Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hogan money 14:11 - Jan 31 with 13606 viewsChaffRAFC

Now that we're getting a massive amount of money for a club our size, what improvements would you want to see round the club? Squad improvements? Facilities? Contracts? Cheaper season tickets?

Personally, I'd love us spend a bit on the following:

* Get the ground painted, not just a bit but all around the ground, said it before but if you're looking at Spotland coming from Ings Lane and down Sandy Lane way then it looks a rusty mess. Get it sorted and get it spruces up, preferably in the clubs colours!

* Sort the Five a-side pitch out and turn it into an investment. Do leagues run on there anymore? The pitch on there is a disgrace to be honest, it's very dangerous and has just been left to rot since it was built many many years ago. Needs fixing definitely, I wouldn't want my lad playing on that surface.

* Seats inside Spotland need cleaning and in the mainstand, I'd go as far as to suggest we replace the red seats with which ones, it makes no sense to have red ones in there.

* How much were the Trust quoted for a scoreboard? If it's now affordable, it would be very nice to finally see one, which would also bring sponsorship opportunities surely?

That too much to ask?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hogan money on 09:30 - Feb 1 with 3492 viewsscarrow

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-on-scott-hogans

Poll: Final position

Hogan money on 10:00 - Feb 1 with 3416 viewsDaleiLama

Hogan money on 09:30 - Feb 1 by scarrow

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-on-scott-hogans

So the overflowing urinals will be replaced by a large open-air pit with a hand-rail, but the clubs future will be secure? On a cold Tuesday night it'll be like gorillas in the mist?
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 10:13]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hogan money on 10:00 - Feb 1 with 3412 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hogan money on 09:30 - Feb 1 by scarrow

Well that puts the lid on the idea that they are going to spend a bit of cash😂

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hogan money on 10:05 - Feb 1 with 3385 viewsTVOS1907

Hogan money on 08:01 - Feb 1 by rochdaleriddler

It's 2017

He was kidding.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hogan money on 10:19 - Feb 1 with 3325 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hogan money on 10:05 - Feb 1 by TVOS1907

He was kidding.

My bad 🙈

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hogan money on 10:54 - Feb 1 with 3262 viewsD_Alien

Hogan money on 10:00 - Feb 1 by DaleiLama

So the overflowing urinals will be replaced by a large open-air pit with a hand-rail, but the clubs future will be secure? On a cold Tuesday night it'll be like gorillas in the mist?
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 10:13]

What about a warm Saturday afternoon in August?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hogan money on 10:55 - Feb 1 with 3249 viewsDaleiLama

Hogan money on 10:54 - Feb 1 by D_Alien

What about a warm Saturday afternoon in August?

Nose clips?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hogan money on 11:08 - Feb 1 with 3211 viewsD_Alien

Hogan money on 10:55 - Feb 1 by DaleiLama

Nose clips?

Balls (cotton wool)

Login to get fewer ads

Hogan money on 11:11 - Feb 1 with 3193 viewsReddale

Hogan money on 21:08 - Jan 31 by 49thseason

I have 16 solar panels on a south-facing roof, the cost was £5k. Prior to install, my monthly electricity bill was £115 per month.
Post install, my electricity bill is £55 per month and I receive £600- £650 a year in feed in tariffs so effectively I no longer pay for my electricity. I do try to use things like dishwasher, washer, tumble dryer during the day which I guess may be more difficult for people who are out at work all day but I guess could be done using timers. I have also fitted LED bulbs in most of the house. the payback on my £5k is about £1200 a year and the panels should last 25 years with only a slight reduction in efficiency. The best investment I have made for years!

Apropos the Hogan money and solar, the best bet to put 100 panels on the roof of the main stand which is south facing and then invest in 3 or 4 of the new Tesla battery packs which will power the office lights etc in the evenings. I would also add some LED spotlights to the corners of the stands to brighten areas that still look a bit dark to me even though they were part of the new lights requirement a couple of years ago. I guess a lot of the lights in the stands could be replaced by LEDs as well.

