10529 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:57 - Oct 28 by 442Dale

Watching that thread develop leads to more questions than answers.

Forget it's Bury for a moment, at what point did any of the decisions made by the representative(s) of the supporters get put before members to vote on? What if the members didn't want their organisation's role at the club to change? Were they notified of any proposed changes in advance of them happening? There may be valid answers to all these questions. FAO. R11 BFC, could you shed any light on any of this?

Far too many mentions of the word 'I', it should be 'we' every single time.

How did you know i would be reading?!

Nothing was put to the members...all decided by the Forever Bury Board. I'm not a member of the Board btw but am a Forever Bury member.

Tbf though i'm not upset the Board decided on their own - they have a mandate to do that. I think sometimes you can ask too many people, too many questions in life and end up getting nowhere. The BFC Board wanted £50K...FB dont have that kind of money, so what would they have done if the members wanted them to pay it?

Overall, it smells though...and smells really bad.

Keep going - good thread this.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:04 - Oct 28 with 10521 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:58 - Oct 28 by SuddenLad

I still can't believe they're being asked to come up with £50,000 for a place as Director on the Board. Who'd pay to put themselves in that dubious position. ?

...every year as well.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:12 - Oct 28 with 10492 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:04 - Oct 28 by R11BFC

...every year as well.

To be fair R11BFC, some of your colleagues don't seem to be as gullible as others, or blindly loyal - whichever may be the best description.

There's more than a whiff about this now. It's answers you need, not delays and postponements and more excuses.

You can understand why people are getting twitchy

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:45 - Oct 28 with 10429 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:04 - Oct 28 by R11BFC

...every year as well.

Thats an awful lot of money, thats almost 10 weeks wages for some.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 05:37 - Oct 29 with 10306 viewsJumeirahDale

Calm down guys! Didn't you read the bit about Joy being able to ask any questions she wants? It's clearly just a "board restructuring" (whatever that is).

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:20 - Oct 29 with 10107 viewsD_BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 05:37 - Oct 29 by JumeirahDale

Calm down guys! Didn't you read the bit about Joy being able to ask any questions she wants? It's clearly just a "board restructuring" (whatever that is).

-When Thomas & Day first took over they promised regular fans forums / communication etc

-When Joy was first appointed to the board we were told she’d be able to ask any questions she wants and she’d be facilitating regular forums.

-Now that her position has been changed we are told she’ll be attending meetings and putting question to the CEO.

It won’t happen, it has never happened since all this started. Anyone who believes it is either stupid or prefers the “ignorance is bliss” approach.

In the long thread on the Beardy Board, “Mr Sitter” states as a pre-cursor to his statement “there is some extreme positive news re FB too”. I can’t see any positives.

I have the upmost respect for people who take a prominent role in FB and take the flack on the message board off people who aren’t prepared to do the same, but I think they’re really struggling for any credibility as a force that can effect change at the Football Club.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:57 - Oct 29 with 10010 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:20 - Oct 29 by D_BFC

-When Thomas & Day first took over they promised regular fans forums / communication etc

-When Joy was first appointed to the board we were told she’d be able to ask any questions she wants and she’d be facilitating regular forums.

-Now that her position has been changed we are told she’ll be attending meetings and putting question to the CEO.

It won’t happen, it has never happened since all this started. Anyone who believes it is either stupid or prefers the “ignorance is bliss” approach.

In the long thread on the Beardy Board, “Mr Sitter” states as a pre-cursor to his statement “there is some extreme positive news re FB too”. I can’t see any positives.

I have the upmost respect for people who take a prominent role in FB and take the flack on the message board off people who aren’t prepared to do the same, but I think they’re really struggling for any credibility as a force that can effect change at the Football Club.

Post this morning on there which includes the following:

"Some have questioned why the statement didn't include mention of the aparthotels, CCJ's etc etc etc. Fair point. Frankly, the article was about Joys role to address the situation which was dragging and dragging, with the untruths and speculation mounting. There is a planned meeting with Glenn Thomas early November, date to be confirmed, those points will be raised. Any answers given will be circulated to FB members first by mailshot, then 24 hours later, made open."

If that happens, credit to Forever Bury.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:34 - Oct 29 with 9939 viewsD_BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:57 - Oct 29 by 442Dale

Post this morning on there which includes the following:

"Some have questioned why the statement didn't include mention of the aparthotels, CCJ's etc etc etc. Fair point. Frankly, the article was about Joys role to address the situation which was dragging and dragging, with the untruths and speculation mounting. There is a planned meeting with Glenn Thomas early November, date to be confirmed, those points will be raised. Any answers given will be circulated to FB members first by mailshot, then 24 hours later, made open."

If that happens, credit to Forever Bury.

Agreed, if it happens then credit to them.

My concern would be the "early November, date to be confirmed" bit.

As we know from the past - AGMs, Fans Forums etc - this lot are hard to pin down to set a date and then stick to it.

