Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sooo thrilled 21:50 - Jan 25 with 6138 viewsrochdaleest1907

Cannot wait for satday. Feels like when we were about to play cov all those years ago. Let's get it on can't focus on anything else this week. Works on the back burner, family put to one side. All I'm doing is trawling the web looking for clips. Hendon goal against Leeds is a stand out event at the mo. Can't find enuff on that Dale v cov match when I was a lad. Help me out, is there any coverage/video clips/media available? AllHail!

daveofthedale

Sooo thrilled on 08:37 - Jan 26 with 5071 viewsmingthemerciless

That would be before the regulular televising of every game.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 9:49]
Sooo thrilled on 08:40 - Jan 26 with 5068 viewsmingthemerciless

I've never seen any. I can remember clearly David Cross heading in the first. Vaguely remember the second Dale goal. I can sort of see Denis Butler coming through the old inside right position and hitting a low shot from the edge of the penalty area. That could have been another game though. Having my heart in my mouth when Jeff Blockley walloped a header against our cross bar and the ball bouncing down into a crowded goal mouth. I was in the Sandy Lane end and that happened at the other end so my view was obscured by players.

I was on that hill at the Church Inn end for the first half and then " migrated " at half time to behind the Sandy Lane goal for the second half.

No disrespect to Huddersfield Town but Coventry were an established First Division team so the upset was much greater.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 9:52]
Sooo thrilled on 10:19 - Jan 26 with 4951 viewspioneer

the goals were shown on look north at the time but from alongditnce camera if i remember rightly.

Coventry were playing in europe that season...a really top team at that time
Sooo thrilled on 10:34 - Jan 26 with 4904 viewsflyerdale

Are you on about the 4th round cup game against Coventry in 2003?
Sooo thrilled on 10:36 - Jan 26 with 4898 viewsdingdangblue

No video but.....

[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 10:37]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sooo thrilled on 10:47 - Jan 26 with 4863 viewsTVOS1907

Sooo thrilled on 10:36 - Jan 26 by dingdangblue

No video but.....

The programme is from the fourth round meeting in 2003. We used the same design as 1971, but with a splash of colour.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sooo thrilled on 12:05 - Jan 26 with 4711 viewsdingdangblue

Sooo thrilled on 10:47 - Jan 26 by TVOS1907

The programme is from the fourth round meeting in 2003. We used the same design as 1971, but with a splash of colour.

I know , I couldn't find the original pic.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Sooo thrilled on 12:05 - Jan 26 with 4710 viewsAtThePeake

Sooo thrilled on 10:36 - Jan 26 by dingdangblue

No video but.....

What a fantastic photo that is.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Sooo thrilled on 12:08 - Jan 26 with 4694 viewsdingdangblue

Fans on the pitch........

Sooo thrilled on 12:10 - Jan 26 with 4691 viewsAtThePeake

Sooo thrilled on 12:05 - Jan 26 by AtThePeake

Sidenote: I'm not looking forward to this one anywhere near as much as I did the Forest and Leeds games. With all due respect to Huddersfield, those two are bigger clubs with more illustrious history and I remember us playing the Terriers a few times in recent memory. It still should be a cracking cup tie and I hope we approach it with the same no fear approach that served us so well against Forest and Leeds.

Tangled up in blue.

Sooo thrilled on 15:18 - Jan 26 with 4400 viewsDaleiLama

speaking of which ...............

Would probably take another 10 lifetimes to get a shot like that again!
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 15:18]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sooo thrilled on 15:36 - Jan 26 with 4356 viewsDaleiLama

Sooo thrilled on 12:10 - Jan 26 by AtThePeake

Sidenote: I'm not looking forward to this one anywhere near as much as I did the Forest and Leeds games. With all due respect to Huddersfield, those two are bigger clubs with more illustrious history and I remember us playing the Terriers a few times in recent memory. It still should be a cracking cup tie and I hope we approach it with the same no fear approach that served us so well against Forest and Leeds.

I am hugely looking forward to it, as there's only been half a dozen such occasions in our existence, but I know what you mean about the Terriers history not being as storied.

Also, I have a sense of trepidation. Match odds are currently 9/4 Dale and 6/4 Town. I suspect there may have been slightly more parity in those numbers were it not for the egg we laid last Saturday?