My bet is that a chunk of the money will be invested in the Academy to enable it to move from category 3 to Cat 2 or even Cat1.

Beyond that repaying loans early and investing in better hospitality arrangements at the ground would seem to be the logical things to do especially as low interest rates mitigate against banking it and enjoying the proceeds

The FiT would no longer apply, making a substantial dent on the return for an investment now. Don't forget you will need a new inverter at some stage before 25 years are up. A bit off topic have you considered battery storage to you get to use all the power generated. These seem to be very fashionable when linked to domestic solar.

Only just seen earlier comments on this topic. We appear to have some very knowledgeable supporters.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 11:16]
Hogan money on 13:05 - Feb 1 with 3018 viewsBee

Congratulations on the money - looks like you could be in for £2.5m+ over the next couple of years as the add ons starting rolling in. After getting shafted a few years ago on a sell on clause with Michael Turner, we've negotiated very sensible and realistic add on clauses in our recent player sales - £3.5m received from Andre Gray, £1m+ from Tarkwoski. I imagine we'll both receive the further income on games played, goals, promotion and then staying up.

As far as I know, the other transfers we concluded that summer when Hogan arrived had 20% sell on clauses, so if you guys have got 25%-30% then you'll do nicely out of this. Also, good for you lot that you didn't bottle it like Oldham, who sold us the sell on % for Tarkowski and missed out on a big pay day.

Rochdale are obviously one of the few League One clubs who are consistently well run on a small budget each season, so I reckon you'll use this money very wisely. Good luck for the rest of the season :)
Hogan money on 13:20 - Feb 1 with 2956 viewsD_Alien

Hogan money on 13:05 - Feb 1 by Bee

Congratulations on the money - looks like you could be in for £2.5m+ over the next couple of years as the add ons starting rolling in. After getting shafted a few years ago on a sell on clause with Michael Turner, we've negotiated very sensible and realistic add on clauses in our recent player sales - £3.5m received from Andre Gray, £1m+ from Tarkwoski. I imagine we'll both receive the further income on games played, goals, promotion and then staying up.

As far as I know, the other transfers we concluded that summer when Hogan arrived had 20% sell on clauses, so if you guys have got 25%-30% then you'll do nicely out of this. Also, good for you lot that you didn't bottle it like Oldham, who sold us the sell on % for Tarkowski and missed out on a big pay day.

Rochdale are obviously one of the few League One clubs who are consistently well run on a small budget each season, so I reckon you'll use this money very wisely. Good luck for the rest of the season :)

From your point of view, do you think Brentford played their cards right?

All figures quoted are of course subject to all sorts of ifs & buts, but the reported offer from West Ham in mid-January of £13.5m is almost certainly higher than the deal which landed on the table with Villa

If your board hadn't tried to hold out for the reported £15m, mightn't Hogan now be a Hammer instead of a Villan?

Thanks for the good wishes, same for Brentford

[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 13:22]

Hogan money on 13:27 - Feb 1 with 2927 viewsBee

Hogan money on 13:20 - Feb 1 by D_Alien

From your point of view, do you think Brentford played their cards right?

All figures quoted are of course subject to all sorts of ifs & buts, but the reported offer from West Ham in mid-January of £13.5m is almost certainly higher than the deal which landed on the table with Villa

If your board hadn't tried to hold out for the reported £15m, mightn't Hogan now be a Hammer instead of a Villan?

Thanks for the good wishes, same for Brentford

[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 13:22]

The WHU bid was unfortunately nowhere near the amounts going around in the press a week or two ago. There was very little transfer activity this window on the whole, so the Hogan saga got a lot of attention and most of the figures mentioned were miles away from the actual bids we received from them.

The Villa bid was the highest we received. We set our stand out at £15m, but that was our opening negotiating stance and we were never going to hit that amount. £12m including add ons and a sale % seems a good deal for a player 6 months away from the final year of his contract. You'll get your share, we'll get ours and he'll get his, with Villa paying the agent fee.