I guess there's not much else to do but wait for "early November" to arrive for now.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:13 - Oct 29 with 9802 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:34 - Oct 29 by D_BFC

Agreed, if it happens then credit to them.

My concern would be the "early November, date to be confirmed" bit.

As we know from the past - AGMs, Fans Forums etc - this lot are hard to pin down to set a date and then stick to it.

I guess there's not much else to do but wait for "early November" to arrive for now.

My concern would be the IF bit!!

#shambles

#milkybars

#loseonebuyone

#eightstrikersnomidfield
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:27 - Oct 30 with 9508 views442Dale

Further details begin to come out:

http://www.gigglane.com/showthread.php/26690-Questions-for-Joy-Forever-Bury/page

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:36 - Oct 30 with 9468 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:27 - Oct 30 by 442Dale

Further details begin to come out:

http://www.gigglane.com/showthread.php/26690-Questions-for-Joy-Forever-Bury/page

What a pity the EGM wasn't forced - that would've been fun.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:36 - Nov 3 with 9215 viewsdingdangblue

You scratch our backs and we'll scratch yours?

http://www.gigglane.com/showthread.php/28284-Northampton-Town-FC-SaveTheCobblers

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:24 - Nov 4 with 8950 views442Dale

Well, well, well. Credit to Joy for telling her side of the story.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:51 - Nov 4 with 8894 viewsTalkingSutty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:24 - Nov 4 by 442Dale

Drip, drip, drip......it won't be long.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:48 - Nov 4 with 8816 viewsSuddenLad

I don't think anyone is surprised by this over at Giggle Lane.

Joy has been treated abysmally (as have the supporters) and those involved with FB must be at their wits end.

So, in her capacity as Board member, representing FB, Joy asked a couple of questions and was kicked off the board unless £50,000 was stumped up.

Sadly, the nearer you get to the truth, the worse it seems you will be treated. Someone needs to keep asking. It stinks.

Tick, tock......

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:00 - Nov 4 with 8780 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:10 - Nov 4 with 8740 viewsdingdangblue

Well surely now's the time Day and his cronies are going to be revealed for the crooked chancers they are. Well done to Joy for standing up and actually asking them some searching questions (presumably about debt's, wages and CCJ's). Ultimately its cost her a place in the boardroom . Time for the rats to be smoked out I think.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:02 - Nov 4 with 8674 viewsArthurDaley

There's fireworks at Gigg Lane tomorrow.

[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 21:03]

A large VAT Dave

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:32 - Nov 4 with 8610 viewsRAFCBLUE

THE END IS NIGH.

Joy Hart's firing (yes firing, she didn't "step down" and has now gone public) is the start of a series of events which will see implications for the long term future and survival of bury football club.

Whilst many on here have been saying this all along, the scale of the problems coming will shock and suprise even the most sceptical Dale fan.

Perhaps PDIDDY will let the cat out of the bag here before others do, but I doubt it.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:08 - Nov 4 with 8545 viewsrobbowood

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:32 - Nov 4 by RAFCBLUE

THE END IS NIGH.

Joy Hart's firing (yes firing, she didn't "step down" and has now gone public) is the start of a series of events which will see implications for the long term future and survival of bury football club.

Whilst many on here have been saying this all along, the scale of the problems coming will shock and suprise even the most sceptical Dale fan.

Perhaps PDIDDY will let the cat out of the bag here before others do, but I doubt it.

I am sure the vast majority of Dale fans will be disgusted (but maybe not all that shocked) at Joy Hart's treatment

She has said

"I was told that my director duties would finish within 48 hrs of our last board meeting finishing as Forever Bury were not able to raise the £50,000 per annum that was required for me to continue.
This was over two months ago and since then I have not been allowed into the boardroom on a match day. I accepted the post of non executive director to enable me to represent the supporters of Forever Bury, or should I say I did until last week when I was suspended from my duties for having the temerity to ask for legal advice from a friend who just happened to work at the PFA , who stated that there was nothing in the Clubs constitution requiring any director to put funds into the Club. After hearing this information I then sent an email to all four board Directors clearly stating this from the person concerned and asked the Club for my original position back . May I say that I had already asked Mr Day a number of times to reconsider as all I was guilty of was trying to find out the truth. I did not receive an answer to my question so I had to find another way of finding out the truth.
I have now been told that I am suspended from the Club as Forever Bury's non executive director.This position now no longer exists and Forever Bury have a new set of agreements which no doubt Rob will place on here shortly..

