Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland 12:23 - Jun 11 with 6808 viewsleicesterdale

Going with missus to Elton John concert this evening at Grace Road- does anyone remember seeing him at Spotland in Directors box in the ? 1970's home to Watford. Bleak Winter's Tuesday evening, certainly stood out amongst the crowd (him, not me).

Who's the 'biggest' celebrity you've seen at Spotland?
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:39 - Jun 11 with 4398 viewsroccydaleian

Uri Geller and he bent some spoons as well. And no TS I didn't have a photo taken with him, it was before my Twitter days.
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:39 - Jun 11 with 4397 viewsD_Alien

Albert Tatlock

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:44 - Jun 11 with 4386 viewsjustanillusion

Recall Elton mentioning that match at Spotland and the terrace chants when he appeared on 'Wogan' chat show
Never really spotted any celebs at Dale as they all hob nob in main stand/ hospitality area, not the TDS
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:49 - Jun 11 with 4369 viewsColDale

Wasn't there one of the Dingle girls off Emmerdale at Spotland about five years ago? Think she was courting one of the opposition players.
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:50 - Jun 11 with 4365 viewsTalkingSutty

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:39 - Jun 11 by roccydaleian

Uri Geller and he bent some spoons as well. And no TS I didn't have a photo taken with him, it was before my Twitter days.

The scoreline was 3-1 that day if i remember right. I thought it was a Saturday game,funny how your mind plays tricks.
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:51 - Jun 11 with 4358 viewsColDale

and Stuart Maconie was at a Tuesday evening game a couple of years ago
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:55 - Jun 11 with 4342 viewsnordenblue

Wasn't Alan Halsall,Tyrone off Corrie doing the halftime draw last season or season before?
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:56 - Jun 11 with 4340 viewsR17ALE

I remember seeing Steven Gerrard paying in at a match circa 2002 v Shrewsbury. He was there in support of his best mate, the Shrewsbury goalie whose name completely escapes me.

Also, some singing woman used to turn up in support of Conrad Logan. Again the name escapes me.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:58 - Jun 11 with 4331 views442Dale

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:56 - Jun 11 by R17ALE

I remember seeing Steven Gerrard paying in at a match circa 2002 v Shrewsbury. He was there in support of his best mate, the Shrewsbury goalie whose name completely escapes me.

Also, some singing woman used to turn up in support of Conrad Logan. Again the name escapes me.

Ian Dunbavin and Tina Turner.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 13:03 - Jun 11 with 4314 viewsChaffRAFC

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:56 - Jun 11 by R17ALE

Kimberley Walsh of Girls Aloud was at Dale as she was getting knobbed off Martin Pemberton who was on loan from Stockport.

The singing woman with Conrad Logan was Sam Bailey, winner of the X Factor.

Keith Allen was at Charlton away in the FA Cup years back as well!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 13:03 - Jun 11 with 4311 viewsroccydaleian

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:51 - Jun 11 by ColDale

and Stuart Maconie was at a Tuesday evening game a couple of years ago

Think that Maconie was there against Portsmoth... Was the Emmerdale one Lucy Pargeter who played Chas Dingle?
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 13:06 - Jun 11 with 4296 viewsnordenblue

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 13:03 - Jun 11 by ChaffRAFC

Kimberley Walsh of Girls Aloud was at Dale as she was getting knobbed off Martin Pemberton who was on loan from Stockport.

The singing woman with Conrad Logan was Sam Bailey, winner of the X Factor.

Keith Allen was at Charlton away in the FA Cup years back as well!

Was just talking about that Charlton game and Keith Allen this morning,all very strange
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 13:07 - Jun 11 with 4294 viewsroccydaleian

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:50 - Jun 11 by TalkingSutty

The scoreline was 3-1 that day if i remember right. I thought it was a Saturday game,funny how your mind plays tricks.

Didn't say what day it was, but yeah Uri Geller does play tricks with your mind.
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 13:08 - Jun 11 with 4291 views442Dale

Bernard Hill aka Yosser Hughes, Theoden in Lord of the Rings was seen at the Darlo play-off game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 13:09 - Jun 11 with 4289 viewsroccydaleian

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:55 - Jun 11 by nordenblue

Wasn't Alan Halsall,Tyrone off Corrie doing the halftime draw last season or season before?

Think Lisa Stansfield did the half time draw a few years ago as well.
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 13:14 - Jun 11 with 4279 viewsChaffRAFC

Remember seeing former England wicket keeper Jack Russell at Forest Green away in pre-season once.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 13:17 - Jun 11 with 4268 viewsTVOS1907

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:58 - Jun 11 by 442Dale

Ian Dunbavin and Tina Turner.

I thought it was Debbie Gibson.

Anyway, the answers to this thread lie in Roccy's Twitter feed.

More importantly, do these celebrities still need to be playing?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 13:24 - Jun 11 with 4242 viewsSandyman

Half time entertainment provided by Jimmy Cricket one night game - was it against Hull City ? That was horrendous.
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 13:41 - Jun 11 with 4195 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 13:03 - Jun 11 by roccydaleian

Think that Maconie was there against Portsmoth... Was the Emmerdale one Lucy Pargeter who played Chas Dingle?

Fake boobies........not Maconie, or perhaps so?
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 14:01 - Jun 11 with 4160 viewsSuddenLad

The night you're talking about was the very day that the Press published the news that Elton was gay.

I spoke to him in the tunnel efore the kick off and offered to swap coats, so that he could look less conspicuous. He declined the offer, which was a relief because pink has never been my favourite colour !!

Last couple of seasons have seen David Blunkett, Roy Hattersley gracing the Directors Box, Lisa Stansfield, a variety of 'soap' stars. Graeme Souness and Kenny Dalglish once came to the same match to watch Chris Viinnicombe whilst he was at Exeter.. Souness was at Rangers at the time and Viicome joined Rangers shortly afterwards.

John Motson, Tommy Trinder, David Beckham, Harry Catterick, Bill Shankly. I'm guessing there is an almost endless list over the years.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2016 14:02]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 14:53 - Jun 11 with 4101 viewschalkyncfc

Jake Bugg and Shane Meadows are both big Notts fans and can be seen regularly down the lane when they are in the area
Harold Shipman was also a Notts fan but thankfully he wont be seen down there much now
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 14:58 - Jun 11 with 4087 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 14:53 - Jun 11 by chalkyncfc

Jake Bugg and Shane Meadows are both big Notts fans and can be seen regularly down the lane when they are in the area
Harold Shipman was also a Notts fan but thankfully he wont be seen down there much now

Hey, steady Chalkz........Shipman lived and started his exploits down the road from here in Todmorden........before he was infamous, he might have tripped over to San Spotty.
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 15:16 - Jun 11 with 4053 viewswindowsbug

My wife used your work up at Spotland until a few years ago.
She's met them all. Even Elton.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 14:48]
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 15:39 - Jun 11 with 4017 viewschalkyncfc

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 14:58 - Jun 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

Hey, steady Chalkz........Shipman lived and started his exploits down the road from here in Todmorden........before he was infamous, he might have tripped over to San Spotty.

Shipman was born and lived about a mile from where I live,he was Notts through and through so get your own mass killer supporter
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 15:44 - Jun 11 with 4001 viewsroccydaleian

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 15:39 - Jun 11 by chalkyncfc

Shipman was born and lived about a mile from where I live,he was Notts through and through so get your own mass killer supporter

It was probably that, that tipped him over the edge tbf FOC!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024