For us to get £9m + £3m for a player we bought for £750k and only played 30 odd times for us is quite incredible if you ask me. He wasn't worth £15m, but we also didn't want to sell him on the cheap either.
Hogan money on 13:35 - Feb 1 with 2904 viewsD_Alien

Hogan money on 13:27 - Feb 1 by Bee

The WHU bid was unfortunately nowhere near the amounts going around in the press a week or two ago. There was very little transfer activity this window on the whole, so the Hogan saga got a lot of attention and most of the figures mentioned were miles away from the actual bids we received from them.

The Villa bid was the highest we received. We set our stand out at £15m, but that was our opening negotiating stance and we were never going to hit that amount. £12m including add ons and a sale % seems a good deal for a player 6 months away from the final year of his contract. You'll get your share, we'll get ours and he'll get his, with Villa paying the agent fee.

For us to get £9m + £3m for a player we bought for £750k and only played 30 odd times for us is quite incredible if you ask me. He wasn't worth £15m, but we also didn't want to sell him on the cheap either.

I agree Hogan was unlikely to attract a fee of £15m, but a lot of comments were made in the press about the Brentford board having a figure in mind and sticking to it. Was just interested in how that looks from your point of view, cheers.

[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 13:40]

Hogan money on 13:44 - Feb 1 with 2872 viewsBee

Hogan money on 13:35 - Feb 1 by D_Alien

I agree Hogan was unlikely to attract a fee of £15m, but a lot of comments were made in the press about the Brentford board having a figure in mind and sticking to it. Was just interested in how that looks from your point of view, cheers.

[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 13:40]

Largely very pleased with their negotiation in all honesty. We repeatedly said that we wanted a deal worth £15m, and ended up getting a deal worth £13m. If £15m is our opening hand, then £13m shows we played our cards well I think. Being frank, Hogan's not worth £15m and we clearly knew that full well. It would have been better for a few clubs to have been in for him at the same time, but that £13m definitely reflects the board's valuation of him.

Should he go on to score a hatful for Villa then we'll likely made an extra £2m-£3m on his next transfer.
Hogan money on 13:58 - Feb 1 with 2827 viewsdingdangblue

Hogan money on 13:44 - Feb 1 by Bee

Largely very pleased with their negotiation in all honesty. We repeatedly said that we wanted a deal worth £15m, and ended up getting a deal worth £13m. If £15m is our opening hand, then £13m shows we played our cards well I think. Being frank, Hogan's not worth £15m and we clearly knew that full well. It would have been better for a few clubs to have been in for him at the same time, but that £13m definitely reflects the board's valuation of him.

Should he go on to score a hatful for Villa then we'll likely made an extra £2m-£3m on his next transfer.

Yes £15 million is an awful lot of money and it's easy to say 'he's not worth that' but if he scores the goals that send Villa back to the Prem I'm sure they will regard it as a bargain and money well spent.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hogan money on 14:24 - Feb 1 with 2748 viewsBee

Hogan money on 13:58 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

Yes £15 million is an awful lot of money and it's easy to say 'he's not worth that' but if he scores the goals that send Villa back to the Prem I'm sure they will regard it as a bargain and money well spent.

Definitely so, it could be a steal for them if he gets them back up and scoring the the Prem. For us, we're unlikely to be bothering the play offs any time soon, plus the lack of time on his contract was an issue for us. If he had four years left on the contract then I doubt we'd have sold him in all honesty.

Strangely, most Brentford fans aren't upset he's gone. He was an exceptional player for us and a good pro and therefore deserves his chance with Villa, but we've a tendency to over-rely on our leading player (Hogan this season, Judge last season) and it's negatively impacted our play. Doesn't really make much sense, I know, but we hammered Villa last night and our incredible run last year coincided with Judge's injury. Plus the money we'll receive for him could completely change the shape of our summer transfer activity.