I did not wish to relinquish my directorship on the Bury FC board where I was privileged to vote on the Clubs and Forever Bury's behalf but because I questioned this my position was terminated.
I sent two emails to Mr Day asking him to reconsider my position but these emails were not reciprocated.
As you can imagine I am more than extremely sad as to this turn of events.
I have now resigned from the Forever Bury Board. "
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:24 - Nov 4 with 8500 viewsR17ALE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:08 - Nov 4 by robbowood

I am sure the vast majority of Dale fans will be disgusted (but maybe not all that shocked) at Joy Hart's treatment

She has said

"I was told that my director duties would finish within 48 hrs of our last board meeting finishing as Forever Bury were not able to raise the £50,000 per annum that was required for me to continue.
This was over two months ago and since then I have not been allowed into the boardroom on a match day. I accepted the post of non executive director to enable me to represent the supporters of Forever Bury, or should I say I did until last week when I was suspended from my duties for having the temerity to ask for legal advice from a friend who just happened to work at the PFA , who stated that there was nothing in the Clubs constitution requiring any director to put funds into the Club. After hearing this information I then sent an email to all four board Directors clearly stating this from the person concerned and asked the Club for my original position back . May I say that I had already asked Mr Day a number of times to reconsider as all I was guilty of was trying to find out the truth. I did not receive an answer to my question so I had to find another way of finding out the truth.
I have now been told that I am suspended from the Club as Forever Bury's non executive director.This position now no longer exists and Forever Bury have a new set of agreements which no doubt Rob will place on here shortly..

I did not wish to relinquish my directorship on the Bury FC board where I was privileged to vote on the Clubs and Forever Bury's behalf but because I questioned this my position was terminated.
I sent two emails to Mr Day asking him to reconsider my position but these emails were not reciprocated.
As you can imagine I am more than extremely sad as to this turn of events.
I have now resigned from the Forever Bury Board. "

It is sad in a way.

I don't know Joy Hart, but I imagine she eats, sleeps and breathes bury fc like the rest of us do with Dale.

She's volunteered to serve on the bury Trust and subsequently has put her head above the parapet and become the fans' representative on the club Board.

In my days of Trust involvement, I'd never have been as brave to do that. Mind you, our Board would never have sanctioned that as, like Joy, I'd have asked the questions the fans would have wanted asking!

Joy is clearly a member of the bury family. Their Directors didn't want a dyed in the wool fan near them. Why? I don't know.

I just hope the decent bury fans take Joy under their wing. She'll be feeling hurt and ostracised by something she has always loved unconditionally. Football clubs can be cruel beasts at times.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:53 - Nov 4 with 8421 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:24 - Nov 4 by R17ALE

It is sad in a way.

I don't know Joy Hart, but I imagine she eats, sleeps and breathes bury fc like the rest of us do with Dale.

She's volunteered to serve on the bury Trust and subsequently has put her head above the parapet and become the fans' representative on the club Board.

In my days of Trust involvement, I'd never have been as brave to do that. Mind you, our Board would never have sanctioned that as, like Joy, I'd have asked the questions the fans would have wanted asking!

Joy is clearly a member of the bury family. Their Directors didn't want a dyed in the wool fan near them. Why? I don't know.

I just hope the decent bury fans take Joy under their wing. She'll be feeling hurt and ostracised by something she has always loved unconditionally. Football clubs can be cruel beasts at times.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:22 - Nov 4 with 8360 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:24 - Nov 4 by R17ALE

It is sad in a way.

That's an admirable response.

Let's just have a little historical perspective though. The offer to make Joy a Director came at a point where the Board were seeking to circumnavigate the AGMs and dilute (in its proper usage) the shareholding. Prior to this, shareholders had a chance to, at the very least, obtain clarity and, at the very best, alter events. There was then the u-turn. Let's be honest Forever Bury's u-turn.

She'll be hurting as she knows she was used. Used to smooth over the removal of the last vestiges of openess, democracy and responsibility at BFC. She facilitated that removal. Plenty on here and B11 warned against this but she did it.

Fell for it hook..........you know the rest.

Mr. Sitter is doing a similar thing. Expect an announcement of regular meetings with Thomas, the first of which will be very positive, to appease the removal of Joy from the Board. These meetings will unsurprisingly, well to everybody other than Mr. Sitter, have the longevity of a Leeds Manager.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 23:47]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:33 - Nov 5 with 8231 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:22 - Nov 4 by BigDaveMyCock

That's an admirable response.

Let's just have a little historical perspective though. The offer to make Joy a Director came at a point where the Board were seeking to circumnavigate the AGMs and dilute (in its proper usage) the shareholding. Prior to this, shareholders had a chance to, at the very least, obtain clarity and, at the very best, alter events. There was then the u-turn. Let's be honest Forever Bury's u-turn.

She'll be hurting as she knows she was used. Used to smooth over the removal of the last vestiges of openess, democracy and responsibility at BFC. She facilitated that removal. Plenty on here and B11 warned against this but she did it.

Fell for it hook..........you know the rest.

Mr. Sitter is doing a similar thing. Expect an announcement of regular meetings with Thomas, the first of which will be very positive, to appease the removal of Joy from the Board. These meetings will unsurprisingly, well to everybody other than Mr. Sitter, have the longevity of a Leeds Manager.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 23:47]

Nail on the head for me.

FB are at worst complicit with how the governance of the club was steering to avoid EGM or AGM' motions (with the now infamous U-turn as published in the Bury Times).

At best they naively didn't listen to those urging that the shareholding they were representing was used to provide balance in the boardroom.

When's the next fans forum?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024