Anyway, as you say, the atmosphere should be electric and I just hope we give it a right good go and don't finish with a sense of regret. I'd rather go toe-to-toe and lose a high scoring game than try to be all cagey and edge it. We've had loads of goals in us all season and now's the time to add to that tally. Keep banging them in Dale and get in the hat for the next round. That shouldn't do next years ST sales any harm either!
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 15:39]

Sooo thrilled on 16:29 - Jan 26 with 4263 viewsD_Alien

Sooo thrilled on 15:36 - Jan 26 by DaleiLama

I am hugely looking forward to it, as there's only been half a dozen such occasions in our existence, but I know what you mean about the Terriers history not being as storied.

Also, I have a sense of trepidation. Match odds are currently 9/4 Dale and 6/4 Town. I suspect there may have been slightly more parity in those numbers were it not for the egg we laid last Saturday?

Anyway, as you say, the atmosphere should be electric and I just hope we give it a right good go and don't finish with a sense of regret. I'd rather go toe-to-toe and lose a high scoring game than try to be all cagey and edge it. We've had loads of goals in us all season and now's the time to add to that tally. Keep banging them in Dale and get in the hat for the next round. That shouldn't do next years ST sales any harm either!
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 15:39]

"...the atmosphere should be electric..."

I thought you said it'd be gas?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sooo thrilled on 17:29 - Jan 26 with 4151 viewsDaleiLama

Sooo thrilled on 16:29 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

As long as it's not both!

Sooo thrilled on 18:00 - Jan 26 with 4092 views442Dale

No it isn't. We're wearing our away kit at home.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sooo thrilled on 18:02 - Jan 26 with 4082 viewsTVOS1907

Sooo thrilled on 16:29 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

We're playing them a week on Saturday.

Sooo thrilled on 18:03 - Jan 26 with 4077 views442Dale

Sooo thrilled on 18:02 - Jan 26 by TVOS1907

We're playing them a week on Saturday.

And we've worn our away kit at home against them too. It's all I can do to stay calm.

Sooo thrilled on 18:56 - Jan 26 with 3937 viewsmingthemerciless

I was on the hill just looking down on Norman Whitehead ( I think ) crossing the ball in for David Cross to head in. One of those goals you can sort of see coming before it happens.
Sooo thrilled on 18:58 - Jan 26 with 3931 viewsChaffRAFC

Very much looking forward to it. One of their coaching staff, Tony Carss (ex Oldham, Huddersfield and Carlisle) is a regular in my work and would very much love the bragging rights. They've also got big games either side of our game so am wondering that they might not send a full strength side to face us.

That said, I can't be the only one worrying about the game beating the weather can I? It's literally not got above freezing all day today.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Sooo thrilled on 19:06 - Jan 26 with 3909 views442Dale

Sooo thrilled on 18:58 - Jan 26 by ChaffRAFC

Very much looking forward to it. One of their coaching staff, Tony Carss (ex Oldham, Huddersfield and Carlisle) is a regular in my work and would very much love the bragging rights. They've also got big games either side of our game so am wondering that they might not send a full strength side to face us.

That said, I can't be the only one worrying about the game beating the weather can I? It's literally not got above freezing all day today.

Checked on the way home - the covers are down. Warms up a bit tomorrow and doesn't drop to freezing overnight Friday, then up to +7 on Saturday. Should be ok as long as the frost didn't get in the ground ahead of last night.

Sooo thrilled on 19:51 - Jan 26 with 3816 viewsD_Alien

Sooo thrilled on 18:56 - Jan 26 by mingthemerciless

I was on the hill just looking down on Norman Whitehead ( I think ) crossing the ball in for David Cross to head in. One of those goals you can sort of see coming before it happens.

Correct, and right on the stroke of half time. I was stood directly in line with Cross's header, but the goal was made by Whitehead turning their defender inside out on the by-line

And you were right earlier about Butler's winner

Sooo thrilled on 20:08 - Jan 26 with 3766 viewsTVOS1907

Sooo thrilled on 12:05 - Jan 26 by dingdangblue

I know , I couldn't find the original pic.

[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 20:08]

Sooo thrilled on 20:10 - Jan 26 with 3761 viewsTVOS1907

Sooo thrilled on 19:51 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

Correct, and right on the stroke of half time. I was stood directly in line with Cross's header, but the goal was made by Whitehead turning their defender inside out on the by-line

And you were right earlier about Butler's winner

Sorry for clogging up the board, but from my collection...

Sooo thrilled on 20:10 - Jan 26 with 3760 viewsTVOS1907

Sooo thrilled on 20:20 - Jan 26 with 3738 viewsD_Alien

Sooo thrilled on 20:08 - Jan 26 by TVOS1907

[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 20:08]

They don't make patellas like that anymore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024