Would this money see you guys spending money on players, or would this be reinvested into the club's infrastructure?
Hogan money on 14:36 - Feb 1 with 2700 viewsD_Alien

Hogan money on 14:24 - Feb 1 by Bee

Definitely so, it could be a steal for them if he gets them back up and scoring the the Prem. For us, we're unlikely to be bothering the play offs any time soon, plus the lack of time on his contract was an issue for us. If he had four years left on the contract then I doubt we'd have sold him in all honesty.

Strangely, most Brentford fans aren't upset he's gone. He was an exceptional player for us and a good pro and therefore deserves his chance with Villa, but we've a tendency to over-rely on our leading player (Hogan this season, Judge last season) and it's negatively impacted our play. Doesn't really make much sense, I know, but we hammered Villa last night and our incredible run last year coincided with Judge's injury. Plus the money we'll receive for him could completely change the shape of our summer transfer activity.

Would this money see you guys spending money on players, or would this be reinvested into the club's infrastructure?

Far more the latter, although whenever we receive a windfall there's always calls for the board to "splash out" on players - most of us are fully on board (no pun intended) with the way the club operates, and you may have read that we have other priorities in the "splashing" department!

The other factor is the possibility of reaching the championship, which even with improving gates would see us stretched beyond our day-to-day revenue limits, so I'm sure the board will be retaining some of the Hogan income (as it comes through) to ensure we don't end up over-reaching ourselves financially

[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 14:40]

Hogan money on 15:11 - Feb 1 with 2596 viewsR17ALE

Hogan money on 20:51 - Jan 31 by Daley_Lama

Pay the mortgage off (or at least some part of it)

Been thinking about this Lama and from memory we took out a 25 year mortgage to cover the £250,000 shortfall in building the Main Stand. (Nearly typed new main stand but it isn't anymore!)

Given that the stand opened circa 1993, I can't imagine the mortgage has that much longer to run - 2 or 3 years maybe.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hogan money on 15:14 - Feb 1 with 2584 views100notout

Hogan money on 15:11 - Feb 1 by R17ALE

Been thinking about this Lama and from memory we took out a 25 year mortgage to cover the £250,000 shortfall in building the Main Stand. (Nearly typed new main stand but it isn't anymore!)

Given that the stand opened circa 1993, I can't imagine the mortgage has that much longer to run - 2 or 3 years maybe.

Think he meant the loan to buy the stadium

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Hogan money (n/t) on 20:37 - Feb 1 with 2330 viewsDorkingDale

[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 20:41]
Hogan money on 20:46 - Feb 1 with 2300 viewsdale1968

The only way to spend that money is pay the stadium off.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Hogan money on 20:59 - Feb 1 with 2270 viewsrochedale

Hogan money on 20:46 - Feb 1 by dale1968

The only way to spend that money is pay the stadium off.

Not sure that using your assets to pay off a debt is the greatest idea. Ok, so you'll save on interest, but those assets could be used to generate more income, which could potentially be worth more than the interest being paid.

The payments, you'd have to assume, have been set at an affordable figure over the next 9 years (I think?), taking into account projected income. Surely it would be more beneficial to put this windfall to greater use?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Hogan money on 19:13 - Feb 7 with 1928 viewsYouTubeDale

Battery packs to store the electric generated by the solar panels, feeding into the light bulbs which promote healthy grass on the pitch...it's all making sense now !!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hogan money on 20:12 - Feb 8 with 1476 viewsBendy

Not saying we should get one, but if the total cost is £20k for one of these then is it worth it? Not sure where it would go though... perhaps we'd need two in the opposite corners the main stand/Sandy corner and the one between wilbutts and pearl street would make sense

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/hyndburn/15077480.Accrington_Stanley_r
Hogan money on 12:50 - Feb 9 with 1242 viewsFondles

Hogan money on 20:12 - Feb 8 by Bendy

Not saying we should get one, but if the total cost is £20k for one of these then is it worth it? Not sure where it would go though... perhaps we'd need two in the opposite corners the main stand/Sandy corner and the one between wilbutts and pearl street would make sense

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/hyndburn/15077480.Accrington_Stanley_r

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-402420
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024